(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 185.
#8501 2 years ago
Quoted from gregpinball:

As this is my first post my apologies if this question has been already covered or if I am posting in the wrong spot.
I am trying to remove the hinge on right side of my JP Premium so that I can send it out for powder coating (LE Green). But, I can't see how to get to the second bolt. Do I remove the screws on the metal box? Is there a trick? Thanks, Greg
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, remove that cover to access the hinge nuts. The cover is held on with three screws, easy off.

#8502 2 years ago

I have had a Stern premium Jurassic Park for about a year now. Recently the T Rex about every third or fourth time has been dropping the ball all the way to the left ( it’s right) and the ball gets stuck behind the guard tower. I’d understand if it was going it every time it’s probably an adjustment somewhere but it only does it like I said but generally you can’t get through a full game. I have to pull the glass to get the ball out. Any ideas why it would only do it occasionally?

#8503 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderwolf:

I have had a Stern premium Jurassic Park for about a year now. Recently the T Rex about every third or fourth time has been dropping the ball all the way to the left ( it’s right) and the ball gets stuck behind the guard tower. I’d understand if it was going it every time it’s probably an adjustment somewhere but it only does it like I said but generally you can’t get through a full game. I have to pull the glass to get the ball out. Any ideas why it would only do it occasionally?

Do you have a mod on the tower? Only asking because I recall some people with a decorative mod for the tower have had issues with stuck balls there.

Whether or not you have a mod, you can try placing a cabinet dot or two in the area where the ball is getting stuck to prevent it from happening or you can disable random throw from the T-Rex settings so it will only return the ball to the wire form.

Posting a picture of the spot with a stuck ball there could also lead people to have better suggestions.

#8504 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

It would be interesting to see the inside of the coin door and how you mounted it. More pics and details please.
Thanks!

Here's the thread on the coin door mount: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount#post-6621582

#8505 2 years ago
Quoted from gregpinball:

As this is my first post my apologies if this question has been already covered or if I am posting in the wrong spot.
I am trying to remove the hinge on right side of my JP Premium so that I can send it out for powder coating (LE Green). But, I can't see how to get to the second bolt. Do I remove the screws on the metal box? Is there a trick? Thanks, Greg

Yeah, you have to take off that cover. Make sure the machine is unplugged before you take the cover off and stick any tools inside that area, there's 115v-120v in there even when the machine is off.

#8506 2 years ago
Quoted from gregpinball:

Also, you can just get raw metal hinges from pinball life to send out for powdercoating so you're not without your game while it's being done:

Hinges:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=535-7999-00_535-7999-01_raw

Side rails:
https://www.pinballlife.com/raw-steel-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html

Lockdown:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-dual-latch-lockdown-bar-with-actionfire-cutout.html

You only have to do this once for about $200, and then can just roll your extra set with each new machine, or even have the powdercoating done in advance of each machine so it's ready to install day one.

#8507 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

It would be interesting to see the inside of the coin door and how you mounted it. More pics and details please.
Thanks!

You can find more information here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8508 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderwolf:

The "throwing" is random. Trex rampage and Trex multiball have random throwing. The other TREX modes drop on the wireform.

As others have mentioned you can either turn off throwing in the settings, or remove/fix the raptor tower mod that's installed but not factory. It looks nice but creates a ball trap.

#8509 2 years ago
Quoted from Freebird:

RefugeNate, I have the exact same situation you describe - sometimes the jaw stays open during intro roar, sometimes during game play, etc. I did confirm that it is just the jaw sticking and not a magnet issue. I also confirmed that in my case, the sticking is related to temperature. My machine is in a room that can get kind of cold, sometimes down to 57 degrees or so. If I come in, turn on the machine and do a jaw open diagnostic, it will stick open - maybe for a second or two, or maybe for quite a while. If I leave the machine on for an hour or two and add some heat to the room, it works fine. I bet your magnet is working fine. The jaw and the magnet work together to get the chomping action. If the jaw sticks open even briefly during the chomp or just after he grabs it and swings his head, the ball comes out when the magnet releases even if it's not supposed to. I still plan on taking my t-rex out and figuring out what exactly is binding.

