(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,200 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 184.
#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Yes, I do have this happen. Seems like it often happens the further you progress through trex events.

If you don’t pull the interlock switch when the door is open before going into that diag menu the game can lock up.

- yes I have seen this on further usage of the T-rex modes. I am guessing this is a code fix and will be addressed. The T-rex needs better logic to ensure its always lined up correctly. Hoping this gets addressed in future updates.
- The interlock switch was pulled out, not that. But the entire menu froze and I had to reboot.

#1102 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

eightballtexas I don't see your name on there yet, has yours not been delivered yet?

No sir....hopefully next week.

#1103 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

How about if you look at it from the side shining a light on it?

Dont get me wrong, it does have some dimples. But it is markedly better than my original Star Trek. Paint issues aside, it seems more resistant than others I've seen (like just about every Star Wars I've encountered).

#1104 4 years ago

#313 in the house in Canada - looks and plays great so far... except almost every shot to the T-Rex is rejected... first shot went in, none since in 30 games... so, wondering what software menu and options are needed to play with it.... hopefully don't have to do any physical mods... ugh

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from scooterd:

#313 in the house in Canada - looks and plays great so far... except almost every shot to the T-Rex is rejected... first shot went in, none since in 30 games... so, wondering what software menu and options are needed to play with it.... hopefully don't have to do any physical mods... ugh

Check out Keith's post #622 in this thread.

#1106 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

you might have another switch registering improperly killing the skill shot before you make the shot.

You were right. I realized a couple shots up the right ramp were counting even though they were rolling back down the ramp. The switch at the top of the right ramp was too sensitive so it was going off from just bumping the ramp. I bent it a little and it is working okay now.

This game is so good, take the time to dial it it and level it and it plays like a dream. The combos are so satisfying.

#1108 4 years ago

I got my Mezel Mods Raptor Pin in the mail today. It is one of the few available mods that I really like. Still waiting for a better helicopter option!

4CA0EDF5-909C-499B-ADBD-37A048270ECE (resized).jpeg4CA0EDF5-909C-499B-ADBD-37A048270ECE (resized).jpeg
#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my Mezel Mods Raptor Pin in the mail today. It is one of the few available mods that I really like. Still waiting for a better helicopter option![quoted image]

Still awaiting the new LE version for my game. This is the first pic I've seen of the changes to accommodate the raptor toy. Looks really great!

#1110 4 years ago

I spotted a few dimples, everything else is fine. No need to go apesh*t like most do on here if things aren’t 100% perfect.

#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my Mezel Mods Raptor Pin in the mail today. It is one of the few available mods that I really like. Still waiting for a better helicopter option![quoted image]

That’s great. Where did you get the raptor? Looks perfect there.

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

That’s great. Where did you get the raptor? Looks perfect there.

Where did he get the raptor? That's the LE's stock raptor.

#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

#363 set up and working great, no issues so far. Fantastic game![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great looking game!

#1114 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Where did he get the raptor? That's the LE's stock raptor.

It is? Okay I haven’t seen it in the photos of the machines. Must have missed it. Don’t have mine yet lol.

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

- yes I have seen this on further usage of the T-rex modes. I am guessing this is a code fix and will be addressed. The T-rex needs better logic to ensure its always lined up correctly. Hoping this gets addressed in future updates.
- The interlock switch was pulled out, not that. But the entire menu froze and I had to reboot.

I have had the menu freeze on me many times as well.

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

It is? Okay I haven’t seen it in the photos of the machines. Must have missed it. Don’t have mine yet lol.

That is just the stock raptor for the LE. I added the raptor pin mod.

#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

That is just the stock raptor for the LE. I added the raptor pin mod.

I like it. Mezelmods is sold out.

