(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 185.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Are you sure? Maybe it was a temporary thing, but it looks like it is working now.

Thanks I picked one up. I decided to go for the side armor too. I usually don't buy the armor but I am going to have it on my loft of my house and you will be able to see the side of the game from the bottom floor. Thought it might look nice. I will let people know how they look.

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Jurassic Park, Stryper LE [quoted image][quoted image]

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#1603 4 years ago

***PREMIUM UPDATE***

Just sent my distributor an inquiry for the heck of it and got this reply within a minute:

LOL I was literally just writing you an email!!!

I have confirmation it is shipping TODAY so you should see if by Friday.

#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Are you sure? Maybe it was a temporary thing, but it looks like it is working now.

Thanks for the update as well! I guess if I ordered a shooter rod, I should buy the pin to go with it?

#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

***PREMIUM UPDATE***
Just sent my distributor an inquiry for the heck of it and got this reply within a minute:
LOL I was literally just writing you an email!!!
I have confirmation it is shipping TODAY so you should see if by Friday.

That’s it, I’m emailing and asking!

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Thanks for the update as well! I guess if I ordered a shooter rod, I should buy the pin to go with it?

Nows that's the spirit.

#1607 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Nows that's the spirit.

Just tried again stern website still says sold out

#1608 4 years ago

Jurassic Park, Stryper LE [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah nevermind that it was a pro for around $7500 if I remember right.

#1609 4 years ago

Jurassic Park, Stryper LE

I think that game looks bad. I was actually thinking about getting the caution stickers around the coin door but I think I might pass on that now too. Once you see the Stryper edition it is hard to get that out of your brain (not in a good way).

#1610 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Let me make a call and see how many we can buy or the status....back in a few.

#1611 4 years ago

Let me make a call and see how many we can buy or the status....back in a few.

Please keep us posted I kind of want one . Thanks

#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I had no problem with this just now. Perhaps if you delete you internet cache or history?

#1613 4 years ago

To the guy complaining about the modfather rod, just get your money back. He is very easy to work with and is very talented. He will have no issue refunding. Not sure why you're using this forum to continue bashing his work.

As for my premium, my distro said the same thing.... Shipping today. Hey it later this week.

Now I'm off to fix the audio clips. I just really need to remove the angry guy with the accent as he's the worst.

.... And yes original voices will just soothe my JP soul. It's definitely necessary. Will share with the group of course just like my GB premium code

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Yep, I'm getting "Sold Out" when trying to check out. Were you able to order one?

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Yep, I'm getting "Sold Out" when trying to check out. Were you able to order one?

I placed the order shortly before posting. I rechecked my e-mail just now and it says the order was received and the item is being prepared for shipment. So I guess it went through. BUT, when I go into the checkout process now, it is saying "sold out" again. So I guess they are just selling fast, or it's a low stock item.

#1616 4 years ago

I ordered a rod from Little house of games. It says “processing.” Sent message asking to verify status....crickets.

#1617 4 years ago

Doesn’t work for me guess it’s good news either don’t have to spend more money or u guys can just buy me one .

#1618 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

To the guy complaining about the modfather rod, just get your money back. He is very easy to work with and is very talented. He will have no issue refunding. Not sure why you're using this forum to continue bashing his work.
As for my premium, my distro said the same thing.... Shipping today. Hey it later this week.
Now I'm off to fix the audio clips. I just really need to remove the angry guy with the accent as he's the worst.
.... And yes original voices will just soothe my JP soul. It's definitely necessary. Will share with the group of course just like my GB premium code

Please setup a donation spot for yourself or charity!
We appreciate your work!

#1619 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Actually I take this back as being fixed. Still having the issue. Curious if anyone can give me some advice on how this is supposed to be situated?
The counterbalance appeared to get stuck again above the plastic guard. The problem is if I tighten it to much then there's enough clearance to catch the nut at the bottom to the top of the plastic edge. If I loosen it so there's almost no way the counterbalance can breach the plastic edge but it still gets stuck b/c it's made up of a bunch of separate washers.
What I also think I've realized is there is an additional issue with the mold of the toy itself. There are 2 ways for it to get stuck 1) the counterbalance getting caught or 2) the mold of the body catching the mold of the leg and sticking. No adjustment to the joint seems to make a difference here. Given #2 I don't think there's anything I can do to fully stop this from happening. Should I just ask Stern to send me a full replacement of the entire assembly? Also does anyone know if the plastic guard is supposed to stop the counterbalance or is it supposed to clear it?[quoted image][quoted image]

For anyone who's had similar raptor getting stuck issues that I have... This is going to be quite the rant, but meant to be more-so educational, I promise. I finally got a replacement raptor from Stern today. From the looks of it it seemed like a quick swap, just unscrew the plastic top guard behind, unscrew the feet, done. NOPE.

PSA: The hardware that holds the feet is nothing but a screw up from the underside and a nut on the top of the pit top plastic, nothing holding it together other than that. To my utter dismay, as soon as i unscrewed one of the feet, down went the screw. Same thing happened on the second foot. There is no mechanism/washer/plug that will hold those screws in place,
they will drop out if you try this and be near impossible to re-fasten.

