(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 184.
#1451 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

You're misunderstanding the problem. The target's mount is drilled way too far left. It should be centered with the hole. There is no adjustment available. Look at the underside of yours and you'll see why I can't move it.

Looks like the bracket is pretty well centered and just the target itself is pushed off to the left. Standup target switch blades are in a stack that can fan out slightly. Happens all the time to targets that take a beating. Maybe yours was off at the factory? Just push the plastic target face hard to the right to center it in the hole.

#1452 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe #1 belongs to KME?
Rob

Nope.

#1453 4 years ago

Was swapping out my post rubber tonight and was surprised to find so many loose screws all over.. I recommend checking all your hardware before things start falling off.

#1454 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

You're misunderstanding the problem. The target's mount is drilled way too far left. It should be centered with the hole. There is no adjustment available. Look at the underside of yours and you'll see why I can't move it.

You may be able to simply use a dremel to widen the holes on the target... then slide it over and then torque it down. That is if there is room underneath to slide it over.

#1455 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Just added pinstadium lighting. Highly recommend them for JP.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow you sure added & decorated a lot of stuff, looks great, ramps & wireform !

#1456 4 years ago

Just added pinstadium lighting. Highly recommend them for JP.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What method did you use to paint the wireforms?

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Regardless of how it is mounted, the targets usually get bent (or shift to the side), and can also be bent by finger to straighten the portion above the playfield. Even if it was mounted perfectly straight it still likely will move in a sideways position above the playfield similar to yours. It is a common issue with stand targets that get hit hard and often. There is a bracket made by a modder that helps hold the targets in the desired position.

Added over 4 years ago:

https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

#1458 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

What method did you use to paint the wireforms?

We powder coated the wire forms and ramp, apron, coin door and speaker panel.
Tried to make it look more natural like wood and vines.

#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Cool, didn't know there was an LE club. Thanks for the add!

You are welcome.

Enjoy the LE.

#1460 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Yes I have seen this as well. And only since the .90 update. At times I thought it was that my shots into it were hit so fast that the post couldn't keep up (i.e. accidental right flipper entry instead of smoother left flipper entry but I've seen this happen a couple times both ways). Seems like another software bandaid, just as they did with counting the t-rex catch when it doesn't actually catch the ball.

Looks like this just got addressed in the new .91 code release. Awesome!!! I’m loving these code updates. New scoring on the raptor tower combo looks great too.

#1461 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Has anyone noticed a mis-alignment on the drill holes of certain drop targets? The tightest one on mine is definitely cut wrong. See the product photo vs where mine is. No way to adjust this without drilling new holes in the playfield AFAIK which I am not going to do.
First pic is mine, second is an official product photo.[quoted image][quoted image]

Add a washer between the bracket and the pf on the right screw. This will force it to lean a little to the right so the overall target is more centered.

#1462 4 years ago

New code posted...

V0.91.0 - October 16, 2019
==========================
- Control Room Mode Select - fixed an issue where players 2-4 couldn't select any Control Room modes after they had already been played since boot up
- Control Room Modes - fixed an issue where lighting another Control Room mode before finishing the first one could result in the final shot of the control room mode starting the next one immediately
- Raptor Tower Combo - added Raptor Tower Combo (Left Loop to Raptor Tower) that awards 3X tower value + 2 tower shots progress
- Raptor Up Post - faster firing of the Raptor Up Post when the ball is detected entering the raptor pit
- Inlane Up Post - when ball is held when first paddock is starting with 'System Failure' video, you can now use both flippers to release the ball and video / sound effects will continue to play out
- Raptor Locks - Raptor Target progress reset is based off of number of times Raptor Multiball is started, this is now the same regardless of if the mode was started from Smart Missile or normally
- T-Rex Encounter - added T-Rex mech choreography when mode is progressed
- Amber Pops / Targets / Slings / Ramps - in competition mode these are now in this fixed order for all players, when competition is off they are in a random order
- Super Supply Drop - added a display effect when Super Supply Drop is lit that shows what the award is going to be if you hit the Supply Drop target
- Super Supply Drop - added new Super Supply Drop ready callouts
- Nedry Award - added video and sound effects to the award
- Light Shows - removed 'Shoot Again' insert from full playfield light shows during the game
- Light Shows - removed the lockdown bar LED from the 'System Failure' light show, button is not active at that time
- Paddock Info - 'Interactive CD-ROM' screen will kill all sounds when skipped by using both flippers
- Sound Test - fixed an issue where some sounds in sound test would also flash lights on the playfield

- Adjustment Changes:
- changed 'RIGHT FLIPPER POWER' - default to 235 from 255
- added 'MAP - START PADDOCK' - default to MAIN GATE, the game can start from any paddock in the game, passed paddocks will be treated as dinosaur escapes

