(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 184.
#2801 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

ebay.com link » Telescopic Magnetic Handle Rubber Handle Pick Up Screw Tool Pen With Led L Pgx
$2.65 including shipping. a Good 2% CC, WikiBuys and Ebay bucks totals 5% off.
Im cheap.

I wish you could still get the second one...

Brings back memories.

#2802 4 years ago

I know what I needed to replace the yellow coin card...

jurassicParkJeffGoldblumShirtless (resized).jpgjurassicParkJeffGoldblumShirtless (resized).jpg
#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I know what I needed to replace the yellow coin card...[quoted image]

Gross

#2804 4 years ago

Hi Pinheads,

Back home form the Houston Show. Yes I bought some items. LOL.

GamerRick you are behind buddy. HA.

I met some great people/ new friends , watched Red_Devils eat a pizza and found my new fav beer. Thanks BradAlbright . Love your 3D art.

If I were to buy a machine for my 3rd spot today it would be Attack From Marc - opps Mars. Loved it. Great fun

Have a great night .
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2805 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I know what I needed to replace the yellow coin card...[quoted image]

I am so sexy for my body...so sexy!! HAHAHAH

#2806 4 years ago

I wish I could see those signs at the back of the playfield.....

Rob

#2807 4 years ago

Need some help guys...I am having problems with my T-Rex, but I think they are a little different than what I've seen posted so far. Sue worked fine Friday night and all day Saturday. On Sunday, instead of opening her mouth so we can shoot the ball in there and feed her, she started just lowering her head without opening her mouth. So, when this happens and you shoot the ramp, it just hits the underside of her jaw and gets stuck until a ball search raises her head. Then the ball will come loose and roll SDTM. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? We are loving this game! Total blast to play!
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Rick

#2808 4 years ago

No Advice, but can appreciate you named her, "Sue"!

#2809 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No Advice, but can appreciate you named her, "Sue"!

Sup OPG ,

I see you have my "NEW" machine in your collection. I played it in Houston and it's by far the best /fun machine at the show.

Have you done some cool mod to it or left it alone? Would love to see a few pictures.

JP and Elvira I think were the top 2 machines played.

Thanks.

#2810 4 years ago

Played around in the garden today. 1st attempt .

Some love them some hate them.

GamerRick what you think?

trees1 (resized).jpgtrees1 (resized).jpgtrees2 (resized).jpgtrees2 (resized).jpgtrees3 (resized).jpgtrees3 (resized).jpg
#2811 4 years ago

They looks great on my DE JP, not a fan for them on Sterns.

#2812 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

They looks great on my DE JP, not a fan for them on Sterns.

You have both Pins? if so that's cool.

It was fun to see them side by side at the show. How far we have come.

#2813 4 years ago

I know i Already posted this in the other thread but i really want to know, are the premiums free of the playfieldproblems i'm thinking of buying one it is a blast to play

#2814 4 years ago
Quoted from the_belgian:

I know i Already posted this in the other thread but i really want to know, are the premiums free of the playfieldproblems i'm thinking of buying one it is a blast to play

Mine is good. Build date 11/8/19 no issues with playfield no issues with mechanics or electrical.

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from rkelley17:

Need some help guys...I am having problems with my T-Rex, but I think they are a little different than what I've seen posted so far. Sue worked fine Friday night and all day Saturday. On Sunday, instead of opening her mouth so we can shoot the ball in there and feed her, she started just lowering her head without opening her mouth. So, when this happens and you shoot the ramp, it just hits the underside of her jaw and gets stuck until a ball search raises her head. Then the ball will come loose and roll SDTM. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? We are loving this game! Total blast to play!
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Rick

I have this same issue where the head goes all over the place and tries to open its mouth on the wrong parts of the ramp. Stern said it is the microswitch under the motor isn’t registering right. They sent me a new one and it’s a little hard to get to. I just need to solder the new one on now. I’ll keep you updated

#2816 4 years ago

Ran into the coil stop rivet blowout. Just ordered a ton of backups, but plundered my Munsters for the moment to keep Jurassic Park up and running. I also ordered a couple different types of flipper rubbers to try out, as the soft red ones included are degrading. Probably coming up on a thousand plays soon, so overall everything seems to be holding up well otherwise. New pinballs from the Ball Baron also really make a nice difference. Can't get enough of this game!

