(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 184.
#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I've taken it upon myself to extract and polish any SLJ sound bites and others straight from the movie. Unfortunately there aren't that many to work with for SLJ but I've got a decent collection going. Also many of the iconic ones have tons of background noise/music I have to methodically reduce. I'll find an appropriate way to share once I have a good amount. This is a lot of work so I may ask for a small donation for the effort.

Quoted from delt31:

Would be happy to pay - thanks for doing that!

So would I.

#1802 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Isn’t it a real pain to change those decals? I just bought Rad Cals for my POTC. Dreading the install.

I watched a guy at stern do 3 sides of 3 machines of a JP in minutes....spray bottle of soap and water and a window cleaner thingy...took him 20 secs and then wiped it off.

He did have them all on the sides thou.....I guess then flipped it to the other but we had moved on with the tour.

#1803 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My buddy installed right over the existing decals....they look great

Really? Thought of that wasn’t sure. My left side decal was damaged on delivery, I accepted a new decal instead of declining, never put it on though. Then I decided to get rad cals. There is a jagged edge I am sure I would have to smooth it out somehow. Wasn’t sure if it would show underneath.

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I watched a guy at stern do 3 sides of 3 machines of a JP in minutes....spray bottle of soap and water and a window cleaner thingy...took him 20 secs and then wiped it off.
He did have them all on the sides thou.....I guess then flipped it to the other but we had moved on with the tour.

Yeah but he’s good at it lol.

#1805 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yeah but he’s good at it lol.

Stern tour guide did say he made it look easy....all abut the window cleaner thingy.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1806 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Really? Thought of that wasn’t sure. My left side decal was damaged on delivery, I accepted a new decal instead of declining, never put it on though. Then I decided to get rad cals. There is a jagged edge I am sure I would have to smooth it out somehow. Wasn’t sure if it would show underneath.

He had the exact same problem and JJP gave him radcals .... he installed right over the existing decals....he said the front was a pain because u had to make all the cuts, but it looked great

#1807 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm hearing that Stern chose to list their limited stock on their site and ship new orders placed their first. Even though they accepted orders from their distributors months ago. Seems like a weird decision to me.

Yeah that's kinda backwards business practice IMO. Makes me wonder how many people preordered from one of their retailers months ago (like I did), then cancelled their preorder, ordering directly from Stern instead. Not a nice way for a manufacturer to treat their distributors/retailers.

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I've taken it upon myself to extract and polish any SLJ sound bites and others straight from the movie. Unfortunately there aren't that many to work with for SLJ but I've got a decent collection going. Also many of the iconic ones have tons of background noise/music I have to methodically reduce. I'll find an appropriate way to share once I have a good amount. This is a lot of work so I may ask for a small donation for the effort.

GamerRick , delt31 I set myself a reminder to ping you guys when I'm done. For anyone else interested, please PM me as I may not see your forum reply. I just got back from a recording session and actually had my engineer do the heavy lifting on some of the key sounds in between working on my own music. For instance, David Attenborough's "Welcome to Jurassic Park" has the music in the background. My engineer magically, nearly removed it. I'm gonna test out replacing it tomorrow. After tonight's session, I have 17 as clean and leveled as possible sound bites from the movie. Yes, even Jeff Goldblum's laugh exampled at 0:14 in this video (I didn't make this I just found it and it's kinda funny):

I feel like that laugh could be cut up and used somewhere!

#1809 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He had the exact same problem and JJP gave him radcals .... he installed right over the existing decals....he said the front was a pain because u had to make all the cuts, but it looked great

Damn I sure would have appreciated them for free. I paid full price $399 ugh. But thanks for the info!

