(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 185.
#2651 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I love how the dog is just sitting there, hanging out

The most social dog on the planet. Loves people and all he wants to do it sit next to us.

As the piano lid opens he is waiting.

#2652 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Nice to see some LE's still for sale. My buddy is now looking for one after coming over and playing mine last night.
Does your distro have more??
Thanks.

Yeah, pinballs.com still has 2 or 3 left

#2653 4 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Yeah, pinballs.com still has 2 or 3 left

Ahhh Cool. I met him at the Chicago Expo hanging out with the TNT guys. Nice guy.

Thanks for the info.

#2654 4 years ago

Hi, fellow JP owners. I just got a new pro, but I was invited by a prominent premium/le owner to post my vehicle mod here for you to see.

I swapped out the “adventure vehicle” with a 1/32 scale Jeep from the movie. I prefer it. It’s almost exactly the same size, it just weighs slightly more. It works fine, no significant change, except maybe incidental contact doesn’t change the vehicle direction as much.

If you have questions, ask me or 8ball Texas! It’s pretty easy. Just drill 4 tiny holes in the bottom of the new toy (die cast, but bottom is plastic) and remove the stock vehicle. The vehicle is mounted on a rod with 4 screws. The rod is held in place with a round metal piece, which can be loosened with an Allen wrench. Be careful of the 3 washers on the rod beneath the vehicle. They are important.

Have fun!

21EE3065-120C-439B-A8F8-88F6D87E627D (resized).jpeg21EE3065-120C-439B-A8F8-88F6D87E627D (resized).jpegB6889D46-AC0D-4048-AA45-8889FD85A3FC (resized).jpegB6889D46-AC0D-4048-AA45-8889FD85A3FC (resized).jpegE1E49CBE-2341-4247-A3BB-D04BA16240F1 (resized).jpegE1E49CBE-2341-4247-A3BB-D04BA16240F1 (resized).jpeg
#2655 4 years ago

I got my topper today!

4C2938CF-A182-4E6B-8E44-E232AE8B8CA5 (resized).jpeg4C2938CF-A182-4E6B-8E44-E232AE8B8CA5 (resized).jpegD7E46EC9-8832-4474-9A7C-26F889BCDE55 (resized).jpegD7E46EC9-8832-4474-9A7C-26F889BCDE55 (resized).jpeg
#2656 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my topper today!

Lucky you!! I am a few weeks away from getting mine...

#2657 4 years ago

That's a nice looking topper. Can't wait to get mine

#2658 4 years ago

Hey Delt. I shared info on this Topper in my post #308 in this string and you said in #311 that you were "not impressed" and that it "looks like a rehash". I guess you changed your mind huh?

#2659 4 years ago

Is this the official Stern topper?

#2660 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Hey Delt. I shared info on this Topper in my post #306 in this string and uou said in #308 that you were "not impressed" and that it "looks like a rehash". I guess you changed your mind huh?

yeah I recall seeing it originally and was not impressed but after seeing it in real pics (not just mockups like you were referring to), I was sold. Put my order in.

#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Is this the official Stern topper?

No. It was offerred by Tilt Topper as a limited run item a couple of months ago. You might contact Dan at Tilt Topper if you want one. I placed my order as soon as I saw it because I thought it looked great and I have bought from Dan before and know his quality. And, I don't have a lot of confidence that a Stern version will be forthcoming soon. Has any one seen the Star Wars Topper?

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

...Has any one seen the Star Wars Topper?

#2663 4 years ago

Got my premium today. No issues so far. Played a few games only. Excited to play more tomorrow.

#2664 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Got my premium today. No issues so far. Played a few games only. Excited to play more tomorrow.

I’m wondering why I paid for my pin that I still haven’t received

#2665 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Have you done the Raptor tower mod? (I think you did, but I'm too lazy to search lol ) That looks like the insulator for the flasher shining on the TREX that was located in the original tower

Thanks. Speaking of which that flasher is not working now. Was going to check the wires next time I raise the playfield. Could this falling out prevent the flasher from working or cause a short? Where does it go lol? Thanks!

#2666 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’m wondering why I paid for my pin that I still haven’t received

Depends on the distributor I think. My distributor is part of a larger movie chain in Canada. So I only have to pay once they get an item in stock. Smaller distributors have less cash flow and don't want to pay for machines themselves then get the customer to pay them. I think this is probably why? Could be off.

