(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,221 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 185.
#1701 4 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1702 4 years ago

Just bought a JP LE should be here in a couple of days! Is there any specific posts I should look at for tweaking my machine?

I've owned a Guardians and there were a few issues with the drop target and right orbit that needed attention.

Anything like that on JP? Also any areas that have lots of dimpling that might require mylar or anything? I have the plastic protector set coming from Mezels, but no shooter lane protector as of yet was thinking I would just add some mylar to that.

Any help is much appreciated!

#1703 4 years ago

The Dinosaurs are taking over!

JP2 (resized).jpgJP2 (resized).jpg
#1704 4 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

The Dinosaurs are taking over![quoted image]

Congrats.

#1705 4 years ago

I am sure this has been talked about...but I'm inept at finding the details on the forums . I thought that the T Rex was supposed to randomly throw the ball, not just set it on the wireform. Is there a setting that I'm missing?

Thanks for the help!

#1706 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Very interested in messing with this myself, delt31. Could you please share a link to how you're doing this? Using pinball browser I assume? I found a few links to it but I'm unsure which is the latest/most legit version. I'd also like to know if there are any cautions or best practices to consider when doing so. Especially if you can run the risk of bricking the machine, voiding warranty (I assume that's a given), etc. Thanks!

I'm in the same camp here...I can't listen to that fake Samuel L voice anymore! If anyone comes up with a nice set of callouts, please let me know.

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I am sure this has been talked about...but I'm inept at finding the details on the forums . I thought that the T Rex was supposed to randomly throw the ball, not just set it on the wireform. Is there a setting that I'm missing?
Thanks for the help!

Yes there’s a setting in the menu that toggles the throw on or off. I forget where it is in the menu though.

#1708 4 years ago

I’m having a bunch of people over Friday including tons and tons of little kids I’m freaking out because I don’t want any scratches to my machines. I was thinking of wrapping them all up in plastic . What would u guys do ? Just let loose and damage happens it happens ?

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Just bought a JP LE should be here in a couple of days! Is there any specific posts I should look at for tweaking my machine?
I've owned a Guardians and there were a few issues with the drop target and right orbit that needed attention.
Anything like that on JP? Also any areas that have lots of dimpling that might require mylar or anything? I have the plastic protector set coming from Mezels, but no shooter lane protector as of yet was thinking I would just add some mylar to that.
Any help is much appreciated!

I had to adjust the height of my T-Rex bracket, but they may be setting them up differently now so you might not need to. Some have had issues with the raptor tail getting caught on the plastic behind it. Check the posts at the ramp entrances and the post protecting the upper flipper for tightness. I decreased flipper power settings in order for some shots to be more makable. I also adjusted the angle of the ball guide leading to the upper flipper to have the ball come off the guide and roll down closer to the face of the flipper, but again that was a personal preference type of adjustment. Doesn’t seem like there’s too much tinkering needed on this machine though, and I can’t think of any widespread issues to address. It’s been a blast to play and to own so far.

#1710 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Has anyone who pre-ordered the amber rod from Little Shop of Games gotten shipping confirmation or received theirs? I've sent them 2 emails the past 2 weeks and they haven't responded.

Give them a call if you can. There might be something funky going on with their email.

#1711 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Thanks for the help!

It depends on the Trex mode. I think the Trex rampage mode is the most violent. The Trex chase drops it more gently. When the Trex is activated, you hit the jeep to select between 3 or 4 different Trex modes. She responds differently in each of those modes.

#1712 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Thanks for the help!

First, make sure the menu setting allows it. After that, it depends on the T-rex mode. I think the T-rex rampage mode has the most violent throw. The T-rex chase drops it more gently. When the T-rex is activated, you hit the jeep to select between 3 or 4 different T-rex modes, and then hit the T-rex ramp to start that mode. She responds differently in each of those modes.

#1713 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’m having a bunch of people over Friday including tons and tons of little kids I’m freaking out because I don’t want any scratches to my machines. I was thinking of wrapping them all up in plastic . What would u guys do ? Just let loose and damage happens it happens ?

Just let them know the rules as far as not eating or drinking while playing etc. I wouldn’t worry to much about the machines getting scratched up. You may need to clean the glass afterwards though haha.

