(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 185.
#2051 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

For what it's worth. Was a bad #9 node board. Swapped #9 with #8 and the inlanes, outlanes, and shoot again lights all stayed on.
Distributor is sending out a new node.
Chas was great to deal with at Stern. Nice to have a company actually be responsive to tech support.
Brian

I haven’t heard back from Stern yet. My distributor reached out to them today but no word yet there either. No wires caught behind.

#2052 4 years ago

I had the ball get stuck in two interesting places tonight. Both of them are impossible to clear without lifting the glass. Since my pin is on location, I let the ball search finish in order to test the response. It cycles about 3 times looking for the ball, then reports a ball as missing to the player. Right after that it kills the current players game and moves on to the next player. Beyond that I had a lot of strange things happen: TRex multiball with only one ball, smart missile during a multiball (I didn’t think that was possible) and some failures to detect the skill shots. I was wondering if being a ball down puts the game into a weird state code wise.

I also had a TRex error pop up in the control panel. I couldn’t run the test or clear it until I had 6 balls again. After 6 balls were in there the issue cleared itself.

0A6F55A4-9A67-439B-8480-39F9C1FA97F4 (resized).jpeg0A6F55A4-9A67-439B-8480-39F9C1FA97F4 (resized).jpeg3F20C223-111C-45F1-B835-4B5E96756133 (resized).jpeg3F20C223-111C-45F1-B835-4B5E96756133 (resized).jpegB51EE4F9-6278-436D-9283-8161D09A8DB8 (resized).jpegB51EE4F9-6278-436D-9283-8161D09A8DB8 (resized).jpeg
#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Cmon OZ, where are you mates?

It’s a long way down here 8ball. I think they’re all on a ship as we speak but won’t arrive until end November.

#2054 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s a long way down here 8ball. I think they’re all on a ship as we speak but won’t arrive until end November.

Yep, definitely been on the ship for weeks already. Spoke to Zax at the Expo on the weekend, they’re still expecting mid November.

#2055 4 years ago

Did anyone order the Tilt topper?

#2056 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Did anyone order the Tilt topper?

Ya it looks great, I got the "LE style" with the added green.

IMG_20191030_060308_MP (resized).jpgIMG_20191030_060308_MP (resized).jpg
#2057 4 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

you increased the flipper power and it works better?

Yup. Helps to bury the ball all the way into his throat to the magnet.

#2058 4 years ago

Okay, so I’m starting to understand the rules... In no particular order you have T Rex events, advancing paddocks, raptor events, chaos multiball and supply drops to increase scoring etc... But they all seem somewhat isolated from each other and I’m having trouble figuring out an overarching approach to the game. Any thoughts?

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Okay, so I’m starting to understand the rules... In no particular order you have T Rex events, advancing paddocks, raptor events, chaos multiball and supply drops to increase scoring etc... But they all seem somewhat isolated from each other and I’m having trouble figuring out an overarching approach to the game. Any thoughts?

i normally try and advance the paddocks as much as i can. in doing so, i wind up with pretty much all the other things you mentioned above.

#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

i normally try and advance the paddocks as much as i can. in doing so, i wind up with pretty much all the other things you mentioned above.

Do you do the minimum number or rescues to advance or try to pile them up?

#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Do you do the minimum number or rescues to advance or try to pile them up?

Get the most rescues you can early on.

#2062 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ya it looks great, I got the "LE style" with the added green.[quoted image]

Looks great..

#2063 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ya it looks great, I got the "LE style" with the added green.[quoted image]

Looks great, I know some toppers are being made so holding off ...it's killing me...lol

#2064 4 years ago

Adding to my list of issues unfortunately is that the Supply Drop switch and the raptor cage right target wiring was reversed when put together. Confirmed with switch test and glass off play test. I thought I was nailing the supply drop target but not getting credit for it and it turns out I was right. If the raptor gate is down, I get 6% off fence integrity for hitting the supply drop target. Unfortunately, that also means I can only get a supply drop when the raptor cage is open (or a locked ball hits it).

I've been very optimistic the past few weeks while waiting on my Premium that it has been the minority with QC problems, but the issues I have had so far should have been easily caught in QC and instead end up being a pain in my ass.

