(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By EightBallTexas

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,844 posts
  • 744 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Markharris2000
  • Topic is favorited by 379 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0603 (resized).jpg
IMG_0605 (resized).jpg
IMG_0604 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210710_115036 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210710_114323 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210608_174818 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8096 (resized).JPG
7793CD8B-4E25-4733-8C13-E9F0D6C1764B.gif
PXL_20220921_212327606 (resized).jpg
A2A6E526-5786-4532-AC9C-9C7925ABE7BF (resized).jpeg
40CDA0EB-62B9-4C55-9A42-E59B51192F7D (resized).jpeg
4C1C6A2E-B090-4974-83AA-D287BDDB545A (resized).jpeg
D85255D1-AE9D-4238-A624-72BD2CE88668 (resized).jpeg
F40772E6-2E58-4D86-BD82-5634CBDA1EBD (resized).jpeg
5E85ABE3-26D7-4D44-90AA-FAE3C5AF3E19 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 177.
#8801 68 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

superNESjoe,
Here's something you can try while waiting for your replacement.
Assuming you have both the ball and shaft removed from the machine, clean off any and all glue residue that is on that newton ball shaft as well as in the ball. Use acetone or mineral spirits; you want those metal surfaces absolutely clean.
Put the ball in the oven at about 325 degrees for about twenty minutes. At the same time, put the shaft in the freezer. What will happen is that the ball will increase in size a miniscule amount. At the same time, the cold will cause the shaft to shrink by a very small amount. I'm talking microscopic amounts.
With gloved hands (duh!), very carefully insert the cold shaft into the hot ball. Use a small hammer to lightly tap the shaft and set it into the ball.
Now put the assembly aside for half-an-hour or so until it cools down. With luck, the shaft will be fixed tightly in the newton ball.

7793CD8B-4E25-4733-8C13-E9F0D6C1764B.gif

#8802 66 days ago

Damn, that is a science-filled suggestion. It's been a couple days and I haven't heard back from my distributor about the replacement part, I'm assuming they're just busy, so I might end up doing this.

I'm admittedly a little impatient not being able to play my new game ha.

#8803 62 days ago
Quoted from superNESjoe:

Damn, that is a science-filled suggestion. It's been a couple days and I haven't heard back from my distributor about the replacement part, I'm assuming they're just busy, so I might end up doing this.
I'm admittedly a little impatient not being able to play my new game ha.

My interim fix (or permanent, who knows) would be to get the ball in a vise, fill the hole with some epoxy then hammer in the post.

#8804 56 days ago

Are they making any more premiums this year?

#8805 56 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Are they making any more premiums this year?

I haven't seen it on any of the schedules going around.

#8806 52 days ago

I know I am going to get a lot of flak for this, but does anyone know if it is possible to "invert" the truck sensor? i.e. make the game think the truck is facing the opposite direction to where it is actually facing?

The smart missile is just such a narrow shot. Most times I get what looks like (or should be) a direct hit, right between the truck and the right ramp, but because the clearance is SO small, the ball just kind of "jams" there and doesn't make it into the pops. If the truck were facing the other direction, it would still be a tricky shot but at least be a little more reasonable.

I can live with the other things the truck controls being "backwards". Like the next paddock, the rear orbit post, and side lane lights.

Anyone with me?

#8807 52 days ago
Quoted from baxelrod:

I know I am going to get a lot of flak for this, but does anyone know if it is possible to "invert" the truck sensor? i.e. make the game think the truck is facing the opposite direction to where it is actually facing?
The smart missile is just such a narrow shot. Most times I get what looks like (or should be) a direct hit, right between the truck and the right ramp, but because the clearance is SO small, the ball just kind of "jams" there and doesn't make it into the pops. If the truck were facing the other direction, it would still be a tricky shot but at least be a little more reasonable.
I can live with the other things the truck controls being "backwards". Like the next paddock, the rear orbit post, and side lane lights.
Anyone with me?

Not sure this will help. The smart missile being available has nothing to do with the position of the truck.

Check the rule sheet here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644#heading--smartmissile

#8808 52 days ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Not sure this will help. The smart missile being available has nothing to do with the position of the truck.
Check the rule sheet here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644#heading--smartmissile

I’m pretty sure smart missile only activates when the truck is facing the direction for the narrow shot.

IIRC in the initial game code the smart missile could be activated with the truck facing either direction but in one of the updates it was changed.

#8809 51 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I’m pretty sure smart missile only activates when the truck is facing the direction for the narrow shot.
IIRC in the initial game code the smart missile could be activated with the truck facing either direction but in one of the updates it was changed.

Quoted from baxelrod:

Anyone with me?

