(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 185.
#1901 4 years ago

Can u adjust bass settings in a stern pinball machine ?

#1902 4 years ago

Added a chopper. Its balanced perfect on the chopper blades.
Next up is replacing the jeep!

023010D7-A0E4-49F7-B60B-EAFFBA22872B (resized).jpeg023010D7-A0E4-49F7-B60B-EAFFBA22872B (resized).jpeg1AD7A350-E754-4FD0-ADA0-E36A0CEA6976 (resized).jpeg1AD7A350-E754-4FD0-ADA0-E36A0CEA6976 (resized).jpeg32A587B5-D404-427C-BB0F-4E166AD26A0D (resized).jpeg32A587B5-D404-427C-BB0F-4E166AD26A0D (resized).jpeg
#1903 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Next up is replacing the jeep![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Loving the trees !!!!

#1904 4 years ago

Does anyone ever feel like their T-Rex has "gone to sleep" (for lack of a better phrase) when trying to hit it? My T-Rex has now been catching most of the clean shots when they're made within a reasonable time after the T-Rex event starts. However, whenever it takes me a longer time to get a clean shot to the ramp after the T-Rex event starts, the ball won't be caught. The T-Rex will give one quick roar immediately after the reject, and then if I get a very similar clean shot at it again soon after that it will be caught. It's been a very predicable behavior. I can now pretty well guess when I'll need two shots (one to wake it up and one to catch it) when it's taken too long for me to get a good shot off at the ramp. I'm wondering if there's some adjustment in the settings that can be made to prevent this "sleep mode". Anyone notice anything similar?

#1905 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes

#1906 4 years ago

I pre-ordered July 23 and just was told by my distro that mine shipped Friday. Hopefully I get the call early this week to set up my date.

#1907 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes. Go into the menu and first select 'Utility'. From there select 'Vol'. You can adjust treble, bass and other things to your liking.

#1908 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Yes. Go into the menu and first select 'Utility'. From there select 'Vol'. You can adjust treble, bass and other things to your liking.

Can u do this on all sterns? Man wish I had known.

#1909 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I like these but not sure I want to pay for the shipping to US.
Maybe someone else will post some pictures of something I will like.[quoted image]

I bought them but blue even though I have the premium. Reason being they do match the outside cabinet but inside art in the person is blue and matches LE. Therefore I wanted all the inner art to match otherwise backboard art doesn't

I would show them installed but still waiting for my game
20191012_122923 (resized).jpg20191012_122923 (resized).jpg

#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I bought them but blue even though I have the premium. Reason being they do match the outside cabinet but inside art in the person is blue and matches LE. Therefore I wanted all the inner art to match otherwise backboard art doesn't
I would show them installed but still waiting for my game
[quoted image]

I have a feeling you will get a call next week.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1911 4 years ago

Another Game Update!!!

Anyone pulled off the triple skill shot?? first one I get a lot, 2nd one a few times but never the 3rd.

I dont even know what I got for it...HAHA

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

No way! I had no idea.

#1913 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Another Game Update!!!
Anyone pulled off the triple skill shot?? first one I get a lot, 2nd one a few times but never the 3rd.

Yes. Instant free game!

#1914 4 years ago

Another Game Update!!!

Yeah man its awesome. Love the lighting and sound effects.

#1915 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I agree I would want it to match the inner art. Look forward to seeing it in your game. I have a little bit of time before mine ships.

#1916 4 years ago

My premium arrives tomorrow.

I made the mistake of tracking it. It’s been at the local distribution center since 6am yesterday. I could have been playing all weekend. Oh the humanity!

#1917 4 years ago

Added a led strip to the stock tower.

Adds a nice effect to the roof and rails.

D600187A-4448-4E36-A968-9746ED7E288D (resized).jpegD600187A-4448-4E36-A968-9746ED7E288D (resized).jpeg28EA6341-92A4-4643-A32B-3536922E5242 (resized).jpeg28EA6341-92A4-4643-A32B-3536922E5242 (resized).jpeg08621A81-E1D3-4A33-89C7-DDA3E1BC5563 (resized).jpeg08621A81-E1D3-4A33-89C7-DDA3E1BC5563 (resized).jpeg
#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Added a led strip to the stock tower.
Adds a nice effect to the roof and rails.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice quick cheap addition, might need to follow you. Waiting on caps/covers to cover those ugly screws to arrive.

#1919 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the left plastic on the raptor pit is not actually attached to anything and kind of floats there?

C6838579-75BF-48ED-84B4-ADF24DC3C6A0 (resized).jpegC6838579-75BF-48ED-84B4-ADF24DC3C6A0 (resized).jpeg
#1920 4 years ago

Nice quick cheap addition, might need to follow you. Waiting on caps/covers to cover those ugly screws to arrive.

Dollar cheap .. It looks A lot better than what the photo shows. For some reason my iPhone makes LED lighting look ultra bright.

