(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 185.
#2601 4 years ago

I'm in the premium club!

Everything worked .. no loose screws ...

Could not install my shaker without moving the ground wire .

Stern needs to include longer screws (scews barely reach threaded receptors on the bottom of cab.) and move the ground wire out of the shaker installation area.

Top 5 game of all time, if not No.1

#2602 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

You talking about this?[quoted image]

yes!

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I get that and ball trough check switch messages..usually Number 4 but also 3 and 5 occasionally, clearing them just brings them back later
I would encourage you to write to Stern on their support site, I know Chas is aware but the more people they hear this from, the better...I wish there was a bug reporting submission/ticket site similar to what video game companies have
As far as the error, it doesn't affect gameplay at all...from what I can tell, the 48 v interlock killing power to the node boards when the coin door is opened is causing the software...that was my guess and Chas thought is was probably the case, but no confirmation they are working on it as a bug clear...I'm sure they've had to see i though...it's hard not to miss

Does the bug.report@sternpinball e-mail address work or actually go anywhere? I sent a couple emails to it about a month ago for possible Jurassic Park bugs but I have no idea if they’re even read by anyone. I figured there’d at least be an automatic reply acknowledging they got it, but no response at all. It felt like the emails just went into a black hole so I stopped sending any more.

#2604 4 years ago

Found this at the bottom of my right inlane yesterday. It’s a thin piece like an insulator that you find behind some switches. No idea where it came from. Anyone know?

814BC565-182F-4A2E-85A6-D4DD0C677B2F (resized).jpeg814BC565-182F-4A2E-85A6-D4DD0C677B2F (resized).jpeg
#2605 4 years ago

My premium gets delivered tomorrow up here in Northern Ontario.

#2606 4 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

My Premium is getting delivered today between 12-4. got all set-up stuff ready. Now just the waiting.

Fed-X showed up at about 3 PM. Driver pull the pin near the edge and you can see fork lift marks. Some tape was put over the left fork lift mark. Drivers was great about the whole thing. There was also a big dent on the other side of the box to check too. Got a box cutter and opened three holes to check the spots of damage. No damage to worry about, got lucky. Got the pin all set up and no big problems. Had to adjust/tweek the launcher. Game looks and plays great.

#2607 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Found this at the bottom of my right inlane yesterday. It’s a thin piece like an insulator that you find behind some switches. No idea where it came from. Anyone know?[quoted image]

Have you done the Raptor tower mod? (I think you did, but I'm too lazy to search lol ) That looks like the insulator for the flasher shining on the TREX that was located in the original tower

#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Does the bug.report@sternpinball e-mail address work or actually go anywhere? I sent a couple emails to it about a month ago for possible Jurassic Park bugs but I have no idea if they’re even read by anyone. I figured there’d at least be an automatic reply acknowledging they got it, but no response at all. It felt like the emails just went into a black hole so I stopped sending any more.

That I'm not sure of...I just sent direct to Chas but that email couldn't hurt I guess

#2609 4 years ago

Had to switch back to original Red Flipper Rubber...loved the look of the Competition Silicone Titans, but they were too dead on dead flips and I couldn't do a post pass or get up the C and S lanes to save my life with them on...Back to the Red's and I'm post passing and shooting no problem...bummer...That silicone orange was sweet

#2610 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Had to switch back to original Red Flipper Rubber...loved the look of the Competition Silicone Titans, but they were too dead on dead flips and I couldn't do a post pass or get up the C and S lanes to save my life with them on...Back to the Red's and I'm post passing and shooting no problem...bummer...That silicone orange was sweet

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Please come back. It's not the flippers- it's you!!!! haha

#2611 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find info on the following two missing screws/screw+nut combo (sizes etc)? The first photo is pretty self explanatory under the T-Rex ramp. The second photo is the very back right side of the machine under the right ramp. They are both clear plastic protector pieces that do not appear to be in the manual.

missing screw 1 (resized).pngmissing screw 1 (resized).pngmissing screw 2 (resized).pngmissing screw 2 (resized).png
#2612 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I'm in the premium club!
Everything worked .. no loose screws ...
Could not install my shaker without moving the ground wire .
Stern needs to include longer screws (scews barely reach threaded receptors on the bottom of cab.) and move the ground wire out of the shaker installation area.
Top 5 game of all time, if not No.1

I hoping I'm in the same boat as you! Premium as well and scheduled to arrive this Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

I'll be selling my TNA to make some room.

#2613 4 years ago
Quoted from MrElbow:

Does anyone know where I can find info on the following two missing screws/screw+nut combo (sizes etc)? The first photo is pretty self explanatory under the T-Rex ramp. The second photo is the very back right side of the machine under the right ramp. They are both clear plastic protector pieces that do not appear to be in the manual.[quoted image][quoted image]

For the one at the left ramp, is it the same #6 screw listed on Page 56 of the manual as being part of the ramp protector part (12) in the left ramp assembly? Looks like the plastic protector hole lines up with that ramp protector part and so might use the same screw.

