(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 185.
#2401 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Fixed a JP Pro last night with the same lower right flipper being weak: broken coil stop.

Quoted from caker137:

Coil stop probably just broke. If the rivet on the end can be wiggled by hand it needs to be replaced.

Thanks, guys. Is this a warranty issue? I mean, is this something that should fail within a month? I've written Stern and will report on their response.

#2402 4 years ago

I powered up the splitter today. Thanks to@pinwoofer for making the extension and powering the item.

I placed in on top of the shaker for now as it has a magnetic base and its out of the way.

Items that are in the splitter so far.

1) Brite Buttons
2) Lighted Pad behind shooter
3) Amp

5 open spots for more mods. LOL.

4) Stern Shooter (Whenever it get's here) Should look great with the added lighted pad.

Have not got the Jeep, Tower, Raptor Pen , 3 fossil signs from mezel to see how they are connected.

That's it folks.
lights (resized).JPGlights (resized).JPGlights3 (resized).jpglights3 (resized).jpgsplitter (resized).JPGsplitter (resized).JPG

#2403 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Since day1 of my NIB LE T-REX never moved horizontally great. Over time it was moving, less and less to the point where it finally did not move at all. The motor worked and everything was working and getting triggered as intended, but no head movement.
The issue was set screw #9 (seen manual page below) that holds the metal rod in place that black box motor rotates. Tighten this up and it works great again.
Posting this here in case anyone else has this issue.[quoted image]

Thanks for posting this. Amazing how it sometimes only takes the slightest little thing to cause a big problem.

#2404 4 years ago

Here's the brains behind it.

Okay its PIN time....gotta get to 1 billion.

brains1 (resized).JPGbrains1 (resized).JPGbrains2 (resized).JPGbrains2 (resized).JPG
#2405 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Here's the brains behind it.
Okay its PIN time....gotta get to 1 billion.[quoted image][quoted image]

Great looking PinWoofer Super Cable! Clean 4A supply @ 12V. Power your PinWoofer kit plus some mods.

#2406 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

apparently happening a lot so guessing faulty made in china part.

Wow...just wow. fwiw, I've NEVER had ANY coil stop fail on me (whether it's NIB or new/replacements purchased from PinballLife/Marco/etc.). I've had plenty of worn stops, but 0 that have failed (and I've had quite a few games over the years).

Bummer that we have a new NIB issue to deal with...failing coil stops! Maybe Stern should start including replacements in the "goodie bag" (rather than stuff we will never use

#2407 4 years ago

I think I saw this a few weeks back, but I’m having issues with the T-Rex ramp. The opto reads when the ball is going up, but 90% of shots up that ramp don’t register.

I managed to capture the skill shot on video not registering.

I’ve reach out to Chas at Stern who said to test the switch. Both read when tossing a ball up the ramp, it seems like quick shots don’t register, which most of them seem to be.

I’ve also removed the two spacers from the air ball protector at the bottom of the ramp. I’m not sure what else to test at this point, so if anyone’s dealt with this, any information is appreciated.

#2408 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Stern doesn't release premium codes. The LE and Premium machines are identical.
So with Stern you either use a Pro code or an LE code.

Then why do I see this all the time when they release new code?

64D651AC-0F76-4F13-ACB0-C21A7A124CEB (resized).png64D651AC-0F76-4F13-ACB0-C21A7A124CEB (resized).png
#2409 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Is this a warranty issue? I mean, is this something that should fail within a month?

They'll probably send you one, but might be quicker to just buy one fron pinballlife. Only a few bucks. Shouldn't break that quick, but mine did too. It happens. Sometimes you just get a bum one. Its a regular wear item; i always keep a few spares on hand.

Of course you'll want to check and make sure that's the problem before ordering the part only to find out it's something else.

#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Then why do I see this all the time when they release new code?[quoted image]

It’s the same code. But if stern didnt put “premium” out there do you know how many emails they would get asking for the “premium” version?

#2411 4 years ago

Okay I have to demonstrate my newbiness. How do you adjust where the flipper rests? Want to adjust my upper flipper and don’t want to mess it up. Never touched a flipper or a coil before.

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

It’s the same code. But if stern didnt put “premium” out there do you know how many emails they would get asking for the “premium” version?

Well it figures it’s the same code the machines are identical. But just for maybe identifying the machine on startup, LEs always say LE. I’m guessing they just put the wrong SD card in his machine at the factory. But other than the display the pin should still work properly I definitely agree with that.

