(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 185.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Anyone else notice? JP LE ranked #1 in pinside top 100. At least for now.

I noticed now. Cool .

Who in this thread is going to Chicago this Thursday - Sunday?

I need a drinking buddy...haha

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1402 4 years ago

Still no premiums?

#1403 4 years ago

Last I heard from my distributor was that my premium was being picked up at Expo this week/weekend.

#1404 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Anyone else notice? JP LE ranked #1 in pinside top 100. At least for now.

Not for long. Haters gonna hate, now that it’s getting some recognition.
Look at the most recent ratings. Lowest ones have occurred since JPLE was rated in the top spot.
“And that’s why we can’t have nice things!”

#1405 4 years ago

Anyone having an issue with the raptor post not catching the lock ball? My post is popping up but it's a fraction of a second too late so the ball has rebounded past it. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but it was working 100% before the software update and ever since the software update the post is just that fraction of a second late in coming up to block the ball. The game continues on okay and recognizes the ball hasn't been caught & adjusts by lowering the post again. Raptor tri-ball can then still be started by hitting the targets in the cage but it would still be nice to have it make the catch. It seems to be working fine in the coil test, and there doesn't seem to be an adjustment to tweak it in the menu settings. The only thing I found in the menu is an option to completely disable the post.

#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Favorite shot right now is hitting the right orbit and when it comes around flipping the upper flipper just enough to scoop it fast and smoothly around for a second orbit. Super fun.

You should be able to hold the flipper up and it will go around a second time.

#1407 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Look at the most recent ratings. Lowest ones have occurred since JPLE was rated in the top spot.

Happens everytime. It will fall.

#1408 4 years ago

I have 196.

8365662D-4016-48ED-9C44-6E58CEE547C4 (resized).jpeg8365662D-4016-48ED-9C44-6E58CEE547C4 (resized).jpegF38CD0B9-99E8-4245-90F6-C5411DF6721C (resized).jpegF38CD0B9-99E8-4245-90F6-C5411DF6721C (resized).jpeg
#1409 4 years ago

Found this on my game (LE manufactured 9/20/19) tonight. Not sure of the significance of it, but it feels as though the clear has chipped off. Emailed Stern and my distributor to see what they think. Any ideas? Thanks.

1B870254-8B06-40F7-8B7A-841617A57999 (resized).jpeg1B870254-8B06-40F7-8B7A-841617A57999 (resized).jpegC5B91C42-8202-4C3A-A7C0-CF421477A451 (resized).jpegC5B91C42-8202-4C3A-A7C0-CF421477A451 (resized).jpeg
#1410 4 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Found this on my game (LE manufactured 9/20/19) tonight. Not sure of the significance of it, but it feels as though the clear has chipped off. Emailed Stern and my distributor to see what they think. Any ideas? Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

Bolt heads will do that. I'd ask Stern to send a small bottle of clear and touch it up.

#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Totally agree. After seeing the JP release, I immediately put my name down for an LE, my first Stern NIB. And after playing the pro, I'm utterly convinced it's possibly the most complete pin ever made. I've only heard universal praise for it's layout, music, toys and beta code. Art will always be subjective and licensing will restrict creativity, but Stern have hit a massive home run here.

People have the right to say what they feel, but for JPLE, when review ratings are lower than 8, I question the authors credibility.

#1412 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Totally agree. After seeing the JP release, I immediately put my name down for an LE, my first Stern NIB. And after playing the pro, I'm utterly convinced it's possibly the most complete pin ever made. I've only heard universal praise for it's layout, music, toys and beta code. Art will always be subjective and licensing will restrict creativity, but Stern have hot a massive home run here.
People have the right to say what they feel, but for JPLE, when review ratings are lower than 8, I question the authors credibility.

if your experience is anything like mine has been, I recommend buying a second Start button, cause you’re going to wear the first one out pretty quickly.

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Someone rated it at 7.46, which would put it at #163 right behind Shrek haha. Ridiculous.

#1414 4 years ago

The haters have been particularly rough on the Pro model. If you set the ratings so you see all of them (not just the ones that left comments), you'll find ratings as low as 5.5. That's just pure HATIN'. Even without the extra toys, the Pro model is a damn blast to play, and deserves better than that.