#2667 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Depends on the distributor I think. My distributor is part of a larger movie chain in Canada. So I only have to pay once they get an item in stock. Smaller distributors have less cash flow and don't want to pay for machines themselves then get the customer to pay them. I think this is probably why? Could be off.

Totally makes sense.... Im just a bit anxious to start flipping

#2668 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

No. It was offerred by Tilt Topper as a limited run item a couple of months ago. You might contact Dan at Tilt Topper if you want one. I placed my order as soon as I saw it because I thought it looked great and I have bought from Dan before and know his quality. And, I don't have a lot of confidence that a Stern version will be forthcoming soon. Has any one seen the Star Wars Topper?

Yes I have and it's cool. I spoke about it in a previous post.

#2669 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Thanks. Speaking of which that flasher is not working now. Was going to check the wires next time I raise the playfield. Could this falling out prevent the flasher from working or cause a short? Where does it go lol? Thanks!

It is most definitely the wires, as I had to take off the plastic behind the tower to get all the wires through the hole in the playfield...so it is a tight fit...I bet it's most likely just a loose connection

That piece simply goes between the flasher and the roof to prevent any shorts since there was a metal bridge supporting the original ... you probably don't need it on the mod but I put it there just as a heat (not that there is any) / protective barrier

#2670 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Anyone else getting balls stuck in the gate by the spinner?[quoted image][quoted image]

I had this, just pulled up on the fence bridge ever so slightly to allow the ball to contact more of the underside of the one way gate...now if it slow rolls there it drops underneath the gate back down the spinner lane...which is where the ball search sent it anyways

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It is most definitely the wires, as I had to take off the plastic behind the tower to get all the wires through the hole in the playfield...so it is a tight fit...I bet it's most likely just a loose connection
That piece simply goes between the flasher and the roof to prevent any shorts since there was a metal bridge supporting the original ... you probably don't need it on the mod but I put it there just as a heat (not that there is any) / protective barrier

It is a tight squeeze. They could have added a few extra inches to make it a little easier to get thru without a flashlight and some needle nose...LOL.

#2672 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Distro has ordered the replacement legs from Stern. Awesome service.

Green legs received and installed!! My forklift attachment on my escalera was useful today!
C06F5001-1556-4574-B19A-DD969A3CED24 (resized).jpegC06F5001-1556-4574-B19A-DD969A3CED24 (resized).jpeg669CC763-F48F-4123-8B98-6F3CC315693B (resized).jpeg669CC763-F48F-4123-8B98-6F3CC315693B (resized).jpeg
998D41FB-8BBA-41F5-AED7-59FAC874983D (resized).jpeg998D41FB-8BBA-41F5-AED7-59FAC874983D (resized).jpeg

#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Green legs received and installed!! My forklift attachment on my escalera was useful today!
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Life is all good now!!

I see a few mods upfront. Newbie question , what is the yellow square button under the start button? We used that for vol control.

#2674 4 years ago

It is a tight squeeze. They could have added a few extra inches to make it a little easier to get thru without a flashlight and some needle nose...LOL.

Absolutely right. Despite online instructions, better to attach jumper connector to mod bulb and then use a cable tie taped to connectors to guide and feed wire up to 3 way harness.

#2675 4 years ago

Hey all! If you're coming down to Houston for the Arcade and Pinball Expo, come say hi at my art booth! Royale-W-Cheese reminded me to share this JP 3D poster from last year's anniversary art show at DCon in Anaheim. I'll have a ton of other stuff to look at, all with 3D glasses provided. Come hang out!
(and sorry about the giant photo dump)

il_fullxfull.1740242095_tgsn (resized).jpgil_fullxfull.1740242095_tgsn (resized).jpgfde8a5e4e653bf0c5a892aceecb24aad40ab43c1 (resized).jpegfde8a5e4e653bf0c5a892aceecb24aad40ab43c1 (resized).jpegeb6d5b77315813.5c843fb407282 (resized).jpgeb6d5b77315813.5c843fb407282 (resized).jpgil_794xN.1827346840_3w1l (resized).jpgil_794xN.1827346840_3w1l (resized).jpgil_794xN.1943362062_ay9w (resized).jpgil_794xN.1943362062_ay9w (resized).jpgil_fullxfull.1874809963_spue (resized).jpgil_fullxfull.1874809963_spue (resized).jpg
#2676 4 years ago
Quoted from BradAlbright:

