(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 185.
#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

All calibration is done is software. Use the last 3 adjustments in the ADJ-GAME menu to calibrate home position bias as well as left and right. If t-rex is dropping too far to the right move the bias a couple steps negative. Too far left move it a couple steps positive.

I was able to center but it’s impossible to get the ball in his mouth?? Is there an adjustment? I can’t feed his mouth with the ball his mouth is open waiting for the ball,,

#2702 4 years ago

My premium is sitting on a pallet in my garage, but I don’t have a helper to bring it inside.

#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

My premium is sitting on a pallet in my garage, but I don’t have a helper to bring it inside.

Put two legs on.... tilt downward.... pick up back end and put it on a saw horse Or stool.... add rear legs.... put sliders on and slide it into its designated area unless you have stairs

#2704 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

I was tying to create a new topic and got this message.

Error! You (1000) have insufficient user level for this call (Y:0, R: 10).

Help!

#2705 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Hey Guys,
I was tying to create a new topic and got this message.
Error! You (1000) have insufficient user level for this call (Y:0, R: 10).
Help!

It could be a glitch. Try signing out and back in.

#2706 4 years ago

Nit Picky post of the day!!!
I love the tower, it's by far my top mod. Yes the raptor cage is 2nd and 3rd is a tie with my egg and jeep.
That huge hole in the roof is just pissing me off...HAHA..joking but it's time to use the force here with you guys. What should we do to fix it?
I am sure someone has already got a fix or working on a cool sign for the roof, maybe a flag. I just popped on the sign for now. The small one was to small.
It's not great but better than a hole with rain or birds flying in..HAHA
Any ideas??
[quoted image]

Too funny I want to buy one too but that stood out. I think they should jus print a small removable plug and sit it in the hole, then while there would be a small seam you would not see the screw.

#2707 4 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Too funny I want to buy one too but that stood out. I think they should jus print a small removable plug and sit it in the hole, then while there would be a small seam you would not see the screw.

"Exactly"

We spend all this money on these works of of art and these little eyes sores bother me. HAHA

The shiny screws are gone now on my PIN.

I have something in the works...

#2708 4 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Actually I think that might be the best solution. 3D print a small plug same color or even a different color on purpose to fill in the hole. However it would need to be removable in case you ever need to remove the tower.

#2709 4 years ago

How about some fake solar panels, or an AC unit.

#2710 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think the... "why would Nedry do this ?"call out... Is fast becoming the new "okay... who brought the dog?"
That line has to change in final code... I'd rather not hear it at all than hear old man Jenkins rattle on...

I'm removing that in my next code update. Waiting for Stern to drop new code first. Should be very soon

#2711 4 years ago

Anyone try black flipper rubber on the premium or le? I know the red is softer, but they ship the pro with black and I'm kinda used to the hardness of my SW with black rubber... you think this is because of the raptor cage and Trex (ie rejects/damage) or simply looks

#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm working on mod'd audio. Do you have any suggestions of what to replace it with?

Man that's a tough one..have to think about it

#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Regarding flipper strength, we played my premium for about 4 hours straight a few nights ago. By the end of the night, the right flipper was only making the left ramp on a perfect shot, and you had to flip pretty early to compensate for the diminished strength. Raised the 235 default power to 255 and it felt normal again. I thought it might be too strong once the coil cooled down or whatever, but it seems to play fine at 255, so I'm leaving it maxed out for now.

Hey,

I raised it down to 200... with 235-255 i had many problems:

Two balls came out often...

In the Elvira thread, Many people damged the shooter lane with 255. an update fixed it down...

So if you don‘t have a shooter lane protector, take care...

#2714 4 years ago

I got word that my premium is in..... Looking forward to getting the pin.

#2715 4 years ago
Quoted from Phillyaudio:

Hey,
I raised it down to 200... with 235-255 i had many problems:
Two balls came out often...
In the Elvira thread, Many people damged the shooter lane with 255. an update fixed it down...
So if you don‘t have a shooter lane protector, take care...