I just took the T-Rex apart again. I put spacers between the upper jaw on both sides and the rubber body where it doesn't interfere with the opening and closing of the jaw. My T-Rex now works perfectly. It's been months and lots of head banging but I think I have it.

#8510 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I just took the T-Rex apart again. I put spacers between the upper jaw on both sides and the rubber body where it doesn't interfere with the opening and closing of the jaw. My T-Rex now works perfectly. It's been months and lots of head banging but I think I have it.

Do you have any pics or are you able to highlight on the assembly diagram where you put the spacers and what size they were?

JP T-Rex assembly (resized).jpgJP T-Rex assembly (resized).jpg
#8511 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Do you have any pics or are you able to highlight on the assembly diagram where you put the spacers and what size they were?
[quoted image]

Quoted from Manny65:

[quoted image]

Directly above where the lower jaw hinges to the upper. In coil test if the jaw is stuck open and you use your fingers to spread the rubber body it will snap shut. I just needed minimal spacers to give the lower hinge clearance.

#8512 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Directly above where the lower jaw hinges to the upper. In coil test if the jaw is stuck open and you use your fingers to spread the rubber body it will snap shut. I just needed minimal spacers to give the lower hinge clearance.

I've suspected that a lot of my jaw issues have been due to the "rubbing" of the mold as well. Can you please show pics or if you don't want to dismantle the assembly again, then like Manny65 said, download and mark-up that diagram to show where you put spacers in between what part and what spacers you used (model number)? That would really help the community!

#8513 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I've suspected that a lot of my jaw issues have been due to the "rubbing" of the mold as well. Can you please show pics or if you don't want to dismantle the assembly again, then like Manny65 said, download and mark-up that diagram to show where you put spacers in between what part and what spacers you used (model number)? That would really help the community!

I was rushed for time and my fix isn't very professional and may not be permanent. I wadded up post it notes (one on each side) and basically stuffed them up it's cheeks. I then made sure there was clearance and the lower jaw wasn't contacting the paper or rubber. It proved the theory but maybe someone can improve the fix. I won't be able to work on it again for over a week. The paperwad spacers are nearly underneath the eyes sockets. I'm also in contact with Pablo at Stern to see if he has any thoughts. I hope this helps for now.

#8514 2 years ago

Bump! Want to be in the know!

Quoted from jkashani:

Can anyone tell me how to decrease the movement of the Trex to the right (players left). Thanks in advance.

#8515 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I temporarily gave up the movie assets and call out to get my insider achievement point. Finally got my Insider connected scanner today and installed it on the coin door. [quoted image]

Where did you get those apron cards from?

#8516 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Hey Rat…. Check in with Mr_Tantrum here on Pinside. I have ordered a few magnetic apron cards from him and the are VERY nice quality.

I believe he had several to choose from…. Good luck!

#8517 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I actually offer both magnets & apron card options. Since you are outside of US the cards would be the most affordable option since I can send those in a standard envelope.

You can see some of the designs here: http://aproncards.com/index.php/nggallery/pinball-apron-cards/jurassic-park-stern
Please PM me for details.

#8519 2 years ago

hey guys im sure this has been addressed but a customer has a premium and all of a sudden the trex is LOUD . It sounds like the gear box . The trex works fine but i think it might be on its way out . is this a thing with this game . thinking of asking stern to send me a new gear box.

#8520 2 years ago

The Review:
I got a Stern Jurassic Park Premium Pinball in 2022

#8521 2 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

hey guys im sure this has been addressed but a customer has a premium and all of a sudden the trex is LOUD . It sounds like the gear box . The trex works fine but i think it might be on its way out . is this a thing with this game . thinking of asking stern to send me a new gear box.

Is their glass off? Did they turn the sound down? Serious questions if it’s coming from a customer. I’ve found myself alarmed of the sound a few times only to realize that thing actually is kind of loud when things aren’t drowning it out like normal.

#8522 2 years ago

Can you or should you put some lubricant on t-Rex? I have had mine a couple of years but I never realized that it made creaking noises until I installed some headphones and now I can hear t-Rex moving when normal sound is going to headphones.