I guess I'm desoldering and resoldering switches on a 1 day old game

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Adding to my list of issues unfortunately is that the Supply Drop switch and the raptor cage right target wiring was reversed when put together. Confirmed with switch test and glass off play test. I thought I was nailing the supply drop target but not getting credit for it and it turns out I was right. If the raptor gate is down, I get 6% off fence integrity for hitting the supply drop target. Unfortunately, that also means I can only get a supply drop when the raptor cage is open (or a locked ball hits it).
I've been very optimistic the past few weeks while waiting on my Premium that it has been the minority with QC problems, but the issues I have had so far should have been easily caught in QC and instead end up being a pain in my ass.

Do they have different connectors? Can’t swap?

#2066 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Do they have different connectors? Can’t swap?

Both switch wires are soldered and from there the switch appears to be a single piece with the targets riveted to the switch so I can't just swap the targets (that I can see anyway)

I sent an email to Stern to make sure my only option is to de-/re-solder the switches and won't do anything until I hear back

#2067 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

I share your frustration. My machine- the T-Rex head won't grab the ball. Couldn't have passed QC this way. Maybe happened in shipping? This is my first new pin. I guess my expectations were wrong. I assumed that a new pin would work out of the box. I have other pins that I fix and maintain and expect to do so (WPC 89 games).

Tried all published solutions so far (Head position through adjustment of brackets/software adjustments- flipper strength and bias adjustments). Stern has been responsive, but I don't think they know what is going on either. I am awaiting a new ramp and optos to see if that fixes the issue.

So I understand, the warranty is for parts and not labor?

Enjoy your soldiering!

#2068 4 years ago

Officially put my deposit down for a Premium and it should be shipping in a week or two, so excited! I was on the fence between a Pro and a Prem and I played both at Expo and seemed like a no-brainier to me. I did like the art package on the Prem in person more than I thought I would.

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

Officially put my deposit down for a Premium and it should be shipping in a week or two, so excited! I was on the fence between a Pro and a Prem and I played both at Expo and seemed like a no-brainier to me. I did like the art package on the Prem in person more than I thought I would.

Good choice. IMHO the prem is well worth it on this title.

#2070 4 years ago

Was wanting to buy a set of the 3 wireforms ramps (for plating). I thot I scoured the parts manual pretty thoroughly but cannot find the pet number for the left wireform. Is it in there??
Thanks!

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Supply Drop switch and the raptor cage right target wiring was reversed when put together

Same issue here. It's understandable when you see it. They are really close together and one is purple stripe while the other is blue stripe. Easy fix, but true you'd hope QC would catch that.

I've got mine dialed in now, but had to do the following:
1. Swap switch wires mentioned above.
2. Raise Trex mech so it didn't run into the habitrail while animating
3. Adjust center bias on Trex so it would align centered on the ramp and mouth would open.
4. Ream raptor bracket mount hole and unjam hinge so that raptor would lunge when hit.
5. Remove a washer from raptor leg axle so it would not jam in lunged position.
6. Replace blown out flipper coil stop.
7. Replace EOS actuator that fell apart due to bad rivet.

I always say you need to be willing to work on your pins, and none of this was difficult to fix, but it's hard to give Stern a pass on these issues. I do still love the game.

#2072 4 years ago
Quoted from marc_b:

Was wanting to buy a set of the 3 wireforms ramps (for plating). I thot I scoured the parts manual pretty thoroughly but cannot find the pet number for the left wireform. Is it in there??
Thanks!

Marcospecialties has it as 515-7450-00 see below
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7450-00
Enjoy the game

#2073 4 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Enjoy the game

Sorry my bad, went from Sopranos thread to here

#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Enjoy the game

Maybe not. That shows Sopranos wireform.
Anybody see it in their manual- not in mine

#2075 4 years ago

I picked up my Premium yesterday from Chris (Pinball Pirate) in Benicia. I recommend him.
WOW, I absolutely LOVE this pin. It's fantastic. Zero problems so far with it. No playfield issues. I had to tighten only one slingshot post that was loose.

