(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 185.
#9151 4 months ago

I just ordered the premium. This will be my first Stern pinball game. I was a bit hesitant because of the quality and the many problems I read here. Are there things that I should check or adjust immediately after unpacking?

#9152 4 months ago

Pinball trades make you laugh? Odd!

#9153 4 months ago
Quoted from NielsVV:

I just ordered the premium. This will be my first Stern pinball game. I was a bit hesitant because of the quality and the many problems I read here. Are there things that I should check or adjust immediately after unpacking?

Don't let this place taint your view because you're seeing and hearing only from people having problems. I've had mine since early 2021 and in all that time and over 2000 games I'm just now having an issue of a bad sensor I have to replace for $10. Enjoy it!

Some simple stuff right off the bat, check the balls that came with it and make sure they're not marked up or scratched. I didn't have an issue but some people get crumby balls from stern. Make sure you're level side to side. Lots of people turn down eject power cause it can damage the shooting lane over time. Search through pinned threads here and on the regular owners thread there are a few tweeks for centering your shooter rod so it cleanly makes it to the flippers instead of rattling out. Same for tweeks to the shot up the guard tower. have fun. You'll know if something isn't behaving right like and just about every issue you can have has been had and solved in these 2 threads.

#9154 3 months ago
Quoted from Killermarmot:

Don't let this place taint your view because you're seeing and hearing only from people having problems. I've had mine since early 2021 and in all that time and over 2000 games I'm just now having an issue of a bad sensor I have to replace for $10. Enjoy it!
Some simple stuff right off the bat, check the balls that came with it and make sure they're not marked up or scratched. I didn't have an issue but some people get crumby balls from stern. Make sure you're level side to side. Lots of people turn down eject power cause it can damage the shooting lane over time. Search through pinned threads here and on the regular owners thread there are a few tweeks for centering your shooter rod so it cleanly makes it to the flippers instead of rattling out. Same for tweeks to the shot up the guard tower. have fun. You'll know if something isn't behaving right like and just about every issue you can have has been had and solved in these 2 threads.

Thanks for the tips. I have already completely read through both topics. I'll pick it up on Saturday, I'm already nervous about it. My expectations are high.

1 week later
#9155 3 months ago

Hello! I just received my low play 2021 HUO JP Premium via the Pinside classifieds - couldn't be happier. Everything works well and the minor tweaks to keep the game working as intended are minimal imo. Happy to be here

#9156 3 months ago
Quoted from Cyb3rPunk:

Hello! I just received my low play 2021 HUO JP Premium via the Pinside classifieds - couldn't be happier. Everything works well and the minor tweaks to keep the game working as intended are minimal imo. Happy to be here

Be sure to check it out: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park

#9157 3 months ago

Good morning everybody.

There is a spot on the left hand side of the playfield that is begging for a mod. It is that flasher with just a clear plastic over it. Seems out of place.
What kind of mods have people done here?

Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
#9158 3 months ago

Changed the clear dome to green. Looks better!

Quoted from kciaccio:

Good morning everybody.
There is a spot on the left hand side of the playfield that is begging for a mod. It is that flasher with just a clear plastic over it. Seems out of place.
[quoted image]

#9159 3 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Good morning everybody.
[quoted image]

Some put the Barbasol can there and there's also Nedry's computer mod.

#9160 3 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Some put the Barbasol can there and there's also Nedry's computer mod.

Barbosal can

#9161 3 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Good morning everybody.
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106545

Pinside_market_106545_2.gifPinside_market_106545_2.gif
#9162 3 months ago

Thanks. Looks cool and I get it about how it is used in the movie but doesn't fit the atmosphere of the game for me.

#9163 3 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Thanks. Looks cool and I get it about how it is used in the movie but doesn't fit the atmosphere of the game for me.

It serves more as a flasher diffuser. The flasher is pretty bright for some ppl.

It wasn't on my radar either but got it as a gift from my wife a few Christmases ago. It's actually really neat with the lit up vials inside.