I ended up having to remove almost every rod and screw from the entire cage assembly, including the tower ramp, just to get enough room to get some kind of tool under the cage top. And even after doing so I still could not get to the underside to get a sideways screwdriver in. If i wanted to take it completely off I would have had to un-mount every drop target within and pray that no solder joints came loose. I wasn't about to do that... So i had to try my best to wedge needle nose pliers to hold onto each underside screw and re-fasten the nuts from the top. Took me almost 3 hours with countless dropping of screws, etc.

The real kicker is that in the end, absolutely NO difference. The new raptor had the exact same issue as the original (counterbalance sticking above the plastic guard and stuck at the leg joints due to the poor mold). So at that point I stole a washer/magnet from the old raptor's counterbalance and added it to the new. That was actually what resolved the issue. I really wish I had just done that first. Lesson learned.

They need to put enough washers to a) weigh the body back down and b) avoid the counterbalance from getting stuck above the plastic guard. Man, this was terrible. Sorry I didn't take any pics, hopefully my description makes sense and no one else runs into this when trying to replace their raptor.

Anyway, educational newbie pin owner rant over. I'm stoked to see that damn raptor stand back up now. LOL

#1620 4 years ago

downloaded the code and going through the voice samples to replace.....wow there is a ton of voice clips. Crazy amount. That angry guy with the accent recorded a ton of lines - majority not good. I just want to put in the proper welcome to JP, hold on to you butts and some other classics to replace the worst of the new stuff.

#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

For anyone who's had similar raptor getting stuck issues that I have... This is going to be quite the rant, but meant to be more-so educational, I promise. I finally got a replacement raptor from Stern today. From the looks of it it seemed like a quick swap, just unscrew the plastic top guard behind, unscrew the feet, done. NOPE.

PSA: The hardware that holds the feet is nothing but a screw up from the underside and a nut on the top of the pit top plastic, nothing holding it together other than that. To my utter dismay, as soon as i unscrewed one of the feet, down went the screw. Same thing happened on the second foot. There is no mechanism/washer/plug that will hold those screws in place,

I ended up having to remove almost every rod and screw from the entire cage assembly, including the tower ramp, just to get enough room to get some kind of tool under the cage top. And even after doing so I still could not get to the underside to get a sideways screwdriver in. If i wanted to take it completely off I would have had to un-mount every drop target within and pray that no solder joints came loose. I wasn't about to do that... So i had to try my best to wedge needle nose pliers to hold onto each underside screw and re-fasten the nuts from the top. Took me almost 3 hours with countless dropping of screws, etc.
The real kicker is that in the end, absolutely NO difference. The new raptor had the exact same issue as the original (counterbalance sticking above the plastic guard and stuck at the leg joints due to the poor mold). So at that point I stole a washer/magnet from the old raptor's counterbalance and added it to the new. That was actually what resolved the issue. I really wish I had just done that first. Lesson learned.
They need to put enough washers to a) weigh the body back down and b) avoid the counterbalance from getting stuck above the plastic guard. Man, this was terrible. Sorry I didn't take any pics, hopefully my description makes sense and no one else runs into this when trying to replace their raptor.
Anyway, educational newbie pin owner rant over. I'm stoked to see that damn raptor stand back up now. LOL

Appreciate the warning and advice. Nothing drives me more nuts about pinball design than when I have to remove a part that I know as soon as I loosen it the screw or nut will fall into the damn abyss! First few times this happened I was screaming and hollering until I finally found the part. Now I’m used to it so I stay calm unless I can’t find the part after 30 minutes of looking. So far eight pins and all dropped parts I managed to find eventually. Hopefully I don’t have to change my raptor.

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

My raptor was leaning forward, face planting into the plastic. I propped him back up, then tightened the screw on the raptors right side (the outer side of the pin) that goes through his hip.
Works like a charm.
Sorry about your issue. Been there, done that. Glad you got it resolved in the end.

#1623 4 years ago

I didn't even know there's a moving raptor, now I need to look at mine it's probably stuck.

#1624 4 years ago

Any Aussie LE buyers know when they’re landing?

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I didn't even know there's a moving raptor, now I need to look at mine it's probably stuck.

Yeah my raptor hardly moves . That shot is really hard too can’t even get it in there and then my ball always gets stuck left side near the post I have to lift up and down the machine to get it out . Kind of annoying

#1626 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Mine was missing a piece under it that makes it move. Check to see that it is installed.

#1627 4 years ago

I wish these machines were actually like tested and made sure everything working before they package and ship them out.. like quality control? I hate doing work on NIB pins. Its such a waste of time. In my situation my ball getting stuck could just require adjustment of the angle, but I dont think that raptor is doing crap.

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

I just checked, and unfortunately you are correct. The shooter rod does not ship with the game installed on it. You will have to order the game separately.

#1629 4 years ago

I’ve been trying for a few days to buy the shooter rod with no success.

