(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 185.
#8201 2 years ago

All you guys rock! Thanks for verifying that perhaps the JP lower playfield 'could' use some extra lighting. And for helping to identify some of my extra lighting options.

#8202 2 years ago

I am confused about something regarding the helipad that maybe someone can help me with... Let me see if I can make this clear enough that someone can understand.

Problem: The helipad shot is not registering when hit after I set the trap.
Additional Information:
- The helipad shot microswitch and copter 'seem' to be working. Spinning the copter results in the copter noise.
- Pressing the microswitch makes a noise and will perform a rescue or any other shot to that lane, just not the the shot to capture after the trap has been set.

Question: Am I missing a sensor here? Isn't the microswitch used to perform the final dino capture? If so I guess I will do a full software reinstall as I cant imagine what mechanical or electrical issue it would be given the above behavior. Thanks for any insight.

#8203 2 years ago

For anyone ordering Pinstadium lighting, be sure use coupon code BUFFALO (for Buffalo Pinball) and get 10% off. I've used this code twice over the last couple of years and it still works.

#8204 2 years ago
Quoted from Rhombus:

I am confused about something regarding the helipad that maybe someone can help me with... Let me see if I can make this clear enough that someone can understand.
Additional Information:
- The helipad shot microswitch and copter 'seem' to be working. Spinning the copter results in the copter noise.
- Pressing the microswitch makes a noise and will perform a rescue or any other shot to that lane, just not the the shot to capture after the trap has been set.
Question: Am I missing a sensor here? Isn't the microswitch used to perform the final dino capture? If so I guess I will do a full software reinstall as I cant imagine what mechanical or electrical issue it would be given the above behavior. Thanks for any insight.

The helipad only comes into play when on red and orange paddocks (the helipad light will be illuminated). Are you having this issue under these circumstances?

#8205 2 years ago
Quoted from Rhombus:

Additional Information:

Which paddock are you looking at? On the first paddock you don't have to hit the helipad to send the helicopter, all you have to do is hit a set trap target and then you're ready to catch the dinosaur. I think there are also some other times during the game the helicopter doesn't need to be sent. Any time the dinosaur insert is flashing yellow/gold the dinosaur is ready to be caught.

Also, if in doubt try taking the glass off and rolling by hand to activate switches to see if they’re registering correctly.

#8206 2 years ago

I've pulled off and thrown out several sets of pinstadiums off machines I've purchased. Cheap cinese made junk that gets in the way when lifting playfield.

#8207 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I've pulled off and thrown out several sets of pinstadiums off machines I've purchased. Cheap cinese made junk that gets in the way when lifting playfield.

Until there’s a better option I’ll put them on my pins. They don’t get in the way of me lifting the playfield. Detach from magnet strip and go.

#8208 2 years ago

I picked up a premium this week and am really enjoying it. It is my first modern game. and I am wondering when the up post catches the ball in the “C” shot, the post drops and the ball goes right down the middle. Should this land on the left flipper? Right flipper tip? I will try and adjust the lane guide perhaps but wanted to know where to direct the ball.

2277CDDE-674C-4BBA-8295-F2304DE8BBBC (resized).jpeg2277CDDE-674C-4BBA-8295-F2304DE8BBBC (resized).jpeg
#8209 2 years ago
Quoted from BenB:

I picked up a premium this week and am really enjoying it. It is my first modern game. and I am wondering when the up post catches the ball in the “C” shot, the post drops and the ball goes right down the middle. Should this land on the left flipper? Right flipper tip? I will try and adjust the lane guide perhaps but wanted to know where to direct the ball.
[quoted image]

Left flipper.

#8210 2 years ago

I looked at that post and I am trying to figure out where you put the led strip from the picture, but just not seeing it. Can you explain a bit more?

#8211 2 years ago

I agree this is one of very few games I have ever put backboard lighting in. I normally try to DIY, but sometimes it is just too easy and reasonably priced:

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/jurassic-park-pinball-led-strip-backboard-light

#8212 2 years ago
Quoted from BenB:

I picked up a premium this week and am really enjoying it. It is my first modern game. and I am wondering when the up post catches the ball in the “C” shot, the post drops and the ball goes right down the middle. Should this land on the left flipper? Right flipper tip?

Consistently to the left flipper on mine.

#8213 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Definitely not cheap junk....very well laid out and the app works well for a very adjustable system.,..

I have them on all 3 of my machines....no issues lifting the playfield on any of them

#8214 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The helipad only comes into play when on red and orange paddocks (the helipad light will be illuminated). Are you having this issue under these circumstances?