#2817 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

Ran into the coil stop rivet blowout. Just ordered a ton of backups, but plundered my Munsters for the moment to keep Jurassic Park up and running. I also ordered a couple different types of flipper rubbers to try out, as the soft red ones included are degrading. Probably coming up on a thousand plays soon, so overall everything seems to be holding up well otherwise. New pinballs from the Ball Baron also really make a nice difference. Can't get enough of this game!

Apologies for the noob question here, but can someone explain the benefits of upgrading the actual pinballs? Does this somehow impact gameplay? Do different aftermarket balls hold up better over time (e.g. reduced finish scratching/denting)? Are they weighted differently? I have seen multiple people mention this before and thought I would ask the question here. Thanks!

#2818 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Apologies for the noob question here, but can someone explain the benefits of upgrading the actual pinballs? Does this somehow impact gameplay? Do different aftermarket balls hold up better over time (e.g. reduced finish scratching/denting)? Are they weighted differently? I have seen multiple people mention this before and thought I would ask the question here. Thanks!

In my opinion it's not necessary. Just inspect, clean with some novus 1 and wipe it good. Change them out if they show any sign of damage/wear. I check every 3-6 months.

#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

In my opinion it's not necessary. Just inspect, clean with some novus 1 and wipe it good. Change them out if they show any sign of damage/wear. I check every 3-6 months.

I completely agree. Absolutely no need to swap out the factory balls from a new pin. I always clean the oil off of them with rubbing alcohol before putting them in a new game. I inspect them every month or so. If balls show any little scratches after a ton of plays then I replace them with more standard balls from marco.

#2820 4 years ago

So owners that have a Prem or LE and also have a Deadpool Prem/LE, how do you rate it compared to your DP? I just got a Prem DP which the kids and I are loving, and I'm thinking about getting a JP Prem. Thoughts?

#2821 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So owners that have a Prem or LE and also have a Deadpool Prem/LE, how do you rate it compared to your DP? I just got a Prem DP which the kids and I are loving, and I'm thinking about getting a JP Prem. Thoughts?

Have you not been paying attention? Everyone loves this machine.

#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I bought JP Premium and am waiting for my DP Premium. I like both!

Rob

#2823 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I completely agree. Absolutely no need to swap out the factory balls from a new pin. I always clean the oil off of them with rubbing alcohol before putting them in a new game. I inspect them every month or so. If balls show any little scratches after a ton of plays then I replace them with more standard balls from marco.

I check them when I clean and wax the game, usually every couple of months. I've never noticed any damage/scratches on any of them in my machines. I clean the pinballs and then rub them with the same cloth I used to buff the wax from the playfield. I don't know if this is good or bad, but the balls spin like hell for a while after cleaning!!

#2824 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I get JP Premium and DP Premium both delivered next Monday - cant wait.....

#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Very different pins, both are excellent. Deadpool has a lot of humor and is generally safe for kids. You should get both.

#2826 4 years ago

JP LE’s have finally landed in Oz!! Some are picking up today, I’m hoping to grab mine tomorrow morning.

Pretty damn excited to say the least!!

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

JP LE’s have finally landed in Oz!! Some are picking up today, I’m hoping to grab mine tomorrow morning.

Same here,will be on my distributors door tomorrow morning 7:30am and cant wait....

#2828 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Oh Yeah, been waiting to AU to check in with some LE's/

#2829 4 years ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Same here,will be on my distributors door tomorrow morning 7:30am and cant wait....

It's happening!!!!!

#2830 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Played around in the garden today. 1st attempt .
Some love them some hate them.
gamerrick what you think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can't think of any other recent machine where you could get away putting fake foliage all over except this one... so go for it!

I kinda like the idea of the balls whipping through the leaves as they shoot down the ramps.

You just may be stuck raking now and then if some of the plants start to shed.