#1118 4 years ago

I'm still in my back and forth with Stern about my T-Rex rarely catching the ball. Can anyone please take a look at this short video and tell me if it's normal that the T-Rex's entire head shifts/pops to the left to compensate for the space of his upper jaw to fit within the space of the ramp? What this ends up doing is having his open jaw cocked to the left side of the ramp. If no one else's LE does this I have to think I've identified the issue. Really appreciate anyone taking a comparison/look. It's extremely difficult to film/show this while using the vertical test mode and in this mode I cannot make the jaw drop to make it more obvious.

Look very closely at the very last second of this 39sec video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iNzPW35N2UQKPrYEA

This is exactly what happens every time during regular gameplay just before he opens his jaw.

#1119 4 years ago

This was going to be my topper but I got it today and I think it is too big and heavy.

D906D923-B518-47C1-A0B1-05BE5A0EC713 (resized).jpegD906D923-B518-47C1-A0B1-05BE5A0EC713 (resized).jpeg
#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Does anyone have trouble with the T-rex not always being consistent? Sometimes he lines up perfect and goes down with mouth open. Other times he is off to the side and tries to go down and then just sits hitting the side of the ramp without opening his mouth. It's inconsistent and if I go into the test and test all the vert/horizontal switches he works fine again. This seems like a code bug as the T-rex is all lined up perfect.
I have also noticed sometimes when I go into the horizontal test that I get locked out of all inputs and cannot exit the test menu. I just am stuck on the horizontal test. Again this must be a code bug.
Anyone else have any issues like this with the T-rex eating the ball?

mummite
Just saw this after posting my closely related concern. Mine consistently doesn't line up with the ramp itself. See my post and video here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/23#post-5244106

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:This was going to be my topper but I got it today and I think it is too big and heavy.[quoted image]

Yeah, gotta be a tall room and strong legs to put a 5’10” 180lb topper on it...

#1122 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Did this mod work right out of the box for the LE's? I seem to remember some issues with the Pro vs the LE.

#1123 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

The list is growing nicely.
Updated list of Members LE's that have arrived. Congrats all to this lovely game.
I scanned the list and still no names from outside North America. Hope to see some coming in from overseas.
If I missed someone just DM or post.
011 cjmjmm2006
026 da_topper
044 medfly
049 PDX-Mike
073 Pickleric
075 Cdonnerusmc
078 charliew65
099 PiperPinball
101 youdontknowme
119 zavadoza
120 youdontknowme
121 youdontknowme
122 younginvisions
130 hassellcastle
135 blimpey
154 Mummite
159 catchlight
161 mthirkell
172 Tatman9999
176 Jerol
177 Carz5811
188 Chappie101
200 peanuts
218 Arcadem
242 gotfrogs
252 vongator
260 t7
263 Aukraut
269 MSLOW
270 C_Presley
274 TheGunnett
278 breger1
290 HawkMonn77
301 FrankMac
310 SunFox
313 scooterd
332 Banker
348 Tacreno
349 EVH347
350 tuflyf
362 TimLah79
363 TradesMan
375 dylanfan71
378 coindropper
380 Pinstein
418 BANE
475 ToddW
498 Jints56
Have a great day Guys.

Thanks for putting the list together Royale-W-Cheese !!
I always like to take a look at who and what number..

#1124 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I like it. Mezelmods is sold out.

They are not sold out...more accurately, they are replacing previous raptor tower and raptor pen orders with premium/LE compatibility issues before taking on new orders.

#1125 4 years ago
Quoted from catchlight:

Did this mod work right out of the box for the LE's? I seem to remember some issues with the Pro vs the LE.

The MezelMods website has an option for selecting which version you want the mod to work with. The version that works worth the Pro doesn’t fit the Premium/LE. It’s the raptor toy that gets in the way. MezelMods has been redesigning the mod so that it works with the Premium/LE.

Gotfrogs has the newer version that works with the Premium/LE.

#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from catchlight:

It was shipped as a mod for the LE but there was a minor issue with there not being clearance for one of the screws, I just melted away some material with a soldering iron and it worked great.

