(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 185.
#1851 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am not sure I am in love with them but I figured I would give them a shot as they are all I could find. It is worth a try to see how they look if I have to take the grills apart to put in the speaker lights. I would of liked some type of JP logo image better but they probably have to use some generic image because of copywriting.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern/products/jurassic-park-pinball-speaker-acrylics

Ahhh....yes I have seen those. Post up some pics once installed.

#1852 4 years ago

IN ROD WE TRUST!!

Rods (resized).jpgRods (resized).jpgRod (resized).jpgRod (resized).jpg
#1853 4 years ago

Premium to be delivered to Lyons Classic Pinball next week!

#1854 4 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

IN ROD WE TRUST!![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks Fantastic.

Can wait to install mine plus the extra lighted piece behind the plate.

#1855 4 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

Apologize if this has been covered before. Received my Prem yesterday. When I was at Expo, when I played the Prem, when TREX grabbed the ball in his mouth, when he let it go, it would be dropped on the wireform. Mine drops a little bit short every time (hits the left rail of the wireform and falls to the playfield...is it supposed to hit the wireform? Is there an adjustment that can be made on the TREX to move it slightly right?
Also curious about an adjustment in the ADJ menu. #225. If you change it to throw the ball or not, there is no change on mine. Should it be throwing the ball a distance or just dropping it like on the other setting?
Thanks,
Hogey

Response from Chas at Stern:

Hi John,
This is set thru the game software. We don’t have any adjustments for this but you can check the operation of the T-rex in diagnostics. Go to game specific test for this. There will be updates so the T-rex more when these are finished.

Best regards,
Chas Siddiqi
Stern Pinball Tech. Support
800 542-5377

#1856 4 years ago

Evening guys, ok my Premium gets delivered Tuesday morning. Had the option for Monday, but can't take Monday's off. Anyway, I have a question. On the LED screen in the backbox, are there any movie clips, or actual video, or is it strictly animations?
Thanks,
Chris

#1857 4 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

IN ROD WE TRUST!![quoted image][quoted image]

Wow this one had the spring on the right side of the shooter plate right out of the gate!

#1858 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

gamerrick , delt31 I set myself a reminder to ping you guys when I'm done. For anyone else interested, please PM me as I may not see your forum reply. I just got back from a recording session and actually had my engineer do the heavy lifting on some of the key sounds in between working on my own music. For instance, David Attenborough's "Welcome to Jurassic Park" has the music in the background. My engineer magically, nearly removed it. I'm gonna test out replacing it tomorrow. After tonight's session, I have 17 as clean and leveled as possible sound bites from the movie. Yes, even Jeff Goldblum's laugh exampled at 0:14 in this video (I didn't make this I just found it and it's kinda funny): I feel like that laugh could be cut up and used somewhere!

If we were to use this though I’m curious what an update to the code would do. Would it erase all of the changes that we would’ve made? Would we have to do it all over again ?

#1859 4 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

UPDATE. I have made the adjustments to the height of the jaw (thanks for the links!). No dice.However I think the problem may be in the horizontal calibration.When in the Horizontal Motor test, there appears to be 3 settings, trigger by the "-" and "+" buttons. The number 68 is shown as centered. However it is not. The center position will change the box around the number to a solid color (indicating that is now in the correct position). When returning to the centered position is is not solid. To get the a solid color, the T-rex can be pushed to the left. when doing so there is a click and the number goes solid. Its as if the head position is a gear tooth off from center. There are several Bias adjustments in the adjust menu. Would these correct this issue? There are explainers for the these adjustments do.
So now I am wondering if the mouth wont grab because it doesn't appears centered in the software and there for won't power the magnet and jaw due to alignment. Any suggestions? Drop the stepper motor out and rotate the gear one tooth over?
Let me know you think!
Thanks!

I really think since it seems to be so involved to adjust all of the different TRex settings That Stern should put out a simple poster or flyer or something explaining it don’t you think? I really like Chas and I think he’s a great guy but I don’t think the explanation he gave one of the other Pinsiders says very much about it at all. We shouldn’t have to figure these things out they should just tell us

#1860 4 years ago

Sumbitch, you guys are in for some kind of experience if you don't have yours yet!