#1810 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

gamerrick , delt31 I set myself a reminder to ping you guys when I'm done. For anyone else interested, please PM me as I may not see your forum reply. I just got back from a recording session and actually had my engineer do the heavy lifting on some of the key sounds in between working on my own music. For instance, David Attenborough's "Welcome to Jurassic Park" has the music in the background. My engineer magically, nearly removed it. I'm gonna test out replacing it tomorrow. After tonight's session, I have 17 as clean and leveled as possible sound bites from the movie. Yes, even Jeff Goldblum's laugh exampled at 0:14 in this video (I didn't make this I just found it and it's kinda funny): I feel like that laugh could be cut up and used somewhere!

Just out of curiosity, which channel in the mix are you extracting the audio from? And are there non-vocal channels that can be used for noise reduction?

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

gamerrick , delt31 I set myself a reminder to ping you guys when I'm done. For anyone else interested, please PM me as I may not see your forum reply. I just got back from a recording session and actually had my engineer do the heavy lifting on some of the key sounds in between working on my own music. For instance, David Attenborough's "Welcome to Jurassic Park" has the music in the background. My engineer magically, nearly removed it. I'm gonna test out replacing it tomorrow. After tonight's session, I have 17 as clean and leveled as possible sound bites from the movie. Yes, even Jeff Goldblum's laugh exampled at 0:14 in this video (I didn't make this I just found it and it's kinda funny): I feel like that laugh could be cut up and used somewhere!

happy to help and looking forward to hearing them.

Time is money and it's saving me time by not doing it myself so you can have some of my money ; )

Now - if you can find the best parts in that code to remove the terrible lines with these much better ones, that would be great. I recently opened up the code and stern recorded a TON of vocals in this game.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

happy to help and looking forward to hearing them.
Time is money and it's saving me time by not doing it myself so you can have some of my money ; )
Now - if you can find the best parts in that code to remove the terrible lines with these much better ones, that would be great. I recently opened up the code and stern recorded a TON of vocals in this game.

I could start indexing the audio clips if no one's done that yet.

#1813 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

That would be awesome!

#1814 4 years ago

So update on my situation. I spoke with Stern and current thought is bad mini coil. But when I run the test I do hear a click. When rummaging around I found a lost screw that fits the description in this diagram. I think this could be my problem but does anyone have any idea how to get to it? I’d really rather not remove my whole assembly... maybe a right angled screw driver to remove the plastic T. rex head from the underlying mechs?

771CB5B5-2FD7-4680-B26F-7E2830F3C6FD (resized).jpeg771CB5B5-2FD7-4680-B26F-7E2830F3C6FD (resized).jpeg
#1815 4 years ago

Or it could be this one...

7D240BF9-EFBC-4275-9232-3004101A3D13 (resized).jpeg7D240BF9-EFBC-4275-9232-3004101A3D13 (resized).jpeg
#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Or it could be this one...[quoted image]

If I were me.... I would probably bite the bullet and remove the mech, and gradually take it apart to inspect it. If that screw is missing, who knows whatever else might have been missed. And without that knowledge, you could drive yourself crazy trying to diagnose it.

I'd suggest removing it, and take a LOT of pictures during the disassembly (to help with reassembly later). I especially like to take a picture of the screws I remove next to the location they go into, in case they get mixed up. Compare to the sketches in the manual, and figure out what is truly different. It's a lot of parts, but once the shell is removed, it looks like you'll be able to see most of the mech without too much more disassembly. Anything short of that and you are just guessing.

Besides, if it is that coil, you may end up disassembling everything anyway, only to find another part that Stern has to send you in another week's time.

#1817 4 years ago

#467 is in Belgium !

IMG_20191025_144737 (resized).jpgIMG_20191025_144737 (resized).jpg
#1818 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the guys who got their premium machine already can you list the distributor as I'm curious.

Fargo Pinball...top notch!

#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the guys who got their premium machine already can you list the distributor as I'm curious.
Thanks

Henisphere Amusements. Kept me updated the entire time and just an overall great experience.

#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks

Hemispheres, great experience. This is my second one from them! Kurt and Mark are great guys...Would have been here this coming Monday but I had to delay the delivery due to being out of town

#1821 4 years ago

Still waiting for my damn shooter rod to ship from Stern. They must be too busy pumping out the Premiums.