The helipad light is illuminated but my testing is on a green padock. This is strange. Thank for the reply, I guess I'll make certain of my conditions. I thought the helipad was active on all paddocks so maybe I'm just being stupid.

#8215 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Which paddock are you looking at? On the first paddock you don't have to hit the helipad to send the helicopter, all you have to do is hit a set trap target and then you're ready to catch the dinosaur. I think there are also some other times during the game the helicopter doesn't need to be sent. Any time the dinosaur insert is flashing yellow/gold the dinosaur is ready to be caught.
Also, if in doubt try taking the glass off and rolling by hand to activate switches to see if they’re registering correctly.

Thanks, I think I wasn't understanding how it's supposed to work, this helped.

#8216 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I looked at that post and I am trying to figure out where you put the led strip from the picture, but just not seeing it. Can you explain a bit more?

Here is the money shot for position. This shot is taken looking up from inside the cabinet with the player being towards the upper right of the photo (the back of the pin is towards the lower left of the photo). The LED strip is tucked just behind the board shown which acts both as a guide and as a light shield so the strip does not throw light towards the player.

Does this help?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8217 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Am sure I will see neg feedback.....but Pin Stadiums!! Have them on all my games...fully adjustable....

No question… game needs pinstadiums. I have them installed on a couple machines and this one really benefit from them.

#8218 2 years ago

Does anyone have the Lermods light kits and run them without Pin stadium added?
I don't play in a dark room so I'm hoping the Lermods kits will be enough for me. (My pin is still a couple of weeks away but from most of the pics I have seen they do look a bit dark)

Looking at getting the backboard light, trough light and glowing ramp.
That comes to $72 vs $350 for the Neo Pin stadium.

#8219 2 years ago

Joined the club last weekend, trying to dial this thing in. The shooter makes it up the ramp about 75% with both the auto and manual plunge. I added a washer under the left fork as mentioned in this thread and it helped a lot, I may be up to 90%. I also went to the standard strength spring for the manual plunger. I didn't notice much difference there, I will try the orange. I may have the game set a little too steep.

The 2nd issue is the right ramp shot bounces around sometimes and doesn't feed to the flipper. I took a video, let me know what you think is a possible solution. Again, I may try decreasing the pitch. I think it's about 6.9 right now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2atmo4ex72ft817/2021-10-24%2022.32.03.mp4?dl=0

#8220 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

No question… game needs pinstadiums. I have them installed on a couple machines and this one really benefit from them.

Half of my machines have PinStadiums, because half of my machines need them. Pretty ignorant not to consider their benefit (*when used correctly).

#8221 2 years ago

Yep, got it now. Thanks.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is the money shot for position. This shot is taken looking up from inside the cabinet with the player being towards the upper right of the photo (the back of the pin is towards the lower left of the photo). The LED strip is tucked just behind the board shown which acts both as a guide and as a light shield so the strip does not throw light towards the player.
Does this help?
[quoted image]

#8222 2 years ago

So after I sold my JP, I ended up with a few extra mod bits that I never got around to installing. I've got the Jada Jeep and also the Matchbox helicopter. I'll sell them both for my cost plus shipping to you.

Jeep is $35+Shipping and the Helicopter is $50+shipping. These were VERY hard to come by this late in the JP Mod game!

s-l140 (1) (resized).jpgs-l140 (1) (resized).jpgs-l140 (resized).jpgs-l140 (resized).jpg
#8223 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

So after I sold my JP, I ended up with a few extra mod bits that I never got around to installing. I've got the Jada Jeep and also the Matchbox helicopter. I'll sell them both for my cost plus shipping to you.
Jeep is $35+Shipping and the Helicopter is $50+shipping. These were VERY hard to come by this late in the JP Mod game![quoted image][quoted image]

Could you send me a closeup of the helicopter please? Thanks! Pm is fine if you don’t mind. Appreciate it.

#8224 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Could you send me a closeup of the helicopter please? Thanks! Pm is fine if you don’t mind. Appreciate it.

Sorry, all ready sold the helicopter, but the Jada Jeep is still available.

#8225 2 years ago

Hello everyone,
A new small illuminated mod for your Jurassic Park of Stern 2019. The Dilophosaurus. The famous scene where Nedry the computer scientist is eaten by this little dinosaur.
It was missing!
It is a mod connected to the GI (General Illumination). The poison thrown by the dino is thus enhanced.
For the purchase it's here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/05504-dilophosaurus

IMG_4385 (resized).JPGIMG_4385 (resized).JPGIMG_4384 (resized).JPGIMG_4384 (resized).JPGIMG_4386 (resized).JPGIMG_4386 (resized).JPGIMG_4387 (resized).JPGIMG_4387 (resized).JPG
#8226 2 years ago

My right pop bumper goes off by itself during gameplay. Is there a quick fix?