#1714 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Woah... you let children play with your pins? That's risky
Seriously though, when I have kids that aren't used to such things over, I keep the door closed, and when everyone gets there, I make an announcement that I'm opening up the arcade. Then they all filter in and I can give them a quick talk about how you play and handle the machine (like not banging the glass or sliding things around the cabinet). I also keep all of the keys out of reach.

I watch them for a few minutes as they get started and make sure no one is holding any pens, anything sharp, etc... The machines are solid though. They can take some abuse... ike a 5 year old climbing on top of the glass and jumping on it, for example. Guess how I know.

#1715 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Woah... you let children play with your pins? That's risky
Seriously though, when I have kids that aren't used to such things over, I keep the door closed, and when everyone gets there, I make an announcement that I'm opening up the arcade. Then they all filter in and I can give them a quick talk about how you play and handle the machine (like not banging the glass or sliding things around the cabinet). I also keep all of the keys out of reach.
I watch them for a few minutes as they get started and make sure no one is holding any pens, anything sharp, etc... The machines are solid though. They can take some abuse... ike a 5 year old climbing on top of the glass and jumping on it, for example. Guess how I know.

Lol.. I let hundreds of little kids beat the living crap out of my pinball machines every weekend on location.. and you know what they are literally absolutely fine. Commercial machines and all. It’s a pinball machine, not a Ferrari California.

#1716 4 years ago

LSOG just emailed back....2 weeks is what Stern is telling them for the LED shooter rods.

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

LSOG just emailed back....2 weeks is what Stern is telling them for the LED shooter rods.

When I was in the store at stern under lock and key , I only saw like 10.

#1718 4 years ago

My lit shooter rod shipped from Stern yesterday.

#1719 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I had to adjust the height of my T-Rex bracket, but they may be setting them up differently now so you might not need to. Some have had issues with the raptor tail getting caught on the plastic behind it. Check the posts at the ramp entrances and the post protecting the upper flipper for tightness. I decreased flipper power settings in order for some shots to be more makable. I also adjusted the angle of the ball guide leading to the upper flipper to have the ball come off the guide and roll down closer to the face of the flipper, but again that was a personal preference type of adjustment. Doesn’t seem like there’s too much tinkering needed on this machine though, and I can’t think of any widespread issues to address. It’s been a blast to play and to own so far.

That is what it seemed like skimming everything I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

What did you lower the power to on your flippers? If you don't mind me asking always nice to have some fine tuned shots! haha

#1720 4 years ago

My rod was just shipped....now waiting on Box.

#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

That is what it seemed like skimming everything I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
What did you lower the power to on your flippers? If you don't mind me asking always nice to have some fine tuned shots! haha

I went to 248 on the lower flippers and 243 on the upper. One other thing I remember. You might end up wanting to bend the gate behind the spinner a bit so it doesn’t stick out into the orbit quite as far. It’s a bit of a ball trap there.

#1722 4 years ago

055004FD-4BEA-43A0-9202-9885A531ACD6 (resized).jpeg055004FD-4BEA-43A0-9202-9885A531ACD6 (resized).jpeg
Shooter rod received and installed. It really looks nice!!!
5CD1B190-D28D-45AB-BBC3-3EB9F5B76E01 (resized).jpeg5CD1B190-D28D-45AB-BBC3-3EB9F5B76E01 (resized).jpeg
15A1E4A9-B623-44F6-A3B1-3358DC9CE8AD (resized).jpeg15A1E4A9-B623-44F6-A3B1-3358DC9CE8AD (resized).jpeg

#1723 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes there’s a setting in the menu that toggles the throw on or off. I forget where it is in the menu though.

There is a literal "throw" option I have set to yes, but it doesn't throw the ball. If anyone knows the exact setting, let me know because I wasn't seeing anything else.

#1724 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Lol.. I let hundreds of little kids beat the living crap out of my pinball machines every weekend on location.. and you know what they are literally absolutely fine. Commercial machines and all. It’s a pinball machine, not a Ferrari California.

Yeah, I can vouch for that. As long as they aren't carrying Sharpies, you're probably fine.

#1725 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

My lit shooter rod shipped from Stern yesterday.

Mine shooter rod and side armor shipped from Stern today too.