#8523 2 years ago

Karl's streaming JP again and giving away more prizes 7:00-9:00PST - contest guesses are due SOON:

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

#8525 2 years ago

Well I thought I had it.... but game last night my Trex ramp opto( skill shot....advance paddock...) only registered 1/2 the time. I had tightened it and cleaned it. no real adjustment that i can see... Seemed to work fine for a couple of games. So frustrating when you have a decent game going....

Put in a service note with Stern......

#8526 2 years ago

Traded my premium out for an LE. On my new LE, the raptor is positioned differently, it’s head is much lower / tail higher in the default position. Still works. It’s (the magnet stack)all the way down on the metal lever that covers the switch, so not sure what’s up, compared to the premium. Maybe bend the metal lever/switch that it rests on or shorten the magnet stack under the tail? Anybody noticed different machines with different raptor resting positions or do I need to adjust something? Don’t really feel like digging into that raptor pen.

#8527 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I don’t recall where the images came from but my husband had them printed by mpix.com in a really cool metallic finish. I think they look great.

#8528 2 years ago

Pinstadiums with mirror blades or game blades? That is the question.

#8529 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I hate pinstadiums so I can't answer.

#8530 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I have them with Stern blades. Thinking of switching to Retrofurbs blue ones. Like them a lot

I have Pinstadiums on all 3 of my games and love them. The Munsters with the small lower playfield ones is awesome

#8531 2 years ago

No familiar with the retrofurb blue ones

Quoted from JMCFAN:

I have them with Stern blades. Thinking of switching to Retrofurbs blue ones. Like them a lot
I have Pinstadiums on all 3 of my games and love them. The Munsters with the small lower playfield ones is awesome

#8533 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Just pin stadiums I wouldn't add blades... personally not a fan they always get scratched.

#8534 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Just pin stadiums I wouldn't add blades... personally not a fan they always get scratched.

problem solved. you might even have something around the house that you could use instead of buying these.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

1 week later
#8535 2 years ago

Anyone up for sharing some pics of a close up of this Barbasol mod install? Got this amazing (no longer in production - thx Robby) mod off a friend and it was pretty mangled - I think a previous owner was running another mod power off the wires. Trying to figure out where these 2 wires go. I assume into the plastic connector but I want to be certain!

921F81F4-73FA-4D9E-9C1A-F826035BFEB8 (resized).jpeg921F81F4-73FA-4D9E-9C1A-F826035BFEB8 (resized).jpegF4D1F139-72B8-4D74-96F2-163256D8F3EC (resized).jpegF4D1F139-72B8-4D74-96F2-163256D8F3EC (resized).jpeg

#8536 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Anyone up for sharing some pics of a close up of this Barbasol mod install? Got this amazing (no longer in production - thx Robby) mod off a friend and it was pretty mangled - I think a previous owner was running another mod power off the wires. Trying to figure out where these 2 wires go. I assume into the plastic connector but I want to be certain!

I can't advise regarding where the wires go, but you don't won't that fuse or fuse holder coming into contact with the earth braid, other boards or bare connectors (eg coil lugs).

1 week later
#8537 2 years ago

I have 2 random issues on my Prem I need help with.

1. Sometimes on startup the raptor gate doesn’t go all the way down or it goes to the bottom and stays there. I don’t see any wires under the PF catching on the gate. If I power cycle that usually fixes it.

2. Sometimes the ball only goes halfway up the right ramp but it still registers. I went into switch test and I can’t replicate the issue with the ball or tapping on the PF or the ramp.

#8538 2 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

2. Sometimes the ball only goes halfway up the right ramp but it still registers. I went into switch test and I can’t replicate the issue with the ball or tapping on the PF or the ramp.

I have that happen also, the micro switch at the top of the ramp on mine is working properly and the wire needs to be moved a fair amount to activate it. So I can't see how a ball going halfway up the ramp would cause it to activate. Yep banging the ramp with my hand or the playfield doesn't active mine. But a ball rolling up there smoothly and back down often does.
I don't understand. But it's no big deal and the game is so hard that it's only fair that sometimes it throws you a freebie

#8539 2 years ago

Put the home pin translite in my premium. I really like the look over the raptors tonsils!