The other common option is to buy the 3d printed cube with a PC monitor decal on it and pretend it's a computer. I believe someone may have made a version with a real screen with looping clips.

#9165 3 months ago

No doubt..lol

#9167 3 months ago

Awesome! Thanks everyone who responded.
Went with the control room plastic and might change dome color.

#9168 3 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Awesome! Thanks everyone who responded.
Went with the control room plastic and might change dome color.

Good choice. The ULEK plastic coupled with an amber half dome make it blend right into the look of the rest of the playfield.

1 week later
#9169 3 months ago

Hi Everyone,

New to the club. Just got a NIB JP Premium. We are having an issue with the trex head, it will not align with the ramp and open its mouth for a trex shot. Even when it clearly says on screen to shoot the mouth. Everything seems ok in diagnostics. No issues from what I can tell. Thrashes and moves around during gameplay as well. But, when it comes time to shoot the mouth it doesn't quite align with the ramp. It's very close, but not quite. And doesn't try to open its mouth. Though if it did it's too for over to actually open with out hitting the side of the ramp.

We are very new to JP, literally was delivered today. Any help on where to begin troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

#9170 3 months ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Hi Everyone,
New to the club. Just got a NIB JP Premium. We are having an issue with the trex head, it will not align with the ramp and open its mouth for a trex shot. Even when it clearly says on screen to shoot the mouth. Everything seems ok in diagnostics. No issues from what I can tell. Thrashes and moves around during gameplay as well. But, when it comes time to shoot the mouth it doesn't quite align with the ramp. It's very close, but not quite. And doesn't try to open its mouth. Though if it did it's too for over to actually open with out hitting the side of the ramp.
We are very new to JP, literally was delivered today. Any help on where to begin troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

You can adjust the trex in the device settings menu. Sounds like it just needs to be moved over just a little, which the settings allow you to do.

#9171 3 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I think the setting is called "HORIZ BIAS" and ranges from -7 to +7 if I remember correctly. Those coarse bias settings should fix you up. (There may be a finer adjustment too, but those rarely have to be changed). It as to do with the oddly designed mechanism that does not actually know when the head is directly above the center of the ramp. There is a physical microswitch that tells the CPU when the head is IN THE VACINITY of the center of the ramp, but the rest of the horiz positioning is done through timing calculations. The servo motor positionng of the head may therefore change if the movement slows or speeds for any reason. (like a mechanical obstruction)

#9172 3 months ago

Thanks. I was busy all afternoon/evening, but my wife was able to get it working using a combination of settings adjustments and physically lowering the head a bit. So it's working now. Such a great table.

We were all in on a Jaws but played one on location and really weren't impressed. We decided to switch gears to the other John Williams table and it's no comparison.

I know it's super early code on Jaws but to use Elwins phrase, there just wasn't the kinetic satisfaction on Jaws. I didn't feel like the ball did anything all that cool. And code isn't going to fix geometry.

Completely different feeling with JP. So many cool shots.

#9173 3 months ago

Finished setting up and installing mods today

Shooter rod
Shaker
Home translite
External audio control
Updating code
Moving posts to close out outlane (Don't judge, lol)

Game is really sweet. Trying to get everything dialed in. At the start of trex encounters we are getting a decent amount of drops out of the mouth. Sometimes the mouth closes quickly and it's fine. But, usually the mouth stays open a bit too long and ball rolls out. Any suggestions on settings or adjustments that would help?

#9174 3 months ago
IMG_5630.jpegIMG_5630.jpeg
#9176 3 months ago

We got the mouth closing consistently with covering up half the opto on the right side. So trex is pretty much dialed in now.

One more question. Is there an adjustment for how long the trex will thrash with the ball at the start of trex multiball? It seems like it gets held for a decent amount of time. The second ball is well into play when it finally gets released.

#9177 3 months ago

We got the mouth closing consistently with covering up half the opto on the right side. So trex is pretty much dialed in now.
One more question. Is there an adjustment for how long the trex will thrash with the ball at the start of trex multiball? It seems like it gets held for a decent amount of time. The second ball is well into play when it finally gets released.