Hey all! If you're coming down to Houston for the Arcade and Pinball Expo, come say hi at my art booth! eightballtexas reminded me to share this JP 3D poster from last year's anniversary art show at DCon in Anaheim. I'll have a ton of other stuff to look at, all with 3D glasses provided. Come hang out!
(and sorry about the giant photo dump)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to our thread Brad. Your art is awesome.

Who wants to help me drink a case of this??

See you guys in a few days.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2677 4 years ago

Life is all good now!!
I see a few mods upfront. Newbie question , what is the yellow square button under the start button? We used that for vol control.

Tournament start button. Everyone gets them free from the factory except us dirty Americans.

They look kinda bad on the new cabinets (without the recessed button hole). I think it's past time for Stern to remodel them to fit better with the SPIKE 2 cabinets.

#2678 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Tournament start button. Everyone gets them free from the factory except us dirty Americans.
They look kinda bad on the new cabinets (without the recessed button hole). I think it's past time for Stern to remodel them to fit better with the SPIKE 2 cabinets.

Yet we make up 75% of all sales.......what's the reason behind that?? gambling?

Will you be in Houston with your lights?

#2679 4 years ago

Newsflash..
Right "Nerdy" outlane, you are a cold heartless bitch!
Oh how I hate you!
That is all...

#2680 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Newsflash..
Right "Nerdy" outlane, you are a cold heartless bitch!
Oh how I hate you!
That is all...

Agreed!!

#2681 4 years ago

Nit Picky post of the day!!!

I love the tower, it's by far my top mod. Yes the raptor cage is 2nd and 3rd is a tie with my egg and jeep.

That huge hole in the roof is just pissing me off...HAHA..joking but it's time to use the force here with you guys. What should we do to fix it?

I am sure someone has already got a fix or working on a cool sign for the roof, maybe a flag. I just popped on the sign for now. The small one was to small.

It's not great but better than a hole with rain or birds flying in..HAHA

Any ideas??
tower (resized).jpgtower (resized).jpg

#2682 4 years ago

Yet we make up 75% of all sales.......what's the reason behind that?? gambling?
Will you be in Houston with your lights?

It has been that way for years on the tourney buttons. I don't know what the reasoning behind it would be. Some strange gambling laws in certain states that they don't or didn't want to mess with sounds possible.

No Houston for me. Expo, Cleveland, Pincinnati, Louisville and the Ohio shows are the only shows I normally hit......and I don't set up a vendors booth at any of them when I go. Though I do sometimes take some pre-arranged deliveries to them. I do hope to make it out to TPF next year.

#2683 4 years ago
Quoted from BradAlbright:

Hey all! If you're coming down to Houston for the Arcade and Pinball Expo, come say hi at my art booth! eightballtexas reminded me to share this JP 3D poster from last year's anniversary art show at DCon in Anaheim. I'll have a ton of other stuff to look at, all with 3D glasses provided. Come hang out!

I've got your wizard one hanging in our guest bathroom and folks love it. Any chance you did a Star Trek one too? PM me if so...

#2684 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I also ordered the Tilt topper for my JP, I have heard from a very reliable source that Stern is going to start production on both a JP topper and the elusive Star Wars topper in December.

#2685 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I also ordered the Tilt topper for my JP, I have heard from a very reliable source that Stern is going to start production on both a JP topper and the elusive Star Wars topper in December.

and it going to be interactive...I am holding out.

#2686 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It has been that way for years on the tourney buttons. I don't know what the reasoning behind it would be. Some strange gambling laws in certain states that they don't or didn't want to mess with sounds possible.
No Houston for me. Expo, Cleveland, Pincinnati, Louisville and the Ohio shows are the only shows I normally hit......and I don't set up a vendors booth at any of them when I go. Though I do sometimes take some pre-arranged deliveries to them. I do hope to make it out to TPF next year.

Good to know you’ll be @ Pincinnati! Might have to hit you up for speaker light for GOTG. I’ll check out your website

#2687 4 years ago

I find the flippers too strong.

