(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 185.
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Anyone else getting balls stuck in the gate by the spinner?[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from EaglePin:

I have over 125 plays on mine and I had it hang up there once. Only took a very, very slight nudge to get mine to release.

Ha! You jinxed me. I just played and it hung up there again. Took a harder nudge to free it this time.

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I need to swap the raptor pit mod still since it doesn’t work on premiums/LE. Also got the lighted speaker kit, speaker acrylic and one of those barbasol cans Flashinstinct is making.
Purchased most of it over time in anticipation, hopefully they start shipping out soon.[quoted image]

Where did you order the shooter rod?

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Anyone else getting balls stuck in the gate by the spinner?

It has happened twice and it took more than a nudge to move it.

#954 4 years ago

Premium is on order! I'm in queue to join the club.

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Amazon has the PSW10 subwoofer on sale for $100. I just ordered me one.

Awesome catch, I just grabbed one too! It was $130 when I checked the other day.

#957 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Where did you order the shooter rod?

It’s the one from Modfather

#958 4 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

It has happened twice and it took more than a nudge to move it.

Its happened to me a good number of times, and it can take a very good nudge to get it free. Often tilting out.

I opened a case with Stern and they are checking into it. Will follow up with any fixes they suggest.

#959 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Here’s what my raptor looks like when I tilt it forward:[quoted image]

Thanks @eaglepin. Does the plastic guard disallow it from breaching the edge of the guard? I can't tell whether it's supposed to clear that or not. My guess is no, it's supposed to block it since the screw of the counterbalance itself on mine can't possibly clear it. Knowing that may help me figure out what the holistic fix would be here. I may just shoot Stern a note now for good measure.

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Thanks eaglepin. Does the plastic guard disallow it from breaching the edge of the guard? I can't tell whether it's supposed to clear that or not. My guess is no, it's supposed to block it since the screw of the counterbalance itself on mine can't possibly clear it. Knowing that may help me figure out what the holistic fix would be here. I may just shoot Stern a note now for good measure.

The plastic guard blocks the counterbalance on mine. I’m guessing that’s the way it was designed. If yours is getting hung up on the counterbalance can you try something to change the spot where it’s getting caught? Maybe wrapping some black electrical tape around the counterbalance at that spot would eliminate the ridge that’s catching on the plastic?

#961 4 years ago

Recommendations for mods? LE just arrived!

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Recommendations for mods? LE just arrived!

First thing I would do/did is hook a sub up to it. You need to feel the T-Rex ROAR! Sub + Shaker is fantastic.

#963 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

two people contacted me and told me i had the sub hooked up wrong, although it worked i switched to this set up and it is way better! Thank you for letting me know guys![quoted image]

Charliew65 Maybe I missed it in a different post, but can you show the connection coming from the audio outputs/connectors on the pin? Are you using just speaker wire on both ends? Thanks!

#964 4 years ago

So I think I've played this enough to be able to rate this one for the Top 100. If the 9 initial ratings are any indication, the LE could take over the top spot (I'm sure the premium will be right there with it once it starts getting played). I actually think it deserves it. 6 more ratings needed for it to be eligible.

#965 4 years ago

Its common for any decent stern game to show up high in the top 100 initially. Many of the ratings are coming from owners of the game in the honeymoon period, which tend to skew higher. Majority of the ratings are pinsiders with 2 years or less on pinside, myself included. If the game does show up in the top 10, the next week it will often get an influx of ratings to correct it. Many of those correction ratings will be from people who haven’t or barely played the game, but have an opinion based on a youtube video. As the game approaches a year old, code matures, and we get a more balanced distribution of raters we start to get a better idea of where the title may sit. That said, ITS AN AMAZING GAME!

#966 4 years ago

#274 JP setup next to # 500 Maiden, Mr Elwin has produced two amazing games!
My box has warning label about CA hazardous Chemicals. Good! I hope they used some good old school stuff!