#1415 4 years ago

I'm not an owner (yet), but I do want to buy a Premium. I usually look at new releases that pop into the #1 slot of the Top 100 list dubiously, but I feel different about this title. It's got a great theme, immersive programming that's got great depth for home, great play field design, great theme integration that puts the player in a unique "worker at Jurassic Park" role, and good to great art. All that ticks a lot of "great to good" boxes, which is gonna put it high on the list somewhere.

I own MM, AFM, and MB. I've owned them for years. They're all great machines, but... how long can these favorites from 20-30 years ago hang on to these tops spots during this second golden age of pinball with the deeper more home friendly (and fun) code? I think the classic W/B titles numbers are up, and I don't have a problem with new games like JP LE/Prem knocking them down a rung (or ten).

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I'm not an owner (yet), but I do want to buy a Premium. I usually look at new releases that pop into the #1 slot of the Top 100 list dubiously, but I feel different about this title. It's got a great theme, immersive programming that's got great depth for home, great play field design, great theme integration that puts the player in a unique "worker at Jurassic Park" role, and good to great art. All that ticks a lot of "great to good" boxes, which is gonna put it high on the list somewhere.
I own MM, AFM, and MB. I've owned them for years. They're all great machines, but... how long can these favorites from 20-30 years ago hang on to these tops spots during this second golden age of pinball with the deeper more home friendly (and fun) code? I think the classic W/B titles numbers are up, and I don't have a problem with new games like JP LE/Prem knocking them down a rung (or ten).

Of all the games I've seen that have come out, JP might be the best one yet b/c it's the complete package. I've also NEVER seen any machine praised so much by so many people. The worst thing you hear is weaker art and not the greatest call outs. Otherwise, it's amazing.

It has the amazing theme too - this one could be the first to beat out the classics. IMO, Iron Maiden was such a strong title but theme was a killer for many and it lacked toys. This is like a good themed IMDN with an amazing toy!

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I have 196.[quoted image][quoted image]

196 in the house.

Congrats.

Seems I might need to jump over to the Dark Side thread and ask them to post up some numbers for us. HAHA

#1418 4 years ago

My distro requested full payment on 9/24 (I paid in full on 9/25), as they anticipated Prems going on the line week of 9/30.

Sure hope I get my game soon, no news.

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

check out this one: my75ppx rated JP LE: 4.081 and JP pro 9.860

#1420 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

How does that even make sense?

#1421 4 years ago

@eightballtexas... thanks for keeping the list of LE s/n's. I'm not in for an LE, but looking forward to my premium as it hopefully gets shipped within the next few weeks.

One thing you might consider... you can put the LE s/n list in your original post (#1) and have it there easy to find for everyone, rather than having to continually update in a new post. That post (as the OP) is always editable and not just a 24 hour limit like regular posts.

#1422 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

eightballtexas... thanks for keeping the list of LE s/n's. I'm not in for an LE, but looking forward to my premium as it hopefully gets shipped within the next few weeks.
One thing you might consider... you can put the LE s/n list in your original post (#1) and have it there easy to find for everyone, rather than having to continually update in a new post. That post (as the OP) is always editable and not just a 24 hour limit like regular posts.

All are welcome here ....just having fun with the limited 500 run.

Thanks sooooo much for the advice, that will make things so much easier. The 24 hr limit was a hassle.

So just add it to my first post where I say hello, howdy?? or in the place of that??

#1423 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

All are welcome here ....just having fun with the limited 500 run.
Thanks sooooo much for the advice, that will make things so much easier. The 24 hr limit was a hassle.
So just add it to my first post where I say hello, howdy?? or in the place of that??

Oppps I cant do it now.

Here is what it says.

Error! You (1000) have insufficient user level for this call (Y:0, R: 10).

#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Don’t get too wrapped up in PS ratings.
Some folks click whilst on the sauce.
Perfectly normal.

#1425 4 years ago

Some vote new machines a 10 and some 5. Neither are accurate at all!!!

Don’t worry about rankings play pinball. Top 10 means nothing to pinball fun.