C9533AE8-0474-43BE-A432-5F5A79C33BE2 (resized).jpegC9533AE8-0474-43BE-A432-5F5A79C33BE2 (resized).jpeg
#8540 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Put the home pin translite in my premium. I really like the look over the raptors tonsils!
[quoted image]

I totally dig that translite as well! Assuming it's the same level of quality as your premium?

#8541 2 years ago

It’s actually better quality than my premium translite is. It’s thicker and has better light dispersion. I’m not sure why??

Quoted from ZAuxier:

I totally did that translite as well! Assuming it's the same level of quality as your premium?

#8542 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

[quoted image]

What are the wing looking things on the back of the dinosaur on the right? Or is it some kind of flat rock he is coming out of? Just looks out of place to me.

#8543 2 years ago

Where have you guys been getting these home pin translites? I've been searching everywhere for one, I can't stand the translite in the premium.

#8544 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

What are the wing looking things on the back of the dinosaur on the right? Or is it some kind of flat rock he is coming out of? Just looks out of place to me.

It's a spinosaurus.

Spinosaurus (resized).jpgSpinosaurus (resized).jpg
#8545 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

It's a spinosaurus.[quoted image]

Oh, so I guess the thing on the right is a tree. Just seems like weird placement and looks like he disappears to the right of the tree I guess.

#8546 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Oh, so I guess the thing on the right is a tree. Just seems like weird placement and looks like he disappears to the right of the tree I guess.

I see what you mean. I think it's just a weird perspective thing though. To me it just kinda looks like the dinosaur is "curving" its body pointing back towards where the tree would hide it.

#8547 2 years ago

Personally, I still think the Premium has the overall best art package, including the raptor themed translite. I'm really just not a fan of that cartoon Jeep vehicle (although the T-Rex does look pretty awesome). I know it is on the cabinet art of the Premium, but I can handle it as long as I'm not starring at it on the translite.

BTW, the Spinosaurus reminds me of this guy trying to hide behind a pole.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8548 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

But it's no big deal and the game is so hard that it's only fair that sometimes it throws you a freebie

That’s a fair point. It is a hard game. I adjusted the switch so it’s less sensitive but if that doesn’t help I’m not going to worry about it.

#8549 2 years ago

I need to put in a lighting order, and since I've had several ask I thought I would do another run of my sling dino eyes.

Price is $30 for the pair of eye lights (includes US shipping), and cutoff for orders will be midnight central tonight. Order includes the full set of 2 eye lights with everything needed to connect them. Please PM me if interested in getting in on this run.

I make the pair of lights using a special 3D printed casing (different for each side), and the lights are installed without any disassembly of the sling plastics (full instructions are provided), and work with or without plastic protectors. The bulbs I utilize are non-ghosting, and are connected via alligator clips (i.e. non-destructive and easily removable) under the playfield to the lower sling LED socket. This way the eyes will flash when the sling flashes and be solid when the sling lighting is solid.
IMG_7223 (resized).JPGIMG_7223 (resized).JPGIMG_7224 (resized).JPGIMG_7224 (resized).JPGIMG_7225 (resized).JPGIMG_7225 (resized).JPGdinoeyes.gifdinoeyes.gif

#8550 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I need to put in a lighting order, and since I've had several ask I thought I would do another run of my sling dino eyes.
Price is $30 for the pair of eye lights (includes US shipping), and cutoff for commitments will be midnight central tonight. Order includes the full set of 2 eye lights with everything needed to connect them. Please PM me if interested, and I'm looking for at least 5 commitments to do the run.
I make the pair of lights using a special 3D printed casing (different for each side), and the lights are installed without any disassembly of the sling plastics (full instructions are provided), and work with or without plastic protectors. The bulbs I utilize are non-ghosting, and are connected via alligator clips (i.e. non-destructive and easily removable) under the playfield to the lower sling LED socket. This way the eyes will flash when the sling flashes and be solid when the sling lighting is solid.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great easy to install mod!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/171 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.