IMG_2044 (resized).jpgIMG_2044 (resized).jpg
#1127 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

mummite
Just saw this after posting my closely related concern. Mine consistently doesn't line up with the ramp itself. See my post and video here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/23#post-5244106

I’ll play with mine tomorrow. I do get rejects too. Very inconsistent rejects that I haven’t been able to reliably blame my shooting on or the machine to this point.

Where exactly is that software setting to toggle the T-rex movement? I’ve not found it yet and I’m missing it in the manual.

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I’ll play with mine tomorrow. I do get rejects too. Very inconsistent rejects that I haven’t been able to reliably blame my shooting on or the machine to this point.
Where exactly is that software setting to toggle the T-rex movement? I’ve not found it yet and I’m missing it in the manual.

So, my issue, after using the test-diag menu for vertical, is that at it's lowest setting, it's still a good inch or more from the ramp.... I have hit plenty of balls perfectly that just go SDTM afterwards after rejecting... very frustrating... also, when the T Rex head comes down, it also 'jogs' to the left side ... but, the head is just slightly off center... I think the big issue is that it's nowhere near the ramp...

The menu options (last 3) for in game doesn't seem to have a vertical adjustment... unless I'm not understanding how they work... I have tried -15 to +15 and the head just goes crazy from side to side, and doesn't change how close it gets to the ramp.

For a less than a day old machine, should I be going to Stern or the Distributor? I'm not interested in taking the machine apart myself to mechanically adjust...

Thanks all

TREX (resized).jpgTREX (resized).jpg
#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks for putting the list together eightballtexas !!
I always like to take a look at who and what number..

Thank You Sir.

#1130 4 years ago
Quoted from scooterd:

So, my issue, after using the test-diag menu for vertical, is that at it's lowest setting, it's still a good inch or more from the ramp.... I have hit plenty of balls perfectly that just go SDTM afterwards after rejecting... very frustrating... also, when the T Rex head comes down, it also 'jogs' to the left side ... but, the head is just slightly off center... I think the big issue is that it's nowhere near the ramp...
The menu options (last 3) for in game doesn't seem to have a vertical adjustment... unless I'm not understanding how they work... I have tried -15 to +15 and the head just goes crazy from side to side, and doesn't change how close it gets to the ramp.
For a less than a day old machine, should I be going to Stern or the Distributor? I'm not interested in taking the machine apart myself to mechanically adjust...
Thanks all[quoted image]

711A865A-3875-4E2B-959D-29B5EA9F39B2 (resized).jpeg711A865A-3875-4E2B-959D-29B5EA9F39B2 (resized).jpeg
#1131 4 years ago

I’ve seen that graphic before, but thanks for re-posting.

What would be more helpful is the exact menu options for, ‘enter vertical motor test’.

I haven’t found it in the LE manual on how to do this. Standard adjustment? Feature adjustment? Utilities? Test? Where?

#1132 4 years ago

The list is growing nicely.
Updated list of Members LE's that have arrived. Congrats all to this lovely game.
I scanned the list and still no names from outside North America. Hope to see some coming in from overseas.
If I missed someone just DM or post.
011 cjmjmm2006
026 da_topper
044 medfly
049 PDX-Mike
073 Pickleric
075 Cdonnerusmc
078 charliew65
099 PiperPinball
101 youdontknowme
119 zavadoza
120 youdontknowme
121 youdontknowme
122 younginvisions
130 hassellcastle
135 blimpey
154 Mummite
159 catchlight
161 mthirkell
172 Tatman9999
176 Jerol
177 Carz5811
188 Chappie101
200 peanuts
218 Arcadem
242 gotfrogs
252 vongator
260 t7
263 Aukraut
269 MSLOW
270 C_Presley
274 TheGunnett
278 breger1
290 HawkMonn77
301 FrankMac
310 SunFox
313 scooterd
332 Banker
348 Tacreno
349 EVH347
350 tuflyf
362 TimLah79
363 TradesMan
375 dylanfan71
378 coindropper
380 Pinstein
418 BANE
475 ToddW
498 Jints56
Have a great day Guys.

