(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 185.
#901 4 years ago

#362 is all set up! Added my Lego topper and a programmable LED strip. Doesn't look like there's room for the T-Rex itself but that's ok. I've attached it well using Collectors Hold Museum Putty. Hopefully that was the right move! Man, when the shaker really gets going it does seem like the Lego is going to explode but I think it will be alright! I'd love any advice on how to better light it up BTW (tiny spotlights?).

I'm about 30 games in and no problems so far! The playfield is flawless from what I can tell. Only minor issues (which are likely more newbie curiosities than anything IMO) but folks might want to know about:

- The raptor toy's counterbalance weight is not quite a straight cylinder, so it was getting stuck above the plastic guard when leaning forward. All I had to do was turn it so that the fatter side of it kept it under the plastic. Problem solved.
- The upper flipper post was very loose. Fortunately we caught that before playing and tightened it up.
- I'm unsure how the T-Rex jaw is supposed to lay on the ramp. It seems to lay slightly off-set to the left and many times hasn't caught the ball. But again the ramp itself is curved so maybe this is expected? And also expected to not be a guaranteed contact even if you make a solid shot up the ramp? Maybe I just need to play better!
- I'd like to be able to dial down the shaker and disable it electronically from time to time but I assume that's not a thing (yet).

LMK if you want to see pictures of any of the above.

In all, I am truly blown away by this game and extremely happy with it. I was looking for my first pin to be one that will keep me coming back home to free play in between gallivanting around all of the amazing pin spots in Seattle. I think I got it right with this purchase!
JPLE - Edition Plate 362.jpgJPLE - Edition Plate 362.jpgJPLE - Lego Topper1.jpgJPLE - Lego Topper1.jpgJPLE - Full-Right.jpgJPLE - Full-Right.jpgJPLE - Full-Front.jpgJPLE - Full-Front.jpg

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Okay. In my personal opinion.
- The best game I've ever played. Both the best in terms of approachability for casual players new to the game, and the best for continuing to challenge owners with depth, nuance, options, and customized experiences.
- Best toy. And best implementation of a toy. Eating the ball, throwing it in different ways, synchronization to sound effects. Watching the ball during gameplay, user interaction, Trex multiball, Trex car chase scene, Trex save the person trapped in the car, Trex rampage... So many uses. It's an amazing addition.
- Best pre-1.0 code and on its way to being the best code I've played on. Meaningful gameplay, different kinds of interactions with raptors, trex, and a varied advancement through the padocks? All being done purposefully. Non repetative callouts. Ridiculous depth. And did I mention this is pre 1.0 with new major stuff to come?
- excellent shots and combos. Fun ball launch. Excellent flow. Fast, but intentional. Major ramps and scoops. All very visible. Nothing is hidden. Great view of the ball, but everything still looks full inside. Its hard but accessible, and very few "I lost but it wasn't my fault" moments. Great ball returns too. You feel in control much more than on other games.
- theme implementation... Somehow I'm reliving my favorite scenes in the movie while also doing my own thing? A great balance that makes it less like a soundboard and more like a real Jurassic Park experience.
- Best display. This isn't just movie clips (although my favorite scenes have been faithfully redone). Nor is this Adobe Illustrator style cutouts. It's great CG that recreates the movie and blends it into the aesthetic of the game. Recreating these scenes must have cost a fortune, but it allowed them to really integrate the movie with the game in a way that would be impossible with just clips. This is going to set a new standard for pinball CG in my opinion. Even the voice acting (which I was originally not excited about) allows more varied and specific callouts in a way that movie clips wouldn't have been able to do alone. I get it now.
- artwork it's great, overall look makes me feel like I'm on the island. I couldn't ask for anything else.

Quoted from timlah79:

