(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 185.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I like the visuals, but the sound effects add a lot too. I'm not sure if the pros have the sound effects or not.
In my mind, it is the difference between a decoration and interactive element.

Thanks! I'm planning to buy a JP once the dust settles on the QC issues and trying to figure out whether Id be happy with a Pro vs. a Premium.

Are there any modes or scoring opportunities tied to the helicopter or is it primarily an audio/visual type toy?

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks! I'm planning to buy a JP once the dust settles on the QC issues and trying to figure out whether Id be happy with a Pro vs. a Premium.
Are there any modes or scoring opportunities tied to the helicopter or is it primarily an audio/visual type toy?

For me, the difference between the pro and premium is the T-REX. It is phenomenal. It watches the ball, it coordinates its movements with the display and sound effects. It picks up the ball and releases it in different ways. It moves with the story in certain modes (like escape the t-rex mode). I've played both versions and both are fun. But geez, the implementation of the T-rex is above and beyond.

#853 4 years ago

So there is no code to download on Stern's website for the LE or readme? Is everyone else on version 0.89.0 that received the LE?

Confirming as well on final high scores any high score achieved beyond a main one has no sound effects or music while it is showing them?

On a personal note I don't love the match sequence I would rather see like a spitter animation, could be cool or T-Rex chomping or something a little more exciting than the egg turning. Also really very few Nedry call outs other than when you hit it in the right outlane, hoping they work more of those into the game itself.

#854 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

For me, the difference between the pro and premium is the T-REX. It is phenomenal. It watches the ball, it coordinates its movements with the display and sound effects. It picks up the ball and releases it in different ways. It moves with the story in certain modes (like escape the t-rex mode). I've played both versions and both are fun. But geez, the implementation of the T-rex is above and beyond.

Thanks. That's great to hear! The T-Rex has got to be one of the best toys Stern has ever done. I'm definitely leaning towards the Premium because of that, and I also like that art package the best. If the mech holds up well and the clearcoat issues dissapate over the next couple months I'll likely go that route.

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Charliew65 you are using the wrong input there. as far as I know you cannot take the feed off the cabinet speaker and feed it to LINE inputs. the line inputs are used for pre amp signals. not speaker wires coming off the speaker itself.

if you want to use LINE inputs, then purchase a pinsubkit from pinnovators.
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=48&osCsid=c0pr0hf0b3bdjg8l4k8bj1esb2

if you want to use the speaker leads from the cab, then use normal speaker wire to either the left or right INPUT speaker spring jacks on the back of the sub located just below the line in jacks. (make sure and use the proper gauge wire as well. the stuff you are using is fine for low level line out pre amp stuff but too small for use as speaker wire.)

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Stern has offered to send me a clear touch-up kit. Does anyone know if that will help mitigate this?

That is shitty customer service. Ask them if they bought a brand new car with a scratch down to the metal on the hood if they would be satisfied with a ‘touchup’ Kit. That is the terrible CS!

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Stern has offered to send me a clear touch-up kit. Does anyone know if that will help mitigate this?[quoted image]

Unreal. So sorry you have to deal with this fucking horseshit.

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Wow... To most of us an nib purchase is a huge
decision and a large outlay of money.Hell I'm ocd about
My old pins looking good and playing good. Not worth
the headache/heartache right now to buy nib stern/jjp.
I'm actually looking at selling my Gotg pro and getting
a cgc afm. I hope they come back with a better response
to your defects. We all deserve at least that when buying new.

CGC isn't a utopia either. A friend's AFM LE's playfield was warped on delivery and it sat unlevel in the cabinet. After going around with support the fix they sent was blocks of wood and some clamps to try to 'straighten' the playfield.

The AFM LE I had, had the most dimpling on the playfield out of any game I have seen. It didn't bother me, it was still a beautiful game. Not to beat a dead horse, but my personal opinion is the remakes often don't feel as good or play as well as the originals. Specifically the flippers. They sure are prettier though. MBr LE has to be one of the best looking games out there in the last couple of years.