I got 107/500

#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I’ve seen that graphic before, but thanks for re-posting.
What would be more helpful is the exact menu options for, ‘enter vertical motor test’.
I haven’t found it in the LE manual on how to do this. Standard adjustment? Feature adjustment? Utilities? Test? Where?

To get into the vertical test select "Diag", then "Game", then "Vert" for the T-Rex Vertical test.

Quoted from scooterd:

Thanks all[quoted image]

When I first got mine it was also (like yours) too high above the ramp and rejecting probably 3-out-of-4 or 4-out-of-5 shots. After the information about the physical bracket adjustment was released I spent a bunch of time monkeying with it one night and I think I figured out the gist of it. When you go into the T-Rex Vertical Test, there are three T-Rex head heights you can toggle to by using the +/- buttons. You'll need to pull out the white interlock switch at the coin door hinge in order for power to go to the system while you're using the vertical test. First, hit the - button to lower the head. Then hit the Start button (same one you push to start a game) to open the mouth to see how high the mouth is off the ramp when it lowers & opens during the game. Check to see how high the bottom of the mouth is off the ramp in this position (T-Rex head low in the vertical test and mouth open). Pushing the start button again closes the mouth. It seems to me that if the bottom of the mouth is more than about 1/4 inch above the ramp you might want to lower it a bit.

To adjust the height, return the T-Rex head to the middle level of the Vertical Test by hitting the + button while it's in the lowest position. Now you'll need to pull the playfield out to the service position so you can loosen the 4 nuts behind the backboard holding the bracket in place (the nut on the bottom right as you're facing the machine is a blind shot to try to find it with the hex driver but it was very do-able once you found it - it's in a symmetrical position to the other nuts). I played it safe by turning the power off before I went to loosen the nuts. Don't loosen them very much, just enough to release the grip on the bracket. If I recall correctly, when I got all four only just loose enough to release the grip on the bracket the head lowered down a bit on its own. If it doesn't lower by its own weight, then you'll want to gently push the head down until the bracket won't let it lower any further. It's not a lot of movement down, but it's enough.

From here when I was monkeying with it I re-tightened the nuts on the bracket, pushed the playfield back in, powered the machine up, lowered the T-Rex head to the low position in the vertical test, and hit the start button to open the mouth. The mouth now completely rested on the ramp when it was open. When I hit start again to close the mouth it wouldn't close (I'm guessing because it hadn't opened all the way). I had to nudge the mouth with my finger to close it. So that meant I'd hit the bottom range of adjustment, and I was a bit too low. So I pulled the playfield back out, moved the T-Rex head back to the middle position of the vertical adjustment test and powered the machine down again. Then I re-loosened the nuts and only just a very, very, very little bit lifted and held the T-Rex head in place with one hand while I re-tightened the two most accessible nuts to hold it in place, and then tightened the other two. It was really only just the slightest lift up to get enough of an adjustment - just enough so the horseshoe openings of the bracket for the screws weren't in contact with the screws any more. A very slight adjustment in the bracket with the head height in the middle position of the vertical test translated to more of an adjustment in the lowered head & open mouth position than I expected it would.

After that, I retested by pushing the playfield back in, lowering the head in the vertical test, and hitting start. The bottom of the mouth was now probably only about 1/4 inch above the ramp & I figured it was close enough to try it out. Since then it's been catching probably 4-out-of-5 or 5-out-of-6 balls that it legitimately should. There are still some that it misses that I think it should catch and my distributor said he got a better understanding now of some of the software adjustments that can be made but I haven't had time in over a week to call him and go over it. I think once I get those figured out I'll be good to go. This is just my experience from memory, but I hope it helps a bit.

One thing to note. Watch the T-Rex head when you raise and lower the playfield. Make sure it's pretty centered looking down the ramp before you power up.
A couple times I didn't realize mine had swung to my right (its left) and was up against the left ramp where it goes through the backboard. When I powered up it started grinding, so I just immediately powered down. It was okay because I only had to use my hand to easily move it back to center before powering up again, but hearing that sound took a couple years off my life.