It's an unbelievable awesome game, one of my favorites EVER. No it's not the honeymoon talking either. I'm going TWD on this one, play it until i drop baby!

#1861 4 years ago

Ill join you soon, ICE!

#1862 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill join you soon, ICE!

You won't be disappointed Art! I'm not sure what version of the code we are on but holy crap its really really good right now.

Not sure about the "fossils" collected but i haven't unearthed any of those yet

It's a bitch trying to make your way to Nebular and so much awesome stuff to do along the way!

#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's an unbelievable awesome game, one of my favorites EVER.

So do you think it is better than JJP POTC? I am not sure yet, but it is incredibly addicting. I have to think it will make a lot of money on location.

#1864 4 years ago

Still waiting for mine. No confirmation on date yet

#1865 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You won't be disappointed Art! I'm not sure what version of the code we are on but holy crap its really really good right now.
Not sure about the "fossils" collected but i haven't unearthed any of those yet
It's a bitch trying to make your way to Nebular and so much awesome stuff to do along the way!

Yeah no fossils here.

I did find the JP perks guide on Stern's website...

#1866 4 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

So do you think it is better than JJP POTC? I am not sure yet, but it is incredibly addicting. I have to think it will make a lot of money on location.

Well I’d like to find out. Still waiting on my POTCCE

But you are correct, addictive as heck!

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I really think since it seems to be so involved to adjust all of the different TRex settings That Stern should put out a simple poster or flyer or something explaining it don’t you think? I really like Chas and I think he’s a great guy but I don’t think the explanation he gave one of the other Pinsiders says very much about it at all. We shouldn’t have to figure these things out they should just tell us

Yep, this seems to be a very new and different mech from anything else in any other game, so it would be helpful if they put together guides to cover what to do in a few different situations (mouth is too far above ramp, head is too low, head is too far to the right, T-Rex isn't catching, etc.). And/or maybe a quick overview of what each of the T-Rex software adjustments is designed to correct also.

#1868 4 years ago

Got our first NIB game all set up tonight. Plays perfectly out of the box. Tomorrow I’ll attempt to put the shaker motor and amber shooting rod in.

1DD1AD13-BF21-4808-B597-DC769D3BDD46 (resized).jpeg1DD1AD13-BF21-4808-B597-DC769D3BDD46 (resized).jpeg4D1DE8FF-6CAD-49EA-B67E-F1AA983E9061 (resized).jpeg4D1DE8FF-6CAD-49EA-B67E-F1AA983E9061 (resized).jpegBC857E77-93C9-40A6-AD0B-B41548018558 (resized).jpegBC857E77-93C9-40A6-AD0B-B41548018558 (resized).jpeg
#1869 4 years ago

This game is really fun I love it . Great addition to any collection , lots of things to do and see , excellent sound effects. Keep coming back to play . Don’t see this one leaving my home anytime soon .

#1870 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

This game is really fun I love it . Great addition to any collection , lots of things to do and see , excellent sound effects. Keep coming back to play . Don’t see this one leaving my home anytime soon .

Glad to hear you say that! When I saw your for sale post, I nearly messaged you saying “don’t do it!”.

#1871 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Evening guys, ok my Premium gets delivered Tuesday morning. Had the option for Monday, but can't take Monday's off. Anyway, I have a question. On the LED screen in the backbox, are there any movie clips, or actual video, or is it strictly animations?
Thanks,
Chris

So it's more fair to say it is CG than it is animation. Kind of like the original movie. And how really good video games are made.

They recreated nearly all of my favorite scenes in CG and really captured the original spirit of those scenes, but because they recreated them, it fits perfectly with the game in the way movie scenes couldn't. They must have spent a ton on it. It sets a new standard in pinball, in my opinion. In fact, I think it makes the quick cut to a sort-of-related movie scene format seem a bit dated.

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

UPDATE: I hope these are helpful for those of you trying to get the T-Rex to operate properly. There are "Bias Adjustments" in the Adjustments Menu. Specifically, there are Left, Right and Middle. The Middle Bias Adjustment will shift the T-Rex head from left to right. A negative number moves the head to the players left. Positive to the players right. I believe this and the other adjustment (loosen the bolts of the Mech) will solve most issues.

