(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 185.
#9201 59 days ago
Quoted from bajm:

By chance, did you install an aftermarket shaker motor? I had issues after doing that where the T-Rex was out to lunch and vertical test mode went horizontal. For me it all started after shaker install. So I unplugged and rebooted and T-Rex came to life. I was able to plug it back in and get the shaker back. Something to check...

Had to dig back in the archives for this one but this actually solved my issue above. Thing is it’s the Stern shaker motor. I honestly think the shake motor really screws things up in this game.

#9202 58 days ago

Hi everybody,
If you want to see the new Augusta A109 helicopter Mod in interaction with the game you can see here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/agusta-a109-helicopter-for-jp-pre-order-list-pro-only#post-8105862
Enjoy!

#9203 55 days ago

Some improvements on the helicopter for a better renderer

IMG_1059 (resized).JPGIMG_1059 (resized).JPG
#9204 54 days ago

In production

Agusta A109 Helicopter mod for JP (Pre-order List - Pro/Premium/LE)

25 pre orders in one week thank you so much for your trust on our work !

To pre-order :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/agusta-a109-helicopter-for-jp-pre-order-list-pro-only#post-8096354

Have a nice day

B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpegB8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpegIMG_1077 (resized).jpegIMG_1077 (resized).jpegIMG_1079 (resized).jpegIMG_1079 (resized).jpegIMG_1086 (resized).jpegIMG_1086 (resized).jpegIMG_1098 (resized).pngIMG_1098 (resized).png
#9205 53 days ago

I just don’t see why you’d want to nerf your Pre/LE. Pro, sure, it’s a great mod option, but removing a scoring mech seems silly to me.

I wonder if you’d get system errors from never toggling the helicopter switch?

#9206 53 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

I just don’t see why you’d want to nerf your Pre/LE. Pro, sure, it’s a great mod option, but removing a scoring mech seems silly to me.
I wonder if you’d get system errors from never toggling the helicopter switch?

No problem I understand your position too. As I have said it is a choice to do for this mod. I have never seen error with our mod on Premium/LE machine.

#9207 53 days ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

No problem I understand your position too. As I have said it is a choice to do for this mod. I have never seen error with our mod on Premium/LE machine.

Changes game play... 1st I have ever seen a mod do...

#9208 52 days ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi everybody,
If you want to see the new Augusta A109 helicopter Mod in interaction with the game you can see here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/agusta-a109-helicopter-for-jp-pre-order-list-pro-only#post-8105862
Enjoy!

pinopinballmods Can you please keep posts about updates to your mod within the ^^^ thread you created? It's fine to post an initial link to your mod thread and therefore have people here be aware of your mod. However, posting updates about your mod in this thread doesn't seem appropriate. Many people leverage this JP owner's thread for help and updates about JP itself, so posting your mod updates/photos/etc. convolutes things and doesn't help people find what they are looking for in this owner's thread.

#9209 52 days ago
Quoted from timlah79:

pinopinballmods Can you please keep posts about updates to your mod within the ^^^ thread you created? It's fine to post an initial link to your mod thread and therefore have people here be aware of your mod. However, posting updates about your mod in this thread doesn't seem appropriate. Many people leverage this JP owner's thread for help and updates about JP itself, so posting your mod updates/photos/etc. convolutes things and doesn't help people find what they are looking for in this owner's thread.

Sure, here it is the initial post of the creation of this mod for all JP machine (Pro/Premium/LE):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/agusta-a109-helicopter-for-jp-pre-order-list-pro-only

All information are inside this thread and you can answer to it if you are interested or if you have some comments, suggestions to do. You are all welcome.

#9210 49 days ago
Quoted from CincyPinballer:

I honestly think the shake motor really screws things up in this game.

I 100% agree about disabling the shaker motor. When I first got my JP LE (back in 2019) and needed a tech to come over for help with random screws falling out and such, the first thing he advised was to disable that shaker motor since it will eventually cause even more physical issues later on. So I've had mine disabled ever since. It's a cool feature but not cool enough for me personally to jeopardize the physical workings of the machine. There is a setting for "minimal use" which is probably the best advice for anyone who really loves the shaker but I do feel like it causes things to come loose over time regardless. Maybe newer JP builds have been better with less risk of things getting shaken loose. I'm just speaking my 2 cents to my experience with my original JP LE built in 2019.

#9211 49 days ago

I’ve had shaker on maximum on my LE since it was delivered NIB at release 4-1/2 years ago. No issues. All my other games have also had shakers with no issues.

Any particular machine can have issues for a variety of reasons, but I’d put a shaker causing problems fair far down the list of potential problem causers. And I’ve asked long time pinball people and techs and they agree.

I’m not saying it can’t ever cause an issue. Just saying it seems like the probability is pretty low.