NIB is basically a gamble at this point. If the risks are not acceptable to your tolerance, best policy is to buy gently used as you can control the risks much easier. Often it is better on the pocket book too!

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Charliew65 you are using the wrong input there. as far as I know you cannot take the feed off the cabinet speaker and feed it to LINE inputs. the line inputs are used for pre amp signals. not speaker wires coming off the speaker itself.
if you want to use LINE inputs, then purchase a pinsubkit from pinnovators.
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=48&osCsid=c0pr0hf0b3bdjg8l4k8bj1esb2
if you want to use the speaker leads from the cab, then use normal speaker wire to either the left or right INPUT speaker spring jacks on the back of the sub located just below the line in jacks. (make sure and use the proper gauge wire as well. the stuff you are using is fine for low level line out pre amp stuff but too small for use as speaker wire.)

Yeah you're right. Just use decent quality speaker wire. You probably have some around the house so the cost is 0$ and it has MORE than enough clean volume.

#860 4 years ago

Has anyone else had the raptor gate come up late after the ball locked behind the post was released? Ive had this happen twice and it puts you in an unofficial 2 ball multiball that ends your ball when one drains. The gate works but doesn't seem to work at the right time. Is that a software issue?

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Stern has offered to send me a clear touch-up kit. Does anyone know if that will help mitigate this?[quoted image]

WTF? That’s really insulting. I’m embarrassed for Stern they would even offer that in your case.

Stern really surprise me because I’ve had nothing but fantastic experience with their customer service, but then i hear these ridiculous attempts at trying to do the bare minimum - almost like a bargaining tactic to see what the absolute minimum you will accept.

Admittedly I don’t ever deal directly with Stern, but through my distributor, so that may be the difference.

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

WTF? That’s really insulting. I’m embarrassed for Stern they would even offer that in your case.
Stern really surprise me because I’ve had nothing but fantastic experience with their customer service, but then i hear these ridiculous attempts at trying to do the bare minimum - almost like a bargaining tactic to see what the absolute minimum you will accept.
Admittedly I don’t ever deal directly with Stern, but through my distributor, so that may be the difference.

I don't think it's officially resolved in their mind yet. Stern reached out to me and let me know they are discussing it internally.

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I don't think it's officially resolved in their mind yet. Stern reached out to me and let me know they are discussing it internally.

Good to hear. I’m sure they’ll sort you out.

#864 4 years ago

I'm considering this as my first pin - or at least one of the first since my wife and I want a few. The reports of PF issues are worrying though!

#865 4 years ago

I'm one of the LE buyers that is loving their game and not posting much because I'm playing it all the time. I have not had a single issue out of the box - no chipping/pooling, shots are all make-able, T-rex head works great. I am sorry to hear about others that have had less luck.

The T-rex head is, in my opinion, the best mech/toy Stern has ever made. I'm struggling to find one that would be in the same league and would be curious if anyone can think of one.

The raptor cage on Premium/LE makes a big difference in gameplay because the multiball actually becomes something I now go for in every game, whereas on the pro it is more dangerous in my opinion (it is a less predictable shot on the pro, and in the Premium/LE it is easier to bash the gate and get reliable hits once the ball is locked in the cage).

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I'm considering this as my first pin - or at least one of the first since my wife and I want a few. The reports of PF issues are worrying though!

Knowing what I know now, I would absolutely buy this as my first pin. Sure, mine is a temporary hassle, but it will be sorted out.

My guess is that you'll judge future pins against how good this one is for years. It's hard to top.