556B7AA8-D32B-4785-BFF3-16845A68FB88 (resized).jpeg556B7AA8-D32B-4785-BFF3-16845A68FB88 (resized).jpeg018AC57C-7995-4956-B11B-ED5E4F809413 (resized).jpeg018AC57C-7995-4956-B11B-ED5E4F809413 (resized).jpeg81C292F4-C144-48F4-9D7C-CBAF4D03ADF4 (resized).jpeg81C292F4-C144-48F4-9D7C-CBAF4D03ADF4 (resized).jpeg1EA47D9C-0A46-4DFD-ABAD-76FABF6731E2 (resized).jpeg1EA47D9C-0A46-4DFD-ABAD-76FABF6731E2 (resized).jpeg9CACFC46-51DC-454D-ADFC-F2FA73A7FF15 (resized).jpeg9CACFC46-51DC-454D-ADFC-F2FA73A7FF15 (resized).jpeg52F8E36F-2841-475F-B29B-7B113125D4DC (resized).jpeg52F8E36F-2841-475F-B29B-7B113125D4DC (resized).jpeg898B7311-7824-421B-9083-397F3184ADE6 (resized).jpeg898B7311-7824-421B-9083-397F3184ADE6 (resized).jpeg11B11A6D-83B6-4429-AC32-2FE56D3EB148 (resized).jpeg11B11A6D-83B6-4429-AC32-2FE56D3EB148 (resized).jpeg
#967 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

My box has warning label about CA hazardous Chemicals. Good! I hope they used some good old school stuff![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice game room and cool cats!

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

My box has warning label about CA hazardous Chemicals. Good! I hope they used some good old school stuff![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your cats are the best part of this post! Mine won't dare come into the spare bedroom where my pin resides (at least not yet). Your game room setup comes in a close 2nd, especially with those standing mats! I've already been thinking about those -- hardwood floors and my short GF's tiny feet are in dire need! Thanks for sharing!

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Being 30 years in the medical profession you are very naive to think PB compounds in your machine is a good thing. They are dangerous and if my table arrives with that label, I will be concerned about material in the game, even though I love the gameplay, layout, theme, flow, toys, etc. Will be contacting Stern about this one directly. No Stern NIB machine I’ve received to date has had that warning label. I don’t agree with many things Cali does, but on this one, they are right.

#970 4 years ago

Lead (Pb) has been in pinball machines for 100 years, although Europe and other countries won't accept electronics with lead, so it's interesting to see that label. I thought stern did away with lead solder and lead trace when Europe put the rohs ban into effect years ago. This is the first time I have ever seen this label on a stern game. Wonder what stern is doing for exporting this game?

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Being 30 years in the medical profession you are very naive to think PB compounds in your machine is a good thing. They are super dangerous and if my table arrives with that label, I will be rethinking the game, even though I love the gameplay, layout, theme, flow, toys, etc. Will be contacting Stern about this one directly. No Stern NIB machine I’ve received to date has had that warning label. I don’t agree with many things Cali does, but on this one, they are right.

#971 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Being 30 years in the medical profession you are very naive to think PB compounds in your machine is a good thing. They are super dangerous and if my table arrives with that label, I will be rethinking the game, even though I love the gameplay, layout, theme, flow, toys, etc. Will be contacting Stern about this one directly. No Stern NIB machine I’ve received to date has had that warning label. I don’t agree with many things Cali does, but on this one, they are right.

Don’t eat it, just play it

#972 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Lead (Pb) has been in pinball machines for 100 years, although Europe and other countries won't accept electronics with lead, so it's interesting to see that label. I thought stern did away with lead solder and lead trace when Europe put the rohs ban into effect years ago. This is the first time I have ever seen this label on a stern game. Wonder what stern is doing for exporting this game?

If it is only in the solder, then that is not as bad as I thought, although still not good. Do you think the solder is what it is referring to?
I was thinking it was referring to PF composition? But you think it is solder only?

#973 4 years ago

No there is no lead used in the playfield ,highly unlikely , if they have, they’ve gone back in time 50 years

My guess is parts like coil stops have a certain lead percentage in the composition .

