(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 185.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

anyone thinking of canceling your LE DONT DO IT. This game is an absolute blast! Today I grabbed a polk sub from best buy and it sounds amazing!! I am enjoying the hell outta my first stern le and I don’t feel like a putz at all![quoted image]

Totally agree. Even with a few out of the box issues, I'm extremely happy with it. It's a beautiful machine, plays great, display graphics are great, and it's the best code I've seen that's sub 1.0

#752 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Totally agree. Even with a few out of the box issues, I'm extremely happy with it. It's a beautiful machine, plays great, display graphics are great, and it's the best code I've seen that's sub 1.0

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

anyone thinking of canceling your LE DONT DO IT. This game is an absolute blast! Today I grabbed a polk sub from best buy and it sounds amazing!! I am enjoying the hell outta my first stern le and I don’t feel like a putz at all!

I went ahead and canceled mine. It wasn't a snap decision. Easily a month worth of deciding. I have had a chance to flip all 3 models. The game itself is a winner for sure. But I've also seen in person 5 of these pins that have all had issues of various degree. In the end, it simply came down to QC for me. I expect to dial in a pin, what I don't expect is for there to be multiple issues with missing parts, mechs no working properly, etc. QC comes down to the human element and how good that human element is working at the factory itself. I'm just not willing to play roulette with that much money, time, and effort at this point.

That being said, I hope that everyone that does get a JP enjoys it and that they have no issues at all.

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I went ahead and canceled mine. It wasn't a snap decision. Easily a month worth of deciding. I have had a chance to flip all 3 models. The game itself is a winner for sure. But I've also seen in person 5 of these pins that have all had issues of various degree. In the end, it simply came down to QC for me. I expect to dial in a pin, what I don't expect is for there to be multiple issues with missing parts, mechs no working properly, etc. QC comes down to the human element and how good that human element is working at the factory itself. I'm just not willing to play roulette with that much money, time, and effort at this point.
That being said, I hope that everyone that does get a JP enjoys it and that they have no issues at all.

Since we are hearing primarily negative comments, which we all need to hear, I thought I'd mention that my LE is flawless (playfield, t-rex, posts etc). This game is a keeper.

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Since we are hearing primarily negative comments, which we all need to hear, I thought I'd mention that my LE is flawless (playfield, t-rex, posts etc). This game is a keeper.

I will add that even despite my issues, I am extremely happy with the game. It is a great addition.

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Same here, no issues.

I have LE#99 about 350 plays and no issues. Great Pin.

Highly recommend hooking up an external sub.

-Dan

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

anyone thinking of canceling your LE DONT DO IT. This game is an absolute blast! Today I grabbed a polk sub from best buy and it sounds amazing!! I am enjoying the hell outta my first stern le and I don’t feel like a putz at all![quoted image]

The sub + the shaker is pretty awesome! Really rumbles!

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Same here, no issues.
I have LE#99 about 350 plays and no issues. Great Pin.
Highly recommend hooking up an external sub.
-Dan

I've never gone with an external sub. How does it hook up?

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Look at Forum thread named, Adding a subwoofer to pinball

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Which is great. I hope everyone gets a flawless LE because that's what should be the norm when purchasing a new in box limited edition pinball machine. I own several Sterns and some of them have been flawless without issues. It's hard for me to produce positive comments out of this situation as it does bum me out that I ended up canceling my order. I love the design, love the theme, love the pin when it's on point and without out of box issues. That just hasn't been my experience with my last 2 purchases or what I've seen from multiple examples from around the country in person of this particular pin.

I'm not the type to encourage anyone to purchase or not purchase, that's totally up to them and their tolerance levels. My tolerance for gambling on what will show up has broke, thus why I'm sitting out until I'm able to find a used one without any issues. If I was a first-time buyer, I'd be all in and willing to take a shot. But because I'm not a first-time buyer and have the experience of issues beforehand and have witnessed these issues with the current product, that all aided in my decision.