That’s normal timing.

#9178 3 months ago

For most of the "hold" actions in the game, if you press and hold both flipper buttons at the same time, the game will skip the delay time. Definitely speeds up the game when you know what you are doing.
Cheers!

#9179 3 months ago

Hey all! Just joined the club, #191 30th anniversary checking in.

Absolutely LOVE the machine so far, but I did have a question. When sound seems to get intense (lots going on, especially T-REX roar) it can start to stutter on and off a bit. Anyone else experience this? It was like this right out of the box so not sure if a software or hardware issue or what. Couldn't find too much about this either.

Other thing seems to be the left ramp doesnt always register the shot, which to me suggests could be a partially faulty opto board.

Any suggestions on either would be fantastic, but otherwise it is a sweet ass machine! Happy to have it in the line up.

#9180 3 months ago
Quoted from Jeffo:

Other thing seems to be the left ramp doesnt always register the shot, which to me suggests could be a partially faulty opto board.

Unfortunately it’s not a key post in either thread for JP owners, but if you search you can find it. Basically you want to take a small piece of black tape and cover up the lower half of the opto opening for both the entrance and exit opto switches for the left ramp. Should fix it up and work almost 100%. Very, very common fix for JP.

#9181 3 months ago
Quoted from Jeffo:

Absolutely LOVE the machine so far, but I did have a question. When sound seems to get intense (lots going on, especially T-REX roar) it can start to stutter on and off a bit. Anyone else experience this? It was like this right out of the box so not sure if a software or hardware issue or what. Couldn't find too much about this either.
Any suggestions on either would be fantastic, but otherwise it is a sweet ass machine! Happy to have it in the line up.

Common issue on the left ramp. Search this forum and the other JP club forum for “tape fix” and that’s probably what you need.

To confirm the issue though I’d suggest going into the menu and doing the left ramp test. It counts the number of times the left ramp entrance and exit optos register. Whichever one isn’t registering as much as the other is the problem.

Most likely the tape fix on the entrance opto will resolve it though.

#9182 3 months ago

Amazing - will try, thank you guys!

#9183 3 months ago
Quoted from Jeffo:

To clarify on what others are saying: If you have problems with the T-rex head not registering (when it's lowered and ready to eat the ball), that's the entrance opto. If you mean the ball is going all the way up the ramp but you're not getting credit for the shot, that's the exit opto (behind the back panel).

#9184 3 months ago

Yeah its the exit, goes up fine just when it loops around it wont register as the shot sometimes

Quoted from vikingerik:

To clarify on what others are saying: If you have problems with the T-rex head not registering (when it's lowered and ready to eat the ball), that's the entrance opto. If you mean the ball is going all the way up the ramp but you're not getting credit for the shot, that's the exit opto (behind the back panel).

#9185 3 months ago
Quoted from Jeffo:

Yeah its the exit, goes up fine just when it loops around it wont register as the shot sometimes

Like the Skill shot etc? Mine did the same thing....black tape fixed it!

#9186 3 months ago
Quoted from Jeffo:

You can confirm the 'tape fix' will help by taking the glass off and rolling the ball by hand slowly across the opto sensors. If the slow travelling ball registeres 100% of the time, then the 'tape fix' will likely solve your problem. The issue has to do with the duration of the time that the light beam is broken by the presense of the ball. The closer you are to the surface of the playfield, the less obstruction of the light due to the shape of the ball. Try it. Roll the ball slowly and you'll have your answer.

#9187 3 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Like the Skill shot etc? Mine did the same thing....black tape fixed it!

Thanks for confirming as mine does this occasionally when doing the Skillshot, but mine might be related to the trough or other switch registering as the red insert goes out before I hit the ramp and that’s when it doesn’t register.

I haven’t investigated it as it happens maybe 2 out of 10 times.

#9188 89 days ago

Thanks again for the opto help.