#867 4 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I'm one of the LE buyers that is loving their game and not posting much because I'm playing it all the time. I have not had a single issue out of the box - no chipping/pooling, shots are all make-able, T-rex head works great. I am sorry to hear about others that have had less luck.
The T-rex head is, in my opinion, the best mech/toy Stern has ever made. I'm struggling to find one that would be in the same league and would be curious if anyone can think of one.
The raptor cage on Premium/LE makes a big difference in gameplay because the multiball actually becomes something I now go for in every game, whereas on the pro it is more dangerous in my opinion (it is a less predictable shot on the pro, and in the Premium/LE it is easier to bash the gate and get reliable hits once the ball is locked in the cage).

I would agree that it might be their best. Now their history is pretty poor but they deserve praise for this one. It's even more impressive in person

#868 4 years ago

All right I'm pulling the trigger on a premium - first pin! I'm ordering from Hemispheres based on pinside recommendations. Now the wait begins.

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

All right I'm pulling the trigger on a premium - first pin! I'm ordering from Hemispheres based on pinside recommendations. Now the wait begins.

Congrats, you'll love it.

#870 4 years ago

I hate to board the Stern hate train but my trex head still isn't catching the ball when it should. Even Chaz at Stern had no idea how to fix it and said he had to speak to an engineer, still haven't heard back from anyone. Overall pinball is such a fun experience but these headaches really are frustrating and sometimes make me regret buying a NIB LE with issues immediately upon setup.

#871 4 years ago

LE #188 is in the house! Like a lot of other LE owners out there I have not noticed any of the "issues" that have been reported and I went over it with a fine tooth comb Cleaned and waxed it and there are no signs of pooling/chipping of any kind, the T-Rex is grabbing the ball and the raptor pit is really cool, I had a raptor mb before I knew what I was doing , I also got CHAOS on my first game (just luck I think) I have purchased the raptor pit and control tower mods from Mezel but after finding out they don't fit the LE I'm waiting for him to send the modified parts that will make them fit. So far absolutely loving this game, now back to hunting dino's...

PS> hawkmoon77 so sorry to hear of your troubles and I'm sure Stern will make it right with you. Peace.

20190925_104039 (resized).jpg20190925_104039 (resized).jpg20190925_105101 (resized).jpg20190925_105101 (resized).jpg20190926_153204 (resized).jpg20190926_153204 (resized).jpg20190927_181423 (resized).jpg20190927_181423 (resized).jpg20190927_181432 (resized).jpg20190927_181432 (resized).jpg20190927_181455 (resized).jpg20190927_181455 (resized).jpg20190927_181509 (resized).jpg20190927_181509 (resized).jpg
#872 4 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

I hate to board the Stern hate train but my trex head still isn't catching the ball when it should. Even Chaz at Stern had no idea how to fix it and said he had to speak to an engineer, still haven't heard back from anyone. Overall pinball is such a fun experience but these headaches really are frustrating and sometimes make me regret buying a NIB LE with issues immediately upon setup.

Expressing your frustration isn’t “boarding the hate train”, dude. It’s frustrating, buying these expensive pins and something doesn’t work as intended. Patience though. You’ll get it straightened out!

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Here it is:[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool, thanks!

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the reply!!

#875 4 years ago

I played about 30 games tonight on an LE in the Arcade Monster in Oviedo Tonight.

Ill be honest.....In my 50 years of playing and owning way too many titles, this has to be one of the best games
I ever played!

Im thrilled with the upper flipper shots and flow it gives. I didnt realize one could make the T rex shot from the Upper Flipper!
Started a few of the modes.....no idea.
Raptor cage is a challenging shot.....not as easy as other games locking balls behind a 3 bank drop target.
Sound and lights....top Notch! (Sorry Jack, the Wonka next to it looked depressed)

My wife, who doesnt play much at all was fascinated with the game, sound, and that even a clueless flaying, gave her a great experience!

Not a bad thing to say, except Im changing that 8 smd Light up by the spiral that shines on the tower....Terrible Bulb choice!

A Great Game for everyone.....Rex needs a name, and he is choreographed perfectly!

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not a bad thing to say, except Im changing that 8 smd Light up by the spiral that shines on the tower....Terrible Bulb choice!

