(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 185.
#2301 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

I have 3 of these and they are life savers: amazon.com link »
Width is perfect for a game and they are very comfortable

I likey. Did you go with the 20/32 or larger?

Thanks for showing.

#2302 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

The T-Rex head on my LE does not move much left and right. I hear the gears grinding a bit and have done all the adjustments and tests in the menu. Has anyone else had any issues with T-Rex L/R movement? I can move the head L/R with my hand, but when in-game and testing it does not move very much at all. The vertical movement seems fine though.
Thanks for any info on adjustments.

Mine was fine on my premium... but a buddy of mine had issues with the cables from the backbox rubbing against the T-Rex mechanism. Make sure the cables/wires from the backbox are pushed all the way to the outside of the cabinet. Worth looking at maybe...

#2303 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm not a fan of poor fitting mods.

I agree with you on this one. I hope the one I got for my premium fits and I dont have to make new holes to get it to fit.

#2304 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I likey. Did you go with the 20/32 or larger?
Thanks for showing.

20”x32” - got beige when the pins were upstairs on hardwood floors - probably would have done a darker color now that they’re in the basement with a darker carpet but the nice thing is they have lots of color options!

E2EF1050-22CC-4086-A14C-C9E82AD228EB (resized).jpegE2EF1050-22CC-4086-A14C-C9E82AD228EB (resized).jpeg
#2305 4 years ago

Switching Topics to " FLOOR MATS"
Who do you like , who do you not like? I have hard wood floors.
I have only come across 2 folks who sell mats...need to buy a few and want some opinions from the experts.
Thanks in advance for the help.

I like the titan glow in the dark ones for comfort, the stern mats I think are terrible.

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

20”x32” - got beige when the pins were upstairs on hardwood floors - probably would have done a darker color now that they’re in the basement with a darker carpet but the nice thing is they have lots of color options![quoted image]

I have 2 saved in black.

Thanks again.

#2307 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I like the titan glow in the dark ones for comfort, the stern mats I think are terrible.

I looked at those but the glow mats come only in blue or green...and need a black light to really see it.

#2308 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I agree with you on this one. I hope the one I got for my premium fits and I dont have to make new holes to get it to fit.

Yeah I sure dont need to mod a mod.

#2309 4 years ago

Hey all wonder if you could help me out here on my JP Premium...As I have been installing mods, I've been opening the coin door, entering the Service Menu and I'm getting this screen..I checked trough Receiver and Transmitter optos, unscrewed and rescrewed, reset the plugs and everything appears normal and gameplay seems unaffected...Could this be the 48v Coindoor Interlock interfering with the optos and I'm just opening it up before the optos have a chance to register

I've tried clearing it which it seems to do and I've also ignored it and it seems to go away...

Little help would be appreciated, Thank you!!
20191104_200807 (resized).jpg20191104_200807 (resized).jpg

#2310 4 years ago

For those that have a JP, would just a better paint job be enough to improve the T-Rex you think? Or does it truly need a complete new model to look decent? Or now that you have played it enough, does it not bother you?

#2311 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

For those that have a JP, would just a better paint job be enough to improve the T-Rex you think? Or does it truly need a complete new model to look decent? Or now that you have played it enough, does it not bother you?

50-50.

Not a mod on my radar ....who knows one day.

#2312 4 years ago
Quoted from M1Cha3l:

Hey my raptor gate is stuck down and when I go into diagnostics and go to the raptor motor it is saying switch 44 failed how do I fix this? Thanks in advance

Check the motor. You have a loose or broken wire. You'll need to put the play field up completely to examine.

#2313 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I thought it was going to bother me but it's much bigger and impressive in person. I'm totally fine with it
Even the dumb truck has grown in me....a little

#2314 4 years ago

My JP Premium arrived today, there was a little piece torn in the box, but no big deal.
When I put the legs on, I notice it is uneven.
Backbox does not sit flush on the cabinet, screw holes do not align, I cannot screw the backbox.

After I do that, I realize there is damage on a corner of the cabinet.
My machine is all crooked.

I am contacting my distributor first thing in the morning.
I bought other NIB and this is the first time this happens.

How distributors and Stern normally handle such cases?
I would have no ideas on how to package this to send it back.

I did not finish setting it up..... but I did cut the box.

#2315 4 years ago

Evening fellas. Proud to say I reclaimed my honor and the grand champion from my pinball shark of a son! Not going to tell him until he sees it. I’m sure his cockiness will drop for a day lol. I have eight pins and he has the grand champion on five of my machines, well now four. I still haven’t gotten within 1 and a half million of his high score on JJ POTC. Kid is a demon. Just missed a billion.

0E227CBF-D096-4F6A-852B-2EF521343F86 (resized).jpeg0E227CBF-D096-4F6A-852B-2EF521343F86 (resized).jpeg
#2316 4 years ago

I had 631,000,000 on one ball just in amber score alone. I have no idea how that happened. 2X scoring was on twice.

#2317 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I thought it was going to bother me but it's much bigger and impressive in person. I'm totally fine with it
Even the dumb truck has grown in me....a little

I agree for the quality of what are usually put in I think it looks pretty darn good. And his motion is very realistic. One of my all-time favorite toys.