Are people adjusting the flipper power and to what numbers?

Thanks!

#2688 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I find the flippers too strong.
Are people adjusting the flipper power and to what numbers?
Thanks!

Compared to my Star Wars Premium...I think they are weak, but that may be the black flipper rubber star wars uses. I tried boosting mine from the 235 on the right to 255 but it seems like lower is better, so I went back to defaults...I am still having a bitch of a time hitting the Helipad and the C shot is not far behind...those 2 shots are harder than the Star Wars Death shot to me

Guess I just have to Play Better

#2689 4 years ago

I dont know whether I should start a "Why would Nerdry do this?" Fan club, or beg that all Nerdry comments get all changed to "Newman!!"

#2690 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Compared to my Star Wars Premium...I think they are weak, but that may be the black flipper rubber star wars uses. I tried boosting mine from the 235 on the right to 255 but it seems like lower is better, so I went back to defaults...I am still having a bitch of a time hitting the Helipad and the C shot is not far behind...those 2 shots are harder than the Star Wars Death shot to me
Guess I just have to Play Better

What setting do I find the flipper adjustments? I dont mess with those much.

#2691 4 years ago

Regarding flipper strength, we played my premium for about 4 hours straight a few nights ago. By the end of the night, the right flipper was only making the left ramp on a perfect shot, and you had to flip pretty early to compensate for the diminished strength. Raised the 235 default power to 255 and it felt normal again. I thought it might be too strong once the coil cooled down or whatever, but it seems to play fine at 255, so I'm leaving it maxed out for now.

#2692 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:I dont know whether I should start a "Why would Nerdry do this?" Fan club, or beg that all Nerdry comments get all changed to "Newman!!"

When I watch my ball drain once again down the right lane when Nedry is lit, it would be great if I could hit both flippers to interrupt the Nedry call out with Jerry's voice saying, "Newman."

#2693 4 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

When I watch my ball drain once again down the right lane when Nedry is lit, it would be great if I could hit both flippers to interrupt the Nedry call out with Jerry's voice saying, "Newman."

I up-vote that idea.

#2694 4 years ago

What setting do I find the flipper adjustments? I dont mess with those much.

It's in the adjustment/feature adjustments... Then scroll left with minus button to flipper 208, 209, 210 for left right and up respectively

#2695 4 years ago

Okay noodling around some more I decided to go ahead and completely start over on the flipper alignment...

I loosened up both ball guides and set them to what looked like a neutral position

Next, I went ahead and realigned the flippers with the top of the rubber edge in line with the ball guides using a straight edge

This brought the bottom of the flipper bats to be just in line with the pin holes on the playfield

I reset all the forces to factory default on the flipper power

Started up a game and bam...making all my shots again C Lane S lane...

So if you're having trouble might be an option for some of you go back to scratch and recalibrate
20191113_183436 (resized).jpg20191113_183436 (resized).jpg

#2696 4 years ago

I think the... "why would Nedry do this ?"call out... Is fast becoming the new "okay... who brought the dog?"

That line has to change in final code... I'd rather not hear it at all than hear old man Jenkins rattle on...

#2697 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It's in the adjustment/feature adjustments... Then scroll left with minus button to flipper 208, 209, 210 for left right and up respectively

Gracious.

#2698 4 years ago

All the Nedry call outs seem out of place....

#2699 4 years ago

Nit Picky post of the day!!!
I love the tower, it's by far my top mod. Yes the raptor cage is 2nd and 3rd is a tie with my egg and jeep.
That huge hole in the roof is just pissing me off...HAHA..joking but it's time to use the force here with you guys. What should we do to fix it?
I am sure someone has already got a fix or working on a cool sign for the roof, maybe a flag. I just popped on the sign for now. The small one was to small.
It's not great but better than a hole with rain or birds flying in..HAHA
Any ideas??
[quoted image]

I haven't installed mine. Was it a better fit than the raptor cage?

#2700 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think the... "why would Nedry do this ?"call out... Is fast becoming the new "okay... who brought the dog?"
That line has to change in final code... I'd rather not hear it at all than hear old man Jenkins rattle on...

I'm working on mod'd audio. Do you have any suggestions of what to replace it with?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/54?hl=timlah79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.