#2614 4 years ago
Quoted from MrElbow:

Does anyone know where I can find info on the following two missing screws/screw+nut combo (sizes etc)? The first photo is pretty self explanatory under the T-Rex ramp. The second photo is the very back right side of the machine under the right ramp. They are both clear plastic protector pieces that do not appear to be in the manual.[quoted image][quoted image]

For the one near the right ramp is the plastic under it #8 on Page 50 of the manual? If so, that assembly shows a 7/8” hex spacer with a screw going into the bottom of it. I’d think the same size screw might also be used at the top of that hex spacer to hold the plastic protector.

#2615 4 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Please come back. It's not the flippers- it's you!!!! haha

Ha ha! I thought so..but I played with the glass off..Titans, dead and back spin on ball, rubbers post pass no problem, back to titans same technique fail

I even kept one titan on the right and a rubber on the left and could only post pass with the rubber

#2616 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Ha ha! I thought so..but I played with the glass off..Titans, dead and back spin on ball, rubbers post pass no problem, back to titans same technique fail
I even kept one titan on the right and a rubber on the left and could only post pass with the rubber

All you need is SKILL. I will show you in Houston at the show. HAHA

#2617 4 years ago

All you need is SKILL. I will show you in Houston at the show. HAHA

So seriously you have no issues? What's your playfield angle...mines right at 6.5

#2618 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

For the one at the left ramp, is it the same #6 screw listed on Page 56 of the manual as being part of the ramp protector part (12) in the left ramp assembly? Looks like the plastic protector hole lines up with that ramp protector part and so might use the same screw.

I do not believe it is this same screw as that screw is currently in place underneath this plastic piece. I am wondering if they added this additional plastic protector piece, but have not yet updated the manual. I found a screw in the bottom of my cabinet when I got it, and it seems like it may be the correct one, but it comes out as soon as the ramp is hit. It seems that it may need a nut on the underside but just trying to find confirmation of that.

#2619 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

For the one near the right ramp is the plastic under it #8 on Page 50 of the manual? If so, that assembly shows a 7/8” hex spacer with a screw going into the bottom of it. I’d think the same size screw might also be used at the top of that hex spacer to hold the plastic protector.

I think you are correct in that this is a clear plastic protector that fits on top of the 5.27 PLASTIC 08 ASSEMBLY that you mentioned. The other screw (which came extremely loose by the way) seems longer than the screw going in from the bottom.

Similar to my other issue, I believe this piece may be a new addition that has not yet made it into the manual. I just want to make sure I am using the correct part.

Thank you for the help!

#2621 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Having issues with my T-Rex not grabbing the ball. It regret more than half of the attempts, so it's really affecting gameplay.
Anyone else have to fix this? Any suggestions?

Remove the screws holding down the two left ramp entry posts. Lift off the clear plastic roof/deflector. Remove the two small black plastic spacers, one on each post. Reinstall everything except the spacers. This lowers the roof/deflector over the ramp entrance, forcing the ball to trigger the ramp opto switch instead of flying over it.

I also had to lower the head and adjust its center position in the software adjustments. It's a bit of work, but well worth it. Other posts in this thread cover those adjustments in detail.

#2622 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Premium arriving Friday'

How excited are you? Congrats.

#2623 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

My premium gets delivered tomorrow up here in Northern Ontario.

Congrats.

#2624 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So seriously you have no issues? What's your playfield angle...mines right at 6.5

Psst.... 8balltx can’t pass with rubber

#2625 4 years ago

My raptor gate needed significant adjustment. Here's a step-by-step guide of my repair. I'm sure there are other solutions, but this worked for me, with tools I already had on hand. Apologies in advance for the blurry photos. My ancient phone doesn't do well with close-up shots.

Gate wasn't lowering all the way. It's pretty clear that it was hanging on the back lip of the opening. About half of all shots would brick on the slightly raised gate, and captured balls had to be shaken loose after the gate lowered. Also, my decal was getting chewed up after just a handful of games (decal already removed in photos).

IMG_5031 (resized).jpgIMG_5031 (resized).jpgIMG_5033 (resized).jpgIMG_5033 (resized).jpg

Looking under the playfield, we can see that the gate is stopping short of the resting point adjustment screws:

IMG_5040 (resized).jpgIMG_5040 (resized).jpg

Here are the four mounting screws/holes we need to adjust. The gate needs to move forward, which is up in this photo:

IMG_5038 (resized).jpgIMG_5038 (resized).jpg

If the gate needed to move back (down in the above photo), we could disassemble the bracket and pad it out with some washers to make it thicker. But alas, we can't make it thinner.