#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

Thank you! I have read through and printed those out. I will try those adjustments and let you know what I can work out. Would be interesting to see if this solves the issue.
Thanks again for the links!

UPDATE. I have made the adjustments to the height of the jaw (thanks for the links!). No dice.However I think the problem may be in the horizontal calibration.When in the Horizontal Motor test, there appears to be 3 settings, trigger by the "-" and "+" buttons. The number 68 is shown as centered. However it is not. The center position will change the box around the number to a solid color (indicating that is now in the correct position). When returning to the centered position is is not solid. To get the a solid color, the T-rex can be pushed to the left. when doing so there is a click and the number goes solid. Its as if the head position is a gear tooth off from center. There are several Bias adjustments in the adjust menu. Would these correct this issue? There are explainers for the these adjustments do.
So now I am wondering if the mouth wont grab because it doesn't appears centered in the software and there for won't power the magnet and jaw due to alignment. Any suggestions? Drop the stepper motor out and rotate the gear one tooth over?

Let me know you think!

Thanks!

#1823 4 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

#467 is in Belgium ![quoted image]

Awesome news, the rest of the world pins being delivered has started.

Thanks for posting up #467

Congrats and Enjoy.

#1824 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Still waiting for my damn shooter rod to ship from Stern. They must be too busy pumping out the Premiums.

Same here, hope I get the email shipping info soon.

#1825 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That would be awesome!

I synced about 59 out of 742 on pin browser. You should be able to see them if you sync with it. I think we may want to start a new thread if we are working with several people on this. Also, I can set up an FTP server if we need to share files and such. Maybe a google drive would work too.

Try syncing it, and check the sound descriptions when you have a chance. Let me know if this format works and I'll finish it over the next week.

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

UPDATE. I have made the adjustments to the height of the jaw (thanks for the links!). No dice.However I think the problem may be in the horizontal calibration.When in the Horizontal Motor test, there appears to be 3 settings, trigger by the "-" and "+" buttons. The number 68 is shown as centered. However it is not. The center position will change the box around the number to a solid color (indicating that is now in the correct position). When returning to the centered position is is not solid. To get the a solid color, the T-rex can be pushed to the left. when doing so there is a click and the number goes solid. Its as if the head position is a gear tooth off from center. There are several Bias adjustments in the adjust menu. Would these correct this issue? There are explainers for the these adjustments do.
So now I am wondering if the mouth wont grab because it doesn't appears centered in the software and there for won't power the magnet and jaw due to alignment. Any suggestions? Drop the stepper motor out and rotate the gear one tooth over?
Let me know you think!
Thanks!

I dont have an answer, But if you are correct, and I think you are, then that would explain some of the issues.
Im wondering if they can fix this in code, so that you can set the Green Position.
If not is there a physical switch hit, to turn it green, and just that needs adjusting, as if it was screwed a hair off?

#1827 4 years ago

Quick update. I’m thrilled I was able to fix the T. rex myself. I was right, screw fell from jaw mech. All working great now.

16B488BA-F48B-46D2-8FAD-2EEBACD7C33B (resized).jpeg16B488BA-F48B-46D2-8FAD-2EEBACD7C33B (resized).jpegD6DF3660-2BFB-4DB0-9C83-452A4DD05639 (resized).jpegD6DF3660-2BFB-4DB0-9C83-452A4DD05639 (resized).jpeg
#1828 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I dont have an answer, But if you are correct, and I think you are, then that would explain some of the issues.
Im wondering if they can fix this in code, so that you can set the Green Position.
If not is there a physical switch hit, to turn it green, and just that needs adjusting, as if it was screwed a hair off?

There is a switch to determine position. Its a small roller on it. I believe this is the source. I loosen and tightened the hex bolt on the shaft of the stepper motor to try and adjust it. No dice. I think it uses the switches to determine its final resting position. While I could adjust the switch arm, that will still leave the head slightly off center to the right (it needs to be one click over to the left).