#1463 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

New code posted...
V0.91.0 - October 16, 2019
==========================
- Control Room Mode Select - fixed an issue where players 2-4 couldn't select any Control Room modes after they had already been played since boot up
- Control Room Modes - fixed an issue where lighting another Control Room mode before finishing the first one could result in the final shot of the control room mode starting the next one immediately
- Raptor Tower Combo - added Raptor Tower Combo (Left Loop to Raptor Tower) that awards 3X tower value + 2 tower shots progress
- Raptor Up Post - faster firing of the Raptor Up Post when the ball is detected entering the raptor pit
- Inlane Up Post - when ball is held when first paddock is starting with 'System Failure' video, you can now use both flippers to release the ball and video / sound effects will continue to play out
- Raptor Locks - Raptor Target progress reset is based off of number of times Raptor Multiball is started, this is now the same regardless of if the mode was started from Smart Missile or normally
- T-Rex Encounter - added T-Rex mech choreography when mode is progressed
- Amber Pops / Targets / Slings / Ramps - in competition mode these are now in this fixed order for all players, when competition is off they are in a random order
- Super Supply Drop - added a display effect when Super Supply Drop is lit that shows what the award is going to be if you hit the Supply Drop target
- Super Supply Drop - added new Super Supply Drop ready callouts
- Nedry Award - added video and sound effects to the award
- Light Shows - removed 'Shoot Again' insert from full playfield light shows during the game
- Light Shows - removed the lockdown bar LED from the 'System Failure' light show, button is not active at that time
- Paddock Info - 'Interactive CD-ROM' screen will kill all sounds when skipped by using both flippers
- Sound Test - fixed an issue where some sounds in sound test would also flash lights on the playfield
- Adjustment Changes:
- changed 'RIGHT FLIPPER POWER' - default to 235 from 255
- added 'MAP - START PADDOCK' - default to MAIN GATE, the game can start from any paddock in the game, passed paddocks will be treated as dinosaur escapes

Uploaded and love the new tweaks.

#1464 4 years ago

We powder coated the wire forms and ramp, apron, coin door and speaker panel.
Tried to make it look more natural like wood and vines.

It came out great. I didn't know you could powder coat over chrome. Gives me some ideas.

#1465 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

New code posted...

I am amazed to see this much attention-to-detail in pre 1.0 code. It's already the best code I've played, and it keeps getting steadily better.

#1466 4 years ago

And done! I am glad to see these updates continuing to roll out.

A7362C66-81D7-4275-ADE2-0DD2BE99C776 (resized).jpegA7362C66-81D7-4275-ADE2-0DD2BE99C776 (resized).jpeg
#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

And done! I am glad to see these updates continuing to roll out.[quoted image]

Love watching that bar go to 100%....never get's old.

#1468 4 years ago

Cool don’t even have my LE yet. Looks like most of the annoying code bugs will be fixed before I even have to deal with them. I like the serious effort to get code out as well. Maybe Stern has been listening...

#1469 4 years ago

Anyone receive word about any Premiums shipping yet?

#1470 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Anyone receive word about any Premiums shipping yet?

My distro originally said mine was supposed to ship this week but yesterday said they got pushed back because of Elvira LE's. Another friend said his distro said next week to get his. That's all the info I have at this point. I'm tired of waiting but hopefully all the issues are fixed on the premiums.

#1471 4 years ago

LE #069 in da house!!

I love this game, even though I suck at it. LOL

jp_le_IMG_1257 (resized).jpgjp_le_IMG_1257 (resized).jpg
#1472 4 years ago

We are about to make the dive into Jurassic Park... is the Premium worth the extra bucks?

#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

We are about to make the dive into Jurassic Park... is the Premium worth the extra bucks?

I played a Pro and really enjoyed it. After playing a friends LE, that was the one I had to get.
Moving Trex head is awesome but I also find the Raptor cage to be a huge step up from the Pro.
Now, understand that it’s always tough to justify the $ to upgrade these things when it’s just a big toy, but since we’re already talking about an expensive box of lights, I say “Hell yes!”.

#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Absolutely!

#1475 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

So much yes.

#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I played a Pro and really enjoyed it. After playing a friends LE, that was the one I had to get.
Moving Trex head is awesome but I also find the Raptor cage to be a huge step up from the Pro.
Now, understand that it’s always tough to justify the $ to upgrade these things when it’s just a big toy, but since we’re already talking about an expensive box of lights, I say “Hell yes!”.

I agree and plan to get a Premium now. I also like the helicopter with the helicopter sounds.

#1477 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Probably but hard to say since they keep getting delayed

#1478 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

as a soon to be owner, this summarizes exactly how I felt after going from pro to prem. No brainer, not the pro. It's def worth it.