Here are the screw holes:

IMG_5048 (resized).jpgIMG_5048 (resized).jpg

I don't see any dimples near them, which means if the installer missed the mark, she didn't miss by much. We can either fill these with glue & toothpicks and drill new holes immediately adjacent to them, or enlarge the bracket holes to allow for adjustment. I opt for the latter, because even if I drill new playfield holes, I might not get it perfect on the first try. With larger bracket holes we can adjust to our heart's content.

I had a tungsten carbide Dremel bit left over from cutting a hole in a corian countertop. Dremel spun too fast and grabbed the bracket. Too dangerous for my liking, so I chucked it up in a drill:

IMG_5054 (resized).jpgIMG_5054 (resized).jpgIMG_5052 (resized).jpgIMG_5052 (resized).jpg

Here's a comparison of the original holes (top) and newly enlarged holes (bottom). You can see it doesn't take much:

IMG_5043 (resized).jpgIMG_5043 (resized).jpg

Let's hope Stern included a spare gate top decal in the goodie bag...

IMG_5046 (resized).jpgIMG_5046 (resized).jpg

Thanks guys, you did one thing right! Here's the completed bracket with newly installed decal:

IMG_5047 (resized).jpgIMG_5047 (resized).jpg

With the bracket out, I took the opportunity to wrap mylar around the back edge of the gate hole. Mylar doesn't stick well to bare wood, so I removed the insert LED near the hole and ran mylar right up to the insert edge:

IMG_5049 (resized).jpgIMG_5049 (resized).jpg

When reinstalled, the insert LED will help hold the mylar in place.

Now the gate moves freely, just in front of the back edge. Hooray! But since it's no longer hanging on the lip, it sits too low, especially on the right side:

IMG_5051 (resized).jpgIMG_5051 (resized).jpg

After adjusting the stop screws, our gate now sits perfectly, a hair above playfield height:

IMG_5064 (resized).jpgIMG_5064 (resized).jpg

This combined with a paper-thin gap behind the gate, and mylar, will hopefully protect our back hole edge from direct hits & chipping.

IMG_5062 (resized).jpgIMG_5062 (resized).jpg

Phew, all done. Raptor area plays perfectly now. Any questions?

#2626 4 years ago

Nice work, sorry having to do that but I learned something...thanks for posting yancy

#2627 4 years ago

Some good looking machines here.

#2628 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Due this week
Wont be able to unbox for a few weeks

Did AMD confirm this?

#2629 4 years ago

Haven’t really been following along but I took delivery of LE #329 a couple of weeks ago and I’m really enjoying the game so far. I haven’t had time to play too many games yet, but this is the best score I’ve put up so far. What’s a decent score on this game?

001E8F56-C8AE-427E-B0FB-05FC3390C291 (resized).jpeg001E8F56-C8AE-427E-B0FB-05FC3390C291 (resized).jpeg
#2630 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Haven’t really been following along but I took delivery of LE #329 a couple of weeks ago and I’m really enjoying the game so far. I haven’t had time to play too many games yet, but this is the best score I’ve put up so far. What’s a decent score on this game?[quoted image]

That's a very good score.

Congrats .

#2631 4 years ago

Updated List!!!

JustLikeMe
Jake35
Pyropro
Dawscaus

LE Owners 0- 500

001 ???
002 ???
003 ???
004 ???
005 EightBallTexas
006 ???
007 ???
008 ???
009 ???
010 ???
011 cjmjmm2006

026 da_topper
036 BrainDance
044 medfly
049 PDX-Mike
068 Troutfarm
069 Fxdwg
073 Pickleric
075 Cdonnerusmc
078 charliew65
092 Kvothe
093 Willys45
096 Pyropro
097 bemmett
099 PiperPinball

101 youdontknowme
107 Pinball-NJA
106 Chambahz
119 zavadoza
120 youdontknowme
121 youdontknowme
122 younginvisions
128 Mavantix
130 hassellcastle
135 blimpey
153 Iceman44
154 Mummite
158 Brett
159 catchlight
161 mthirkell
163 SpeedXde ( Germany)
172 Tatman9999
176 Jerol
177 Carz5811
188 Chappie101
191 MikeHogue
196 Aniraf

200 peanuts
215 Jack35
218 Arcadem
227 Jurassic2016
232 Pingod
237 Neil McRae (UK)
242 gotfrogs
252 vongator
260 t7
262 DerGoetz
263 Aukraut
269 MSLOW
270 C_Presley
272 LodgingDolphin
273 paulbmathews
274 TheGunnett
275 Blakester
278 breger1
290 HawkMoon77
299 MTPinball