I agree, do tell what your thoughts are for better one there?

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Ok... Let's get some pictures. Try to get pictures in the mouth, and of the rear mechanism. Height, angle, that sort of thing and I'll compare it against mine. Maybe we'll find a difference

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm at a loss now. I looked over the playfield more carefully this time. I'm guessing there isn't a fix for peeled paint. 22 games in.[quoted image]

Whenever I buy a new Stern that has a metal apron, first thing I do is take the apron out and put a layer of mylar under it. When I put it back in, I try not to over tighten. Recently I got a 3D printer and decided to go the extra mile for my BKLE by making small u-channels to snap on the bottom of the apron where it meets the playfield. That was before all this clear coat stuff came up, so I'm glad I did.
Apron trim (resized).pngApron trim (resized).png

20190520_081034 (resized).jpg20190520_081034 (resized).jpg
#879 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I agree, do tell what your thoughts are for better one there?

I will be using a 15mm bayonet adapter to a Wedge, and use an Op-Max, likely with some minor covering.
It will soften the light, the direct look at the bulb, and give a much broader spread of light.
If that isnt quite right, I have many choices....and Ill post when game arrives.
Comet has these:

Quoted from John_I:

Whenever I buy a new Stern that has a metal apron, first thing I do is take the apron out and put a layer of mylar under it. When I put it back in, I try not to over tighten. Recently I got a 3D printer and decided to go the extra mile for my BKLE by making small u-channels to snap on the bottom of the apron where it meets the playfield. That was before all this clear coat stuff came up, so I'm glad I did.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love that idea John!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#880 4 years ago

two people contacted me and told me i had the sub hooked up wrong, although it worked i switched to this set up and it is way better! Thank you for letting me know guys!

9AC63349-6DDE-494E-AFB3-2B5715B269F5 (resized).jpeg9AC63349-6DDE-494E-AFB3-2B5715B269F5 (resized).jpeg
#881 4 years ago

JP LE #362 is arriving at 5pm today (Seattle)! I will post pics once it's all set up!

BTW, anyone catch word from Stern on the amber shooter rod? Seen a lot of confusion around that in the forums, still nothing up on their site. I pre-ordered mine through Little Shop Of Games a couple months ago.

#882 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I pre-ordered mine through Little Shop Of Games a couple months ago.

Little Shop of Games is great!

#883 4 years ago

Unless my WONKA CE absolutely blows me away (assuming it ever shows up), Jurassic Park is my odds on favorite for game of the year. Maybe it is just infatuation but I have several great pins to compare it to and this game is an absolute blast to play. Its' sound effects (dinos roaring and squealing, helicopter blades cutting the air, the John Williams JP score, etc.) are excellent. The toys like the T-Rex (gotta have the premium or LE because the dino's movements and ball 'spitting' are a riot) and the Raptor pen (hard to achieve) are outstanding. The shots are smooth and also difficult and they make for a really satisfying experience. I could rave on but everything including the build quality of my game adds up to a truly great pin. Two minor things though could be improved upon in the game. 1. Stern really needs to enhance the code to allow shaker intensity to be dialed down. 2. Nedry's call outs could stand some added volume; way to subtle. All in all, my Jurassic Park LE is bolted to the floor in my house assuming the shaker does not knock it down.

#884 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

JP LE #362 is arriving at 5pm today (Seattle)! I will post pics once it's all set up!
BTW, anyone catch word from Stern on the amber shooter rod? Seen a lot of confusion around that in the forums, still nothing up on their site. I pre-ordered mine through Little Shop Of Games a couple months ago.

Stern marketing told me that they would be available in October.

#885 4 years ago

T-Rex Adjustment
C8ABD5D1-9796-400D-A8EE-65D30D2CFA26 (resized).jpegC8ABD5D1-9796-400D-A8EE-65D30D2CFA26 (resized).jpeg

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Unless my WONKA CE absolutely blows me away (assuming it ever shows up), Jurassic Park is my odds on favorite for game of the year.