I thought I would post pictures of the Stern Armor and Side Art Blades. I couldn't find any available pics of the art blades installed when I was trying to decide to buy them or not.
I think they look great!

Happy to be in the club!
Nick "junky"

20191030_110043 (resized).jpg20191030_110043 (resized).jpg20191030_110136 (resized).jpg20191030_110136 (resized).jpg20191030_110150 (resized).jpg20191030_110150 (resized).jpg20191030_110200 (resized).jpg20191030_110200 (resized).jpg20191030_110209 (resized).jpg20191030_110209 (resized).jpg20191030_110214 (resized).jpg20191030_110214 (resized).jpg
#2076 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I picked up my Premium yesterday from Chris (Pinball Pirate) in Benicia. I recommend him.
WOW, I absolutely LOVE this pin. It's fantastic. Zero problems so far with it. No playfield issues. I had to tighten only one slingshot post that was loose.
I thought I would post pictures of the Stern Armor and Side Art Blades. I couldn't find any available pics of the art blades installed when I was trying to decide to buy them or not.
I think they look great!
Happy to be in the club!
Nick "junky"[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the side art....big eyeball staring at me...yikes.

Side armor looks good, you going to get the flippers lit up in yellow? will throw a little light on the side.

#2077 4 years ago

Are there any videos of what the raptor is supposed to do on the premiums/Le's? How is it activated? I know some people had issues and mine doesn't seem to do anything. I feel bad for Keith Elwin. He made such an awesome game but Stern has shit the bed on their quality control.

#2078 4 years ago

Just received my jp premium.

Was curious if anyone else got a premium with a limited edition apron?

B6B44615-6BEB-49B5-8841-A40AF5F83BC5 (resized).jpegB6B44615-6BEB-49B5-8841-A40AF5F83BC5 (resized).jpegE916B2AF-58A7-4E54-8B3A-880537FF649D (resized).jpegE916B2AF-58A7-4E54-8B3A-880537FF649D (resized).jpeg
#2079 4 years ago

Speaker lights check..

6E5F1FAE-A342-4148-BF7D-99F565920F19 (resized).jpeg6E5F1FAE-A342-4148-BF7D-99F565920F19 (resized).jpeg
#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Speaker lights check..[quoted image]

Is that a red plastic behind the plaque?? or is it lit?

Nice green on the speakers , which company did you go with on those?

#2081 4 years ago

Is that a red plastic behind the plaque?? or is it lit?
Nice green on the speakers , which company did you go with on those?

The plastic behind the number plate is illuminated. Good eye!

Home brew .

A91A8009-4375-45B9-9EA7-563614D8516E (resized).jpegA91A8009-4375-45B9-9EA7-563614D8516E (resized).jpeg
#2082 4 years ago

LE #449 has been adopted. Hope it likes its new home!!

Unboxing in a few hours.

007021AE-3394-4102-B8AE-113B5537237B (resized).jpeg007021AE-3394-4102-B8AE-113B5537237B (resized).jpeg665E62DD-8772-4C64-AE91-231BDA63D747 (resized).jpeg665E62DD-8772-4C64-AE91-231BDA63D747 (resized).jpeg
#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

LE #449 has been adopted. Hope it likes its new home!!
Unboxing in a few hours.[quoted image][quoted image]

WOOHOO!!!!

Well Done and Congrats.

Will upload to the list.

#2084 4 years ago

So because of my rails being over tightened and it pushing up the clearcoat/art, it caused the art to actually peel off the playfield, so now some bare wood is showing. The art is still lifted in that area, so it's probably just going to get worse.

I wrote up a long email for my distro to give to Stern this morning, along with pictures of all my various playfield issues. Hopefully they agree to a full playfield swap. Pretty frustrating experience after dropping such a large amount of money on an LE. I think this is my last NIB experience, way too much of a crapshoot and Stern shows their QC is only getting worse if anything.

20191028_154228 (resized).jpg20191028_154228 (resized).jpg
#2085 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The plastic behind the number plate is illuminated. Good eye!
Home brew .[quoted image]

I posted up a green translucent idea. Spill the beans on the install. 2-3 leds?