301 FrankMac
305 HiHo (Austria)
310 SunFox
311 JMK
313 scooterd
327 AdamRoss
329 JustLikeMe ( London)
332 Banker
348 Tacreno
349 EVH347
350 tuflyf
352 Dawscaus
357 NavyStan
359 PhillyAudio ( Germany)
362 TimLah79
363 TradesMan
375 dylanfan71
377 Coindropper
378 Burley9043
380 Pinstein
382 RacerX61
385 IronMan8bit

408 KevinG
418 BANE
421 Paragon07
442 Gmanrulz46
449 MrMikeMan
453 Iceman44
458 GnOsls
461 GamerRick
467 Elwood.BE (Belgium)
471 Bud
475 ToddW
476 Pbatt
498 Jints56

MIA Countries
Australia "Boxed at Stern"
South America
South Africa- "Boxed at Stern"
France - "Boxed at Stern"
Asia

#2632 4 years ago

This game is brutal for bricked shots.

#2633 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I’m not liking the Titan flipper rubbers either. They’re coming off tonight.

#2634 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I've tried silicone superbands on multiple pins. Some games play great with silicone (MET, TWD for example), some games play terrible with them. It's unfortunate really. Silicone is much cleaner, doesn't leave little rubber pieces on your PF, and comes in cool colors too.

#2635 4 years ago

Thanks Zach at Flipnout pinball, got #215 set up tonight. What a game, cant wait to mod it out!

20191111_210142 (resized).jpg20191111_210142 (resized).jpg20191111_215740_003 (resized).jpg20191111_215740_003 (resized).jpg
#2636 4 years ago

My premium arrived last Wednesday. I’ve been too busy to post about it! Perfect right out of the box with additions of PinStadium lights (on Hovers), art blades, side armor, amber plunger, external subwoofer and Pinovators PinSub Subwoofer kit. This is a fantastic game and it is forcing me to become a better shooter, aiming my shots and planning my strategies.

30EBBD87-C2EE-481C-8337-4034E02E161B (resized).jpeg30EBBD87-C2EE-481C-8337-4034E02E161B (resized).jpeg814C783B-92F8-4EA4-821C-0D272486E35C (resized).jpeg814C783B-92F8-4EA4-821C-0D272486E35C (resized).jpeg
#2637 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Thanks Zach at Flipnout pinball, got #215 set up tonight. What a game, cant wait to mod it out![quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome News!!!

Updated List.

#2638 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

This game is brutal for bricked shots.

I just bought an IMVE from a local pinsider and set it up next to my JP. I can assure that after I play a game or two of IM, or maybe my TNA, I feel like my games on JP are going to last forever!!

#2639 4 years ago

I have No 352.

#2640 4 years ago

Awesome News!!!
Updated List.

Great! I'm jake35 (you have me as jack) if you want to correct.

#2641 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about the Titans I’ve got on Deadpool.

#2642 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about the Titans I’ve got on Deadpool.

Put the rubber back on and posted a new #4 high score very next game.

#2643 4 years ago

How excited are you? Congrats.

Stoked! Just need some of this snow to melt before it gets here...

#2644 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the LE has a connection port for an external sub? Or if you need to buy one from pinnovators?
Has anyone tried connecting one?
Thx

#2645 4 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Does anyone know if the LE has a connection port for an external sub? Or if you need to buy one from pinnovators?
Has anyone tried connecting one?
Thx

The manual indicates that there is a line out connection on the main board (it's a .100 pin male header). However you would need to make the .100 connector to make it work and hope that the manual is correct about the pinout.

I went the Pinnovators way and works awesome. Oh and BTW, once you add the sub you will never want to play without it....... ever.....

Cheers,

Mike

#2646 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The manual indicates that there is a line out connection on the main board (it's a .100 pin male header). However you would need to make the .100 connector to make it work and hope that the manual is correct about the pinout.
I went the Pinnovators way and works awesome. Oh and BTW, once you add the sub you will never want to play without it....... ever.....
Cheers,
Mike

Thanks Mike, that helps! My LE is on the way

#2647 4 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Thanks Mike, that helps! My LE is on the way

Nice to see some LE's still for sale. My buddy is now looking for one after coming over and playing mine last night.

Does your distro have more??

Thanks.

#2648 4 years ago

I posted this in the other JP thread as well but I have a new problem since yesterday...

The up post on the control room shot is somehow dropping lower and I keep getting balls stuck in the divot where the post comes out. Suggestions?

#2649 4 years ago

Here is a little treat for you guys. The lucky ones who downloaded the new clips have heard 2 versions at the end of the game.
Wifey jumped on the piano and I caught her playing and practicing. Not bad for 3 attempts.

I love how the dog is just sitting there, hanging out

#2650 4 years ago
Quoted from dawscaus:

I have No 352.

List has been update above.

Congrats and have a blast on this bad boy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/53?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.