#2413 4 years ago

Anyone have issue with the ball getting stuck just past the Spinner at the one way gate? It seems like a chokehold point and if my ball is going slow around the left orbit, it can get hung up there occasionally...Any suggestions?

20191107_004657 (resized).jpg20191107_004657 (resized).jpg20191107_004738 (resized).jpg20191107_004738 (resized).jpg20191107_004749 (resized).jpg20191107_004749 (resized).jpg
#2414 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Okay I have to demonstrate my newbiness. How do you adjust where the flipper rests? Want to adjust my upper flipper and don’t want to mess it up. Never touched a flipper or a coil before.

It's easy. Just lift the PF...find the mech and loosen the allen head that holds the clamp to the flipper shaft. It'll be tight so you don't need to loosen it very much. Then when you think you have it in the position you want you'll have to hold the flipper with one hand and re-tighten the clamp with the other. You can often use a toothpick shoved between the flipper rubber and the bat and lodge it into the "alignment hole" on the upper PF near the flipper tip but that may not be where you want to have the flipper sit. Make sure there is a tiny bit of up and down wiggle with the flipper as you tighten or it'll cause some friction with the plastic stop under the flipper. Some people use a CC to make sure there is a small gap so it moves freely. Compare it's up and down movement to the lower flippers for reference.

Do yourself a favor before you lower the PF and crank on the allen head yet AGAIN... it takes a surprising amount of force to stop the flipper from wandering after you adjust it. If it stays in place for a day or so you should be good

#2415 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Anyone have issue with the ball getting stuck just past the Spinner at the one way gate? It seems like a chokehold point and if my ball is going slow around the left orbit, it can get hung up there occasionally...Any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Okay, that was a pain but solved it! Just leaving this here in case anyone else encounters it.. Looked at the Stern playfield for reference...there is a slight rise in the gate compared to mine which was lower and not allowing the ball to get under it on a slow roll from the left orbit causing it to hang... I'm guessing the intention is to

1. Act as a one way gate through the spinner
2. Divert slow rolls from the right orbit back into the pops
3. Allow slow rolls from the left to slide across the fence and into the pops
4. On the off chance (which is very rare but I've had it happen twice today) it hangs on the geometry, lifting my gate to match the stern version allows the ball to roll back through the spinner in reverse...which is where it was going anyways once the ball search kicked in and dislodged it...

I've tried watching gameplay vids but haven't seen my issue pop up

I just pulled up gently to align the gate where it looks approximate with the Stern version...did multiple slow and fast rolls from all directions, no more hanging

I think this is a satisfactory fix, not sure if it's what was intended but it seems to work well now

STERNS

gatestern (resized).JPGgatestern (resized).JPG

MINE

mygate (resized).JPGmygate (resized).JPG

#2416 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I think I saw this a few weeks back, but I’m having issues with the T-Rex ramp. The opto reads when the ball is going up, but 90% of shots up that ramp don’t register.

I’ve reach out to Chas at Stern who said to test the switch. Both read when tossing a ball up the ramp, it seems like quick shots don’t register, which most of them seem to be.
I’ve also removed the two spacers from the air ball protector at the bottom of the ramp. I’m not sure what else to test at this point, so if anyone’s dealt with this, any information is appreciated.

I also had issue with skill shots not registering it was because another switch was going off before i made the shot, check your other switches. In my case it was the switch at the top of the right ramp was to sensitive, had to bend it a bit.

#2417 4 years ago

Switch 38 (Raptor Pen Top) throwing an error, anyone have this?

#2418 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Is it optics or a switch? If it's optics, check the alignment/angle of the sensor.

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Mine used to show this although everything works fine. I upgraded code and i haven't seen it since.

#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Thanks, guys. Is this a warranty issue? I mean, is this something that should fail within a month? I've written Stern and will report on their response.

Order 3, you probably don't want sterns at this point.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#2421 4 years ago

This will work great but Stern should send you the coil stops if the one you have is defective. Until people push back and get new ones from Stern, the coil stop issue will continue. Stern won't see its a recurring issue if everyone fixes it themselves. It's different if the stops are years old, but for a brand new game that's unacceptable to have to buy a coil stop.

Quoted from J-Freeze:

Order 3, you probably don't want sterns at this point.
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

This will work great but Stern should send you the coil stops if the one you have is defective. Until people push back and get new ones from Stern, the coil stop issue will continue. Stern won't see its a recurring issue if everyone fixes it themselves. It's different if the stops are years old, but for a brand new game that's unacceptable to have to buy a coil stop.