#362 is all set up! Added my Lego topper and a programmable LED strip. Doesn't look like there's room for the T-Rex itself but that's ok. I've attached it well using Collectors Hold Museum Putty. Hopefully that was the right move! Man, when shaker really gets going it does seem like Lego is going to explode but I think it will be alright! I'd love any advice on how to better light it up BTW (tiny spotlights?).
I'm about 30 games in and no problems so far! The playfield is flawless from what I can tell. Only minor issues (which are likely more newbie curiosities than anything IMO) but folks might want to know about:
- The raptor toy's counterbalance weight is not quite a straight cylinder, so it was getting stuck above the plastic guard when leaning forward. All I had to do was turn it so that the fatter side of it kept it under the plastic. Problem solved.
- The upper flipper post was very loose. Fortunately we caught that before playing and tightened it up.
- I'm unsure how the T-Rex jaw is supposed to lay on the ramp. It seems to lay slightly off-set to the left and many times hasn't caught the ball. But again the ramp itself is curved so maybe this is expected? And also expected to not be a guaranteed contact even if you make a solid shot up the ramp? Maybe I just need to play better!
- I'd like to be able to dial down the shaker and disable it electronically from time to time but I assume that's not a thing (yet).
LMK if you want to see pictures of any of the above.
In all, I am truly blown away by this game and extremely happy with it. I was looking for my first pin to be one that will keep me coming back home to free play in between gallivanting around all of the amazing pin spots in Seattle. I think I got it right with this purchase! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great write up guys and glad to hear your game is flawless timlah79 hopefully this is a sign Stern are on top of the playfield issues.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great write up guys and glad to hear your game is flawless timlah79 hopefully this is a sign Stern are on top of the playfield issues.

There were 3 of us looking closely during set up (2 of which are pin purchasing veterans - the 3rd who is not aka me, HA!) so I think it is a good sign!
On a related side note, this weird art thing had all of us scratching our heads. We thought given how perpendicular these blemishes were, that they may not be intended. Well, fortunately after comparing against product photos, these "t-rex scratches" are intentional after all!

First pic is mine. Second is from Stern's site, cropped to match as best I could.
JPLE - MY Playfield Dino Scratches (resized).jpgJPLE - MY Playfield Dino Scratches (resized).jpgJPLE - Stern Official Image - Playfield Dino Scratches5 (resized).jpgJPLE - Stern Official Image - Playfield Dino Scratches5 (resized).jpg

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

There were 3 of us looking closely during set up (2 of which are pin purchasing veterans - the 3rd who is not aka me, HA!) so I think it is a good sign!
On a related side note, this weird art thing had all of us scratching our heads. We thought given how perpendicular these blemishes were, that they may not be intended. Well, fortunately after comparing against product photos, these "t-rex scratches" are intentional after all!
First pic is mine. Second is from Stern's site, cropped to match as best I could.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it supposed to be like creases in a map?

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is it supposed to be like creases in a map?

Aaahh perhaps! There are more like it around other areas of the field. You may be right. I just assumed it was dino scratches based on other intentional ones around other parts of the artwork on the machine.

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Ha. That and the "rain" on the pinblades will hide a lot of scratches!

#907 4 years ago
C535A015-4305-49E6-8DE5-262A2DA6EABB (resized).jpegC535A015-4305-49E6-8DE5-262A2DA6EABB (resized).jpeg
#908 4 years ago

cpr9999 - Splitting hairs a bit here, aren’t we

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Everything ready to go for the premium when it arrives, can't wait to hear when it'll arrive![quoted image]

Looks great
Love the powder color

#910 4 years ago

My Raptor pen gate is in the down position at the start of a game. Hits to the pen targets do not advance anything toward Raptor tri-ball. I have to disable the raptor pen motor to play the modified version of it. The target switch and motor all function fine in the tests. Anybody else have this issue or know the fix?

#911 4 years ago

Set mine up today #172 mine has art around the post.

128511AF-BA89-41C4-885B-5EC33A86E655 (resized).jpeg128511AF-BA89-41C4-885B-5EC33A86E655 (resized).jpeg88904F9F-E9AA-48CB-847F-1ED160D30F6C (resized).jpeg88904F9F-E9AA-48CB-847F-1ED160D30F6C (resized).jpegAAAE369E-7AA7-4C3C-9639-3A9D52DB8ADF (resized).jpegAAAE369E-7AA7-4C3C-9639-3A9D52DB8ADF (resized).jpegE4EB8551-20E7-4353-BE9D-90940CB46C04 (resized).jpegE4EB8551-20E7-4353-BE9D-90940CB46C04 (resized).jpeg
#912 4 years ago

Played all weekend on LE158 and no issues. I adjusted my T-rex a bit and adjusted the chopper blades to not hit the wire form, but that was it. I really like getting a bunch to DNA combos back to back. The 3 shot skill shot is great, always gives me something to try to get on new ball launch. This is a great game with some really fun flow. Control room shot is by far the hardest for me.

#913 4 years ago

Seems like the next batch of Premiums might be a safe bet as far as playfields go?