That all being said, this is a first-world problem. I'll still play the hell out of this pin any time I get a chance. It's a fantastic theme and design. I hope everyone enjoys their purchase and have no issues.

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Look at Forum thread named, Adding a subwoofer to pinball

Or this one. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/subwoofers

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Which is great. I hope everyone gets a flawless LE because that's what should be the norm when purchasing a new in box limited edition pinball machine. I own several Sterns and some of them have been flawless without issues. It's hard for me to produce positive comments out of this situation as it does bum me out that I ended up canceling my order. I love the design, love the theme, love the pin when it's on point and without out of box issues. That just hasn't been my experience with my last 2 purchases or what I've seen from multiple examples from around the country in person of this particular pin.
I'm not the type to encourage anyone to purchase or not purchase, that's totally up to them and their tolerance levels. My tolerance for gambling on what will show up has broke, thus why I'm sitting out until I'm able to find a used one without any issues. If I was a first-time buyer, I'd be all in and willing to take a shot. But because I'm not a first-time buyer and have the experience of issues beforehand and have witnessed these issues with the current product, that all aided in my decision.
That all being said, this is a first-world problem. I'll still play the hell out of this pin any time I get a chance. It's a fantastic theme and design. I hope everyone enjoys their purchase and have no issues.

Amen, crazy potato

#763 4 years ago

Mine is flawless out of the box too. Love how it shoots! Animations and sound are great!

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Mine is flawless out of the box too. Love how it shoots! Animations and sound are great!

About those animations... Before I got the game, I was leaning toward the side that would prefer actual movie clips... after playing the game a lot, I completely get it now. I didn't realize at first how many memorable scenes are faithfully produced in their above-average CG. Because of this, they were able to blend those re-created scenes with new visuals seamlessly. It fits so well with the game aesthetic. Had they stuck with actual movie clips only, it would have limited the game to a sound-board style game and made it far less immersive. Had they used only new CG scenes, it would have felt more like a dinosaur game and not like a Jurassic Park game. I think they married the two concepts together very well.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Get this for $35. You can do it without, but this works great and it sounds great.

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=48

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

What did you use exactly to hook the Polk up to the pinball machine?

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Mine was aligned great. I noticed a lot of calibration settings in the menu to adjust stuff like that.

I did not see any calibration settings. I just see the tests for T-rex head switches per each position.

#768 4 years ago

LE 378 is in the house and arrived today with no discernible issues. It deserves all the accolades it is getting. I am glad I stayed with the LE.

#769 4 years ago

I love my JP2 LE. I really do. Despite the issues I had. I played it today and a washer rolled down the playfield and settled by the left out-lane. I turned off the game. Looked to see where it may have come from, and found three bubbles/blisters in the gloss without even really looking for such things. This is a rough start for me. (You will need to view the pictures in actual size to see it clearly)
New Probems (resized).jpgNew Probems (resized).jpg

#770 4 years ago

I'm at a loss now. I looked over the playfield more carefully this time. I'm guessing there isn't a fix for peeled paint. 22 games in.

20190926_180607 (resized).jpg20190926_180607 (resized).jpg
#771 4 years ago

Day 2 of my JP2 LE and I am enjoying it immensely. I installed some mods today including the Electric Fence Upgrade that Mezel MOD offers. It is an awesome upgrade from the simple acrylic plastics that came with my LE but it did require some modifications to successfully install. Here are just a few hints:

1. The wire guides in the new columns were to small for the crimped edges of the fence wire to fit; An easy solve that was accomplished by drilling larger holes for the crimped ends to fit into.
2. The mod seems like it was designed and tested on a JP Pro because the T-Rex on my LE bashed into the sides of the columns and got stuck on the left side and started chattering as the gearing became stressed. I had to turn the game off and make the maximum adjustments that I could in order to provide clearance; it now just barely clears now but the 10000 volt sign that is included had to be placed low on the right side column so that the T-Rex could clear it too.
3. The 'broken' wires for the fence had to be moved as far to the outside of each columns as could be achieved so that they would no entangle the T-Rex.