#1426 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Darn near forever- they will hang onto top spots unless they reset top 100 for every machine and start over. Simple math - thousands of high ratings, even if five people rate them a 3 overall rating it will not move needle on their overall score.

#1427 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Darn near forever- they will hang onto top spots unless they reset top 100 for every machine and start over. Simple math - thousands of high ratings, even if five people rate them a 3 overall rating it will not move needle on their overall score.

ALoha CPR,

Where you been hiding?? are you busy at making our 2 mods?? lol

Will you be at the expo?

#1428 4 years ago

Okay Pinheads,

Playing around with some cards to replace the ugly ones Stern sends. HUO so dont need a blaring quarters yellow card or the instruction card you cant read unless you have a magnifying glass....okay off my soap box.

Tell me which one you like better. Those are the 4 pictures I like, I can swap around and change colors. Bring on the feedback. Blueish or Greenish

The center one is the 1st picture and will be magnetic. I think that's the money . haha

CenterJP (resized).jpgCenterJP (resized).jpgJP005 (resized).jpgJP005 (resized).jpg
#1429 4 years ago

ALoha CPR,
Where you been hiding?? are you busy at making our 2 mods?? lol
Will you be at the expo?

Yup.

1st run Of cross over ramp was bust And out $200. Onto next step idea and process we believe will work. Stay tuned!

#1430 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yup.
1st run Of cross over ramp was bust And out $200. Onto next step idea and process we believe will work. Stay tuned!

life as a mod is a rough one. hehe.

Any time frame?

Thanks again for taking the challenge.

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Anyone having an issue with the raptor post not catching the lock ball? My post is popping up but it's a fraction of a second too late so the ball has rebounded past it. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but it was working 100% before the software update and ever since the software update the post is just that fraction of a second late in coming up to block the ball. The game continues on okay and recognizes the ball hasn't been caught & adjusts by lowering the post again. Raptor tri-ball can then still be started by hitting the targets in the cage but it would still be nice to have it make the catch. It seems to be working fine in the coil test, and there doesn't seem to be an adjustment to tweak it in the menu settings. The only thing I found in the menu is an option to completely disable the post.

Yes I have seen this as well. And only since the .90 update. At times I thought it was that my shots into it were hit so fast that the post couldn't keep up (i.e. accidental right flipper entry instead of smoother left flipper entry but I've seen this happen a couple times both ways). Seems like another software bandaid, just as they did with counting the t-rex catch when it doesn't actually catch the ball.

#1433 4 years ago

Has anyone noticed a mis-alignment on the drill holes of certain drop targets? The tightest one on mine is definitely cut wrong. See the product photo vs where mine is. No way to adjust this without drilling new holes in the playfield AFAIK which I am not going to do.

First pic is mine, second is an official product photo.

Drop Target - Mine (resized).jpgDrop Target - Mine (resized).jpgDrop Target - Product Photo (resized).jpgDrop Target - Product Photo (resized).jpg
#1435 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

LOL $9400...

Exactly. So is 003 going to be 10,000 and 002 12,000...crazy. I dont think we will ever see #1 check in.

On to a better story...I just scored my highest a few minutes ago. Trex just spits out the ball on me, when is this amazing tossing or placing it on the rail gonna happen?

highscorejp (resized).jpghighscorejp (resized).jpg
#1436 4 years ago

Okay Pinheads,
Playing around with some cards to replace the ugly ones Stern sends. HUO so dont need a blaring quarters yellow card or the instruction card you cant read unless you have a magnifying glass....okay off my soap box.
Tell me which one you like better. Those are the 4 pictures I like, I can swap around and change colors. Bring on the feedback. Blueish or Greenish
The center one is the 1st picture and will be magnetic. I think that's the money . haha[quoted image][quoted image]

1st is the $ one for sure. I like the background graphics of the others too but can't beat the perspective of the open mouth. My GF is currently making a little art piece of the same size to replace at least one of two as mine is HUO as well.

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

1st is the $ one for sure. I like the background graphics of the others too but can't beat the perspective of the open mouth. My GF is currently making a little art piece of the same size to replace at least one of two as mine is HUO as well.

Maybe #1 belongs to KME?

Rob

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Let me see when she is done if you dont mind.....I did it on my Luci with cards and it's a real eye catcher.

