(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 184.
#2751 4 years ago

Does anyone know where to connect the amber shooter rod to power for lighting?

#2752 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I'd assume the ticket power connector?

#2753 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Dummy here.. wheres that? I dont see anything obvious even with the keyed connector on the extension cable.

#2754 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Quoted from Jahkub:

No, I read it was CN15 on the bottom of the Cabinet Node board.

It's a 6 holed (but keyed) connection. I'm not sure if anything else has used that connection before. From the manual it is +5v and can drive 4 separate LEDs. I'm guessing they are controllable lights and wonder if using 3 of the lines they could do a single controlled RGB LED bulb or not?

#2755 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

No, I read it was CN15 on the bottom of the Cabinet Node board.

Yep got it!! Thx

#2756 4 years ago

Is anyone currently selling the control room plastic?

Screenshot_20191116_122237_com.android.chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191116_122237_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
#2757 4 years ago
#2758 4 years ago

Netherlands in the house!

Welcome Dutch76

LE Owners 0- 500

001 ???
002 ???
003 ???
004 ???
005 EightBallTexas
006 ???
007 ???
008 ???
009 ???
010 ???

011 cjmjmm2006
019 Dutch 76 (Netherlands)

026 da_topper
036 BrainDance
044 medfly
049 PDX-Mike
068 Troutfarm
069 Fxdwg
073 Pickleric
075 Cdonnerusmc
078 charliew65
092 Kvothe
093 Willys45
096 Pyropro
097 bemmett
099 PiperPinball

101 youdontknowme
106 Chambahz
107 Pinball-NJA
119 zavadoza
120 youdontknowme
121 youdontknowme
122 younginvisions
128 Mavantix
130 hassellcastle
135 blimpey
153 Iceman44
154 Mummite
158 Brett
159 catchlight
161 mthirkell
163 SpeedXde ( Germany)
172 Tatman9999
176 Jerol
177 Carz5811
188 Chappie101
191 MikeHogue
196 Aniraf

200 peanuts
215 Jack35
218 Arcadem
227 Jurassic2016
232 Pingod
237 Neil McRae (UK)
242 gotfrogs
252 vongator
260 t7
262 DerGoetz
263 Aukraut
269 MSLOW
270 C_Presley
272 LodgingDolphin
273 paulbmathews
274 TheGunnett
275 Blakester
278 breger1
290 HawkMoon77
299 MTPinball

301 FrankMac
305 HiHo (Austria)
310 SunFox
311 JMK
313 scooterd
327 AdamRoss
329 JustLikeMe ( London)
332 Banker
348 Tacreno
349 EVH347
350 tuflyf
352 Dawscaus
357 NavyStan
359 PhillyAudio ( Germany)
362 TimLah79
363 TradesMan
375 dylanfan71
377 Coindropper
378 Burley9043
380 Pinstein
382 RacerX61
385 IronMan8bit

408 KevinG
418 BANE
421 Paragon07
442 Gmanrulz46
449 MrMikeMan
453 Iceman44
458 GnOsls
461 GamerRick
467 Elwood.BE (Belgium)
471 Bud
475 ToddW
476 Pbatt
498 Jints56
499 Marc_B

MIA Countries
Australia "Boxed at Stern"
South America
South Africa- "Boxed at Stern"
France - "Boxed at Stern"
Asia

#2759 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the T-rex ramp exit opto? Mine seems to miss fast shots up the ramp and I'd rather not mess with it before seeing if anyone else has had and fixed this issue.

Yes, I had this issue. The opto towards the back of the machine was too high up for the pre drilled hole in the ramp. I had to unscrew it a little and it works perfect now.

At some point I’ll take it apart and correct the drilling, but it’s fine for now.

#2760 4 years ago

I’m having a problem when I plunge the ball at full speed a lot of the times it doesn’t make it up the ramp and dribbles out. I’m not sure what it’s hitting to make it lose momentum. Anyone have this problem before and have any solutions?

#2761 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I’m having a problem when I plunge the ball at full speed a lot of the times it doesn’t make it up the ramp and dribbles out. I’m not sure what it’s hitting to make it lose momentum. Anyone have this problem before and have any solutions?

it’s been discussed and covered a few times in this thread. Browse through you should find the info you need.

#2762 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Check the topic index near the top of the page. It has some of the key posts including the plunger. For what it’s worth, mine seems to be getting better as it breaks in.