These are all relatively minor issues but that are worth knowing about in advance in order to obtain a satisfactory install. All in all it is a simple install and I am quite pleased with the end result.

Hope this helps.

#772 4 years ago

Sorry you have to deal with those clear issues.

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Sorry you have to deal with those clear issues.

Thanks. I can deal with the clear. But the flaking of the paint right in front of the apron is a tough pill to swallow. The picture doesn't show that it's too bad, but a much larger area has already lifted from the plywood and it's only a matter of time before that flakes off too.

#774 4 years ago

Top down view

Paint Peel2 (resized).jpgPaint Peel2 (resized).jpg
#775 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm at a loss now. I looked over the playfield more carefully this time. I'm guessing there isn't a fix for peeled paint. 22 games in.[quoted image]

Crap - that really sucks.

#776 4 years ago

Jeebus Crisp...

Nib can suck rox.

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm at a loss now. I looked over the playfield more carefully this time. I'm guessing there isn't a fix for peeled paint. 22 games in.[quoted image]

Is that the same location where your ball guide was digging in to the PF?

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is that the same location where your ball guide was digging in to the PF?

No. This is by the apron. The other area already has some paint removed, but I didn't make a big deal about it because it is mostly where you can't see it. I'm not a nit-picky guy, so I just ignored it. But this is kind of in your face.

My dealer had two boxes next to each other and asked which number I wanted. I guess I picked the wrong one.

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

No. This is by the apron. The other area already has some paint removed, but I didn't make a big deal about it because it is mostly where you can't see it. I'm not a nit-picky guy, so I just ignored it. But this is kind of in your face.
My dealer had two boxes next to each other and asked which number I wanted. I guess I picked the wrong one.

Buying an obscenely expensive pinball machine shouldn't be a mystery box.

#780 4 years ago

#380 delivered and set. No issues so far.

#781 4 years ago

I recently passed on my premium preorder and am really glad I did. I’m looking for a HUO ST or TWD premium instead. Going to let the dust settle before I consider a NIB Stern.

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

#380 delivered and set. No issues so far.

Unfortunately I don’t think hawkmoon77 had issues right away, hope yours is fine but these seem to be a ticking time bomb until the art and clear starts lifting, I’m not confident Elvira3 won’t have issues with the ball continually firing out of that elevated kicker.

#783 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Thanks. I can deal with the clear. But the flaking of the paint right in front of the apron is a tough pill to swallow. The picture doesn't show that it's too bad, but a much larger area has already lifted from the plywood and it's only a matter of time before that flakes off too.

I’m sorry. I wonder if the clear is too thin and this is a harbinger of future issues?

#784 4 years ago

If you're aware of this thread and you buy a nib stern I have less than zero sympathy at this point. If you think your SE let alone LE money is safe because a bit of artwork was removed around posts I'm amazed you have the intelligence to earn the required money to buy one. Sorry guys but ffs, wake up!!!

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m sorry. I wonder if the clear is too thin and this is a harbinger of future issues?

So the weird thing is that the rippled and peeled paint seems rock hard in that rippled shape. I'm sure the paint wouldn't ripple along the apron edge, and then they'd clear coat it afterward... But how does it ripple with a fully dry clear coat?

I suppose if the clear coat was soft, and the surface got pulled when they installed the apron, it might wrinkle the paint, and then when the clear cures, it stiffens up the wrinkles? I'm just speculating. I would have thought poor adhesion would just cause it to chip away. But to ripple and then get hardened in that shape? Weird.

Anyone think a green sharpie would fix this up? Maybe they'll send me one when they send the missing parts they forgot to install on the playfield.

#786 4 years ago

I backed out of my LE today.

I feel bad because the distributor is a super nice guy. But, the risk at this price point is too high for me. I really hope everyone who gets a game is able to enjoy it without issues. It is an awesome game!

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

If you're aware of this thread and you buy a nib stern I have less than zero sympathy at this point. If you think your SE let alone LE money is safe because a bit of artwork was removed around posts I'm amazed you have the intelligence to earn the required money to buy one. Sorry guys but ffs, wake up!!!