When playing the heads does center and lower correctly. So perhaps getting the switch to trigger would work? I wonder if the mouth/magnet/jaws require a "correct position" (determined by the switch), to activate.

Stern is sending 2 optos and a new ramp just in case.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully we can determine a fix and get everyone up and running.

#1829 4 years ago

RELEASE THE T-REX #237
lineupnewjp (resized).jpglineupnewjp (resized).jpg

#1830 4 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

There is a switch to determine position. Its a small roller on it. I believe this is the source. I loosen and tightened the hex bolt on the shaft of the stepper motor to try and adjust it. No dice. I think it uses the switches to determine its final resting position. While I could adjust the switch arm, that will still leave the head slightly off center to the right (it needs to be one click over to the left).

When playing the heads does center and lower correctly. So perhaps getting the switch to trigger would work? I wonder if the mouth/magnet/jaws require a "correct position" (determined by the switch), to activate.

All calibration is done is software. Use the last 3 adjustments in the ADJ-GAME menu to calibrate home position bias as well as left and right. If t-rex is dropping too far to the right move the bias a couple steps negative. Too far left move it a couple steps positive.

#1831 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I synced about 59 out of 742 on pin browser. You should be able to see them if you sync with it. I think we may want to start a new thread if we are working with several people on this. Also, I can set up an FTP server if we need to share files and such. Maybe a google drive would work too.
Try syncing it, and check the sound descriptions when you have a chance. Let me know if this format works and I'll finish it over the next week.

If you do start a new thread, can you please post a link here? I cannot contribute but would love to follow the progress. I would gladly put some money to a revised code to help compensate you guys for time.

Thanks a ton for your efforts!!

Brian

#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

All calibration is done is software. Use the last 3 adjustments in the ADJ-GAME menu to calibrate home position bias as well as left and right. If t-rex is dropping too far to the right move the bias a couple steps negative. Too far left move it a couple steps positive.

thanks Keith, added as a Key Post.

#1833 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

RELEASE THE TREX #237[quoted image]

Here we go!!!! We have 2 sightings over Europe of some T-Rex's .

UK in the house.

Congrats and Have Fun!!

#1834 4 years ago

We have lift off outside the USA. Woohoo.

I will add the country after the name of our friends outside North America

001 ???
002 ???
003 ???
004 ???
005 EightBallTexas
006 ???
007 ???
008 ???
009 ???
010 ???
011 cjmjmm2006

026 da_topper
044 medfly
049 PDX-Mike
068 Troutfarm
069 Fxdwg
073 Pickleric
075 Cdonnerusmc
078 charliew65
092 Kvothe
097 bemmett
099 PiperPinball

101 youdontknowme
107 Pinball-NJA
106 Chambahz
119 zavadoza
120 youdontknowme
121 youdontknowme
122 younginvisions
128 Mavantix
130 hassellcastle
135 blimpey
153 Iceman44
154 Mummite
159 catchlight
161 mthirkell
172 Tatman9999
176 Jerol
177 Carz5811
188 Chappie101
191 MikeHogue
196 Aniraf

200 peanuts
218 Arcadem
232 Pingod
237 Neil McRae (UK)
242 gotfrogs
252 vongator
260 t7
263 Aukraut
269 MSLOW
270 C_Presley
272 LodgingDolphin
274 TheGunnett
275 Blakester
278 breger1
290 HawkMoon77

301 FrankMac
310 SunFox
311 JMK
313 scooterd
327 AdamRoss
332 Banker
348 Tacreno
349 EVH347
350 tuflyf
357 NavyStan
362 TimLah79
363 TradesMan
375 dylanfan71
377 Coindropper
378 Burley9043
380 Pinstein
382 RacerX61

408 KevinG
418 BANE
421 Paragon07
442 Gmanrulz46
453 Iceman44
458 GnOsls
467 Elwood.BE (Belgium)
471 Bud
475 ToddW
476 Pbatt
498 Jints56

Have a great weekend folks.

