(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 185.
#1751 4 years ago

Got mine ( premium ) tonight from GAP, working great outta the box. Need to install a ton of mods and get all my powdercoating on.

20191023_215242 (resized).jpg20191023_215242 (resized).jpg20191023_215316 (resized).jpg20191023_215316 (resized).jpg20191023_211641 (resized).jpg20191023_211641 (resized).jpg
#1752 4 years ago

Went to play a quick game this morning before work and in addition to my T Rex jaw not working, 1/2 the GI and the third flipper weren’t working. What the hell?! Now I’m just frustrated and disappointed. I’ll be calling Stern this afternoon.

#1753 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Went to play a quick game this morning before work and in addition to my T Rex jaw not working, 1/2 the GI and the third flipper weren’t working. What the hell?! Now I’m just frustrated and disappointed. I’ll be calling Stern this afternoon.

Have you checked all of the connectors to see if anything is loose?

#1754 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Have you checked all of the connectors to see if anything is loose?

I will, I didn’t have time this morning... I figured I’ll see what I can figure out and then call Stern. I have to call them about the T. rex anyway

#1755 4 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

I think they are working on mitigating the rejects.
I have seen multiple posts in this thread about how to adjust the mech properly. In addition it seems that lowering the right flipper default power in the last code update had also helped with rejects on my game.

Can you point me at these please.

Thanks!

Peter

#1756 4 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

Can you point me at these please.
Thanks!
Peter

See the following posts in this thread:
622, 885, 1133

#1757 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

First thing I'd do for the lights is check for an over current in the system menu. It may be a short on a Node Board preventing an over current and the 3rd flipper is tied to the same board the GI string is on. Not looking at the manual so just a guess. Had this happen to my Star Wars when I first got it... Aside from a pinched GI light under the flipper housing, I also had a super small piece of copper or some metal shaving that was in one of the GI sockets...took me a month to find it as it would short the socket only once in a while with the right vibration. Get a small vacuum and clean out each GI socket on the string and pull and reset each bulb...I would start there before really performing any major surgery.

#1758 4 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

See the following posts in this thread:
622, 885, 1133

Thank you! I have read through and printed those out. I will try those adjustments and let you know what I can work out. Would be interesting to see if this solves the issue.

Thanks again for the links!

#1759 4 years ago

Aloha All,

My buddy and I did a few mods last night and all went great.

PinWoofer super kit is installed and rocking the house. I did the 2 amps and the sub-woofer as the back speakers on my LE are good. I love the little magnets on the back to just stick it to the metal . Brilliant. As you can see I am a fan of this product.

We also installed the new plastic sliders, its just so smooth and no loud noises anymore pushing the play-field over the hump. Always made me a little nervous on how you had to give it a jerk to go over..... Problem solved.

Did some small stuff , new silicone flippers...no need to explain what a difference those little babies make.

Lot's to do on round 2 next week.

Anyone know who sells those little covers for the metal screws all over the PF , I saw it at the show but didn't buy any. I want to order them in black.

That's it for today.

Let's start planing a nice get together for TPF which is a few miles from me . Who wants the best steak and beer? I can be a tour guide and work cheap. LOL.

Have a good one folks.

#1760 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

We also installed the new plastic sliders, its just so smooth and no loud noises anymore pushing the play-field over the hump. Always made me a little nervous on how you had to give it a jerk to go over..... Problem solved.

I only have one pin at home (for the next week anyways), a NIB SW Premium, the slide rails have a smooth rail that goes all the way back to the blocks with no bump, nice and smooth...Did they go back to the old bump style on the latest Sterns? I really like the factory smoothness on the SW. Got a NIB JP Premium on the way.

20191024_122356 (resized).jpg20191024_122356 (resized).jpg20191024_122409 (resized).jpg20191024_122409 (resized).jpg
#1761 4 years ago

Found my GI/flipper problem. Shaker motor must have shaken my Pinstadium light free and the cord fell in between the right flipper switch rendering it all useless. Easy fix. Now on to the T. rex jaw.

#1762 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Found my GI/flipper problem. Shaker motor must have shaken my Pinstadium light free and the cord fell in between the right flipper switch rendering it all useless. Easy fix. Now on to the T. rex jaw.