I agree with the sentiment.
Stern has to be aware of it at his point.

Are people that get replacements getting a new style of coil stop or another crappy one?

Many have failed but even more have not failed, I doubt stern will change anything until their stock is used up, it makes way more sense to send out a replacement here or there then it does to throw all that $ in the garbage and order new stock.
I'm sure we will see a change when all those shitty ones are used up.

Everyone that has one break should definitely put in a ticket with stern but they should also just buy the good ones so they don't have to wait for them and/or deal with it again.
That's the sad reality of it.

#2423 4 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

I also had issue with skill shots not registering it was because another switch was going off before i made the shot, check your other switches. In my case it was the switch at the top of the right ramp was to sensitive, had to bend it a bit.

I’ll take a look tonight. Thanks for the info.

#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Is it optics or a switch? If it's optics, check the alignment/angle of the sensor.

The optics seem okay, they register when shooting into the mouth and when doing the test, so it’s probably a switch. I’m going to take a look at the right ramp to see how if that’s interfering with it later tonight.

#2425 4 years ago

Installed the Jeep Mod and all is well. A mod addiction is never over. lol

Lermods and @mezelmods , I love your products. Great Company, Great People, Great Products. It's a pleasure to do business with you guys.

Some of these other vendors should learn from you guys.

Well Done!!

#2426 4 years ago

Still nothing but silence from Stern regarding my playfield issues. Incredibly frustrating. I can't see buying another NIB game from Stern after all this. They simply don't give a shit.

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Stern is sending me 3 coil stops under warranty.

#2428 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay, that was a pain but solved it! Just leaving this here in case anyone else encounters it.. Looked at the Stern playfield for reference...there is a slight rise in the gate compared to mine which was lower and not allowing the ball to get under it on a slow roll from the left orbit causing it to hang... I'm guessing the intention is to
1. Act as a one way gate through the spinner
2. Divert slow rolls from the right orbit back into the pops
3. Allow slow rolls from the left to slide across the fence and into the pops
4. On the off chance (which is very rare but I've had it happen twice today) it hangs on the geometry, lifting my gate to match the stern version allows the ball to roll back through the spinner in reverse...which is where it was going anyways once the ball search kicked in and dislodged it...
I've tried watching gameplay vids but haven't seen my issue pop up
I just pulled up gently to align the gate where it looks approximate with the Stern version...did multiple slow and fast rolls from all directions, no more hanging
I think this is a satisfactory fix, not sure if it's what was intended but it seems to work well now
STERNS
[quoted image]
MINE
[quoted image]

Your side rail looks to be twisted inward. I had a similar situation on mine in another spot that was a result of overtightening. I backed up a few turns on the lock nut and the side-wall sprung back into it's preferred shape. From those pictures, I'd expect the side wall to follow slightly behind the curve of the plastic. Mine protruded until I backed off on that screw.

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Stern is sending me 3 coil stops under warranty.

My replacements were requested 10/28. Still haven’t arrived. I’m not thrilled about going almost two weeks now without being able to play it. I’m getting the withdrawal shakes. Let’s see who gets their replacements first

It’s looking like it’ll be you even though I only live about 20-30 minutes from Stern. Not awesome.

#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

My replacements were requested 10/28. Still haven’t arrived. I’m not thrilled about going almost two weeks now without being able to play it. I’m getting the withdrawal shakes. Let’s see who gets their replacements first

It’s looking like it’ll be you even though I only live about 20-30 minutes from Stern. Not awesome.

I ordered mine from Pinball Life, $4.95ea and delivered in 3 days! I couldn't go 2 weeks without playing I probably should submit a ticket to Stern though, so that they are aware of the failures.

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Quoted from tacreno:

Mine used to show this although everything works fine. I upgraded code and i haven't seen it since.

I get that occasionally as well as ball trough check messages for usually trough 4 and 5...The appear to be out of service in the system menu and i reset them but even before I do that, they still work

I contacted my distributor and he hadn't seen the error

Chas at Stern emailed me this response:

Check the trough switches using CLR test in diagnostics. If all the switches work normally then the game is ok. The software cannot always tell if a switch is bad, it is alerting you to check the switch using diagnostics.

Then I asked:

I just wondered if during a game , opening the door and the 48v interlock could mess up the normal function and cause these erroneous error messages?

Like switch checks when they are really okay

Chas responded:

Yes, any time the coin door is opened power is removed from the node boards.

So I asked (am awaiting a response):

So I should just ignore these check switch error messages?