Mine is still not working. Has anyone seen a "Theory Of Operation" for this Pin? That would be helpful in tracking down the issue.

Thanks!

#1873 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I’d like to find out. Still waiting on my POTCCE
But you are correct, addictive as heck!

Nothing in this game gets annoyingly repetitive or choppy.
The path options, buttery shots combos paired with direct hit stand up traps/objectives add variety and danger.
What a rush when you nail it!

#1874 4 years ago

Added on the shooter rod today

0E8D31F7-0135-4E9C-A68E-CB21376854C0 (resized).jpeg0E8D31F7-0135-4E9C-A68E-CB21376854C0 (resized).jpegD56F8D30-5A3B-4DA8-ACBE-72392EDD609A (resized).jpegD56F8D30-5A3B-4DA8-ACBE-72392EDD609A (resized).jpeg
#1875 4 years ago

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what sequence I just pulled off but T-Rex spit the ball into the playfield. I would call it kinda dropping the ball, but she dropped it int the bumper area...I think...I just looked up for a sec and saw it go in that direction. So cool not to see it just be placed on the track.

Love the double skill shot award.

Missiles are not my friends as I cant get that one.

Anyone in the Plano. Frisco, Dallas area that reads this and has a JP and wants to compare notes let me know. Time to break out the whiskey.

#1876 4 years ago

Royale-W-Cheese Mine usually throws the ball when you get the T-Rex Rampage, for the other modes she normally places them in the ramp, just an FYI

#1877 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

eightballtexas Mine usually throws the ball when you get the T-Rex Rampage, for the other modes she normally places them in the ramp, just an FYI

Hmm...do I suck that bad that I have not had the " Rampage"? lol. Going to go teat your theory now.

Thanks for the info.

#1878 4 years ago

So frustrating to hear “it will be shipping next week” repeatedly for the past 4-6 weeks. Especially when this is your first NIB game. I was so excited seeing everyone receive their Premiums this coming week and even some west coast friends in Texas getting theirs! Sure enough, despite being one of the first customers to order 3-4 months ago, just found out that majority of the “first batch order” had to be sent back as they were running into similar playing field issues as did the Pro’s at launch. Turns out now, that I won’t be seeing it until November (still no exact date). Christ Almighty! Aries are naturally impatient people, but this is just getting to be a real challenge at this point.

#1879 4 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

So frustrating to hear “it will be shipping next week” repeatedly for the past 4-6 weeks.

It won’t help, but you’re not the only one.

Regarding that whole ‘Aries’ thing though... sorry dude, you are on your own. My advice would be to find a different theory about the way the world actually works.

#1880 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

It won’t help, but you’re not the only one.
Regarding that whole ‘Aries’ thing though... sorry dude, you are on your own. My advice would be to find a different theory about the way the world actually works.

No I know, just unfortunate. Thanks for the advice!

#1881 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

So it's more fair to say it is CG than it is animation. Kind of like the original movie. And how really good video games are made.
They recreated nearly all of my favorite scenes in CG and really captured the original spirit of those scenes, but because they recreated them, it fits perfectly with the game in the way movie scenes couldn't. They must have spent a ton on it. It sets a new standard in pinball, in my opinion. In fact, I think it makes the quick cut to a sort-of-related movie scene format seem a bit dated.

Thank you so much for the info! Can't wait to play it!

#1882 4 years ago

Assuming it arrives on time, I will be joining the club with a premium early next week! Super stoked!

#1883 4 years ago

Shooter rod installed! Check out the garbage (i.e. non-existent) instructions I got. To others that get the same, install the shooter assembly and hold down plate at the same time to fit the wires properly. It plugs into cn15 labeled spare LEDs on the node board next to coin door. Unlike others, I quite like the look of a bit of caution tape on the LE. The led color of the shooter rod closely matches yellow britemod BriteButtons for others interested in that look. Still waiting on the raptor tower for LE from mezel. This machine is a winner, great job Keith!