Was the lighted speakers also a home brew?

#2086 4 years ago

Jeez I was going to buy a premium, but with all these quality issues I am second guessing myself...

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Jeez I was going to buy a premium, but with all these quality issues I am second guessing myself...

It's such a bummer because the game itself is absolutely amazing. One of my favorites ever so far.

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

It's such a bummer because the game itself is absolutely amazing. One of my favorites ever so far.

It is frustrating for sure. If I am not confident in a $7000+ toy I might have to wait. Game itself looks amazing but it seems Stern is more concentrated on pushing games through the door than quality control. Stern is now a widget producers more widgets the better.

#2089 4 years ago

"7. Replace EOS actuator that fell apart due to bad rivet."

Saw this posted by another owner. I'm guessing several folks have seen this issue. Not a major issue, but jeez, a basic part that's used heavily should have decent flipper parts. Is there a better replacement anyone recommends? I fixed my rivet with my rivet vise, but I'm not sure it will last long.

IMG_0004 (resized).jpegIMG_0004 (resized).jpegIMG_0005 (resized).jpegIMG_0005 (resized).jpegIMG_0006 (resized).jpegIMG_0006 (resized).jpeg
#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

"7. Replace EOS actuator that fell apart due to bad rivet."
I'm not sure it will last long.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's hard to tell with rivets. Sometimes the rivet itself isn't very malleable and it fails early after pressing. Sometimes they just don't press well and crack immediately. More often than not, I find they either fail early or last a very long time.

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Are there any videos of what the raptor is supposed to do on the premiums/Le's? How is it activated? I know some people had issues and mine doesn't seem to do anything. I feel bad for Keith Elwin. He made such an awesome game but Stern has shit the bed on their quality control.

Raptor should make a quick lunge forward when the back target in the raptor cage is hit.

#2092 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Raptor should make a quick lunge forward when the back target in the raptor cage is hit.

Correct....no issues with him....maybe needs to be a bit bigger and meaner looking.

#2093 4 years ago

My best score and that puts me at 6th in the world on Pinside's ranking...I know it's half what a few have done...

I did hit the missile that was fun.

highscorejp (resized).jpghighscorejp (resized).jpg
#2094 4 years ago

I went over 500 million. WOOHOO....puts me at 6th in the world on Pinside. I know that's not 1 billion but I will take it.

Finally hit the missile and that was fun!!!

530k (resized).jpg530k (resized).jpg
#2095 4 years ago

Playing around with some black paint.

What you guys thinks?? Yes I put on a larger washer, took it off and used the small one.

screwb (resized).jpgscrewb (resized).jpg
#2096 4 years ago

Part 2.

Chrome versus black?

blacknut (resized).jpgblacknut (resized).jpgchrome nut (resized).jpgchrome nut (resized).jpg
#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

It is frustrating for sure. If I am not confident in a $7000+ toy I might have to wait. Game itself looks amazing but it seems Stern is more concentrated on pushing games through the door than quality control. Stern is now a widget producers more widgets the better.

This is such a bummer! For awareness, I bought #black-knight-sword-of-rage-le and it is unbelievably flawless after probably 1000 games. That said, I did just randomly find a screw and C clip in the cabinet :/. I fully expect to work on my pins but I do think they should be 99% functional on delivery.

This is strictly my opinion, but I do feel the quality of the game is slightly lower than the BKSoR I bought. I also ordered the #elviras-house-of-horrors-le and frankly I'm terrified after reading the posts for that one .

#2098 4 years ago

I went over 500 million. WOOHOO....puts me at 6th in the world on Pinside. I know that's not 1 billion but I will take it.
Finally hit the missile and that was fun!!![quoted image]

I didn't know that you could be N in the world on Pinside? I hit 668M...how do I enter this contest?

#2099 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I didn't know that you could be N in the world on Pinside? I hit 668M...how do I enter this contest?

Not really a contest....but Pinside keeps tally of whomever posts high scores....dont know who else does that.

Click into your profile, hope that helps.

Have a great night.

#2100 4 years ago

Anyone get a cool gift in the box like a signed sword in some of the Deadpools?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/42?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.