Correct. Left inlane triggers. By design meant to be hard but I understand the question to switch. I’m not with you because I love the shot as is…but it’s your machine and can do whatever makes you happy (without pinside attacks ideally but that’s prob too much to ask ). People mod, tweak, and personalize everything.

I would say that I’ve played at least 7-8 JPs and a few have been brutal/near impossible to hit the amber target via smart missile. I suppose could be several things but I’d try to change the pitch -0.5 or +0.5. Keep glass off and take 20 shots at both and see if any luck. also, this is going to sound ridiculous but I lean to the left when my smart missile shot is staged. For some reason the visual angle change seems to help me hit the target more consistently (consistently =30-40% maybe).

#8810 51 days ago

You can try and cheese the smart missile by shooting the spinner, you may get lucky with a pop bounce into the stand up

#8811 51 days ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Correct. Left inlane triggers. By design meant to be hard but I understand the question to switch. I’m not with you because I love the shot as is…but it’s your machine and can do whatever makes you happy (without pinside attacks ideally but that’s prob too much to ask ). People mod, tweak, and personalize everything.
I would say that I’ve played at least 7-8 JPs and a few have been brutal/near impossible to hit the amber target via smart missile. I suppose could be several things but I’d try to change the pitch -0.5 or +0.5. Keep glass off and take 20 shots at both and see if any luck. also, this is going to sound ridiculous but I lean to the left when my smart missile shot is staged. For some reason the visual angle change seems to help me hit the target more consistently (consistently =30-40% maybe).

It's a very tough shot, and for my skill level, is basically a hail mary. I think my best is twice in one game, but for the most part I can play a dozen games and never hit the target.

#8812 51 days ago
Quoted from baxelrod:

You could do some testing with a multimeter and try to reverse the opto input wires on the truck opto board plug. That would probably be the path of least resistance. Once you figure that out you could build a jumper plug between the wiring harness and the opto board that has them flipped in case you want to switch it back easily.

That’s how I would handle it.

Edit: I do like that shot as is - very satisfying when you make it and you will get better at it.

#8813 50 days ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I’m not with you because I love the shot as is

100%.

Such a great feeling when you hit it. The lighting and sound creates more pressure on GZ's Destruction Jackpot, but as a shot itself, Smart Missile takes the cake.

#8814 50 days ago

I have GZ and JP and the smart missle shot is the most satisfying shot in either of the pins. Especially the build up and count down. Even the Chaos shot feels almost as good if you hit it when the truck is facing the same direction.

Hold your breath as you shoot it and when you hit it and exhale it's a fantastic feeling.

#8815 50 days ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I have GZ and JP and the smart missle shot is the most satisfying shot in either of the pins. Especially the build up and count down. Even the Chaos shot feels almost as good if you hit it when the truck is facing the same direction.
Hold your breath as you shoot it and when you hit it and exhale it's a fantastic feeling.

Ha ha ha one of the times I definitely let our a "F" Yeah!!!!

I haven't played much no good golfers but hear the hole in one shot is satisfying? How do they compare?

#8816 50 days ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

In honor of Lyman I get down into his playing position slightly left of center ha ha ha

#8817 50 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

In honor of Lyman I get down into his playing position slightly left of center ha ha ha

Haha my back would never withstand that half leaning over. It gives me back pain to watch videos of him doing it!

#8818 49 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Ha ha ha one of the times I definitely let our a "F" Yeah!!!!
I haven't played much no good golfers but hear the hole in one shot is satisfying? How do they compare?

I have both games. The hole in one is super satisfying but it's makable. I usually make it at least once per game. Smart missile on the other hand. Played close to 500 games on my JP. Have only hit it once or twice between the pops and past the truck. I always shoot for the spinner and hope for a pop drop but that's only happened a handful of times. Nothing is blocking the hole in one shot on NGG. You just have to make it.

Cheers!

#8819 49 days ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Haha my back would never withstand that half leaning over. It gives me back pain to watch videos of him doing it!

I only do it for the smart missile

#8820 48 days ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

You can try and cheese the smart missile by shooting the spinner, you may get lucky with a pop bounce into the stand up

You can't go that route since a MISS is registered if a switch is hit before the SM switch. I've successfully used a Multiball to hit the truck the opposite way when waiting for the SM countdown though.

#8821 48 days ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

You can't go that route since a MISS is registered if a switch is hit before the SM switch. I've successfully used a Multiball to hit the truck the opposite way when waiting for the SM countdown though.

Pretty sure I've hit the SM target after shooting the spinner and having drop into the pops.