I have had great experiences with Stern in the past. I bought my first LE thinking I would finally step up to a really premium experience. I browsed Pinside while waiting for it to help with the anticipation. Then I saw this thread. But I still trusted Stern and assumed these horrible cases were in the minority.

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

So the weird thing is that the rippled and peeled paint seems rock hard in that rippled shape. I'm sure the paint wouldn't ripple along the apron edge, and then they'd clear coat it afterward... But how does it ripple with a fully dry clear coat?
I suppose if the clear coat was soft, and the surface got pulled when they installed the apron, it might wrinkle the paint, and then when the clear cures, it stiffens up the wrinkles? I'm just speculating. I would have thought poor adhesion would just cause it to chip away. But to ripple and then get hardened in that shape? Weird.
Anyone think a green sharpie would fix this up? Maybe they'll send me one when they send the missing parts they forgot to install on the playfield.

Is there anyway you can return it under your local consumer laws? No idea where you based but at £10k here in the U.K. this is a joke!

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

IMO that is a no question full game swap or refund. Or a populated PF swap at the very least if you're happy to go through that process. Should be no hesitation, delays or questions from either Stern or your dealer.

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

I backed out of my LE today.
I feel bad because the distributor is a super nice guy. But, the risk at this price point is too high for me. I really hope everyone who gets a game is able to enjoy it without issues. It is an awesome game!

I'm sorry to here.

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Day 2 of my JP2 LE and I am enjoying it immensely. I installed some mods today including the Electric Fence Upgrade that Mezel MOD offers. It is an awesome upgrade from the simple acrylic plastics that came with my LE but it did require some modifications to successfully install. Here are just a few hints:
1. The wire guides in the new columns were to small for the crimped edges of the fence wire to fit; An easy solve that was accomplished by drilling larger holes for the crimped ends to fit into.
2. The mod seems like it was designed and tested on a JP Pro because the T-Rex on my LE bashed into the sides of the columns and got stuck on the left side and started chattering as the gearing became stressed. I had to turn the game off and make the maximum adjustments that I could in order to provide clearance; it now just barely clears now but the 10000 volt sign that is included had to be placed low on the right side column so that the T-Rex could clear it too.
3. The 'broken' wires for the fence had to be moved as far to the outside of each columns as could be achieved so that they would no entangle the T-Rex.
These are all relatively minor issues but that are worth knowing about in advance in order to obtain a satisfactory install. All in all it is a simple install and I am quite pleased with the end result.
Hope this helps.

Could I see a picture of that mod on your game? Sounds interesting

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

IMO that is a no question full game swap or refund. Or a populated PF swap at the very least if you're happy to go through that process. Should be no hesitation, delays or questions from either Stern or your dealer.

This is all new to me. I haven't had to deal with anything like this in the past with my Premiums. I have no idea what to expect. Stern customer support has always been great to me, but I don't know their process or even what I'm entitled to ask for. We have also never really disagreed on anything, so I wouldn't be prepared for a scenario where we may.

I trust my dealer. An excellent local store owner that I trust and who has tons of history with Stern. I'm going to ask him his thoughts on it before making any decisions.

#793 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The question is do Stern actually have any playfields that are 100% without defects? Yes some might be okay at this minute but I wouldn’t like to put money on it that they are going to stay that way, which is why I pulled my money from JPLE.

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

This is all new to me. I haven't had to deal with anything like this in the past with my Premiums. I have no idea what to expect. Stern customer support has always been great to me, but I don't know their process or even what I'm entitled to ask for. We have also never really disagreed on anything, so I wouldn't be prepared for a scenario where we may.
I trust my dealer. An excellent local store owner that I trust and who has tons of history with Stern. I'm going to ask him his thoughts on it before making any decisions.

I've had experience with Stern customer support and it has all been positive. You just need to decide what is an acceptable outcome for you and push for that.

This is a very clear cut case so you can and should expect the response to be the same.

100% do not accept anything less than a full populated PF swap.