I think your talking about the trough ejector, they were talking about the actual flipper coil strength setting 208-210

By the way, I have mine turned down on my machines to 176 with no issues

#2716 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think your talking about the trough ejector, they were talking about the actual flipper coil strength setting #208-210 in the adjustment menu

#2717 4 years ago

Is it just me, but it seems like Jurassic Park code updates are coming out a little slower than recent Stern pins. Don't get me wrong, the pin released in better shape code wise than many past Stern releases. It just seems there hasn't been any movement forward in a while, especially when we saw a DeadFlip stream a few weeks back where they were showing off some unreleased code.

#2718 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Is it just me, but it seems like Jurassic Park code updates are coming out a little slower than recent Stern pins. Don't get me wrong, the pin released in better shape code wise than many past Stern releases. It just seems there hasn't been any movement forward in a while, especially when we saw a DeadFlip stream a few weeks back where they were showing off some unreleased code.

Keith Elwin posted on tiltforums November 6th

"Shooting for one giant update. Not sure when"

#2719 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm working on mod'd audio. Do you have any suggestions of what to replace it with?

When does the game say that? The right drain?

I wonder if Samuel L Jackson saying something like "I can't get Jurassic Park back on line without Dennis Nedry." or Hammond saying "I will kill Nedry. I will kill him." ?

#2720 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Keith Elwin posted on tiltforums November 6th
"Shooting for one giant update. Not sure when"

Picking up JPprem today. Will it have original code? Not sure the manufacturer date

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Picking up JPprem today. Will it have original code? Not sure the manufacturer date

My Prem was built on Nov 7th and it had the most current code version already installed.My supply drop and raptor targets wiring were switched so check that to make sure its correct. Still waiting on my dad to come over and fix that for me .

#2722 4 years ago

Thanks TheRookie
Does Wires being switched cause a mixup in scoring?

#2723 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Thanks therookie
Does Wires being switched cause a mixup in scoring?

Its much harder to get Add a balls in multiball and the various awards from the Supply drop target so in that regard I would say scores are lower. But no real mix up in scoring as you are asking. Its a problem that occurred during assembly that I'm sure 99% wont have to fix but I'm fortunate enough to know someone who can fix it. Enjoy your game when you get it, its phenomenal.

#2724 4 years ago

Update List!!!

Welcome Marc_B

Updated List!!!

LE Owners 0- 500

001 ???
002 ???
003 ???
004 ???
005 EightBallTexas
006 ???
007 ???
008 ???
009 ???
010 ???
011 cjmjmm2006

026 da_topper
036 BrainDance
044 medfly
049 PDX-Mike
068 Troutfarm
069 Fxdwg
073 Pickleric
075 Cdonnerusmc
078 charliew65
092 Kvothe
093 Willys45
096 Pyropro
097 bemmett
099 PiperPinball

101 youdontknowme
107 Pinball-NJA
106 Chambahz
119 zavadoza
120 youdontknowme
121 youdontknowme
122 younginvisions
128 Mavantix
130 hassellcastle
135 blimpey
153 Iceman44
154 Mummite
158 Brett
159 catchlight
161 mthirkell
163 SpeedXde ( Germany)
172 Tatman9999
176 Jerol
177 Carz5811
188 Chappie101
191 MikeHogue
196 Aniraf

200 peanuts
215 Jack35
218 Arcadem
227 Jurassic2016
232 Pingod
237 Neil McRae (UK)
242 gotfrogs
252 vongator
260 t7
262 DerGoetz
263 Aukraut
269 MSLOW
270 C_Presley
272 LodgingDolphin
273 paulbmathews
274 TheGunnett
275 Blakester
278 breger1
290 HawkMoon77
299 MTPinball

301 FrankMac
305 HiHo (Austria)
310 SunFox
311 JMK
313 scooterd
327 AdamRoss
329 JustLikeMe ( London)
332 Banker
348 Tacreno
349 EVH347
350 tuflyf
352 Dawscaus
357 NavyStan
359 PhillyAudio ( Germany)
362 TimLah79
363 TradesMan
375 dylanfan71
377 Coindropper
378 Burley9043
380 Pinstein
382 RacerX61
385 IronMan8bit

408 KevinG
418 BANE
421 Paragon07
442 Gmanrulz46
449 MrMikeMan
453 Iceman44
458 GnOsls
461 GamerRick
467 Elwood.BE (Belgium)
471 Bud
475 ToddW
476 Pbatt
498 Jints56
499 Marc_B

MIA Countries
Australia "Boxed at Stern"
South America
South Africa- "Boxed at Stern"
France - "Boxed at Stern"
Asia

#2725 4 years ago

Got my Premium this morning. Now the agonizing wait to get help here to move it down to the basement. Must say the left side artwork on this cab is better than I was expecting. Nicely done. Box was in perfect condition.