#914 4 years ago

Those are my thoughts and plan on buying NIB then.

#915 4 years ago

Anyone put Pinstadiums on their LE? The game is a little dark - I'm thinking about adding them.

#916 4 years ago

@wackybrakke, what is your problem?

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

wackybrakke, what is your problem?

Passive aggressive trolling anyone who says a positive thing about stern.

#918 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Set mine up today #172 mine has art around the post.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interested if Stern fixed it even further or if you have an old pro pf that will begin to puddle. Hopefully not

#919 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Anyone put Pinstadiums on their LE? The game is a little dark - I'm thinking about adding them.

I have a set of the omega (non reflective/white) pinstadiums coming this week that I plan on installing. I’ll post pic’s, I just added a set to my Maiden LE and they look good.

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Seems like the next batch of Premiums might be a safe bet as far as playfields go?

Based on what? I’d like a premium but seems hit or miss still.

Art, no art etc. seems like things are still in flux. A statement like “we are aware that a small number of games had issues, going forward playfields will have the art spaced out from posts” etc would instill some confidence in people on the fence.

#921 4 years ago

Ugh, no. Sorry. I guess I need to move where my thumb is on my iPad when I scroll. Guess I accidentally hit down vote?

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Set mine up today #172 mine has art around the post.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If your playfield is fine, you might have one of the rarest LEs out there.

#923 4 years ago

For anyone adjusting the T-Rex. If you put the bolts that secure the head to the cabinet inside the backbox instead of outside, you are going to have a hard time getting the T-Rex mouth to touch the ramp. If there is a bolt on the left side inside the backbox, it will push on the stepper motor and raise the T-Rex up.

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Interested if Stern fixed it even further or if you have an old pro pf that will begin to puddle. Hopefully not

Several of us have the original playfield with the art under the posts and have not had any playfield problems.

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

What is the manufacture date of your machine?

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

if you have an old pro pf

Raptor area differences make it impossible for the pro & LE to share a playfield.

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ugh, no. Sorry. I guess I need to move where my thumb is on my iPad when I scroll. Guess I accidentally hit down vote?

How big are your thumbs!?

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

What is the manufacture date of your machine?

8/26/2019

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Raptor area differences make it impossible for the pro & LE to share a playfield.

Good to know. I hope the premium I get doesn't have the art.

In fact I didn't think they were still making it like that. Has me rethinking again.

#930 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Good to know. I hope the premium I get doesn't have the art.
In fact I didn't think they were still making it like that. Has me rethinking again.

My LE playfield looks perfect. Has about 60 plays on it.

651B959F-CB6E-4247-9E51-0E350AF0C9A7 (resized).jpeg651B959F-CB6E-4247-9E51-0E350AF0C9A7 (resized).jpeg
#931 4 years ago

Mine is 9/17/19 and I do not have art at the posts. Maybe you have one of the last ones that do.

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

My LE playfield looks perfect. Has about 60 plays on it.[quoted image]

Edit

#933 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

It is not.

#934 4 years ago

Make sure you look at the stern decal.. and not just the date on the bottom of the cabinet too. I've seen the cabinet having a date stamp on the bottom.. different from the serial number sticker on the back of the cabinet.

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from MGM2:

My Raptor pen gate is in the down position at the start of a game. Hits to the pen targets do not advance anything toward Raptor tri-ball. I have to disable the raptor pen motor to play the modified version of it. The target switch and motor all function fine in the tests. Anybody else have this issue or know the fix?

Wonder if it has the pro code instead of LE?

#936 4 years ago

LE#49 checking in! No Playfield issues, absolutely love how it plays!

#937 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

LE#49 checking in! No Playfield issues, absolutely love how it plays!

I’m still hearing that I have about two weeks before I see my Premium. What are other Premium buyers hearing as of late?

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Mine is 9/17/19 and I do not have art at the posts. Maybe you have one of the last ones that do.

Same.

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’m still hearing that I have about two weeks before I see my Premium. What are other Premium buyers hearing as of late?

Just talked to my distributor Saturday. They start shipping the second week of October, there was a week delay to get the Elvira's in production.

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Nothing but crickets from my distributor...will check in again with them next week and hopefully have some news

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just talked to my distributor Saturday. They start shipping the second week of October, there was a week delay to get the Elvira's in production.