#2831 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I can't think of any other recent machine where you could get away putting fake foliage all over except this one... so go for it!
I kinda like the idea of the balls whipping through the leaves as they shoot down the ramps.
You just may be stuck raking now and then if some of the plants start to shed.

Yeah I like them....makes it look like a real jungle/park.

I did accidentally make my own mod that moves.. I installed Giselle "The Goat" and used the top left screw to hold her down and used a tree on the other screw. I bent the tree behind her so now when the ball comes down the ramp it moves the tree and Giselle. It's kinda funny...just a little wiggle.

Life is so bad. LOL.

#2832 4 years ago

So T-rex lost his jaw this evening, pretty sure this is the first instance but damn! Contacted my distributor, hopefully we can get him to the dentist soon.

20191118_212909 (resized).jpg20191118_212909 (resized).jpg20191118_213420 (resized).jpg20191118_213420 (resized).jpg20191118_213521 (resized).jpg20191118_213521 (resized).jpg
#2833 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

So T-rex lost his jaw this evening, pretty sure this is the first instance but damn! Contacted my distributor, hopefully we can get him to the dentist soon.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There should be 3 black screws somewhere floating around in your cabinet or on the playfield hiding. Two very small ones and one that’s slightly larger. How do I know, you ask? I had to completely disassemble my T Rex last night to replace a screw inside her head that fell out on Sunday and was preventing her jaw from opening/closing.

So, if your jaw stops working, this is most likely the culprit.

FE4D0FED-0073-4098-B7C0-721EAAD336DD (resized).jpegFE4D0FED-0073-4098-B7C0-721EAAD336DD (resized).jpeg
#2834 4 years ago
Quoted from the_belgian:

Thin clearcoat seems to be the "new normal" . I've seen a few people report this and i am also reporting it.

no visible playfield problems of pooling. im going for a shooter lane protector .

as many reported the default shooter eject power is potentially destructive

#2835 4 years ago

This just showed up yesterday. Great game and no major issues so far. My trex has caught the ball every time it went down on the ramp with mouth open.

However, there was one time where it went down just a little too far right and hit the ramp but it worked 3 times after that. Just a fluke?

For those wondering, that was not the final location for the machine. It is now in the basement with some other pinball company.

8D744444-EB75-42ED-92F3-C03006526FE4 (resized).jpeg8D744444-EB75-42ED-92F3-C03006526FE4 (resized).jpeg
#2836 4 years ago

Possible software bug? I received my premium Friday with .91 code. I have seen two times when I'm in CHAOS multiball that the flippers go dead.
Both times its been when I've been in the multiball for a decent amount of time with several jackpots,etc. Both times with at least 2 balls still active.
Has anyone else seen this before?

Other than this. Machine is having no issues. 95% TREX ball capture, 90% shooter lane through helopad.
I have been experimenting with playfield angle. Seems like 7 degrees works the best. I did read somewhere that Elwin said he designed the game to be
best played at 7.

#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from beaplayer:

Possible software bug? I received my premium Friday with .91 code. I have seen two times when I'm in CHAOS multiball that the flippers go dead.
Both times its been when I've been in the multiball for a decent amount of time with several jackpots,etc. Both times with at least 2 balls still active.
Has anyone else seen this before?
Other than this. Machine is having no issues. 95% TREX ball capture, 90% shooter lane through helopad.
I have been experimenting with playfield angle. Seems like 7 degrees works the best. I did read somewhere that Elwin said he designed the game to be
best played at 7.

I had the same thing happen last night. First time it has happened to me. Long multiball, two balls still in play, Chaos seems to suddenly end and flippers went dead. I wondered at first if maybe it was a trough opto problem but they seemed okay in the switch check in the menu.

I kept playing some more games specifically shooting to try to get Chaos MB to see if it would happen again. Got Chaos MB a couple more times and it seemed to work fine. One thing I noticed during the Chaos MB that bugged out was during it the raptor gate was down and I thought I noticed the post come up to hold a ball that went in the pen and then immediately lower again to release it. It was only up for a second or less to trap the ball just briefly, and I only noticed it happen once. Not sure if that’s supposed to happen or if it could be related to a bug.