#1726 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

There is a literal "throw" option I have set to yes, but it doesn't throw the ball. If anyone knows the exact setting, let me know because I wasn't seeing anything else.

Try removing the glass and manually start a Trex mode. Then adjust the car so you start the other modes like Trex rampage. See how it responds in each mode.

#1727 4 years ago

Hey there. #476 here in Austin Texas. My first LE (and kinda my wifes pin . . ).

Got a question for you- Anyone having issues with the T Rex not grabbing the ball? Mine rarley does. Tech support contacted, but I though I'd ask here.

Thanks!

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from PBatt:

Hey there. #476 here in Austin Texas. My first LE (and kinda my wifes pin . . ).
Got a question for you- Anyone having issues with the T Rex not grabbing the ball? Mine rarley does. Tech support contacted, but I though I'd ask here.
Thanks!

A few of us are in this boat. Mine won't grab the ball (more than 1/50 times) even with the glass off, and a ball fed... I am still (3 weeks later) still awaiting any resolution. I contacted them less than 24 hrs after delivery and nothing yet. It seems to be a few of us with T-Rex's have defective magnets or similar... so I still patiently await. I'd contact your dealer and then Chaz @ Stern... patiently waiting! I even left a message for my distributor's service team and have still not heard back.

#1729 4 years ago

So I setup my new pin. T. rex head moving around (kinda loud) but mouth won’t open. I can manually open it. What am I missing?

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from scooterd:

A few of us are in this boat. Mine won't grab the ball (more than 1/50 times) even with the glass off, and a ball fed... I am still (3 weeks later) still awaiting any resolution. I contacted them less than 24 hrs after delivery and nothing yet. It seems to be a few of us with T-Rex's have defective magnets or similar... so I still patiently await. I'd contact your dealer and then Chaz @ Stern... patiently waiting! I even left a message for my distributor's service team and have still not heard back.

I spoke with Pablo today. Nice guy. He seemed surprised by the issue. Then he asked if the ball was "jumping" over the opto. Which appears to be the issue. We have tested the pin and the opto is working. However the ball either moves to quickly (not probable) or its catching air and just passing over the opto. So that leave replacing the opto, replacing the ramp or both. I personally think its an alignment issue. Perhaps the opto needs to face slightly upward to see the ball. And the ramp shape is slightly off and pointing them down.

I'll stay on them and see what we can solve!

#1731 4 years ago

At this point I would strongly recommend anyone without significant pinball experience or just general mechanical aptitude to avoid buying premiums/LEs. Most of the extras on these games require adjustments, tweaks, or flat-out homebrew re-engineering.

I'm not saying the extras aren't cool or worth it. I mean, I ordered a JP2 premium. But I can't think of a single pro that is more of a maintenance headache than its high-dollar counterparts.

#1732 4 years ago

I have mechanical aptitude but can’t figure why the mouth won’t open. If you manually lower the bottom jaw you should feel a spring like resistance right?

#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

At this point I would strongly recommend anyone without significant pinball experience or just general mechanical aptitude to avoid buying premiums/LEs. Most of the extras on these games require adjustments, tweaks, or flat-out homebrew re-engineering.
I'm not saying the extras aren't cool or worth it. I mean, I ordered a JP2 premium. But I can't think of a single pro that is more of a maintenance headache than its high-dollar counterparts.

Yep…took me ~1 month to fully dial-in my IMDN Premium. Since this is a hobby for me, it was fun trying to diagnose/fix issues, however I still shake my head that we "pay up" for some modest mechs and they (i.e. Stern) can't design/build mechs that work. Based on 15 years of owning games, it just seems like the schedules don't allow for any iteration or quality assurance.

#1735 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Even if you do have mechanical aptitude it's still nice to buy a game and not have to constantly tweak and adjust features to get them to work 100%. I was convinced on a JP2 Premium but then I played it a bunch at Expo and now I'm leaning toward's a Pro. Had a couple ball hang-ups on the up down bank and some TRex rejects. Plus having to worry about the long term reliability of that mech. Sometimes it's nice just to be able to play the game and not worry about that stuff. The gameplay really didn't seem that much different from the Pro either. I have no regrets going with a Pro on KME's other game. Other than change out the shooter spring I don't think I've ever had to make another adjustment or even take the glass off

#1736 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ve had my machine for a week now and just saw the trex throw the ball the first time last night. It took me getting to rampage mode.

