(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 184.
#1251 4 years ago
Quoted from catchlight:

Thats it, I'm changing my handle to "Goose"!! LOL

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1252 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks this is a great summary. One I get my hands on this I will look into relaxing those voice clips with ones from the movie

The Tilt Forums elaborated on the new smart missile usage:

Smart Missile: When the left inlane is lit for “Smart Missile”, the inlane up-post (ala Cactus Canyon) will hold the ball and call for a shot to the pops standup target. Once the Smart Missile is activated, you will have 3 seconds to choose what you want the Smart Missile to award using the action button; the award chosen when the timer goes to 0 will be given for a successful shot to the target, in addition to 10 million incrementing by 5 million for each successful Smart Missile launch. There are six possible choices, shown on the display in this order:
Complete CHAOS / Super Supply Drop (if Chaos Multiball is either active or lit)
Super Combos (Combos score more points than usual - how much?) / Complete Paddock (if you’re already in a Paddock)
+5 Rescues / +10 Rescues / Raptor Tri-Ball / Extra Ball / Fossil / Super Escape (one of these awards is randomly chosen each time)
+5 Rescues / +10 Rescues / Raptor Tri-Ball / Extra Ball / Fossil / Super Escape (same as above)
25 Million
Abort (selecting this award will deactivate the Smart Missile - you can relight it with a shot to the Truck)

#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:I've put up about 40 games on my LE, my only complaints are right ramp and orbit are not consistent and I consider myself a pretty good player, GC 2 bil. I like long playing games, own BM 66, Hobbit, POTC, SW...I don't know if I see this as staying past 6 months to be honest.

I don’t understand your post. You’re saying there’s only one problem and that’s the irregular right ramp feed. But then Go on to say you don’t see it lasting 6 months. Why? Long playing?

#1254 4 years ago

Anyone else having trouble getting the code updated? The game simply doesn't recognize the drive when I turn it on. It just starts as normal. I even formatted the drive as someone noted above and nothing. I also unzipped the download. Any insight would be much appreciated.
I'm using a MAC, if that matters.

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Anyone else having trouble getting the code updated? The game simply doesn't recognize the drive when I turn it on. It just starts as normal. I even formatted the drive as someone noted above and nothing. I also unzipped the download. Any insight would be much appreciated.
I'm using a MAC, if that matters.

See my post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/25#post-5247985

Did you format it as FAT32 and copy the unzipped files to the USB's root directory? Gotta take them out of the main folder and put into the root.

#1256 4 years ago

The right orbit is impossible for me. Seem to hit it on accident. Pisses me off!!!

I’m gonna go play some more.

#1257 4 years ago

Mod talk time.....

Who likes the goat as a small little addition?? or the Jeep or both?

Bored and have the itch.

#1258 4 years ago

Speaking of mods, I'm surprised I'm not seeing more people take off that TERRIBLE jeep. First thing I do is replace that.

#1259 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Speaking of mods, I'm surprised I'm not seeing more people take off that TERRIBLE jeep. First thing I do is replace that.

Which jeep did you buy??

#1260 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would take off the terrible Jeep but it is also plastered on my backglass and in the videos. I want them to all look the same.

#1261 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok so you remove the Jeep from the playfield. Then you see it on the backglass, cabinet art, and LCD animations. Seems like it’s better to just leave it be and have everything match.

#1262 4 years ago

So the goat wins...lol

#1263 4 years ago

if I remember correctly, I think the Jeep should have been upside down and smashed. That is when the T-Rex spins it in the movie. Right?

#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ok so you remove the Jeep from the playfield. Then you see it on the backglass, cabinet art, and LCD animations. Seems like it’s better to just leave it be and have everything match.

premium will help with that. Game goes against wall so right side covered, no backglass to worry about and then you're just left with LCD. Not bad.

Oh and you're no longer looking at that shit while playing...well....the actual game.

#1265 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

if I remember correctly, I think the Jeep should have been upside down and smashed. That is when the T-Rex spins it in the movie. Right?

I think the iconic green and yellow jeep was the tourist one that got stepped on, and the tan and red one in the game is the staff jeep that comes and rescues them and escapes the chasing Trex. The game takes some liberty there.

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Has anyone heard someone NOT like this game?
Seriously I haven't.
This could be the most liked game ever.

I’m sure there will be a hater thread soon. Always seems to be.