#2318 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I had 631,000,000 on one ball just in amber score alone. I have no idea how that happened. 2X scoring was on twice.

I scored a 0 because I still haven’t received my Premium!

#2319 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Evening fellas. Proud to say I reclaimed my honor and the grand champion from my pinball shark of a son! Not going to tell him until he sees it. I’m sure his cockiness will drop for a day lol. I have eight pins and he has the grand champion on five of my machines, well now four. I still haven’t gotten within 1 and a half million of his high score on JJ POTC. Kid is a demon. Just missed a billion.[quoted image]

Damn Impressive.

Was this done with some nice spirits in the body?

#2320 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I scored a 0 because I still haven’t received my Premium!

That must suck...I hate waiting.

#2321 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

How many fossils did you get?? those are hard to find.

Have you seen this little perks sheet /pdf from stern?

#2322 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I agree for the quality of what are usually put in I think it looks pretty darn good. And his motion is very realistic. One of my all-time favorite toys.

After seeing it in person and owning it, I would say it's my favorite toy.....ever in pinball. It does so much and looks great and moves even when it's not the star of the show (vs a toy like the MM castle that doesn't do anything unless that certain special occurrence).

I am the first to call stern out with their cheap ass BS but this game is unbelievable and Stern LOADED it. Really impressive. They nailed it.

#2323 4 years ago

Damn Impressive.
Was this done with some nice spirits in the body?

LOL actually I almost never drink. Last night was the first time I drank in my game room bar in probably two months. So tonight that was just me. Can’t wait till the smug little bugger sees it.

#2324 4 years ago

How many fossils did you get?? those are hard to find.
Have you seen this little perks sheet /pdf from stern?

I don’t know I had five or six balls going twice when I had chaos multi ball and raptor multi ball and it was so intense I just couldn’t look at the screen. All I saw was that 631 million and Amber after my last drain but I didn’t see anything else. And when the game finishes it just gave me the Grand Champion and I didn’t see all the other top scores I set and I must have set a bunch I haven’t even looked yet going to look now.

#2325 4 years ago

Blew up my Premium today, not even sure what happened. Think I got Chaos going via Smart Missle while already in a T-Rex mode, and a Paddock. The score went up really quick. Double scoring for sure too.
MVIMG_20191104_171729 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20191104_171729 (resized).jpg

#2326 4 years ago

OK I actually don’t get it, the amber champion only shows 80 million and I definitely scored over 700,000,000 on one balL. None of the other champions are that high I really don’t know what happened but that’s the score it gave me LOL.

#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Blew up my Premium today, not even sure what happened. Think I got Chaos going via Smart Missle while already in a T-Rex mode, and a Paddock. The score went up really quick.[quoted image]

Oh sure, let me have the high score for a whole 30 minutes.

JK congrats.

#2328 4 years ago

Yeah now that you mention it I did have a successful smart missile hit during chaos multi ball I have no idea how much that gave me in points. I think it said chaos completed after the missile successfully struck.

#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Blew up my Premium today, not even sure what happened. Think I got Chaos going via Smart Missle while already in a T-Rex mode, and a Paddock. The score went up really quick. Double scoring for sure too.
[quoted image]

Holy Shit Batman!!!!

Okay forget the cowboy game I am heading to the dining room. These score are pissing me off....JK.

#2330 4 years ago

Holy Shit Batman!!!!
Okay forget the cowboy game I am heading to the dining room. These score are pissing me off....JK.

Everything‘s bigger in Texas. Go get ‘em Eight Ball!

#2331 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yeah now that you mention it I did have a successful smart missile hit during chaos multi ball I have no idea how much that gave me in points. I think it said chaos completed after the missile successfully struck.

I bet this happened to me too. I am wondering if the Smart Missile hit during Chaos multiball just completes the multiball and gives all Super Jackpots. This would explain the scoring jump. I am sure they will fix this in next code. Meantime, 1.3 bil BABY!

#2332 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Everything‘s bigger in Texas. Go get ‘em Eight Ball!

A few things that are not.

Mortgages
State taxes.

HAHA

#2333 4 years ago

Still not sure what amber does in the game....need to watch that video about rules ; )

#2334 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Still not sure what amber does in the game....need to watch that video about rules ; )

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2335 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Just installed my Amber shooter rod. Love it. Boy those instructions suck! They don’t even mention where the wire goes and they tell you not to remove screws that you must remove to install it. Stern you need to pick up your game that’s just ridiculous. Thanks to those who posted what to do. I had to figure out where CN15 was and only knew it was that connector from this thread.

GamerRick Where did you buy the shooter rod from? I pre-ordered mine from Little Shop of Games back in July and still haven't received it.

#2336 4 years ago

I've only gotten about 90 games in thus far. 1.5 bill GC score.

I don't really care about big scores right now, I'm consumed with getting to at least visitor center and finding a fossil!

I've been a paddock away. Trying to figure out the most efficient path!

Seems like Chaos MB allows you to advance through to next levels by clearing rescues?