#2763 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I can’t get my T-Rex to work. In the test modes his jaw is perfectly on the ramp. In game the jaw is well above the ramp and the ball just crashes into it. I’m beginning to think it’s a bug in the software (if these are steppers there’s no reason there should be so much variation). The head is centered (mine needed bias -3) so the jaw isn’t hitting anything when it opens.

Left right is a stepper motor, up/down is just a dc motor. I had problems with the TRex on my premium and it was all because the switch for centering left/right was not closing correctly. There should be other position switch(es) to check for up down too in the test menu.

Rob

#2764 4 years ago

Just got our new Premium set up. We are
loving it! Great game!

EE3DE2EC-E131-4D69-A8C3-AE5BD5775219 (resized).jpegEE3DE2EC-E131-4D69-A8C3-AE5BD5775219 (resized).jpeg0B3241B3-1B92-4DF5-ADD2-9516E2A5AF93 (resized).jpeg0B3241B3-1B92-4DF5-ADD2-9516E2A5AF93 (resized).jpeg
#2765 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Yes, I had this issue. The opto towards the back of the machine was too high up for the pre drilled hole in the ramp. I had to unscrew it a little and it works perfect now.
At some point I’ll take it apart and correct the drilling, but it’s fine for now.

Thanks, I figured it was an issue that has been seen before. Cheers!

#2766 4 years ago

I have the knocker kit installed but it does not fire during gameplay. I can get the knocker to fire in the coil test coin meter coil but not during game play. The Q24 option is deferent in the menu system then in the directions. Any help would be appreciated.

#2767 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

It needs to be a clean shot but in no way should be "hard". Do you have a video you can post?
There are numerous adjustments both in-menu and physically. You can fine tune the home position bias to make sure it is coming down in the center of the ramp (the last 3 game adjustments are for this)
There is also a physical height adjustment on the vertical motor bracket. The jaw should just barely make contact with the ramp. To test go into diag-game-vertical motor test. Lower the trex to the lowest position. If you hit the start button the jaw will toggle open and close.
If the ball goes into the mouth but doesn't grab try removing the spacers on the clear roof plastic at the front of the ramp. This is there to make sure the ball trips the ramp optic in order to fire the mouth magnet.

For my Trex, removing the spacer washer from the ceiling of the ramp did the trick. Would never have guessed that one. When I get a clean shot, for the most part Trex grabs the ball now. Thanks for the key posts! Now on to the raptor pit.

#2768 4 years ago

Been playing a ton of JP on location and am planning to purchase one this coming spring with my bonus. This will be our family's first pin! I have read on here that people are purchasing subs and connecting them to enhance the sound. I plan to put this pin in our home theater room. Is it possible to hook these up the the room's surround sound speakers? If so, that would be really cool. I haven't read of anyone doing that on here so I am guessing that it isn't really an option. Thanks for any info you can share.

#2769 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Been playing a ton of JP on location and am planning to purchase one this coming spring with my bonus. This will be our family's first pin! I have read on here that people are purchasing subs and connecting them to enhance the sound. I plan to put this pin in our home theater room. Is it possible to hook these up the the room's surround sound speakers? If so, that would be really cool. I haven't read of anyone doing that on here so I am guessing that it isn't really an option. Thanks for any info you can share.

There are companies that make sub out lines for Spike 2 systems. Something like this should work - then just connect the line out to your existing powered sub. https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

#2770 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

I've used the Pinnovators 35$ board for sub out line and connected to my receiver in my game room with a 4 speaker setup and a big sub. Totally awesome. So yes buy the Pinnovators board and crank the volume. Used on both of the sterns I have bought GOTG and
sw comic pro.

#2771 4 years ago

It comes with rca adapter to plug into your inputs on back of your receiver.

#2772 4 years ago

Just got my game!

Mostly great out of the box, but trying to adjust the helicopter since it's hitting the wireform pretty hard. I initially thought it was due to this standoff being raised, but tightening that down is putting a lot of pressure on the wireform. It's shorter than the others nearby, but that might be intentional to raise the helicopter up. Can someone check/confirm the length of this standoff for me? What's it supposed to be? Thanks!

IMG_20191116_102917 (resized).jpgIMG_20191116_102917 (resized).jpg
#2773 4 years ago

My helicopter blades were hitting the wire form because the vertical shaft that holds the blades was not vertical. It was leaning towards the wire form.