#1835 4 years ago

I am officially in on a Premium. I am converting the loft in my house to have 4 games and JP3 will be the game that will be up against the railing. I like the left side of the cabinet and that is the side you will be able to see from the 1st floor. I bought a few mods while I wait for the game including the amber shooter rod, JP side armor (I usually don't buy the armor but since you will be able to see from 1st floor I decided to give it a shot), raptor pen, speaker lights and speaker acrylic, and plastic protectors. Is there plans for a topper on the game?

#1836 4 years ago

My LE is sitting at my distro waiting for me to go get it. It's about 150 miles away and already have a road trip planned in 11 days but man... I want it NOW!! (My first NIB too).... Will post my LE number once I get it..

#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

My LE is sitting at my distro waiting for me to go get it. It's about 150 miles away and already have a road trip planned in 11 days but man... I want it NOW!! (My first NIB too).... Will post my LE number once I get it..

11 days? Dude its 150 miles. I'd already be on the road.

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just leave now! You'll have the game home within about 5 hours.

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am officially in on a Premium. I am converting the loft in my house to have 4 games and JP3 will be the game that will be up against the railing. I like the left side of the cabinet and that is the side you will be able to see from the 1st floor. I bought a few mods while I wait for the game including the amber shooter rod, JP side armor (I usually don't buy the armor but since you will be able to see from 1st floor I decided to give it a shot), raptor pen, speaker lights and speaker acrylic, and plastic protectors. Is there plans for a topper on the game?

Sounds like you are on a good course...Mods are my kryptonite.

Can you show me the speak Acrylics you bought? I ordered the stickers only.

#1840 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Thanks for posting when you get it.

#1841 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

11 days? Dude its 150 miles. I'd already be on the road.

150 miles in Snow....no thanks...lol

#1842 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

150 miles in Snow....no thanks...lol

LOL.. Americans are so funny....

Snow is usually only in December. Not much different than Vermont. It's nice and sunny and about 50 degrees today (average for this time of year)...

I need to borrow a truck and that's the delay. My truck is dying and I don't have enough confidence in it to drive 300 miles round trip.

#1843 4 years ago

I am not sure I am in love with them but I figured I would give them a shot as they are all I could find. It is worth a try to see how they look if I have to take the grills apart to put in the speaker lights. I would of liked some type of JP logo image better but they probably have to use some generic image because of copywriting.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern/products/jurassic-park-pinball-speaker-acrylics

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Quick update. I’m thrilled I was able to fix the T. rex myself. I was right, screw fell from jaw mech. All working great now.[quoted image][quoted image]

Great news! You may want to consider using lock-tite if it is subject to vibration.

#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

My LE is sitting at my distro waiting for me to go get it. It's about 150 miles

So I'm assuming you are already on your way right now to pick it up, and wrote this message while you were driving there (at a stoplight of course, safety first!)

#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

If you do start a new thread, can you please post a link here? I cannot contribute but would love to follow the progress. I would gladly put some money to a revised code to help compensate you guys for time.
Thanks a ton for your efforts!!
Brian

I started a thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project#post-5274193

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Yes please! I was going to start doing that too.

#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

So I'm assuming you are already on your way right now to pick it up, and wrote this message while you were driving there (at a stoplight of course, safety first!)

I wish!!

May need to call in sick next week lol. Distro is only open weekdays 8-4.

#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Yes please! I was going to start doing that too.

I'll take care of that over the next week. Since we have at least 3 of us already working on it, I created this thread to help keep the communication focused and not flood this thread as much:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project#post-5274193

#1850 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

LOL.. Americans are so funny....
Snow is usually only in December. Not much different than Vermont. It's nice and sunny and about 50 degrees today (average for this time of year)...
I need to borrow a truck and that's the delay. My truck is dying and I don't have enough confidence in it to drive 300 miles round trip.

In that case.....rent a uhaul for the day....problem solved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/37?hl=pbatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.