I think it's an amazing mech and it just needs a bit of tweaking to dial it in. The physical bracket adjustment just wasn't very intuitive. I figured the right position to make the adjustment would be in the low position of the vertical test, but it was impossible to make an adjustment in that position. I just kind of stumbled onto the fact that you need to make the bracket adjustment while it's in the middle position by accident (I didn't try the high position at all). Hope this helps. I'm sure the software side of the adjustments will really help too, but I don't know anything about them yet.

Quoted from timlah79:

I'm still in my back and forth with Stern about my T-Rex rarely catching the ball. Can anyone please take a look at this short video and tell me if it's normal that the T-Rex's entire head shifts/pops to the left to compensate for the space of his upper jaw to fit within the space of the ramp? What this ends up doing is having his open jaw cocked to the left side of the ramp. If no one else's LE does this I have to think I've identified the issue. Really appreciate anyone taking a comparison/look. It's extremely difficult to film/show this while using the vertical test mode and in this mode I cannot make the jaw drop to make it more obvious.
Look very closely at the very last second of this 39sec video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iNzPW35N2UQKPrYEA
This is exactly what happens every time during regular gameplay just before he opens his jaw.

The link to your video didn't work for me, but the mouth of mine also skews a bit to the left to fit into the ramp when it opens. After making the height adjustment it's catching balls a lot more reliably, but I'm definitely wondering if this left skew could be resolved by a software adjustment to dial it in even better. I'm guessing there are one or two other software adjustments that might help, but I don't want to mess with them without first hearing from someone who knows what each one does.

#1134 4 years ago

Thank you for this. I am a home user , so I have never removed the playfield.... so dumb question - how exactly do I do this? Like, super basic! I also know I need to get the balls out before doing so.

Would it be normal to expect the distributor to make this adjustment?

Thanks! ,
Newb

Quoted from EaglePin:

To get into the vertical test select "Diag", then "Game", then "Vert" for the T-Rex Vertical test.