I really would not worry about it . I think what we breathe in every day as “ fresh” air contains more toxins than your game will ever release

#974 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

No there is no lead used in the playfield ,highly unlikely , if they have, they’ve gone back in time 50 years
My guess is parts like coil stops have a certain lead percentage in the composition .
I really would not worry about it . I think what we breathe in every day as “ fresh” air contains more toxins than your game will ever release

Well, that is my thought too, but I’ve contacted Stern to see what their explanation is. I know California can be ridiculous on materials used at times and would prefer to ban many things. They were the one’s leading the charge years ago to do away with lead in gasoline. Lead is not a good thing and if that is the BP product they are referring to, it’ll be interesting.

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Being 30 years in the medical profession you are very naive to think PB compounds in your machine is a good thing. They are dangerous and if my table arrives with that label, I will be concerned about material in the game, even though I love the gameplay, layout, theme, flow, toys, etc. Will be contacting Stern about this one directly. No Stern NIB machine I’ve received to date has had that warning label. I don’t agree with many things Cali does, but on this one, they are right.

You have to understand, California thinks everything causes cancer. Liberals have fucked that state up.

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Liberals have messed that state up.

I know the state is messed up and the most socialized state in the union unfortunately, lol.

#977 4 years ago

Pretty much every product I buy has the stupid California sticker on it. Everything.

#978 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I know the state is messed up and the most socialized state in the union unfortunately, lol.

Lol why did you edit my fucked to messed? It’s fucked up, seriously

#979 4 years ago

I know it is acceptable language by some, but not me. That is why. I choose not to use vulgar language. When I was taught English in school I don’t recall the F word being used as a noun, verb, or what not and don’t understand why people feel the need to talk to one another that way. If I used that type language, my mouth was washed out with soap by my mother to get it clean again. Lol

#980 4 years ago

Gotcha, still weird to quote someone and then edit what they said, it’s not like you are actually saying it......

#981 4 years ago

Some part unique to this game was changed and now it has lead in it so they are mandated to put the sticker on the box. Only Stern knows what part. Again that will have to change if they are exporting it to any country with a ROHS ban.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

If it is only in the solder, then that is not as bad as I thought, although still not good. Do you think the solder is what it is referring to?
I was thinking it was referring to PF composition? But you think it is solder only?

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I was in California visiting my daughter a while back and stopped by the local Harley Davidson dealership there to get some stuff. Right smack dab blasted across the front door was the same Prop 65 warning. And it pertained to basically anything made with plastics and any petroleum product. It was on the door of the rental car company at the airport too. A bit overkill I say.

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I was in California visiting my daughter a while back and stopped by the local Harley Davidson dealership there to get some stuff. Right smack dab blasted across the front door was the same Prop 65 warning. And it pertained to basically anything made with plastics and any petroleum product. It was on the door of the rental car company at the airport too. A bit overkill I say.

Just imagine all the extra materials and printing inks used to produce all these warnings.

Yes , very environmentally friendly indeed...

#984 4 years ago

Paint thinner and Christmas ornaments have it. Move on.

#985 4 years ago

I didn’t get that sticker on my box, maybe they are sending the poisonous materials to California on purpose?

#986 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

hahaha - how ridiculous. These people are out of their minds.

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

charliew65 Maybe I missed it in a different post, but can you show the connection coming from the audio outputs/connectors on the pin? Are you using just speaker wire on both ends? Thanks!

alligator clips one side just speaker wire on the other end, make sure you hook up to speaker INPUT and make sure +-+ and - to -

34E9C27B-63AA-450D-B383-6D57CF85176C (resized).jpeg34E9C27B-63AA-450D-B383-6D57CF85176C (resized).jpegCFF09F9D-8817-42F8-A7A4-1C367C694F6E (resized).jpegCFF09F9D-8817-42F8-A7A4-1C367C694F6E (resized).jpeg
#988 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

You have to understand, California thinks everything causes cancer. Liberals have fucked that state up.

I would upvote your post 1000 times if I could.

#989 4 years ago

Not just California. Just picked up and can’t wait to play.