I had tried twice now to write up why this is the best game I've ever played. But I would have to write a full page worth of bullet points to just get started.

#887 4 years ago

Found another issue with my LE to go along with all the scratches. They tightened down the apron so hard that it is cutting into the clear/paint just like the post issues from the previous runs. I also found one other minor spot where a rail is doing that as well, but it's not very obvious.

#888 4 years ago

#498 in the house. Great game!

47127279-34EF-4304-A666-3A33B24ACDD0 (resized).jpeg47127279-34EF-4304-A666-3A33B24ACDD0 (resized).jpeg
#889 4 years ago

nothing better than your 7 year old asking to put on the plastic protectors that have been sitting on the work bench for two days...

5669264D-38DD-4BE7-939B-95A034AC1041 (resized).jpeg5669264D-38DD-4BE7-939B-95A034AC1041 (resized).jpeg627027C4-318B-4986-A174-6C36A3E1B441 (resized).jpeg627027C4-318B-4986-A174-6C36A3E1B441 (resized).jpeg65FC3E87-E743-49E2-A286-416A2E9A1BA5 (resized).jpeg65FC3E87-E743-49E2-A286-416A2E9A1BA5 (resized).jpeg
#890 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

T-Rex Adjustment
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting this. I just gave it a try but there didn’t seem to be much ability to adjust the bracket up and down when the T-Rex was in the lowest position of the vertical test diagnostic. When the T-Rex was in the middle position of the vertical test I was able to adjust the bracket up and down a fair amount, but not when it was in the lowest position so I could line up the open mouth. Anyone else try yet?

#891 4 years ago

#274 has landed.

835810AA-BAA8-482A-A2E9-1DC060E50F50 (resized).jpeg835810AA-BAA8-482A-A2E9-1DC060E50F50 (resized).jpeg
#892 4 years ago

keep in mind this is a new game, but built when this debacle was still in its peak. Which is why I'm surprised to see it happen again with a JPLE, my JP looks fine overall. The beatles has a bunch of tiny lines running through out the playfield. They aren't smooth at 1/4 of the way down the playfield, there are also two descent sized lines that can be seen/felt. one near ringos head.

I saw one other guy with those lines on a maiden, it's like the wood grain raised (humidity?) or they didn't prep the wood or something.

20190909_162939 (resized).jpg20190909_162939 (resized).jpg20190909_165449 (resized).jpg20190909_165449 (resized).jpg20190909_165851 (resized).jpg20190909_165851 (resized).jpgnonafme (resized).jpgnonafme (resized).jpgnonamde (resized).jpgnonamde (resized).jpgs (resized).jpgs (resized).jpg
#893 4 years ago

Everything ready to go for the premium when it arrives, can't wait to hear when it'll arrive!

tiKJikT (resized).jpgtiKJikT (resized).jpg
#894 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I had tried twice now to write up why this is the best game I've ever played. But I would have to write a full page worth of bullet points to just get started.

Well, try a 3rd time ☺️

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

nothing better than your 7 year old asking to put on the plastic protectors that have been sitting on the work bench for two days...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing, that’s awesome!! Hoping my young boy takes to JP when it arrives.

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

keep in mind this is a new game, but built when this debacle was still in its peak. Which is why I'm surprised to see it happen again with a JPLE, my JP looks fine overall. The beatles has a bunch of tiny lines running through out the playfield. They aren't smooth at 1/4 of the way down the playfield, there are also two descent sized lines that can be seen/felt. one near ringos head.
I saw one other guy with those lines on a maiden, it's like the wood grain raised (humidity?) or they didn't prep the wood or something.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

For reference, I’m currently in discussion with CGC as the same wood texture is completely covering my Monster Bash LE, ever square inch except for the inserts. They acknowledged the issue, yet pushed the point that it’s an inherent problem of working with natural products. They’ve offered an unpopulated playfield, I’m pushing for a populated.