When I first got mine it was also (like yours) too high above the ramp and rejecting probably 3-out-of-4 or 4-out-of-5 shots. After the information about the physical bracket adjustment was released I spent a bunch of time monkeying with it one night and I think I figured out the gist of it. When you go into the T-Rex Vertical Test, there are three T-Rex head heights you can toggle to by using the +/- buttons. You'll need to pull out the white interlock switch at the coin door hinge in order for power to go to the system while you're using the vertical test. First, hit the - button to lower the head. Then hit the Start button (same one you push to start a game) to open the mouth to see how high the mouth is off the ramp when it lowers & opens during the game. Check to see how high the bottom of the mouth is off the ramp in this position (T-Rex head low in the vertical test and mouth open). Pushing the start button again closes the mouth. It seems to me that if the bottom of the mouth is more than about 1/4 inch above the ramp you might want to lower it a bit.
To adjust the height, return the T-Rex head to the middle level of the Vertical Test by hitting the + button while it's in the lowest position. Now you'll need to pull the playfield out to the service position so you can loosen the 4 nuts behind the backboard holding the bracket in place (the nut on the bottom right as you're facing the machine is a blind shot to try to find it with the hex driver but it was very do-able once you found it - it's in a symmetrical position to the other nuts). I played it safe by turning the power off before I went to loosen the nuts. Don't loosen them very much, just enough to release the grip on the bracket. If I recall correctly, when I got all four only just loose enough to release the grip on the bracket the head lowered down a bit on its own. If it doesn't lower by its own weight, then you'll want to gently push the head down until the bracket won't let it lower any further. It's not a lot of movement down, but it's enough.
From here when I was monkeying with it I re-tightened the nuts on the bracket, pushed the playfield back in, powered the machine up, lowered the T-Rex head to the low position in the vertical test, and hit the start button to open the mouth. The mouth now completely rested on the ramp when it was open. When I hit start again to close the mouth it wouldn't close (I'm guessing because it hadn't opened all the way). I had to nudge the mouth with my finger to close it. So that meant I'd hit the bottom range of adjustment, and I was a bit too low. So I pulled the playfield back out, moved the T-Rex head back to the middle position of the vertical adjustment test and powered the machine down again. Then I re-loosened the nuts and only just a very, very, very little bit lifted and held the T-Rex head in place with one hand while I re-tightened the two most accessible nuts to hold it in place, and then tightened the other two. It was really only just the slightest lift up to get enough of an adjustment - just enough so the horseshoe openings of the bracket for the screws weren't in contact with the screws any more. A very slight adjustment in the bracket with the head height in the middle position of the vertical test translated to more of an adjustment in the lowered head & open mouth position than I expected it would.
After that, I retested by pushing the playfield back in, lowering the head in the vertical test, and hitting start. The bottom of the mouth was now probably only about 1/4 inch above the ramp & I figured it was close enough to try it out. Since then it's been catching probably 4-out-of-5 or 5-out-of-6 balls that it legitimately should. There are still some that it misses that I think it should catch and my distributor said he got a better understanding now of some of the software adjustments that can be made but I haven't had time in over a week to call him and go over it. I think once I get those figured out I'll be good to go. This is just my experience from memory, but I hope it helps a bit.
One thing to note. Watch the T-Rex head when you raise and lower the playfield. Make sure it's pretty centered looking down the ramp before you power up.
A couple times I didn't realize mine had swung to my right (its left) and was up against the left ramp where it goes through the backboard. When I powered up it started grinding, so I just immediately powered down. It was okay because I only had to use my hand to easily move it back to center before powering up again, but hearing that sound took a couple years off my life.
I think it's an amazing mech and it just needs a bit of tweaking to dial it in. The physical bracket adjustment just wasn't very intuitive. I figured the right position to make the adjustment would be in the low position of the vertical test, but it was impossible to make an adjustment in that position. I just kind of stumbled onto the fact that you need to make the bracket adjustment while it's in the middle position by accident (I didn't try the high position at all). Hope this helps. I'm sure the software side of the adjustments will really help too, but I don't know anything about them yet.

The link to your video didn't work for me, but the mouth of mine also skews a bit to the left to fit into the ramp when it opens. After making the height adjustment it's catching balls a lot more reliably, but I'm definitely wondering if this left skew could be resolved by a software adjustment to dial it in even better. I'm guessing there are one or two other software adjustments that might help, but I don't want to mess with them without first hearing from someone who knows what each one does.

#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from scooterd:

Thank you for this. I am a home user , so I have never removed the playfield.... so dumb question - how exactly do I do this? Like, super basic! I also know I need to get the balls out before doing so.
Thanks! ,
Newb

YouTube has many how to videos:

#1136 4 years ago
Quoted from scooterd:

Thanks! ,
Newb

It just lifts up by the apron and then slides out very easily. On this machine when you’re done and ready to slide the playfield back in, it’s probably best to slide it back to the point it hits a stop & then lift it up a bit by the handle attached to the back of the playfield to get it past the stop, and then you can slide it in the rest of the way again from the front.

I’d say try to tackle it yourself. I was in your same position a year ago. I’m an accountant and had zero point zero mechanical or fix-it experience in anything, let alone pinball. By using the keyword search and reading advice on Pinside & slowly getting a feel for how some of the mechanics of the machine are supposed to work I’ve become more comfortable tinkering with it and making some minor adjustments. I still have a long, long way to go (for just two examples, I still need to learn to solder and I have no clue about the boards for electronics). When I bought my 1st machine last year I didn’t even know what a nut driver was. Now I have a set of them (very handy on these machines). I suggest going slow, learning as much as you can, and asking questions for advice when you aren’t sure. It’s fun learning about it as you go.

#1137 4 years ago
Quoted from scooterd:

Thanks all[quoted image]

If it helps, I get around 100% with mine and it is slightly askew to the angle of the ramp. I adjusted the setting to get it almost perfect with the ramp, but then I noticed a few balls were rejected that might have made it before I played with the menu settings. I can't tell if it was some off shots or if I made it worse. I set it back to the way it was, and it plays great. I also found that a slight lowering of flipper power helped as well.