Really can not lose with this one.

#1921 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Dollar cheap .. It looks A lot better than what the photo shows. For some reason my iPhone makes LED lighting look ultra bright.
Really can not lose with this one.

Agreed, plus the tower is not in stock..lol

#1922 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can u do this on all sterns? Man wish I had known.

No, only on the latest ones. Might be Spike 2 only, but someone would have to confirm. I could do it on my DP, IMDN and now JP.

#1923 4 years ago

Did you get the powder coat on the rails beforehand or wait until you had the game and send them out?

#1924 4 years ago

Damn these silicon rubbers are insane...like a rocket ball coming off them.

#1925 4 years ago

I was waiting to make changes on the screw heads as well.

What are you planning?

I generally replace all nuts with chromed acorn.

#1926 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Can anyone confirm that the left plastic on the raptor pit is not actually attached to anything and kind of floats there?[quoted image]

Confirmed. Mine is that way too.

#1927 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Confirmed. Mine is that way too.

Ty!

#1928 4 years ago

Playing around placing these little signs.

I went a little heavy on the left side. Some items just cant go near the TREX as he moves alot on the LE.

Once my fence goes up I have the high voltage stickers for that.

mods (resized).JPGmods (resized).JPGmods2 (resized).JPGmods2 (resized).JPG
#1929 4 years ago

Playing around placing these little signs.
I went a little heavy on the left side. Some items just cant go near the TREX as he moves alot on the LE.
Once my fence goes up I have the high voltage stickers for that.[quoted image][quoted image]

If you eventually get the MezelMods raptor pen mod, you will have to relocate all of those signs.

Reference my pic for ideas on where to put your signs, my T-Rex doesn’t regularly hit my signs.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/31#post-5264657

#1930 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

If you eventually get the MezelMods raptor pen mod, you will have to relocate all of those signs.
Reference my pic for ideas on where to put your signs, my T-Rex doesn’t regularly hit my signs.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/31#post-5264657

I put east dock sign same place but on rampage it will wipe it out when dropping ball in the bumpers area.

Nice number on your fence mods...lol

Seems when have all the same mods except the barbasol can I am getting elsewhere...I bought the control room plastic so will have to move can or just toss the plastic.

Any other areas as options for the can??

#1931 4 years ago

I guess I'm the first one to install a playfield protector. I will post a video of the pictures I took to do install and to take off parts in order to make way for the protector. I also added colored cliffy posts and red super bands on flippers. Things to note: 1) protector caused newton ball to rub on playfield, so I had to add another washer on top of playfield so the ball didn't rub on the protector. 2) upper flipper stroke stop rivet broke so had to redo rivet. Fortunately, I have a rivet vise. Now, working 100% again and with a nice playfield protector.

IMG_0004 (resized).jpegIMG_0004 (resized).jpegIMG_0005 (resized).jpegIMG_0005 (resized).jpegIMG_0006 (resized).jpegIMG_0006 (resized).jpegIMG_0007 (resized).jpegIMG_0007 (resized).jpegIMG_0008 (resized).jpegIMG_0008 (resized).jpegIMG_0009 (resized).jpegIMG_0009 (resized).jpegIMG_0010 (resized).jpegIMG_0010 (resized).jpegIMG_0011 (resized).jpegIMG_0011 (resized).jpegIMG_0012 (resized).jpegIMG_0012 (resized).jpegIMG_0013 (resized).jpegIMG_0013 (resized).jpegIMG_0014 (resized).jpegIMG_0014 (resized).jpegIMG_0015 (resized).jpegIMG_0015 (resized).jpegIMG_0016 (resized).jpegIMG_0016 (resized).jpegIMG_0017 (resized).jpegIMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
#1932 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I guess I'm the first one to install a playfield protector. I will post a video of the pictures I took to do install and to take off parts in order to make way for the protector. I also added colored cliffy posts and red super bands on flippers. Things to note: 1) protector caused newton ball to rub on playfield, so I had to add another washer on top of playfield so the ball didn't rub on the protector. 2) upper flipper stroke stop rivet broke so had to redo rivet. Fortunately, I have a rivet vise. Now, working 100% again and with a nice playfield protector.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job!!!

#1933 4 years ago

Playing around with the caps. Thought??

You dont need many for JP...those damn silver philips screws is what hurts my eyes...might have t break out a can of spray paint.

caps (resized).JPGcaps (resized).JPGcaps2 (resized).JPGcaps2 (resized).JPG
#1934 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I guess I'm the first one to install a playfield protector. I will post a video of the pictures I took to do install and to take off parts in order to make way for the protector. I also added colored cliffy posts and red super bands on flippers. Things to note: 1) protector caused newton ball to rub on playfield, so I had to add another washer on top of playfield so the ball didn't rub on the protector. 2) upper flipper stroke stop rivet broke so had to redo rivet. Fortunately, I have a rivet vise. Now, working 100% again and with a nice playfield protector.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So do you go over the existing mylar they add at high use spots, or do you remove those and then apply? Also, which PF protecter did you use?