02E4E8E2-853A-47CE-953E-75A22A2BB0FB (resized).jpeg02E4E8E2-853A-47CE-953E-75A22A2BB0FB (resized).jpeg847852BC-CBB6-4223-9535-321BF535FC65 (resized).jpeg847852BC-CBB6-4223-9535-321BF535FC65 (resized).jpegE7D34EF3-3EB5-4765-8786-CBE3033FFD88 (resized).jpegE7D34EF3-3EB5-4765-8786-CBE3033FFD88 (resized).jpeg
#897 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

For reference, I’m currently in discussion with CGC as the same wood texture is completely covering my Monster Bash LE, ever square inch except for the inserts. They acknowledged the issue, yet pushed the point that it’s an inherent problem of working with natural products. They’ve offered an unpopulated playfield, I’m pushing for a populated.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's crazy, does it happen after the fact or something? I've never seen the line effect before I got that game. Now I've seen three games with it. Did they specify what is causing it?

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

That's crazy, does it happen after the fact or something? I've never seen the line effect before I got that game. Now I've seen three games with it. Did they specify what is causing it?

They didn’t add much more than I’ve mentioned.

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I can tell you that effect is seen some times with finishing musical instruments when the grain is not (or improperly) sealed with a grain filler or sanding seeler. You basically let a thinned out lacquer soak into the wood grain. As it dries, the grain raises and you sand it glass smooth. Then you apply the finish and can achieve a piano gloss finish.

Failure to do that can cause the grain to stay soft and raise at any time moisture or humidity penetrates deeply enough (from either the top or underside). Usually this happens during the remainder of the finishing process, but it can easily get worse weeks or months later when exposed to enough humidity.

I don't know if that's similar to how PFs are made.

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Well, try a 3rd time ☺️

Okay. In my personal opinion.

- The best game I've ever played. Both the best in terms of approachability for casual players new to the game, and the best for continuing to challenge owners with depth, nuance, options, and customized experiences. There are tons of goals above just getting points and setting records. How many dinos did you capture, or lives saved? Did you get the system back on? Did you collect DNA or fossils (by shooting cool combos)?

- Best toy. And best implementation of a toy. Eating the ball, throwing it in different ways, synchronization to sound effects. Watching the ball during gameplay, user interaction, Trex multiball, Trex car chase scene, Trex save the person trapped in the car, Trex rampage... So many uses. It's an amazing addition.

- Best pre-1.0 code and on its way to being the best code I've played on. Meaningful gameplay, different kinds of interactions with raptors, trex, and a varied advancement through the padocks? All being done purposefully. Non repetative callouts. Ridiculous depth. And did I mention this is pre 1.0 with new major stuff to come?

- excellent shots and combos. Fun ball launch. Excellent flow. Fast, but intentional. Major ramps and scoops. All very visible. Nothing is hidden. Great view of the ball, but everything still looks full inside. Its hard but accessible, and very few "I lost but it wasn't my fault" moments. Great ball returns too. You feel in control much more than on other games.

- theme implementation... Somehow I'm reliving my favorite scenes in the movie while also doing my own thing? A great balance that makes it less like a soundboard and more like a real Jurassic Park experience.

- Best display. This isn't just movie clips (although my favorite scenes have been faithfully redone). Nor is this Adobe Illustrator style cutouts. It's great CG that recreates the movie and blends it into the aesthetic of the game. Recreating these scenes must have cost a fortune, but it allowed them to really integrate the movie with the game in a way that would be impossible with just clips. This is going to set a new standard for pinball CG in my opinion. Even the voice acting (which I was originally not excited about) allows more varied and specific callouts in a way that movie clips wouldn't have been able to do alone. I get it now.

- artwork it's great, overall look makes me feel like I'm on the island. I couldn't ask for anything else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/18?hl=flare and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.