Glad you got it worked out

#1763 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

It is a powerful shaker. Zip tie anything loose!

#1764 4 years ago

Has someone installed convolux ? Which color is the best choice ? Green or yellow ?

#1765 4 years ago

My premium was delivered but unfortunately I had to decline shipment.

It was delivered with a hole through the box. So bummed, I now have to wait for it to be shipped back to stern and get a new decal.

62DBA705-3C7E-4F00-AA8D-8949E3F43430 (resized).jpeg62DBA705-3C7E-4F00-AA8D-8949E3F43430 (resized).jpeg
#1766 4 years ago

I'm still waiting to hear anything solid from my distro. He keeps pushing me back on dates and has gone silent recently. Deposit was paid July 23 before premiums were ever shown. Hopefully soon but I'm seeing lots of people get their premiums and many preordered much later than me. Yes I'm jealous! I go on vacation soon so I'm sure I'll get notification once I head out of town.

#1767 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

It was delivered with a hole through the box. So bummed, I now have to wait for it to be shipped back to stern and get a new decal.[quoted image]

Thats sucks, mine was a small penny size scratch so I took it and stern will send out new art.

#1768 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

You're a more patient man than me. At this point I don't know if I could let a JP2 premium escape my clutches.

#1769 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You're a more patient man than me. At this point I don't know if I could let a JP2 premium escape my clutches.

It was a hard decision to decline it but knowing that big scratch was there would annoy me. Plus I have no experience applying a decal myself. I’d rather have stern do it and wait a bit more. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long to turn around. Guessing 2-3 weeks?

#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

It was delivered with a hole through the box. So bummed, I now have to wait for it to be shipped back to stern and get a new decal.[quoted image]

Definitely would have declined that. 9 k machine, get a mint one. Same thing happened when I got my Star Wars LE, I was like nope. New one came in < 1 week.

#1771 4 years ago

Does anyone elses T Rex hit the left power line thing with its head at times?

#1772 4 years ago

For the guys who got their premium machine already can you list the distributor as I'm curious.

Thanks

#1773 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the guys who got their premium machine already can you list the distributor as I'm curious.
Thanks

Mine is with FedEx, home delivery scheduled Monday (they ran out of delivery slots for tomorrow even though it's getting to the Austin terminal tonight). I went with Fun! Billiards and Gameroom Superstore in Dallas.

#1774 4 years ago

I know I saw this before, but where/how do I hook up an led strip on this baby. My Prem came yesterday, including a Keith Elwin autograph on the translite. So pumped i bought an LED strip off of amazon without researching if or how to use it!!

thanks!!!!

#1775 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Do you mean the wires or the post the wires are attached to? Mine hit the wires but I just bent the wires out of the way so it wouldn't happen anymore.

#1776 4 years ago

Apologize if this has been covered before. Received my Prem yesterday. When I was at Expo, when I played the Prem, when TREX grabbed the ball in his mouth, when he let it go, it would be dropped on the wireform. Mine drops a little bit short every time (hits the left rail of the wireform and falls to the playfield...is it supposed to hit the wireform? Is there an adjustment that can be made on the TREX to move it slightly right?

Also curious about an adjustment in the ADJ menu. #225. If you change it to throw the ball or not, there is no change on mine. Should it be throwing the ball a distance or just dropping it like on the other setting?

Thanks,

Hogey

#1777 4 years ago

@Hogey: on my LE, the T-Rex drops the ball every time on the wireform.
I’m not aware of which adjustment should be made to adjust your T-Rex to the right.
I think on my third T-Rex event he sometimes tosses the ball a bit in a different area of the pf. I haven’t changed my settings from default.

Perhaps someone can jump in and offer some suggestions for adjusting the T-Rex.

#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My LE even hits the left fence post itself. But I've also had a ton of other problems with it. Finally getting someone over to resolve in a week or so. I'll post details when it's fixed. Hopefully that info will help others like yourself.

#1779 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Give them a call if you can. There might be something funky going on with their email.

They finally responded today, they still haven't received them. Supposed to be next week.

#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I'm in the same camp here...I can't listen to that fake Samuel L voice anymore! If anyone comes up with a nice set of callouts, please let me know.