IMG_20191026_134702.jpgIMG_20191026_134702.jpgIMG_20191026_134716.jpgIMG_20191026_134716.jpgIMG_20191026_142358.jpgIMG_20191026_142358.jpgIMG_20191026_142453.jpgIMG_20191026_142453.jpgIMG_20191026_142540.jpgIMG_20191026_142540.jpg
#1884 4 years ago

Little off topic but just came back from Jurassic World live tour with the fam and it was great!

20191026_160613 (resized).jpg20191026_160613 (resized).jpg20191026_163234 (resized).jpg20191026_163234 (resized).jpg20191026_163339 (resized).jpg20191026_163339 (resized).jpg
#1885 4 years ago

Ordered my Premium end of July
Still few more weeks before it supposed to ship.

Some people have premiums already
Is my Distro just slow or put me on the bottom of the pile ?

#1886 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have no idea what sequence I just pulled off but T-Rex spit the ball into the playfield. I would call it kinda dropping the ball, but she dropped it int the bumper area...I think...I just looked up for a sec and saw it go in that direction. So cool not to see it just be placed on the track.
Love the double skill shot award.
Missiles are not my friends as I cant get that one.
Anyone in the Plano. Frisco, Dallas area that reads this and has a JP and wants to compare notes let me know. Time to break out the whiskey.

You had me a "whiskey"

#1887 4 years ago

Well my modding is done (for now lol), changed posts to yellow rings to clear and flippers to green. Installed amber shooter rod, Mezel raptor pen and lookout tower and Pinstadium Omegas, I like it a lot
20191026_155758 (resized).jpg20191026_155758 (resized).jpg20191026_155812 (resized).jpg20191026_155812 (resized).jpg20191026_155822 (resized).jpg20191026_155822 (resized).jpg20191026_155832 (resized).jpg20191026_155832 (resized).jpg20191026_155849 (resized).jpg20191026_155849 (resized).jpg

#1888 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well my modding is done (for now lol), changed posts to yellow rings to clear and flippers to green. Installed amber shooter rod, Mezel raptor pen and lookout tower and Pinstadium Omegas, I like it a lot
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very Nice. Love the cards!!!

I bought some yellows and some greens to mix it up on the posts.

All you need to complete that top right corner is the fence with a few warning signs. hehe.

Well Done.

#1889 4 years ago

Anyone else get spammed by some "PinWoofer" moron? He messaged me because I own a JP LE trying to sell me some shit. Pretty weak and I'm sure it's against the rules for vendors to spam people like that.

#1890 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Looks great! I'm doing the same except no tower mod. Actually think the original is nice. Raptor pit upgrade for sure

#1891 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looks great! I'm doing the same except no tower mod. Actually think the original is nice. Raptor pit upgrade for sure

Are you going to upgrade the raptor as well?

#1892 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Are you going to upgrade the raptor as well?

Never thought about it. What are people buying? I'll prob wait and see

#1893 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Never thought about it. What are people buying? I'll prob wait and see

I saw one vendor selling them, let me think who that was....need whiskey to remember...lol

#1894 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Who sells the raptor mod. Looks great.

Does It effect the stock lighting On the raptor pit?

#1895 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Is that an air ball protector behind the Raptor? Haven’t seen one for sale.

#1896 4 years ago

Thoughts on which sideblades you prefer?

#1897 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Who sells the raptor mod. Looks great.
Does It effect the stock lighting On the raptor pit?

https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern/products/jurassic-park-pinball-raptor-pen?variant=30216737554529

Quoted from GamerRick:

Is that an air ball protector behind the Raptor? Haven’t seen one for sale.

That plastic comes with the MezelMods Raptor Tower mod. It replaces the stock plastic for fitting reasons.

#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern/products/jurassic-park-pinball-raptor-pen?variant=30216737554529

That plastic comes with the MezelMods Raptor Tower mod. It replaces the stock plastic for fitting reasons.

Thx!

#1899 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Thoughts on which sideblades you prefer?

I like these but not sure I want to pay for the shipping to US.

Maybe someone else will post some pictures of something I will like.

jurassic-park-stern-premium-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpgjurassic-park-stern-premium-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpg
#1900 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

@evh347, you beat me to it. Thx. You're up early on sunday

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/38?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.