Quoted from jdroc:

Nothing but crickets from my distributor...will check in again with them next week and hopefully have some news

Thanks! Just curious if we all were hearing the same information. I’m finally getting more excited about getting it.

#942 4 years ago

I'm in the club, picking up an open box display LE from a distributor in a few weeks... Will have some plays but no playfield issues since it's been inspected and used so no worries there. I can't wait, sounds like it's a heck of a machine.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Actually I take this back as being fixed. Still having the issue. Curious if anyone can give me some advice on how this is supposed to be situated?
The counterbalance appeared to get stuck again above the plastic guard. The problem is if I tighten it to much then there's enough clearance to catch the nut at the bottom to the top of the plastic edge. If I loosen it so there's almost no way the counterbalance can breach the plastic edge but it still gets stuck b/c it's made up of a bunch of separate washers.

What I also think I've realized is there is an additional issue with the mold of the toy itself. There are 2 ways for it to get stuck 1) the counterbalance getting caught or 2) the mold of the body catching the mold of the leg and sticking. No adjustment to the joint seems to make a difference here. Given #2 I don't think there's anything I can do to fully stop this from happening. Should I just ask Stern to send me a full replacement of the entire assembly? Also does anyone know if the plastic guard is supposed to stop the counterbalance or is it supposed to clear it?

Raptor counterbalance up.jpgRaptor counterbalance up.jpgRaptor counterbalance down.jpgRaptor counterbalance down.jpg
#944 4 years ago

I’m in on a Premium!! Beyond excited for this!!! So what are the chances that anybody has currently begun working on a fix of these callouts? I love the game but I am just not a fan of the callout package. Anybody planning to do a pinbrowser update with callouts from the movie perhaps?

#945 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Actually I take this back as being fixed. Still having the issue. Curious if anyone can give me some advice on how this is supposed to be situated?
The counterbalance appeared to get stuck again above the plastic guard. The problem is if I tighten it to much then there's enough clearance to catch the nut at the bottom to the top of the plastic edge. If I loosen it so there's almost no way the counterbalance can breach the plastic edge but it still gets stuck b/c it's made up of a bunch of separate washers.
What I also think I've realized is there is an additional issue with the mold of the toy itself. There are 2 ways for it to get stuck 1) the counterbalance getting caught or 2) the mold of the body catching the mold of the leg and sticking. No adjustment to the joint seems to make a difference here. Given #2 I don't think there's anything I can do to fully stop this from happening. Should I just ask Stern to send me a full replacement of the entire assembly? Also does anyone know if the plastic guard is supposed to stop the counterbalance or is it supposed to clear it?[quoted image][quoted image]

Here’s what my raptor looks like when I tilt it forward:

21C06D7B-7DBD-4AA1-BCFF-2248C4CAF465 (resized).jpeg21C06D7B-7DBD-4AA1-BCFF-2248C4CAF465 (resized).jpeg
#946 4 years ago

Anyone else getting balls stuck in the gate by the spinner?

54856920-EA7B-4CAC-9A57-4BA3B48DADCE (resized).jpeg54856920-EA7B-4CAC-9A57-4BA3B48DADCE (resized).jpeg74161FA5-9D3D-4088-8F09-05F821C139BF (resized).jpeg74161FA5-9D3D-4088-8F09-05F821C139BF (resized).jpeg
#947 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Anyone else getting balls stuck in the gate by the spinner?[quoted image][quoted image]

I have over 125 plays on mine and I had it hang up there once. Only took a very, very slight nudge to get mine to release.

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Everything ready to go for the premium when it arrives, can't wait to hear when it'll arrive![quoted image]

What did you order for the playfield?

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

What did you order for the playfield?

I need to swap the raptor pit mod still since it doesn’t work on premiums/LE. Also got the lighted speaker kit, speaker acrylic and one of those barbasol cans Flashinstinct is making.

Purchased most of it over time in anticipation, hopefully they start shipping out soon.

0274CF8C-9107-480F-A893-006AA24E244F (resized).jpeg0274CF8C-9107-480F-A893-006AA24E244F (resized).jpeg
#950 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I need to swap the raptor pit mod still since it doesn’t work on premiums/LE. Also got the lighted speaker kit, speaker acrylic and one of those barbasol cans Flashinstinct is making.
Purchased most of it over time in anticipation, hopefully they start shipping out soon.[quoted image]

it's crazy how much is purchased for a NIB before it even arrives.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/19?hl=fooflighter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.