#8822 48 days ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Don’t believe this is right (unless they changed this in the latest code although I hadn’t heard of it). Going the spinner route or opening the gap by spinning the truck (if in MB) have been techniques that worked in the past for people (been discussed in the thread previously).

#8823 48 days ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

As SimpleSkin and Manny65 said, this is not correct. There is no MISS registered until the timer for making the shot expires. Until then any hit to the target will count.

#8824 48 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

As SimpleSkin and Manny65 said, this is not correct. There is no MISS registered until the timer for making the shot expires. Until then any hit to the target will count.

Better than that... The actual shot can be made until the END of the "missed shot" video. I've done it many times. You hear the "that's a miss" audio then you hit it and get it awarded anyway.

#8825 48 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Better than that... The actual shot can be made until the END of the "missed shot" video. I've done it many times. You hear the "that's a miss" audio then you hit it and get it awarded anyway.

Yup - had that happen more than once.

#8826 48 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Well folks, I stand corrected!

#8827 48 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yep there is a nice little grace period there.

#8828 47 days ago
Quoted from JP76:

I removed mine and worked on it. I removed wire form (3 screws). Then I removed the rail that the bracket is attached to. First you have to remove the plastic piece that’s on top of it. The rail has one screw on top of the PF and one nut below the PF. You may also have to remove the roof on the tower to get the wire form back on. It really wasn’t bad. I had few issues with that gate and decided to do what was necessary to work on it.

I ordered this kit from comet pinball for my JP. Comes with 6-32 and 8-32 hex. I can’t remember off hand which is correct. Either way your covered.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit?variant=12493663010860

#8829 42 days ago

Hey, here's how to install the "Pindefender" in a Stern Jurassic Park Premium for shooter lane protection if anyone is interested. Lots of color options, but I like how the red looks in it:

Also, I don't sell these or get paid to promote. I'm just sharing.

#8830 42 days ago

Cliffy protectors are always an option too. Protectors seem to perform the same function, just depends on the look you prefer.
IMG_8096 (resized).JPG

#8831 42 days ago
Quoted from rdleifriaf:

Hey, here's how to install the "Pindefender" in a Stern Jurassic Park Premium for shooter lane protection if anyone is interested. Lots of color options, but I like how the red looks in it:

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Cliffy protectors are always an option too. Protectors seem to perform the same function, just depends on the look you prefer.

There’s already a Cliffy shooter lane protector on the machine in the video…??

#8832 42 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I saw that too. Maybe I'll put a second playfield protector on my NGG just to make sure! LOL

Joking aside I don't see a reason for both.

#8833 42 days ago

This is how I hit my high score with a single shot. Please keep in mind, my outlanes and tilt are set to easy so don't take this score too seriously.

Pteranodon Attack represents the only way I am aware of to "blow up" JP.

For those that are unaware, the mode is simple, three hits to the Pteranodon ramp (middle right ramp) qualifies the mode and the fourth starts it.
It is a timed frenzy mode which has two components; every 12 switches increases a multiplier and; all switches add 25k to the mode value (which increases +10k for each time you start the mode).
The sum of these is claimed by shooting the Pteranodon ramp while Pteranodon Attack is running.

Despite your mode value (25k/switch) expiring after the mode runs out, the multiplier doesn't (it keeps building) every time you qualify Pteranodon Attack.

The method here is nothing new to many. Start Pteranodon Attack, jam the spinners as much as possible, rinse and repeat, then finally cash in a huge jackpot towards the end of your game after doing virtually nothing else.

Some notes that help maximise scoring:
- Spinners give the most switch hits per shot so only aim for spinners when Pteranodon Attack is running.
- You must finish T-rex mode. This extends all mode timers which is probably the most important thing.
- Pteranodon Attack keeps counting down at all times; during animations, ball holds etc. so avoid these when you’re in or close to starting Pteranodon Attack.
- Get as many extra balls as you can.
- Try and finish fossil set 1 which gives an additional 10x multiplier.
- Don’t worry about finishing things other than T-rex or modes that help you achieve fossil set 1.
- Use every multiball to start Pteranodon mode and smash spinners (don’t forget that any ball that is saved by ball save will activate the Premium helicopter spinner).
- Other than what is listed above, don’t focus on anything other than hitting the ramp to get it started and the spinners to build the value.
- Don’t shoot/flip randomly during Pteranodon Attack as something could accidentally go up the Pteranodon ramp.
- Sometimes you cannot start Pteranodon Attack, such as during wizard modes.

My strategy to claim the jackpot
- Have 2x scoring ready (qualified by hitting the all three 'set the trap' targets and then the main supply drop target).
- Have a multiball ready
- Start Pteranodon Attack.
- Start multiball
- Drain as many balls as possible while continually hitting the central spinner with a single ball (Premium strategy)
- Start 2x playfield
- When 2x playfield and Pteranodon are close to expiring it is time to aim for the Pteranodon ramp.