#9212 49 days ago

Random screws falling out of nibs is a really common issue. Factory didn’t tighten them well. Doubt it has to do with shaker. Never had any issues with shakers on 8-9 of my pins over the years.

#9213 49 days ago

The shaker in my machine is causing a vibration rattle during game play. Unfortunately, testing the shaker does not run it up to the same speed / intensity as during the game and I cannot induce the rattle by testing. I've tried to hunt down the rattle to no avail.

I have my shaker set to moderate use; I think I'll lower the setting to minimal use. Maybe that will cut down the rattle.

#9214 49 days ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I 100% agree about disabling the shaker motor. When I first got my JP LE (back in 2019) and needed a tech to come over for help with random screws falling out and such, the first thing he advised was to disable that shaker motor since it will eventually cause even more physical issues later on. So I've had mine disabled ever since. It's a cool feature but not cool enough for me personally to jeopardize the physical workings of the machine. There is a setting for "minimal use" which is probably the best advice for anyone who really loves the shaker but I do feel like it causes things to come loose over time regardless. Maybe newer JP builds have been better with less risk of things getting shaken loose. I'm just speaking my 2 cents to my experience with my original JP LE built in 2019.

PBL sells a $15 plug and play adpater to lower the intensity of the motor... a kinder and gentler experience. BUT the shaker is extremely well integrated into the gamecode, so don't just turn it OFF unless you really can't stand it!

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-shaker-motor-limiter-board-assembly.html

#9215 48 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

PBL sells a $15 plug and play adpater to lower the intensity of the motor... a kinder and gentler experience. BUT the shaker is extremely well integrated into the gamecode, so don't just turn it OFF unless you really can't stand it!
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-shaker-motor-limiter-board-assembly.html

The shaker motor limiter (resistor) does a great job. Makes it feel like an actual shake and not a high-speed vibration. JP shaker integration is among the best out there.

#9216 48 days ago

Regarding screws coming loose...I picked up a great trip from the Electric Bat Podcast

Regularly inspect and tighten everything on the topside and underneath the playfield. Even if you don't have a shaker motor, screws can and do work their way loose. If things are loose, they fall out, or the parts they are connected to can break.

How often you need to do this depends on how often the game gets played, natch.

#9217 48 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

Regarding screws coming loose...I picked up a great trip from the Electric Bat Podcast
Regularly inspect and tighten everything on the topside and underneath the playfield. Even if you don't have a shaker motor, screws can and do work their way loose. If things are loose, they fall out, or the parts they are connected to can break.
How often you need to do this depends on how often the game gets played, natch.

I only do a once-over tightening on a game that's new to me. The T-Rex jaw screws (3, black, small, Philips) are the only screws I'm aware of in JP that require regular attention, and they just need some BLUE Loctite to stay put.

#9218 48 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

I only do a once-over tightening on a game that's new to me. The T-Rex jaw screws (3, black, small, Philips) are the only screws I'm aware of in JP that require regular attention, and they just need some BLUE Loctite to stay put.

Those are good JP-specific items, but also suggest you take a look at...
- anything that a ball hits (i.e. tighten posts that have post rubbers, check stand-up brackets under the playfield)
- anything that has a solenoid (i.e. pops, flippers, VUKs)

The motion from the ball or the mech itself will cause them to loosen over time

1 week later
#9219 38 days ago

Get a new tech.

Quoted from timlah79:

#9220 38 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

Those are good JP-specific items, but also suggest you take a look at...
- anything that a ball hits (i.e. tighten posts that have post rubbers, check stand-up brackets under the playfield)
- anything that has a solenoid (i.e. pops, flippers, VUKs)
The motion from the ball or the mech itself will cause them to loosen over time

I took your advice while I had the glass off of my IMDN last week. I couldn't believe how loose the three post were on the skill shot target. From now on when I wax my games this will be added to my ritual.

#9221 37 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I took your advice while I had the glass off of my IMDN last week. I couldn't believe how loose the three post were on the skill shot target. From now on when I wax my games this will be added to my ritual.

Excellent. I had the same reaction my first time as well.

Less likely to lose things, have downtime for a game, or have something break because it wasn't tight.

#9222 36 days ago

Hi everybody,

An update here to see what we are preparing for the Premium/LE machine for our mod Agusta A109 Helicopter Mod for JP
Some people who have premium/LE machine ask me for this functionnality remove with our mod.
It will be proposed as an option. Today it is a prototype but it s working pretty good at this step !

We have built our card to replace the magnet card under your playfield.
You can have the small points counted and sound effect when you contact a new microswitch on the ramp.

All is explained here :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/agusta-a109-helicopter-for-jp-pre-order-list-pro-only/page/2#post-8141818

Enjoy !

IMG_1464 (resized).JPGIMG_1464 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glen Allen, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,498 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Buren, AR
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.