It hasn’t done it in any other mode as of yet, I haven’t got that deep in the game yet but wanted to share my experience.

#1737 4 years ago

So it seems the general consensus is there are problems with the trex mech. I really hope they get it figured out. My LE comes Saturday and I’m stoked. Would be a huge bummer if the main mech doesn’t work right and Stern tech support takes more than three weeks to even get back to me ugh.

#1738 4 years ago

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post up number when you get it.

#1739 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So it seems the general consensus is there are problems with the trex mech. I really hope they get it figured out. My LE comes Saturday and I’m stoked. Would be a huge bummer if the main mech doesn’t work right and Stern tech support takes more than three weeks to even get back to me ugh.

Vocal minority will never be general consensus. Someone whos mech is working fine isn't going to post. That's a long list of LE owners already and only a few are having issues. Out of fifty games (atleast one trex mode per game) so far on my premium, I've only had a few rejects and wouldn't even consider them rejects. Just weak shots that activate the opto but not strong enough to make it to the magnet.

#1740 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Vocal minority will never be general consensus. Someone whos mech is working fine isn't going to post. That's a long list of LE owners already and only a few are having issues. Out of fifty games (atleast one trex mode per game) so far on my premium, I've only had a few rejects and wouldn't even consider them rejects. Just weak shots that activate the opto but not strong enough to make it to the magnet.

Good to know. Yes of course people with problems say more than those without any. It just is starting to seem like there are enough that’s it’s not just a random poor assembly or broken part. Hopefully that isn’t the case. I’ve had three Sterns already and three more coming Saturday. Up to this point I’ve been very happy with build quality.

#1741 4 years ago

I think they are working on mitigating the rejects.
I have seen multiple posts in this thread about how to adjust the mech properly. In addition it seems that lowering the right flipper default power in the last code update had also helped with rejects on my game.

#1742 4 years ago

Stern website sold out on Amber shooter rods. Will they do another run? Anywhere else I can get one?

#1743 4 years ago

So got a chance to dive in a bit more and troubleshoot. I hear a click of when I do a coil test to open mouth but no go. Thoughts?

#1744 4 years ago

You found one this late in the game? I’m surprised. I couldn’t find one last week.

#1745 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

So got a chance to dive in a bit more and troubleshoot. I hear a click of when I do a coil test to open mouth but no go. Thoughts?

Any chance there is a wire tie from shipping in there?

#1746 4 years ago

Still waiting for my shooter rod to ship and I ordered it early Saturday. Come on Stern how long does it take to chuck one of those into a box?

#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Any chance there is a wire tie from shipping in there?

I looked and found nothing. If I hear a subtle click on coil test, maybe my jaw coil is working but something else is not? Should I call my distributor or Stern?

#1748 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep…took me ~1 month to fully dial-in my IMDN Premium. Since this is a hobby for me, it was fun trying to diagnose/fix issues, however I still shake my head that we "pay up" for some modest mechs and they (i.e. Stern) can't design/build mechs that work. Based on 15 years of owning games, it just seems like the schedules don't allow for any iteration or quality assurance.

I was with you on IMDN, sold it because of all the issues.

IMHO, the last two Stern pins are a big upgrade in overall quality from IMDN.

I felt like i could pick up IMDN and spin it on my finger like a basketball.

Not a single issue for me on MunstersLE and JPLE, corner brackets, heavier sturdier build, etc. Very pleased.

#1749 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I would echo this. Mine is not perfect, but it is palatable. I would say I am somewhere in the 50% range as it takes a nice clean shot on mine, but the code seems to handle it regardless of if the trex literally grabs the ball or not.

I absolutely agree that Stern should keep on it as it is a fun feature, but I wouldn’t shy away from the game based on the issues I have experienced.

Granted, these things are like snowflakes…so good luck .

#1750 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I’ve had my machine for a week now and just saw the trex throw the ball the first time last night. It took me getting to rampage mode.
It hasn’t done it in any other mode as of yet, I haven’t got that deep in the game yet but wanted to share my experience.

That is helpful. I would love if it was correlated with rampage mode .

I’ll do some tests with the glass off ASAP. Thank you for letting me know!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/35?hl=pbatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.