1dc7a597d167505f017d00160d64a41876221a51.jpeg.pdf1dc7a597d167505f017d00160d64a41876221a51.jpeg.pdf
#990 4 years ago

I am from farm country, know a lot of farmers that love to bitch about CA... as they are depositing CA subsidy checks.

#991 4 years ago

Reagan and Schwartzeneggar did it. Bastards. Isn’t this a Jurassic Park thread?

#992 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

alligator clips one side just speaker wire on the other end, make sure you hook up to speaker INPUT and make sure +-+ and - to -[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, that's what I gathered @charliew65 thanks! I decided to take the existing cabinet sub out of the mix by detaching the harness/connector and just connecting the speaker wire to the harness itself. Unsure what frequencies actually travel through the existing sub, but if it's only lows then it seems like only running audio through the new sub makes sense. However, either way I really have to crank the new sub vol. control. Doesn't appear that the existing line pushes much volume through... or since it's only leveraging a L or a R channel when it hits the new sub, the vol. is cut in half. I'm looking into this kit actually:
PINsub SPIKE Stern Kit.

Do you have the same result aka need to turn the new sub vol up quite a bit?

#993 4 years ago

Just received the news that my JP2 LE is arriving soon.
Has anyone posted on here (easy to print) custom Free Play cards?
I'm pretty sure the game already comes with a color Instruction card.
So psyched to receive the pin.

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I don't think you are familiar with California prop 65 and just how absurd its labeling requirements really are.

You pretty much can't walk into any place in California without seeing those signs. That's why it's the running joke... it's regulation that is so obscene it's literally useless because everything is a risk under Prop 65.

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well, that is my thought too, but I’ve contacted Stern to see what their explanation is. I know California can be ridiculous on materials used at times and would prefer to ban many things. They were the one’s leading the charge years ago to do away with lead in gasoline. Lead is not a good thing and if that is the BP product they are referring to, it’ll be interesting.

My guess would be the solder. I’ve been using lead based solder since I was 20 years old in the navy.... I’m still here at 51.

I would be willing to bet the warning label is based on California’s low PPM thresholds for lead and other “possible carcinogens.” They wanted to put labels on coffee cups because coffee contains acrylamide ffs. https://www.livescience.com/61598-lawsuit-warns-of-coffee-cancer-risk.html

It’s a non-issue as far as I’m concerned. If pinball hasn’t killed me yet, it’s never going to. Been playing for 41 years and I still suck. But man, do I have fun.

#996 4 years ago

Yay. I just got the notification from UPS that Stern created the shipping label for the parts they forgot to install on the playfield. It shouldn't be long now!

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Anyone put Pinstadiums on their LE? The game is a little dark - I'm thinking about adding them.

Pinstadium Omegas in both the Elwin games because they have metal ramps.

25B28272-D2DC-4219-A26F-C6BEBCC57E12 (resized).jpeg25B28272-D2DC-4219-A26F-C6BEBCC57E12 (resized).jpeg3A3D8DC8-1747-4278-88EC-4DFC53E8C21C (resized).jpeg3A3D8DC8-1747-4278-88EC-4DFC53E8C21C (resized).jpeg471A2B48-708C-4FDD-A633-6E586D8A69BC (resized).jpeg471A2B48-708C-4FDD-A633-6E586D8A69BC (resized).jpegBE43CB04-F640-4CED-B72A-D0DE2F6E166D (resized).jpegBE43CB04-F640-4CED-B72A-D0DE2F6E166D (resized).jpeg
#998 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Pinstadium Omegas in both the Elwin games because they have metal ramps.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do I understand correctly that the Omegas do not have the bulb like reflections on the playfield when they are on?

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from catchlight:

Do I understand correctly that the Omegas do not have the bulb like reflections on the playfield when they are on?

That’s correct, but check out this thread for any additional information. People only like certain mods to be showed off!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/110#post-5235710

#1000 4 years ago

God it annoys me that people feel the need to downvote someone if the post anything positive towards Pinstadiums?? So bloody childish. Why do they care what another’s preference are??

And for reference I don’t own any pinstadiums.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/20?hl=rydhia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.