960AE634-9809-4B48-B1F1-C105815708C3 (resized).jpeg960AE634-9809-4B48-B1F1-C105815708C3 (resized).jpeg61F5C863-ABE6-4FAB-BF00-F1132A5ABD67 (resized).jpeg61F5C863-ABE6-4FAB-BF00-F1132A5ABD67 (resized).jpeg
#2726 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Got my Premium this morning. Now the agonizing wait to get help here to move it down to the basement. Must say the left side artwork on this cab is better than I was expecting. Nicely done. Box was in perfect condition.[quoted image][quoted image]

leave the legs off , plug it in and , life it a little and play sitting down...lol

#2727 4 years ago

New ball stuck spot.

stuck (resized).jpgstuck (resized).jpg
#2728 4 years ago

New ball stuck spot.[quoted image]

I have 3 spots where balls like to hide. I'm going to add some plants there.

#2729 4 years ago

New ball stuck spot.[quoted image]

I had one get stuck there. I have 8 pins only one so far no ball has been stuck in. No way to avoid it. Just need to put things in spots where it happens often to stop it. I had a spot above the left orbit on my POTC the ball got stuck there all the time. Couldn’t find it or shake the ball loose the first time. Finally put a furniture protector clear rubber adhesive button down and no more stuck ball there.

#2731 4 years ago

Got my Premium this morning. Now the agonizing wait to get help here to move it down to the basement. Must say the left side artwork on this cab is better than I was expecting. Nicely done. Box was in perfect condition.[quoted image][quoted image]

leave the legs off , plug it in and , life it a little and play sitting down...lol

Hell, just put the legs on there until your friend gets there. Only takes two minutes to take all four off with help. Then move it and put them back on. You can play all you want normally until you move. It’s easy to put them on by yourself too if you have anything to prop under it. Lots of things will work just don’t use something that is light and has wheels or it might move on you and drop the pin that’s a big no no.

#2732 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think your talking about the trough ejector, they were talking about the actual flipper coil strength setting 208-210

That’s exactly where I have all my Stern trough ejectors now - 176 works every time but comes out light. No effect on play. It was slamming the side rail when I first got it. Already dented.

#2733 4 years ago

So everything looks great. Ball launch is fine. Playfield is good. Did not test the wiring on targets yet. But we do have issues with the Trex capturing the ball properly. What it looks like to me is it is a bit angled left. We adjust in software to the right and his jaw hits the ramp. If it stays there, it doesn’t come down low enough. If it comes down the rest of the way the ramp will push it left. So I think it is a mounting angle and position issue. It needs to be physically adjusted to shift left and then we can software angle it back to the right.

Anybody run in to this and try to shift the Trex yet?

#2734 4 years ago

Joined the club today! Premium was born on the fourth. Everything looks great, although the Trex head was wedged around one of the habitrails like he was trying to bite through it. Nerve wracking but everything appears okay after running through the Trex tests. Will see how it reacts in gameplay. Excited! Premium art was my favorite, looks even better in person.

#2735 4 years ago

So everything looks great. Ball launch is fine. Playfield is good. Did not test the wiring on targets yet. But we do have issues with the Trex capturing the ball properly. What it looks like to me is it is a bit angled left. We adjust in software to the right and his jaw hits the ramp. If it stays there, it doesn’t come down low enough. If it comes down the rest of the way the ramp will push it left. So I think it is a mounting angle and position issue. It needs to be physically adjusted to shift left and then we can software angle it back to the right.

Mine is slightly to the left but picks up the ball over 90% of the time.