#2774 4 years ago

So I was able to get the Jeep to be much lighter by not screwing in the back two screws. Works very well. Will continue to test but I'm leaving it in

20191116_193625 (resized).jpg20191116_193625 (resized).jpg20191116_193630 (resized).jpg20191116_193630 (resized).jpg
#2775 4 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Just got my game!
Mostly great out of the box, but trying to adjust the helicopter since it's hitting the wireform pretty hard. I initially thought it was due to this standoff being raised, but tightening that down is putting a lot of pressure on the wireform. It's shorter than the others nearby, but that might be intentional to raise the helicopter up. Can someone check/confirm the length of this standoff for me? What's it supposed to be? Thanks![quoted image]

I know that one is shorter, was just playing around with it. Top of switch should be level with plastic and 1/4 inch under blades.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2776 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I was able to get the Jeep to be much lighter by not screwing in the back two screws. Works very well. Will continue to test but I'm leaving it in[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you think it will stay attached with only 2? I already ordered the model truck but since those using it were having issues wasn’t sure if I would put it in yet. It looks so much better though. Definitely want to.

#2777 4 years ago

My raptor keeps getting stuck in the down position. Gets hung up under the acrylic on the left side. Got sick of it and wasn’t able to adjust the raptor to avoid. I bent the wire from the Mezelmods raptor pen in a U shape under the left arm and that seems to prevent it from going down far enough to get stuck. Good temporary fix. Would still like to fix by adjusting the raptor.
36D545A2-C297-4394-8226-4B3B36DEABEC (resized).jpeg36D545A2-C297-4394-8226-4B3B36DEABEC (resized).jpeg955F8559-4037-4C3D-9634-59B3C1998202 (resized).jpeg955F8559-4037-4C3D-9634-59B3C1998202 (resized).jpeg

#2778 4 years ago

Just put in an order for a premium. What's the general consensus on shaker motor? Does it rock or should I pass on that and go for a subwoofer upgrade instead?

#2779 4 years ago

Gotta say, loving our premium. One of the better sterns made.

#2780 4 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

Just put in an order for a premium. What's the general consensus on shaker motor? Does it rock or should I pass on that and go for a subwoofer upgrade instead?

BOTH!

#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

My raptor keeps getting stuck in the down position. Gets hung up under the acrylic on the left side. Got sick of it and wasn’t able to adjust the raptor to avoid. I bent the wire from the Mezelmods raptor pen in a U shape under the left arm and that seems to prevent it from going down far enough to get stuck. Good temporary fix. Would still like to fix by adjusting the raptor.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is happening to me. I looked to maybe adjust the kicker strength but I didn't see it in the menu.

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

This is happening to me. I looked to maybe adjust the kicker strength but I didn't see it in the menu.

Loosen the screws that secure the clear plastic and then adjust the positioning until it works properly.
Easy fix.
Though I also played with the raptors hip joint. I tightened mine a little so he wouldn’t lean so far forward, and he just jumps/rocks as intended without getting caught.

#2783 4 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

That's a tough one. This pin really benefits from both IMO.
I say shaker first. Then add a pinnovators sub out kit and powered sub later.

#2784 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Do you think it will stay attached with only 2? I already ordered the model truck but since those using it were having issues wasn’t sure if I would put it in yet. It looks so much better though. Definitely want to.

Played tonight no issues
Two screws should be enough. Little toy..

#2785 4 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

Yes with the Trex screaming the Shaker really nails it
Get the sub too.

Already in 7k.... Why stop for 200 more ; )

#2786 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I took the raptor apart and removed the washer that is in the leg spacer, it was allowing smooth travel but wasn't allowing the raptor hinge pin inside the leg to hit the stop point. It's a simple fix, just take the screw out of the Raptor's hind area, take out the washer, put it back together and done..not sure why the washer is in there as it doesn't seem to need it... also you may want to loosen the screw holding the washer weights together, for one, it provides a little better clearance for the plastic and the end of the screw and 2. it allows the washers to have a little slack to them and not be as rigid under the plastic and allows for some more randomness of the weight distribution to help the tail of the Raptor come back down...this is what I've found and what works for me

#2787 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I took the raptor apart and removed the washer that is in the leg spacer, it was allowing smooth travel but wasn't allowing the raptor hinge pin inside the leg to hit the stop point. It's a simple fix, just take the screw out of the Raptor's hind area, take out the washer, put it back together and done..not sure why the washer is in there as it doesn't seem to need it...

So it’s just the screw behind the raptor? You don’t have to take it off or all apart? Does the washer easily fall after removing the screw? Don’t want to lose it. And where are the weights to adjust? Thanks!

#2788 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So it’s just the screw behind the raptor? You don’t have to take it off or all apart? Does the washer easily fall after removing the screw? Don’t want to lose it. And where are the weights to adjust? Thanks!