Note: if you use Apple Pay, it will go all the way to the processing page and then error out with no indication as to why. You have to exit out and go through manual check out before you’re informed an item is sold out. A very dumb design.

I wish stern would allow backorders. They’re going to make more with this demand, right?

#1630 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

downloaded the code and going through the voice samples to replace.....wow there is a ton of voice clips. Crazy amount. That angry guy with the accent recorded a ton of lines - majority not good. I just want to put in the proper welcome to JP, hold on to you butts and some other classics to replace the worst of the new stuff.

Very interested in messing with this myself, @delt31. Could you please share a link to how you're doing this? Using pinball browser I assume? I found a few links to it but I'm unsure which is the latest/most legit version. I'd also like to know if there are any cautions or best practices to consider when doing so. Especially if you can run the risk of bricking the machine, voiding warranty (I assume that's a given), etc. Thanks!

#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

My raptor was leaning forward, face planting into the plastic. I propped him back up, then tightened the screw on the raptors right side (the outer side of the pin) that goes through his hip.
Works like a charm.
Sorry about your issue. Been there, done that. Glad you got it resolved in the end.

Glad yours was a much easier fix! I tried that and many other tweaks too to no avail. I'm pretty sure the root of my raptor issue is based on slightly off mounting holes of either the plastic guard or the feet so my addition of a counterbalance washer/magnet in the end is really more of a workaround than a holistic fix.

#1632 4 years ago

I emailed stern they said they are making more shooter rods so it’ll be available again at some point

#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I emailed stern they said they are making more shooter rods so it’ll be available again at some point

Did you ask about the Star Wars topper.

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I think that’s a lost cause to be honest

#1635 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I saw the topper in Stern's game room and it looks great. They did say it's been a long time waiting with the license folks who wants certain things to happen with it.

The wait might be over for you guys....

#1636 4 years ago

Just got the call from FedEx!

JP2 Premium will arrive tomorrow between 10-3!!

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Any Aussie LE buyers know when they’re landing?

I did see some waiting to go out marked for Australia. I did meet the coolest guys from Melbourne making a cool PIN.

The loading dock was massive....machines marked for all over the world.

#1638 4 years ago

My LE is on the way from the ditro's main hub to my "local" warehouse... It's a bit of a road trip so plan is to pick up on 5 Nov. Hopefully my other NIB(not Stern) will be there by then too!

Super excited. My first NIB. Why buy one when you can get two at twice the price???!!!!! lol

#1639 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

My LE is on the way from the ditro's main hub to my "local" warehouse... It's a bit of a road trip so plan is to pick up on 5 Nov. Hopefully my other NIB(not Stern) will be there by then too!
Super excited. My first NIB. Why buy one when you can get two at twice the price???!!!!! lol

I feel you pain. LOL.

I bought 2 basically back to back....both NIB. I have decided I am not an old school pin guy even thou I am 50. We played so many and I wanted to like something from the 80's but I am ruined with my babies.

When the time comes to play eight ball deluxe that might be the one as I played it when I was a kid.

#1640 4 years ago

I feel you pain. LOL.
I bought 2 basically back to back....both NIB. I have decided I am not an old school pin guy even thou I am 50. We played so many and I wanted to like something from the 80's but I am ruined with my babies.
When the time comes to play eight ball deluxe that might be the one as I played it when I was a kid.

I am the same age as you.. I was a collector 10-15 years ago but took a break and sold everything 10 year ago due to ummm.. let's call it a life changing event.... lol *cough* divorce *cough*....

Now getting back into it and I just don't feel like working my way back up from the bottom by restoring what I find as boring games. I owned/repaired/restored many 80's games.. Meh... I need depth of rules to keep me interested. The only games I have owned that I have not beat were LOTR and TSPP. Hope to get them back eventually.

Anyway I took the plunge. JP seems like a very decent effort from Stern. Have not played it yet. Leap of faith that it's as good as I think it is...

#1641 4 years ago

My JP2 is arriving tomorrow!

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

My JP2 is arriving tomorrow!

I'm still waiting for a call from Hadfields!

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I'm still waiting for a call from Hadfields!

did you order LE? They aren't very organised.

#1644 4 years ago

Got the word my Premium shipped. I’m keeping my fingers crossed it will arrive by the weekend.

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

did you order LE? They aren't very organised.

I did, yeah - got the email from Phil this morning.

#1646 4 years ago

Just got the word from my distro that my premium has shipped. Waiting for a call now from my local shipper. Hoping it lands before the weekend.

#1647 4 years ago

Well that was fast... Got word of my Premium shipping this morning and FedEx just called to arrange delivery for tomorrow. So excited!

#1648 4 years ago

Congrats to all those getting their machines this week. Hearing from my distributor that my JP2 Premium is expected to ship tomorrow or Thursday, so likely have to wait til next week. So great to hear it's almost time!

#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I did, yeah - got the email from Phil this morning.

Congrats and post up the number when you get it.

#1650 4 years ago

My distributor just told my Premium ships out tomorrow from the factory. Will be delivered next week! Can't wait!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/33?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.