#2736 4 years ago

JPPrem in the house! All is in order. Plays great

83CF7084-6A15-422D-86AE-1ED73EAB2ECD (resized).jpeg83CF7084-6A15-422D-86AE-1ED73EAB2ECD (resized).jpegCBE2567E-E4BF-4695-80FE-FA78FCABF58E (resized).jpegCBE2567E-E4BF-4695-80FE-FA78FCABF58E (resized).jpegEBBABA3E-66F1-4221-B41D-10699AD3F4AB (resized).jpegEBBABA3E-66F1-4221-B41D-10699AD3F4AB (resized).jpeg
#2737 4 years ago

Palm Trees x 4

Fan Trees x 5

I think I went a little over board on these. Who else has bought 9 damn tress?? lol.

The goat is massive guys, please show me a picture of where you have decided to put him/her. It will not work top left next to sue as she will hit it in multi and chaos multi ball when she goes crazy..LOL . I moved her with game off and no way jose.

Thanks .

#2738 4 years ago

The goat is massive guys, please show me a picture of where you have decided to put him/her. It will not work top left next to sue as she will hit it in multi and chaos multi ball when she goes crazy..LOL . I moved her with game off and no way jose.
Thanks .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/51#post-5298224

#2739 4 years ago

Whoohooo

#2740 4 years ago

#2741 4 years ago

Can anyone go into their switch test menu and let me know if you hover over the little sensor on the Trex tongue if it registers a switch.

Mine is not registering and I’m not sure if this is normal or not, my TRex also only catches the ball every seven or eight attempts.

#2742 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Can anyone go into their switch test menu and let me know if you hover over the little sensor on the Trex tongue if it registers a switch.
Mine is not registering and I’m not sure if this is normal or not, my TRex also only catches the ball every seven or eight attempts.

Pretty certain that's not normal (I don't own one but have played plenty at my friends). I'd try to re-seat the connector.

#2743 4 years ago

I had the same observation ended up adjusting L/R to +3 and then lowering the jaw with the bracket adjustment (unscrewing, lowering TRex, then tightening - instructions in this thread). I’ve discovered that it’s important to make the bracket adjustment during a gameplay TRex event because I also noticed dropping TRex from the “settings” is slightly different from the gameplay jaw location.

Anyway..... I’m up to about 80% grabs but there is some variation where the jaw drops on the ramp during events. I chalk it up to a weak shot and move on.

#2744 4 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Pretty certain that's not normal (I don't own one but have played plenty at my friends). I'd try to re-seat the connector.

Thanks, I will try to find the cable to re-seat.

#2745 4 years ago

Damn dino should pause during video sequences

#2746 4 years ago

Those of you with rejected TREX balls.. have any of you tried black rubber flippers instead of the grippier softer red rubber..I think the black tends to put less spin on the ball which may be contributing to the rejects...just a theory..I've had a couple rejects with red...as I've gone to black I've had 0...plus the gameplay feels faster and my shots are more accurate...For whatever reason, the Prem and LE ship with Red rubber while the pro has black (not sure if it was purely aesthetic or on purpose for the mechs on the non pro's)...just throwing a simple fix out there before people start shifting the TREX head around etc...
20191115_121804.jpg20191115_121804.jpg

#2747 4 years ago

JP Premium in the house! I traded my Pro back in(which is a great game itself)after playing the Premium. Felt in this case the extra coin was worth it. Build date of Nov 11 and have zero issues out of the box. Well, with the exception I still suck at pinball.Been playing all afternoon. TREX has been flawless in execution. No issue with the targets being reversed. I have seen no alarming issues with the play field. Shout to Randy at GotPinball here in Tampa Bay! Always a pleasure!

#2748 4 years ago

Ahhh... okay will move my danger sign and try it . no chain in the box. lol.

Damn tress looks like a jungle.

#2749 4 years ago

I can’t get my T-Rex to work. In the test modes his jaw is perfectly on the ramp. In game the jaw is well above the ramp and the ball just crashes into it. I’m beginning to think it’s a bug in the software (if these are steppers there’s no reason there should be so much variation). The head is centered (mine needed bias -3) so the jaw isn’t hitting anything when it opens.

#2750 4 years ago

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the T-rex ramp exit opto? Mine seems to miss fast shots up the ramp and I'd rather not mess with it before seeing if anyone else has had and fixed this issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/55?hl=hawkmoon77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.