My height is set much lower than yours. I did not see an adjustment for height, but there is a test for it. I believe the height adjustment is made mechanically while you are in test mode under the settings. I know it can seem a bit overwhelming to dig in that deeply into a new game, but it may not prove to be too difficult.

#1138 4 years ago

For anyone following along on the issues with my playfield, there is an update.

Two senior people at Stern reached out to me over the last week or so after hearing about the issues and seeing the pictures. They are sending a new, populated PF to my distributor who will swap it out for me. Everyone was extremely kind to me throughout the process. It should take about a week or so to arrive. I wanted to thank everyone here as well for your counsel and support. Knowing what I might expect (and should ask for) was very helpful.

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Two senior people at Stern reached out to me over the last week or so after hearing about the issues and seeing the pictures. They are sending a new, populated PF to my distributor who will swap it out for me. Everyone was extremely kind to me throughout the process. It should take about a week or so to arrive. I wanted to thank everyone here as well for your counsel and support. Knowing what I might expect (and should ask for) was very helpful.

Awesome News!

Thanks for sharing, and doing so with a positive attitude.

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Good job Stern

#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

That’s great! Very good to hear they’re taking care of it. Big contrast there to the JJP POTC experience.

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm SUPER happy to hear that they're sorting you out the right way. You've been super calm and cool about what I would have probably flipped my lid over. It's great to know that Stern took the situation seriously. I've had a few issues with my Sterns, but they've always been helpful and gotten me straightened out.

#1143 4 years ago

The last Stern pin I got was Iron Maiden. It came with a bunch of key fobs. Is the Premium or LE getting any cool key fobs? I think I'll be getting a Premium.

#1144 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

That's great to hear - glad that Stern is making it right and also that your distributor has your back.

#1145 4 years ago

4884750A-6EB3-4E9D-9E82-4664DF37C1F4 (resized).jpeg4884750A-6EB3-4E9D-9E82-4664DF37C1F4 (resized).jpeg
#1146 4 years ago

Anyone heard if those Premiums are being built yet!

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

#068[quoted image]

Awesome news, Congrats. I will add your name to the exclusive list of 500.

I think we need to have a annual Steak and Beer party , steaks on me...lol...2 cows should do it. I mean this is Texas.

Keep posting those units folks.

#1148 4 years ago

Awesome news, Congrats. I will add your name to the exclusive list of 500.
I think we need to have a annual Steak and Beer party , steaks on me...lol...2 cows should do it. I mean this is Texas.
Keep posting those units folks.

Where is the list being kept?

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It just lifts up by the apron and then slides out very easily. On this machine when you’re done and ready to slide the playfield back in, it’s probably best to slide it back to the point it hits a stop & then lift it up a bit by the handle attached to the back of the playfield to get it past the stop, and then you can slide it in the rest of the way again from the front.
I’d say try to tackle it yourself. I was in your same position a year ago. I’m an accountant and had zero point zero mechanical or fix-it experience in anything, let alone pinball. By using the keyword search and reading advice on Pinside & slowly getting a feel for how some of the mechanics of the machine are supposed to work I’ve become more comfortable tinkering with it and making some minor adjustments. I still have a long, long way to go (for just two examples, I still need to learn to solder and I have no clue about the boards for electronics). When I bought my 1st machine last year I didn’t even know what a nut driver was. Now I have a set of them (very handy on these machines). I suggest going slow, learning as much as you can, and asking questions for advice when you aren’t sure. It’s fun learning about it as you go.

Nice explanation Eaglepin. I too had very little mechanical experience and now I've done full playfield swaps. But, I would never classify myself as an expert in pins. I definitely started at zero too.

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

yay for you and THANK YOU Stern. I love to hear good customer service experiences.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
There are 9,200 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/23?hl=phoenixpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.