#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe #1 belongs to KME?
Rob

YEP!!!!

#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Has anyone noticed a mis-alignment on the drill holes of certain drop targets? The tightest one on mine is definitely cut wrong. See the product photo vs where mine is. No way to adjust this without drilling new holes in the playfield AFAIK which I am not going to do.
First pic is mine, second is an official product photo.[quoted image][quoted image]

The stand up target in relation to the post left of it? They look the same to me, your target looks like it is leaning a little left, you can straighten that.

#1442 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

First pic is mine, second is an official product photo.[quoted image][quoted image]

Your holes look the same, I think it's the art removal giving the illusion... As j-freeze said, you should just be able to adjust your target leaning

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Your holes look the same, I think it's the art removal giving the illusion... As j-freeze said, you should just be able to adjust your target leaning

I guess I got luck as no issues, no screws/ bolts appearing, no pooling.

#1444 4 years ago

Who else like this??

a sucker and their money.
ridiculous

#1445 4 years ago

I installed LE 471 on location last night, super fun pin, beat stern I’ve played in a long time, kept having that “one more game” mindset.

#1446 4 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I installed LE 471 on location last night, super fun pin, beat stern I’ve played in a long time, kept having that “one more game” mindset.

Congrats Bud. Added you to the list.

#1447 4 years ago

New list update. We are moving along. I see our first person from Copenhagen posted up a picture.

4 more names checked in today.

001 ???
002 ???
003 ???
004 ???
005 EightBallTexas
006 ???
007 ???
008 ???
009 ???
010 ???
011 cjmjmm2006

026 da_topper
044 medfly
049 PDX-Mike
068 Troutfarm
073 Pickleric
075 Cdonnerusmc
078 charliew65
097 bemmett
099 PiperPinball

101 youdontknowme
107 Pinball-NJA
106 Chambahz
119 zavadoza
120 youdontknowme
121 youdontknowme
122 younginvisions
128 Mavantix
130 hassellcastle
135 blimpey
153 Iceman44
154 Mummite
159 catchlight
161 mthirkell
172 Tatman9999
176 Jerol
177 Carz5811
188 Chappie101
191 MikeHogue
196 Aniraf

200 peanuts
218 Arcadem
232 Pingod
242 gotfrogs
252 vongator
260 t7
263 Aukraut
269 MSLOW
270 C_Presley
272 LodgingDolphin
274 TheGunnett
275 Blakester
278 breger1
290 HawkMoon77

301 FrankMac
310 SunFox
311 JMK
313 scooterd
327 AdamRoss
332 Banker
348 Tacreno
349 EVH347
350 tuflyf
357 NavyStan
362 TimLah79
363 TradesMan
375 dylanfan71
378 coindropper
380 Pinstein
382 RacerX61

408 KevinG
418 BANE
421 Paragon07
442 Gmanrulz46
453 Iceman44
458 GnOsls
471 Bud
475 ToddW
498 Jints56

Have a great evening.

#1448 4 years ago

Cool, didn't know there was an LE club. Thanks for the add!

#1449 4 years ago

Just added pinstadium lighting. Highly recommend them for JP.

0AABA3C1-8509-451B-9145-0D308BE584AB (resized).jpeg0AABA3C1-8509-451B-9145-0D308BE584AB (resized).jpeg16D9CB2C-699C-456F-8D11-940CBA811052 (resized).jpeg16D9CB2C-699C-456F-8D11-940CBA811052 (resized).jpeg9D1585B6-3D1D-4143-891A-AF888F59E375 (resized).jpeg9D1585B6-3D1D-4143-891A-AF888F59E375 (resized).jpegD78F85F8-F9DF-4F44-B863-DD8116531EC3 (resized).jpegD78F85F8-F9DF-4F44-B863-DD8116531EC3 (resized).jpeg
#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

The stand up target in relation to the post left of it? They look the same to me, your target looks like it is leaning a little left, you can straighten that.

You're misunderstanding the problem. The target's mount is drilled way too far left. It should be centered with the hole. There is no adjustment available. Look at the underside of yours and you'll see why I can't move it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/29?hl=fooflighter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.