It's the one that goes straight through the hip with the lock nut on the other side...I just hold a strong magnet nearby whenever I'm pulling apart pieces like that if I miss and don't catch it..The screw comes out and the Raptor top body comes right off with a slight twist...you'll see a washer on one side inside the assembly...just reattach the body rescrew

The other screw though the tail is just an eyeball loosening with the washer weights

#2789 4 years ago

Talked to Mike Vinikour today at the Houston Arcade Expo...he answered 2 questions that had been bugging me with my Premium... definitely designed with RED rubber for the flippers and 7.0 for the play field angle...I was messing with black rubber to try and compensate for the wrong play field angle I set it up at

Time to readjust...I had mine at 6.5 per the manual but he said Keith designed it with 7.0 in mind. I was having trouble with my helipad shot and the ones at the expo seemed to shoot much easier

Super nice guy and gave a great presentation.

My daughter "challenged" him to a game of Jurassic Park and he comped her a T-shirt! We both had a blast!

***Update***

Got it dialed in...7.0 works amazing now.. Can hit all the shots now and there is so much more flow!!!

20191116_194723 (resized).jpg20191116_194723 (resized).jpg

#2790 4 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Just got my game!
Mostly great out of the box, but trying to adjust the helicopter since it's hitting the wireform pretty hard. I initially thought it was due to this standoff being raised, but tightening that down is putting a lot of pressure on the wireform. It's shorter than the others nearby, but that might be intentional to raise the helicopter up. Can someone check/confirm the length of this standoff for me? What's it supposed to be? Thanks![quoted image]

I had this issue. Stern instructed me to bend the form. I had to unscrew the two screws holding in the form to avoid damaging the standoffs. I then used a thick layer of paper towels to protect the chrome, and used an adjustable pliers to bend the edge down.

#2791 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It's the one that goes straight through the hip with the lock nut on the other side...I just hold a strong magnet nearby whenever I'm pulling apart pieces like that if I miss and don't catch it..The screw comes out and the Raptor top body comes right off with a slight twist...you'll see a washer on one side inside the assembly...just reattach the body rescrew
The other screw though the tail is just an eyeball loosening with the washer weights

Okay that is just a great idea! Can’t believe I never thought of placing a magnet down first. I only used one after I lost a piece to pull out a piece once I found it. Sometimes I can use a small magnetic wand to find a lost metal piece. Instead of that, placing a magnet down before unscrewing could really help. Sometimes it’s the simplest things that you never even think of. Do you think this will work well or is there a better design you would recommend:

https://www.amazon.com/DIYMAG-Powerful-Neodymium-Permanent-Scientific/dp/B06XD2X45M/ref=sr_1_6

#2792 4 years ago

Does anyone know how to turn down the ball eject power, I tried to find this in the menu but cant locate it.

#2793 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Does anyone know how to turn down the ball eject power, I tried to find this in the menu but cant locate it.

It’s in game settings. Feature 212. Go to adjustments, then game, then scroll through to 212. I’ve got mine set at 176. Default is much higher.

#2794 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

It’s in game settings. Feature 212. Go to adjustments, then game, then scroll through to 212. I’ve got mine set at 176. Default is much higher.

Great thanks!!. It's crazy high by default, want to reduce it to prevent unnecessary shooter lane damage.

#2795 4 years ago

I took a thing out of a box.

#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Okay that is just a great idea! Can’t believe I never thought of placing a magnet down first. I only used one after I lost a piece to pull out a piece once I found it. Sometimes I can use a small magnetic wand to find a lost metal piece. Instead of that, placing a magnet down before unscrewing could really help. Sometimes it’s the simplest things that you never even think of. Do you think this will work well or is there a better design you would recommend:
amazon.com link »

That should work great!

#2797 4 years ago

I use this as it helps pick up dropped pieces with the Built in LED, long telescope, strong magnet.
(40 Years ago, I used the second pic!)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2798 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I use this as it helps pick up dropped pieces with the Built in LED, long telescope, strong magnet.
(40 Years ago, I used the second pic!)[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you give me the link for the first one lol. Thanks.

#2799 4 years ago

ebay.com link: Telescopic Magnetic Handle Rubber Handle Pick Up Screw Tool Pen With LED L PGX

$2.65 including shipping. a Good 2% CC, WikiBuys and Ebay bucks totals 5% off.

Im cheap.

#2800 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

$2.65 including shipping. a Good 2% CC, WikiBuys and Ebay bucks totals 5% off.

Have no idea how the whole thing cost so $2.65 with shipping from China. One of life's mysteries......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/56?hl=goodomens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.