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The question is do Stern actually have any playfields that are 100% without defects? Yes some might be okay at this minute but I wouldn’t like to put money on it that they are going to stay that way, which is why I pulled my money from JPLE.

Yeh, that is a concern.

I am thinking of doing the same, but the only thing stopping me is my dealer and Stern have ALWAYS looked after me in the past.

But in this case Im debating whether I could be bothered going through the hassle. If the game wasn't looking so good I wouldn't.

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

My uneducated guess is that there was a screw that holds the apron in place very near that spot. That when they were installing the apron, the screw was dragged through the wet clear and scratched the paint. Looking at that, the scrape is quite close to the apron and I don't see how a ball might do that -further reinforcing the idea that it was done while in the factory.
I don't think that paint "flakes" through clearcoat, causing it to become "torn" like you've shown in the photos.

I looked through the Jurassic manual but couldnt find any photo showing the apron or where the screws are located.
If any Pinsider with a JPLE wants to remove the apron to check, that might be helpful in understanding the root cause of this.

Unlike the following opinion, of these being "ticking time bombs" where the art and clear start lifting, I expect it was a factory screw-up.

Quoted from J85M:

Unfortunately I don’t think hawkmoon77 had issues right away, hope yours is fine but these seem to be a ticking time bomb until the art and clear starts lifting, I’m not confident Elvira3 won’t have issues with the ball continually firing out of that elevated kicker.

Don't be shy about bringing this to both your Distributors attention and to Stern, if your distributor doesnt support you. You can even call Stern directly to explain what you've found, then send them pics. I've always found them super helpful and great to deal with.
I would expect that ESPECIALLY if it's thought that this was an error caused before the pin left the factory and was caused by an employee while being put together, that Stern might consider that eligible for their "case by case" support.

Fingers are crossed for ya!

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I've had experience with Stern customer support and it has all been positive.

100% do not accept anything less than a full populated PF swap.

Same here I’ve always had great end results dealing with Stern they where fantastic when it came to swapping my BM66LE playfield and even went above and beyond to ensure I was happy at the end of it all.

The issue here now is spending £10k with a known defect compared to my BM66 which was a production error/assembly mistake. At 10k I expect a quality product not one shipping out the door with known production issues.

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Don't be shy about bringing this to both your Distributors attention and to Stern, if your distributor doesnt support you. You can even call Stern directly to explain what you've found, then send them pics. I've always found them super helpful and great to deal with.
I would expect that ESPECIALLY if it's thought that this was an error caused before the pin left the factory and was caused by an employee while being put together, that Stern might consider that eligible for their "case by case" support.

Read post above! Had great support from Stern in the past but at these prices I expect a product without defects.

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

My uneducated guess is that there was a screw that holds the apron in place very near that spot. That when they were installing the apron, the screw was dragged through the wet clear and scratched the paint. Looking at that, the scrape is quite close to the apron and I don't see how a ball might do that -further reinforcing the idea that it was done while in the factory.
I don't think that paint "flakes" through clearcoat, causing it to become "torn" like you've shown in the photos.
I looked through the Jurassic manual but couldnt find any photo showing the apron or where the screws are located.
If any Pinsider with a JPLE wants to remove the apron to check, that might be helpful in understanding the root cause of this.
Unlike the following opinion, of these being "ticking time bombs" where the art and clear start lifting, I expect it was a factory screw-up.

Thank you. I have been keeping Stern in the loop and will notify my local distributer. He's a great guy with tons of history with stern and I fully trust him.

Stern is already aware of the missing parts, mysterious washers showing up on the playfield, and everything else. I agree it is a weird anomaly. I can't imagine why it would wrinkle and then harden in a wrinkled shape unless they were installing parts on undried paint (but why would anyone do that?)

Anyway, I'll see what they say and move forward. I'm sure in a month or so I'll have a great game that plays fantastic and I will no longer care about the hassle it took to get there.

#800 4 years ago

Has anyone come up with a fix for adjusting the trex so it actually catches the ball? I’m struggling big time. Any help is appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/16?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.