I thought about sending an e-mail to the Stern bug report email address but since I sent two in a month or so ago and didn’t even get an auto reply that the email was received I wasn’t going to waste my time again if those emails aren’t actually anywhere.

#2838 4 years ago

Yep, I thought it was a trough opto issue also. But, nothing found to be any switch errors there.
Great minds think a like ? LOL

#2839 4 years ago
Quoted from beaplayer:

Has anyone else seen this before?..

Yes, this has happened on mine about 6 or 7 times now. It's always in chaos multi-ball and I believe it's after a ball has gone up into the Raptor pen (and not kept there). The game is losing track of how many balls are still in play. For mine it goes dead once one ball drains and there's still one ball in play.
Definite code bug

#2840 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Yes, this has happened on mine about 6 or 7 times now. It's always in chaos multi-ball and I believe it's after a ball has gone up into the Raptor pen (and not kept there). The game is losing track of how many balls are still in play. For mine it goes dead once one ball drains and there's still one ball in play.
Definite code bug

I think I saw discussion about this on tiltforums, so Kieth and team are aware.

#2841 4 years ago

How do you know when coil stops are shot?

#2842 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

When the flipper power sucks.

#2843 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

If the flipper power turned to mush, check the rivet on the coil stop, if it is loose or missing its shot.

#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from rkelley17:

There should be 3 black screws somewhere floating around in your cabinet or on the playfield hiding. Two very small ones and one that’s slightly larger. How do I know, you ask? I had to completely disassemble my T Rex last night to replace a screw inside her head that fell out on Sunday and was preventing her jaw from opening/closing.
So, if your jaw stops working, this is most likely the culprit.[quoted image]

Thank you for the input, found one black screw last night. Will hunt for the other two this evening.

#2845 4 years ago

With all this talk of fixes I thought I'd share a couple of mine. First was that the raptor hip nut had come off within 10 games out of the box.
As tightening the screw too much prevents the raptor from moving I reversed the nut so that the nylon on the nut faced inward. This gives a good amount of hold while being able to keep the screw loose enough. The alternative would be to get a screw that is long enough to reach the nylon portion of the nut without being too tight on the raptor hip. Probably a 1/8-1/4" longer would do the trick.

I also encountered problems with the exit opto on the T-Rex ramp, specifically the board closest to the back. The opto wasn't properly aligned and was causing fast shots not to register. Another person on here said theirs was too high for the hole so they loosened the screws slightly in order to line it up with the ramp holes. When I looked at mine it was too low so the screw fix wouldn't work. After looking at it a bit more I saw that it was really a problem with the plastic mounting point not being square with the side of the ramp causing the opto to be pointing too low, not actually being too low. My fix was to loosen the opto board and then shim one side of it and then tighten it back up. This pivoted the board so that it's now square with the side of the ramp.

#2846 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I think I saw discussion about this on tiltforums, so Kieth and team are aware.

I don’t recall seeing this mentioned there. I just went and scrolled back through the forum again and there was a mention of flippers going dead after a control room mode is started, but I didn’t see anything about it happening in Chaos MB. I could have missed it though.

#2847 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

I was skeptical when ordering them, but they weren't expensive, so I thought I'd try them. I notice smoother shots and combos, less airballs, and more accuracy and speed. I have switched them out on four games now. The difference is palpable, and it is my new standard.

#2848 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I don’t recall seeing this mentioned there. I just went and scrolled back through the forum again and there was a mention of flippers going dead after a control room mode is started, but I didn’t see anything about it happening in Chaos MB. I could have missed it though.

I guess I must have been thinking of the control room bug then, I had the chaos bug happen the other day and must have linked the two in my head then.

#2849 4 years ago

I've had it lose track of how many balls are in play 5 or 6 times now as well.

#2850 4 years ago

So my green shooter spring, which was weak in the first place, apparently died on my LE. The ball barely even makes it to the ramp. Stern is sending a new shooter assembly and orange spring, which is what was supposed to be on it in the first place.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/57?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.