I've taken it upon myself to extract and polish any SLJ sound bites and others straight from the movie. Unfortunately there aren't that many to work with for SLJ but I've got a decent collection going. Also many of the iconic ones have tons of background noise/music I have to methodically reduce. I'll find an appropriate way to share once I have a good amount. This is a lot of work so I may ask for a small donation for the effort.

#1781 4 years ago

Today I got word that my Premium will be ready to pick up next week.

#1782 4 years ago
Quoted from S-Miles:

Today I got word that my Premium will be ready to pick up next week.

Congrats

#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I've taken it upon myself to extract and polish any SLJ sound bites and others straight from the movie. Unfortunately there aren't that many to work with for SLJ but I've got a decent collection going. Also many of the iconic ones have tons of background noise/music I have to methodically reduce. I'll find an appropriate way to share once I have a good amount. This is a lot of work so I may ask for a small donation for the effort.

Would be happy to pay - thanks for doing that!

#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Hogey: on my LE, the T-Rex drops the ball every time on the wireform.
I’m not aware of which adjustment should be made to adjust your T-Rex to the right.
I think on my third T-Rex event he sometimes tosses the ball a bit in a different area of the pf. I haven’t changed my settings from default.
Perhaps someone can jump in and offer some suggestions for adjusting the T-Rex.

Mine also drops the ball on the wire. I have yet to see it toss the ball. I did finally pick up some fossil bonuses tonight.

The missile I cant seem to make.

#1785 4 years ago
#1786 4 years ago

@eightballtexas: Agreed, the missile is a tough shot.
I find the truck (and attached balls) are often partially blocking that shot making it very narrow and tough to be successful.
Is there enough time on the missile count down to shoot the ball up the middle to have it fall into the pops and ricochet off that missile target?

#1787 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mine does as well. It didn’t when I first got it though.

#1788 4 years ago

Question for all who went to Expo in Chicago??

I am trying to find the vendor who only sold shooter rods. It was a husband and wife team, on the older side and super nice. It was up against the wall as you came in on one side.

They made some glass / resin stuff that is spectacular . I have the lighted rod from JP coming but they made a glass TREX that is one notch above the rest.

Thanks for the help.

#1789 4 years ago

I am trying to find the vendor who only sold shooter rods. It was a husband and wife team, on the older side and super nice. It was up against the wall as you came in on one side.
They made some glass / resin stuff that is spectacular . I have the lighted rod from JP coming but they made a glass TREX that is one notch above the rest.
Thanks for the help.

Now I’m curious. I love glass.

#1790 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

It was a hard decision to decline it

You did the right thing.

#1791 4 years ago

Thanks for the help.

Super skill shot shooters

#1792 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Now I’m curious. I love glass.

When you see there stuff it will blow you away....small little table but great pieces. The did a Houdini one with a coin that he got at some Houdini convention...way cool if I had that machine.

#1793 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

They finally responded today, they still haven't received them. Supposed to be next week.

I'm hearing that Stern chose to list their limited stock on their site and ship new orders placed their first. Even though they accepted orders from their distributors months ago. Seems like a weird decision to me.

#1794 4 years ago
73904400-FA8D-47EB-8498-7D06FD751EEC (resized).png73904400-FA8D-47EB-8498-7D06FD751EEC (resized).png
#1795 4 years ago

Any premium playfield issues yet?

#1796 4 years ago
Quoted from S-Miles:

Super skill shot shooters

You are the MAN!!!!! Beer on me if you come to TPF.

Thanks sooooo much for finding that.

My pal is going to be very happy.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1797 4 years ago
5511397A-FE81-47F4-8769-18C9237C5824 (resized).png5511397A-FE81-47F4-8769-18C9237C5824 (resized).png
#1798 4 years ago
Quoted from S-Miles:

[quoted image]

I was posting as you were....thanks again.

#1799 4 years ago

Thats sucks, mine was a small penny size scratch so I took it and stern will send out new art.

Isn’t it a real pain to change those decals? I just bought Rad Cals for my POTC. Dreading the install.

#1800 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Isn’t it a real pain to change those decals? I just bought Rad Cals for my POTC. Dreading the install.

My buddy installed right over the existing decals....they look great

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/36?hl=wfumed2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.