#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

It came out great. I didn't know you could powder coat over chrome. Gives me some ideas.

Yes, anything metal can be powder coated, even if already chromed. they will just sandblast it all off before they powder coat it.

-Dan

#1480 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

LE #069 in da house!!
I love this game, even though I suck at it. LOL[quoted image]

No 69 and you suck at it. Lmao. See if the wife is up for a round tonight.

#1481 4 years ago

My distributor had said he was picking up yesterday in Chicago...now not responding. I need to schedule drop off here......must mean not going as planned??? Ugh.

#1482 4 years ago

** I was not personally there **. But, a friend told me during the Stern tour today, there were no JP premiums on the line but he did see people assembling premium t-rex mechs..

Again, I wasn't there, so maybe somehow he didn't see them...

#1483 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

** I was not personally there **. But, a friend told me during the Stern tour today, there were no JP premiums on the line but he did see people assembling premium t-rex mechs..
Again, I wasn't there, so maybe somehow he didn't see them...

How about Elvira Premiums?

#1484 4 years ago

My distro is saying shipping from Stern on Monday so I would expect premiums to be received by owners end of next week

#1485 4 years ago

But is LE worth extra $ over premium? That's the question.

#1486 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Armour, upgraded speakers, shaker motor, and invisiglass are all worth a good chunk of dough if you ask me.
The pin blades and mirrored back glass are “nice” but don’t add as much value as the other things in my opinion.
I don’t think you can justify it dollar for dollar but with all the extras, it’s worth it if you enjoy the pin and the theme?

#1487 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

In my case: yes. If I had bought the Premium I would have added: invisiglass, upgraded speakers, shaker, artblades, and upgraded armor. That goes a long way towards the price of an LE. Add to that the fact that if I ever do decide to sell it, selling a Premium with mods will usually only get you 20-40% of the mod costs recouped in the sale price, which will still be a lot less than the LE is selling for.

#1488 4 years ago

I justified and LE because JP is my dream theme, and this game is so incredibly good that I had to have the best version of it.

#1489 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

My distributor had said he was picking up yesterday in Chicago...now not responding. I need to schedule drop off here......must mean not going as planned??? Ugh.

Guessing we have the same distributor...I got the same message Tuesday about pickup this week and was expecting request for payment yesterday then radio silence on the supposed pickup.

Hopefully they’re on it and I’m sure it’s out of their control but would be nice to get an update!

#1490 4 years ago

The good thing is that Stern isn't rushing it....making sure it is all right. Tests your patience, but it's a good thing really. I trust my distributor.

#1491 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

def up to the buyer but the answer for me is def def def not. LE's don't hold their value and the additions I care about can be purchased easily and you still save a ton of coin.

#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

As an LE buyer for various reasons like artwork number 1, I would tell anybody that the value is NOT there and get the premium

#1493 4 years ago

If it is a keeper I go LE.

If I am not sure or just want the pin for a little while then I go Pre.

Pro is almost always a good deal and at a safe price.

I went LE on this pin and I am very pleased..

#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As an LE buyer for various reasons like artwork number 1, I would tell anybody that the value is NOT there and get the premium

I don't think most LE buyers pay the extra cash for value. Or even Premium buyers for that matter. People just want what they want. Value and worth are completely subjective and don't really equate to the true cost of the extra bells and whistles in the different models.

Speaking for myself, I like Premiums because they have gameplay differences that Pros don't. Is a moving dino head, spinning helo blades, different art and whatever else I'm forgetting to list "worth" the extra money? I'm sure not from a cost/price standpoint, but I want them more than I want the $1500. When it comes to LEs, I want the next $1500 more than I want the bells.

#1495 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I like the LE art the best, but I'm late to the party so slim to no chance of an LE for me.

Rob

#1496 4 years ago

Slight improvement! Now I just have to be brave and take the time to replace all of the other runners with the silicone Titan rings that I ordered. Anyone already done this on an LE and have recommendations?

IMG_2123 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_2123 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_2153 (resized).jpgIMG_2153 (resized).jpg
#1497 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I like the LE art the best, but I'm late to the party so slim to no chance of an LE for me.
Rob

They aren’t sold out, automated services still has some for sure.

#1498 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Guessing we have the same distributor...I got the same message Tuesday about pickup this week and was expecting request for payment yesterday then radio silence on the supposed pickup.
Hopefully they’re on it and I’m sure it’s out of their control but would be nice to get an update!

Update - distributor said he's picking up my premium and shipping next week due to delays at Stern from Elvira and Expo.

#1499 4 years ago

Pinsider-teekee has LE158 NIB for sale.
Pinsider-GAP has LE004 NIB for sale.
FYI to the OP.

#1500 4 years ago

I was told weeks for premiums.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/30?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.