#2337 4 years ago

Mortgages
State taxes.
HAHA

Yeah, tell me about it I am in New York! Highest property taxes in the country. And our gun laws suck. Me being a marine, I cannot accept that.

#2338 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

gamerrick Where did you buy the shooter rod from? I pre-ordered mine from Little Shop of Games back in July and still haven't received it.

It was actually the Game Exchange of Colorado. I went to buy it the first day Stern released it and of course it was sold out and since they have a horrible time getting things back in stock often I went to elsewhere looking for it so I could snatch it up quickly. They shipped it to me within a week of ordering it.

#2339 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've only gotten about 90 games in thus far. 1.5 bill GC score.
I don't really care about big scores right now, I'm consumed with getting to at least visitor center and finding a fossil!
I've been a paddock away. Trying to figure out the most efficient path!
Seems like Chaos MB allows you to advance through to next levels by clearing rescues?

I don’t even know I’m still learning. I’ve literally only played about 10 games maybe 12. I work a lot. Plus I got three new pins at the same time and I love jumping around.

#2340 4 years ago

LE #305 located in beautiful Austria.

#2341 4 years ago

Still awaiting my premium, but ordered the shooter rod from Little Shop of Games months ago (still hasn't arrived) and ordered the Tilt topper yesterday, which looks just awesome. Patiently waiting . . .

#2342 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

gamerrick Where did you buy the shooter rod from? I pre-ordered mine from Little Shop of Games back in July and still haven't received it.

I ordered mine from Stern weeks ago and nothing. I can't make sense of how Stern decides to ship things. But it doesn't appear to be FIFO.

#2343 4 years ago

Switching Topics to " FLOOR MATS"
Who do you like , who do you not like? I have hard wood floors.
I have only come across 2 folks who sell mats...need to buy a few and want some opinions from the experts.
Thanks in advance for the help.

I use a "Standing Desk" at work with adjustable monitors, and when I'm in the standing position, I use an "Anti-Fatigue" mat. They're available all over, including Office Depot, for between $30 and $40. Just make sure you get one that says it's "Anti-Fatigue" It's all about the cushion. Personally, I don't need one....... my games never last that long anyway, so standing at the machine isn't an issue hahahahaha! Did she say 30 seconds hahahahaa!!

#2344 4 years ago

Mortgages
State taxes.
HAHA

Gasoline Prices

#2345 4 years ago

Has anyone successfully adjusted their Trex with the bias settings in the menu?

My Trex rejects the majority of shots - it sits to the players left side of the ramp. I haven’t loosened the mounts and physically adjusted it yet. I wanted to try and use the menu but I see no changes with the bias adjustments. (Have not contacted Stern yet btw)

Anyone have any ideas?

#2346 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I don’t even know I’m still learning. I’ve literally only played about 10 games maybe 12. I work a lot. Plus I got three new pins at the same time and I love jumping around.

That's the tough but fun thing about having a bunch pins to jump on Rick!

"Back in the day", lol, when my herd was thinner, i got hooked on TWD and played that game non stop for a year before i could get to the end of that thing and beat it. I think JP is gonna do the same thing for me.

I have to get to the Escape Wizard mode!!! But not too fast, it's all about the journey. Lot's workers to "rescue".

#2347 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Gasoline Prices

+Bean and cheese tacos

#2348 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Has anyone successfully adjusted their Trex with the bias settings in the menu?
My Trex rejects the majority of shots - it sits to the players left side of the ramp. I haven’t loosened the mounts and physically adjusted it yet. I wanted to try and use the menu but I see no changes with the bias adjustments. (Have not contacted Stern yet btw)
Anyone have any ideas?

I and many others had the same problems since day one. It was discovered that mine was missing the set screw in the cylinder/transmission so he rarely found "home." This caused him to usually sit left on the ramp like yours but also often sitting on the top of the ramps right side at times and banging against the left gate post. A tech installed a full replacement. He is now more often centered but still inconsistent. Regardless of where he is on the ramp he still doesn't catch the ball about 30% of the time. Also one of my node boards is bad which was causing opto problems, so the tech swapped them. I have played with the middle bias setting but I can't tell much of a difference a couple steps - or +. I think only a software fix in an upcoming code update will fully address all of it. He relies on the sending and receiving optos on the ramp sides as well as if the upper right flipper is up or down so you could test those. Stern suggested removing the tiny black spacers at the ramp posts. I tried that as well without a difference. Lastly my tech observed that my shaker is too aggressive contributing to his inconsistent positioning. Regardless, Stern is well aware of the problem and I think it's their top priority with the next code update. My tech is coming back in a few days to install a new shaker and dig further. I'll post any update. Hope this helps.

#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's the tough but fun thing about having a bunch pins to jump on Rick!
"Back in the day", lol, when my herd was thinner, i got hooked on TWD and played that game non stop for a year before i could get to the end of that thing and beat it. I think JP is gonna do the same thing for me.
I have to get to the Escape Wizard mode!!! But not too fast, it's all about the journey. Lot's workers to "rescue".

It is a blast to learn and explore. Super fun pin.

#2350 4 years ago

#359 is in the house (Germany)

Regards

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/47?hl=hawkmoon77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.