#1267 4 years ago

Has anyone actually replaced the jeep yet?!

#1268 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Has anyone actually replaced the jeep yet?!

Why? It's a great game. The jeep is fine, everybody is too busy playing the game to worry about that BS

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why? It's a great game. The jeep is fine, everybody is too busy playing the game to worry about that BS

Absolutely.

#1270 4 years ago

#382 checking in....

#1271 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Completely agree, the constant BS about mods and the need to mod JP is ridiculous. You’d think the aim of pinball was not to actually play pinball but to add mods. JP is decked out, especially the LE, just play it and continue to make us Aussies jealous as we wait and wait and wait.

#1272 4 years ago

I am having trouble downloading the .90 LE file. I have tried chrome and ie browsers and I cannot get the download to finish. One the i.e. browser, I get a finished download, but when I unzip them to put on the usb drive, I get one file that is 1,953,125 kb's and another file that is still zipped. When I try to unzip the smaller file (about 481,860 kb's) it says that file is either an unkown format or is damaged. For those of you who have updated their LE's, I should have two .spk files for the usb drive when I unzip the original file right?

#1273 4 years ago

LE #232 arrived today.
Going on location Saturday

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I had all these mod plans. Then I got the game. It's as close to perfect as any game I've seen.

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from catchlight:

I am having trouble downloading the .90 LE file. I have tried chrome and ie browsers and I cannot get the download to finish. One the i.e. browser, I get a finished download, but when I unzip them to put on the usb drive, I get one file that is 1,953,125 kb's and another file that is still zipped. When I try to unzip the smaller file (about 481,860 kb's) it says that file is either an unkown format or is damaged. For those of you who have updated their LE's, I should have two .spk files for the usb drive when I unzip the original file right?

Instructions state that you are to download the file, then unzip it.
You’ll then have folder with two files in it.
Open the folder. Copy the files as is over to a USB.
Hope this helps.

#1276 4 years ago

This just in from Stern via my distributor regarding Premiums:

"These are beginning down the line on Monday and will begin shipping shortly after."

#1277 4 years ago

Bad news, my moving T-Rex head has broken already. It happened the 2nd game after I updated the code so I was hoping it was code related but have not heard anyone else reporting an issue so appears it is mechanical. I probably only have 50-100 games on it or so overall. It made a horrible clicking/grinding sound sound and then was stuck in place. I'll be in contact with Stern to see about what needs fixed. Hope this mech holds up long term and is not a constant issue, hopefully just bad luck.

#1278 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Bad news, my moving T-Rex head has broken already. It happened the 2nd game after I updated the code so I was hoping it was code related but have not heard anyone else reporting an issue so appears it is mechanical. I probably only have 50-100 games on it or so overall. It made a horrible clicking/grinding sound sound and then was stuck in place. I'll be in contact with Stern to see about what needs fixed. Hope this mech holds up long term and is not a constant issue, hopefully just bad luck.

Sorry to hear that. Do you have any pictures of the mech where it's damaged? I'd be curious to see what the weakest link was, in your case. It might be a good place for everyone to monitor.

#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Where did it get stuck? I noticed last night on mine that when it did its new moves while holding the ball it was coming really close to hitting the wire form from the left ramp. It was just BARELY high enough to clear it while it moved around, but one time it was low enough that it hit it and seemed to be stuck for a second. It didn’t start grinding but I was reaching for the power switch when it freed itself. It always raised to the right height to place the ball on the wire, but the movement before that was usually really low and almost colliding with it.

#1280 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Where did it get stuck? I noticed last night on mine that when it did its new moves while holding the ball it was coming really close to hitting the wire form from the left ramp. It was just BARELY high enough to clear it while it moved around, but one time it was low enough that it hit it and seemed to be stuck for a second. It didn’t start grinding but I was reaching for the power switch when it freed itself. It always raised to the right height to place the ball on the wire, but the movement before that was usually really low and almost colliding with it.

I guess "stuck" wasn't the right word, it isn't stuck anywhere or got stuck on anything it just won't move anymore. When it failed it was to the left side made the crazy noises then just stopped working.

Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Sorry to hear that. Do you have any pictures of the mech where it's damaged? I'd be curious to see what the weakest link was, in your case. It might be a good place for everyone to monitor.