I'm keen to hear stories of even larger Pteranodon Jackpots or other ways to blow this game up!

pasted_image (resized).png
#8834 42 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You are right, I didn't notice that. I've not been following closely, but is the Pindefender designed to do perform a different function? Seems like one or the other, but not both would be required for ample shooter lane protection.

#8835 42 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You are right, I didn't notice that. I've not been following closely, but is the Pindefender designed to do perform a different function? Seems like one or the other, but not both would be required for ample shooter lane protection.

I’m not a fan of the ‘tray’ type plastic shooter lane protectors. I my experience, (like with JP) when there is a finicky auto-launch it tends to affect the launch in negative ways. And also consider that you may have to adjust the shooter lane switch. I like Cliffy’s solution best - but that’s just me.

#8836 42 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I’m not a fan of the ‘tray’ type plastic shooter lane protectors. I my experience, (like with JP) when there is a finicky auto-launch it tends to affect the launch in negative ways. And also consider that you may have to adjust the shooter lane switch. I like Cliffy’s solution best - but that’s just me.

I've never had a problem with the tray protector in mine. I think it's tricky to install correctly, but if you get it right, it works fine.

#8837 42 days ago
Quoted from Had:

- You must finish T-rex mode. This extends all mode timers which is probably the most important thing.
-
[quoted image]

Great write up and I will have to try this.

Can you finish a T-rex mode before starting Pteranodon or do you have to complete T-Rex during Pteranodon?

Thanks I am learning slowly, thanks so much!

#8838 42 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

You could also use mylar.

In my experience, Cliffy and other protectors can affect the ball launch. Mylar is your thinnest option, so there are no physical changes to the game.

I also power the power on the trough eject, and you're golden.

2000+ games on JP, and shooter looks new.

#8839 41 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Great write up and I will have to try this.
Can you finish a T-rex mode before starting Pteranodon or do you have to complete T-Rex during Pteranodon?
Thanks I am learning slowly, thanks so much!

Thanks, yes you can start / finish T-Rex modes before starting Pteranodon Attack.

#8840 41 days ago

Does anyone's raptor pit cliffy cause ball hangs. On my machine, the cliffy prevents the drop target from being 100% flush with the PF (when in the down position). I can take the glass off and adjust things, but it seems to come back after 20-40 plays. Does anyone else have this experience?

#8841 41 days ago

Hello everyone i decided to upload my Adaptermodel For the Jada Toy Car so everyone with a 3D printer can print it themself.
It is now Aviable to Buy as a 3D Printing model online for 40 Dollars wich i get 70% of it. (Included Tax)
If you are Intrested and want to support me here is the Link :
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/hobby-diy/mechanical-parts/adapter-for-toycar-for-stern-pinball-jurassic-park
Please mind the License:
Royalty Free License ( Cf Cgtrader Terms and conditions ) Reselling Any parts, modified parts, baked Geometry or texture, or any sources file is not allowed
IMG_20210608_174818 (resized).jpgIMG_20210710_114323 (resized).jpgIMG_20210710_115036 (resized).jpg

#8842 40 days ago

Hi there,

My t-rex is working fine (moving catching ball...) however it seems it s going slightly too much on the left from time to time and i can hear the gear spinning (or something similar).
Is there a way to limit the t-rex movement so it does not go as far on the side?

Thanks

1 week later
#8843 33 days ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Hello everyone i decided to upload my Adaptermodel For the Jada Toy Car so everyone with a 3D printer can print it themself.
It is now Aviable to Buy as a 3D Printing model online for 40 Dollars wich i get 70% of it. (Included Tax)
If you are Intrested and want to support me here is the Link :
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/hobby-diy/mechanical-parts/adapter-for-toycar-for-stern-pinball-jurassic-park
Please mind the License:
Royalty Free License ( Cf Cgtrader Terms and conditions ) Reselling Any parts, modified parts, baked Geometry or texture, or any sources file is not allowed
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

sent you a PM, I don't have a 3d printer but had some questions.

1 month later
#8844 1 day ago

I ran into a great little mod over at Mr_Tantrum 's mod store that I wanted to share. I never thought about that generic warning decal on the center of the apron surface, but he has magnetic (or pressure sensitive decal) printed badges that go right over the factory warning. It's a 10 second iupgrade, $12 shipped and he has some stock images or you can supply one yourself. For the machine that has everything....

IMG_0603 (resized).jpgIMG_0604 (resized).jpgIMG_0605 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
17,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blakeslee, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 8,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 177.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!