Testing them and checking removes them but they come back, just seems strange the error keeps surfacing

I'll post a followup when I hear back.

Gotta say, Stern always responds to my questions very quickly...Great customer support from Chas!!!!

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I ordered mine from Pinball Life, $4.95ea and delivered in 3 days! I couldn't go 2 weeks without playing I probably should submit a ticket to Stern though, so that they are aware of the failures.

Yep, I know I could order them there but like you mentioned I thought it would be a good idea to file a ticket with Stern. I didn’t think it would/should take more than a few days for Stern to get them out to me though.

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Your side rail looks to be twisted inward. I had a similar situation on mine in another spot that was a result of overtightening. I backed up a few turns on the lock nut and the side-wall sprung back into it's preferred shape. From those pictures, I'd expect the side wall to follow slightly behind the curve of the plastic. Mine protruded until I backed off on that screw.

***Update***

Looked from a top down view and the side wall is aligned with the curve of the plastic, loosened the screw but there is no where for the wall to go...it looks fine from above, the game is playing fast now every since I made that gate adjustment, no longer handing on a stuck gate...Thanks for looking at it anyways hawk

Oh great eyes! Totally missed that!...I'll give it a shot and see if I can get that aligned better

I think GamerRick was asking about shots dribbling around the back, this may be something for him to look at as well

Appreciate the help

#2434 4 years ago

My Premium is getting delivered today between 12-4. got all set-up stuff ready. Now just the waiting.

#2435 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Still nothing but silence from Stern regarding my playfield issues. Incredibly frustrating. I can't see buying another NIB game from Stern after all this. They simply don't give a shit.

Hey Eric,

Are you going to IAPPA.....Stern crew will be there....Im sure you could get their ears....A couple might stay till freeplay.

#2436 4 years ago

What would make my top right flipper just stop working?? I have had zero issues until today. Everything else seems to work . HMM

What's the best test that I need to do in the menu to check?

Any ideas??

#2437 4 years ago

What would make my top right flipper just stop working?? I have had zero issues until today. Everything else seems to work . HMM
Any ideas??

Defective coil stop. It's not a matter of "if" you will get one, its a matter of "when". I have not seen a JP that didn't have this issue.

#2438 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Defective coil stop. It's not a matter of "if" you will get one, its a matter of "when". I have not seen a JP that didn't have this issue.

So just order one from pinball life and get it months before Stern ?? GRRRRR.

#2439 4 years ago

So just order one from pinball life and get it months before Stern ?? GRRRRR.

Could be coil stop but could be something else too. When my coil stop broke it would still flip, it was just super weak.

#2440 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Could be coil stop but could be something else too. When my coil stop broke it would still flip, it was just super weak.

Obviously should inspect first. Gotta lift the playfield...

#2441 4 years ago

Any ideas??

Also check the leaf spring in the flipper just to be sure of the contacts and wiring since it's a staged flipper

#2442 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Obviously should inspect first. Gotta lift the playfield...

I lifted PF and looked it over...all wires seems tight and spring looks good.

coil (resized).jpgcoil (resized).jpg
#2443 4 years ago

Any ideas??

Can you check the switch for it in the switch test in the menus?

#2444 4 years ago

I lifted PF and looked it over...all wires seems tight and spring looks good.[quoted image]

Does the flipper move freely by hand?
Pull the coil stop off and check it's condition
Have you tried it in test mode?

#2445 4 years ago

I finally got around to adding an external subwoofer to mine today. If you're thinking about adding one, I highly recommend that you do. I really love the helicopter blade noise with the sub. It's awesome

#2446 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Does the flipper move freely by hand?
Pull the coil stop off and check it's condition
Have you tried it in test mode?

Yes it moves freely.
Did the coil test and it works .

bottom right flipper works but still no action on top right..

#2447 4 years ago

Yes it moves freely.

Sounds like you need to adjust the leaf switches under The Flipper button. Sounds like it's contacting the first but not the second

#2448 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Sounds like you need to adjust the leaf switches under The Flipper button. Sounds like it's contacting the first but not the second

Ahhhhh...dumb question......how do adjust???

I bet it happened when i installed the brite buttons..left side is fine...

#2449 4 years ago

Yes it moves freely.

The flipper has separate switches that trigger the 2 flippers. Go into switch test and verify that both switches are being activated

#2450 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The flipper has separate switches that trigger the 2 flippers. Go into switch test and verify that both switches are being activated

okay will try to find that....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/49?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.