I haven't even looked yet to be honest, happened late last night, I shut it off and contacted Stern to hopefully dig in with them later today when I get home from work. I'll definitely advise once I have a better picture of what it was or if there was a cause, why it happened.

#1281 4 years ago

106 all setup and ready for the long weekend!

#1282 4 years ago

Wow, #421 is up and running. Fantastic game, my wife even loves it

#1283 4 years ago

4 new PINs checking in.....will update list tonight. Canada is on fire....

Waiting for news from OZ and our Euro mates.

Congrats guys.

#1284 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

4 new PINs checking in.....will update list tonight. Canada is on fire....
Waiting for news from OZ and our Euro mates.
Congrats guys.

LE’s due down here in November some time.

#1285 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I guess "stuck" wasn't the right word, it isn't stuck anywhere or got stuck on anything it just won't move anymore. When it failed it was to the left side made the crazy noises then just stopped working.

I haven't even looked yet to be honest, happened late last night, I shut it off and contacted Stern to hopefully dig in with them later today when I get home from work. I'll definitely advise once I have a better picture of what it was or if there was a cause, why it happened.

I would check to make sure wiring didn’t get tangled up around the mech

That’s what happened to me on BM66

#1286 4 years ago

I replaced the light that shines on the T-rex with a green LED. It adds some nice color and is really effective when flashing. Its a funky bulb as it has and flasher sized bayonet base but is 6v. Comet carries them in most colors. I bought 2 of each color and in the end the green worked best.

JPLE grn led (resized).jpgJPLE grn led (resized).jpg
#1287 4 years ago

Friday evening festivities with the family.
A special guest getting into the JP spirit with our recently arrived LE...

11AD6C35-C1C2-4D37-8892-E348120AD0E8 (resized).jpeg11AD6C35-C1C2-4D37-8892-E348120AD0E8 (resized).jpeg3DF79128-FA9A-4380-B6F6-899788352462 (resized).jpeg3DF79128-FA9A-4380-B6F6-899788352462 (resized).jpeg
#1288 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would check to make sure wiring didn’t get tangled up around the mech

That’s what happened to me on BM66

Ya so a less than thrilling end to my Trex head having a problem. I tested it multiple times thru menu, wan't working. Got Chas from Stern on the phone and got into the back of the machine. Nothing popped out to me at all as tangled or loose but I did fidget with some wires and whatnot and then of course it was working again as I was talking to Chas. So, got me, maybe was a wire binding something up or a loose connection or something but all seems good again.

#1289 4 years ago

So this is the topper?!?

81B5C7AC-4335-464C-A8D0-8456CEBF33A8 (resized).png81B5C7AC-4335-464C-A8D0-8456CEBF33A8 (resized).pngF9ED11A3-B7CD-4265-AE06-6CC3A70AFC88 (resized).pngF9ED11A3-B7CD-4265-AE06-6CC3A70AFC88 (resized).png
#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

So this is the topper?!?[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't think so

#1291 4 years ago

no way.....rather do some funko or legos.

#1292 4 years ago

From Johnny Crap's Instagram page. Premiums on the line ?
Screenshot_20191012-010026_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191012-010026_Chrome (resized).jpg

#1293 4 years ago

I sure hope not

#1294 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

From Johnny Crap's Instagrame page. Premiums on the line ?
[quoted image]

Love it, love it... Best art package IMHO... Black and Orange highlights... Just a few more weeks

#1295 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ya so a less than thrilling end to my Trex head having a problem. I tested it multiple times thru menu, wan't working. Got Chas from Stern on the phone and got into the back of the machine. Nothing popped out to me at all as tangled or loose but I did fidget with some wires and whatnot and then of course it was working again as I was talking to Chas. So, got me, maybe was a wire binding something up or a loose connection or something but all seems good again.

Awesome that it’s working again!

#1296 4 years ago

Those cab protectors look pretty neat. Can they be bought somewhere?

#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Those cab protectors look pretty neat. Can they be bought somewhere?

The Pinball Universe ones are neat, I use them.
pinball-assembly-blades_4 (resized).jpgpinball-assembly-blades_4 (resized).jpg

#1298 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

[quoted image]

Thanks... I'll give them a look

#1299 4 years ago

JP005 (resized).JPGJP005 (resized).JPG
#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

[quoted image]

I love mine....best product ever....took a few scratches before buying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/26?hl=coindropper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.