Here's the sound issue as I was describing. Its much more pronounced in person

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/hvhbze14zw90m9ydn1g3j/jurassicpark_sound.mp4?rlkey=m5xw77rmkk1yghxedik7te17l&dl=0

It starts around 3s in the video and seems to be whenever TREX or 'intense' sound is happening, it gets really cut out and starts stuttering. Definitely doesn't sound normal.

Anyone else experience this?

#9189 87 days ago

Deleted

3 weeks later
#9190 64 days ago

Hi everybody, I am currently doing this mod for the PRO and I will think to make also this for the Premium/LE machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/424#post-8096371

I have just to understand if I remove the iron blade you have in the Premium/LE machine what’s wrong with that.

You can see the video here for the renderer on a PRO :

Have a nice day.
Lionel.

IMG_0811 (resized).jpegIMG_0811 (resized).jpegIMG_0818 (resized).jpegIMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
#9191 64 days ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

I have just to understand if I remove the iron blade you have in the Premium/LE machine what’s wrong with that.

The helicopter blade on the premium/LE spins when the ball passes it and scores points. You wouldn't want to remove it.

#9192 64 days ago

I would find those constantly spinning blades really annoying during game play. Also, airballs do happen in pinball. Seeing a nice expensive mod getting destroyed with 1 unlucky airball would be devastating. I can just see the blades getting broken. I also had other mods get hit and shatter like those little JP road signs. It happens.

In any case it's not like the helicopter has a major role in the story/movie. You arrive in it and leave in it. It's the in-between part that is the adventure.

#9193 64 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

The helicopter blade on the premium/LE spins when the ball passes it and scores points. You wouldn't want to remove it.

Agree with you about the airball. I have to provide spare propellers in the initial set. The body of the helicopter is in iron.
So or I have to think also of propellers in iron. Thank you for your feedback

#9194 64 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

Ok interesting, so on premium/LE you have chance to make a better score that on a pro . If you get points when you contact the propellers...

#9195 64 days ago

Ok interesting, so on premium/LE you have chance to make a better score that on a pro . If you get points when you contact the propellers...

Just like Trex events and Raptor multi ball etc.... 2 different games

#9196 64 days ago

The points are very small. It only really matters for the modes that count switch hits, which are Pteranodon Attack and King of the Island MB, though it can help those a fair amount.

#9197 64 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The points are very small. It only really matters for the modes that count switch hits, which are Pteranodon Attack and King of the Island MB, though it can help those a fair amount.

Yes correct a friend give me the information also. So in fact if you accept to move your iron helipad, our mod works on premium/LE also. We have done that on a premium machine this evening at friend home and it is Ok. When you see the schema. You can see you have the same plastics in each machine.

I have to see also for an option to interact the motor with the microswitch of the ramp. It means when you pass through this switch the motor runs the propeller for 5 ou 10 seconds for example. At this time it is permanent spinning at the speed you want and you can stop also the propeller.

IMG_0797 (resized).pngIMG_0797 (resized).pngIMG_0798 (resized).pngIMG_0798 (resized).png
#9198 64 days ago

A constant moving coptor I will hard pass on...

#9199 63 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

A constant moving coptor I will hard pass on...

Yes I agree with you. I am working about spinning only when the ball will contact the existing microswitch on the ramp for a duration of X seconds. The value of X to define, 5 to 10 seconds.

#9200 61 days ago

Here it is the interaction promised.

We have chosen the "Yellow Helipad Bulb". So the blades turns when this light goes on
You can see here :

Don't hesitate to go here for more information : Agusta A109 Helicopter Mod for JP (Pre-order List - All machines)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/agusta-a109-helicopter-for-jp-pre-order-list-pro-only

You can answer in this thread and I will add to the list.
We are working to produce iron blades in order to avoid breakage during Air ball. Body is already in iron.

Have a nice week-end.

IMG_0878 (resized).JPGIMG_0878 (resized).JPGIMG_0881 (resized).JPGIMG_0881 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

10,500 (OBO)
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/184?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.