#1935 4 years ago

Found yet another issue with my playfield. Near the upper flipper there's a part of the actual paint lifting right off the playfield. I think it is caused by the same issue I've found in other spots where they tightened the guide rails and apron so tight that it causes the clear/paint to get pushed up. Maybe this will be enough to get Stern to replace my playfield, but I doubt it.

#1936 4 years ago

Playing around with the caps. Thought??
You dont need many for JP...those damn silver philips screws is what hurts my eyes...might have t break out a can of spray paint.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you didn’t peel the protective plastic off your sling washers.

#1937 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Found yet another issue with my playfield. Near the upper flipper there's a part of the actual paint lifting right off the playfield. I think it is caused by the same issue I've found in other spots where they tightened the guide rails and apron so tight that it causes the clear/paint to get pushed up. Maybe this will be enough to get Stern to replace my playfield, but I doubt it.

Was this machine received recently or was this received a while ago?

#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Was this machine received recently or was this received a while ago?

Got it in September. I've been fighting to get a replacement playfield since I got it. But I'm hoping (??) that this new issue pushes them to make things right.

#1939 4 years ago

Anyone else have this issue with their Trex head? This morning he would just continually move his head back and forth but further to each side as normal. He would push the electric fence on the left side and over hang the ramp on the right. So much so that the ball on the return ramp would hit him. He also now tries to open his mouth in areas not over the ramp entry. He never stops moving or roars at the beginning of the game. Any ideas?

#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Looks like you didn’t peel the protective plastic off your sling washers.

Opps.

Newbie mistake.

Thank you.

#1941 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I've now seen that in 3 different areas on mine.

#1942 4 years ago

That looks awesome...does the whole helicopter spin? Who sells that mod?

#1943 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I've now seen that in 3 different areas on mine.

Wow, that sucks.

The stupid thing is that this happened because they clamped down all the metal rails so damn tight, it forced the clear up... yet when I was replacing all the rubbers I found that every damn post was loose! Whoever assembled this playfield did an absolutely terrible job.

Of course I didn't find this new playfield issue until after I replaced all of the posts and rubbers, so if they do give me a new one I will have to swap them all back again.

#1944 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I have seen 2 options out there...let me look who sold those.

#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Wow, that sucks.
The stupid thing is that this happened because they clamped down all the metal rails so damn tight, it forced the clear up... yet when I was replacing all the rubbers I found that every damn post was loose! Whoever assembled this playfield did an absolutely terrible job.
Of course I didn't find this new playfield issue until after I replaced all of the posts and rubbers, so if they do give me a new one I will have to swap them all back again.

They really should put washers under the guide rail screws to keep the rail from resting on the clear coat.

#1946 4 years ago

I have seen 2 options out there...let me look who sold those.

Here is one of the 2.

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/jurassic-park-stern

I am tempted to buy the goat and some of the tress to scatter around the PF. lol

Tell me what you like on his site.

#1947 4 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Anyone else have this issue with their Trex head? This morning he would just continually move his head back and forth but further to each side as normal. He would push the electric fence on the left side and over hang the ramp on the right. So much so that the ball on the return ramp would hit him. He also now tries to open his mouth in areas not over the ramp entry. He never stops moving or roars at the beginning of the game. Any ideas?

I haven’t had that happen. Is it still lowering to try to catch balls? If you start a T-Rex event does it settle down? Maybe then it could reset and go back to normal. Or maybe there’s some switch stuck that’s causing it somehow. Are there any switches reporting stuck?

#1948 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

So do you go over the existing mylar they add at high use spots, or do you remove those and then apply? Also, which PF protecter did you use?

I didn't remove the existing mylar, just put the protector over everything. I purchase the protector direct from Mirco in Germany. The ones sold in U.S. don't seem to be the same quality. Here's a link: https://playfield-protectors.com/22/Playfield%20Protectors?page=5

Stan

#1949 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

If you are looking for the blue helicopter, you can buy it off Ebay for under $10 shipped.

ebay.com link: Matchbox Jurassic World Mission Chopper Mauler Hauler 2015 Helicoptor

#1950 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I haven’t had that happen. Is it still lowering to try to catch balls? If you start a T-Rex event does it settle down? Maybe then it could reset and go back to normal. Or maybe there’s some switch stuck that’s causing it somehow. Are there any switches reporting stuck?

I will need to check those tonight. It happened before I had to run to work this morning. I shut off the Trex head in the menu system before I left in case the kids tried to play it.

The first game the Trex head registered the event and lowered down properly. 2nd even on the same game he tried to lower his head on the right metal rail guide and stayed stuck over there. The next game he just moved all over the place and didn’t try to stop or lower.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/39?hl=hawkmoon77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.