#8227 2 years ago
Quoted from FightCave:

Adjust the switch blade underneath the playfield,.
gap is too tight.

#8228 2 years ago
Quoted from FightCave:

Easy to fix. It's a spoon contact, and it's easy to access from underneath. Just raise the playfield, and look at the copper colored contact blades in the center. You'll likely see the blades too close together. Carefully spread them apart just a hint. Really, be careful not to spread them too far apart or you'll be kicking yourself. In general it is much easier to spread them to be LESS sensitive, than close them to be MORE sensitive, so open them ever so slightly at first and repeat if it still needs to be less senstive.

#8229 2 years ago

Curious if the shaker motor is a good upgrade on this game? Seems to be a good fit with Trex modes etc. I’ve had had my premium for a few weeks and love it so far!

#8230 2 years ago
Quoted from BenB:

Curious if the shaker motor is a good upgrade on this game? Seems to be a good fit with Trex modes etc. I’ve had had my premium for a few weeks and love it so far!

Yes, get it now!!!!! It is so tightly integrated into the code, you'll be shocked it's not standard! LOL

#8231 2 years ago

After 6 months (correction: a year), my personal best... 925,950,850

IMG_0473 (resized).jpgIMG_0473 (resized).jpg

#8232 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Yes, get it now!!!!! It is so tightly integrated into the code, you'll be shocked it's not standard! LOL

Ok so is that a yes then? Ha!

#8233 2 years ago
Quoted from BenB:

Ok so is that a yes then? Ha!

Yes, all of the dinosaur roars/crashes, plus various modes like T-Rex rampage and escape, the shaker motor simulates the rumble of footsteps.

#8234 2 years ago

Thank you guys! Problem resolved!

Quoted from Markharris2000:

Easy to fix. It's a spoon contact, and it's easy to access from underneath. Just raise the playfield, and look at the copper colored contact blades in the center. You'll likely see the blades too close together. Carefully spread them apart just a hint. Really, be careful not to spread them too far apart or you'll be kicking yourself. In general it is much easier to spread them to be LESS sensitive, than close them to be MORE sensitive, so open them ever so slightly at first and repeat if it still needs to be less senstive.

Quoted from Lermods:

Adjust the switch blade underneath the playfield,.
gap is too tight.

#8235 2 years ago

My 18 month old is obsessed with our JP Premium. He waits at the basement door to be taken down and then grabs his stool and brings it over so we can turn it on and he can watch us play. He just likes hitting the action button himself. It’s pretty nice because it has gotten my wife to play and now she is getting into it.

692968F0-C877-4B03-817A-888A8C311E4B (resized).jpeg692968F0-C877-4B03-817A-888A8C311E4B (resized).jpeg
#8236 2 years ago

Just an FYI on the jeep mod. The Jada jeep from Jurassic World 2015 comes both 1/43 & 1/32. I have both and they are each stamped as much on the bottom.
BUT, They are the exact same size. I don't know how this slipped through with them or the manufacture in China (self explanatory). They are made from the same dies.
So don't worry about not finding a 1/43 because it's the exact same as the readily available 1/32.

Sorry for the blur, used my phone.
end of the top line
2021-11-03 16.56.32.jpg2021-11-03 16.56.32.jpg2021-11-03 16.56.40.jpg2021-11-03 16.56.40.jpg2021-11-03 16.56.47.jpg2021-11-03 16.56.47.jpg

2021-11-03 17.16.05.jpg2021-11-03 17.16.05.jpg
#8237 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

My 18 month old is obsessed with our JP Premium. He waits at the basement door to be taken down and then grabs his stool and brings it over so we can turn it on and he can watch us play. He just likes hitting the action button himself. It’s pretty nice because it has gotten my wife to play and now she is getting into it.
[quoted image]

Maybe you should re-wire the action button to also activate both of the flippers and shoot the ball launcher!!! One button does everything!!!!!

#8238 2 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Just an FYI on the jeep mod. The Jada jeep from Jurassic World 2015 comes both 1/43 & 1/32. I have both and they are each stamped as much on the bottom.
BUT, They are the exact same size. I don't know how this slipped through with them or the manufacture in China (self explanatory). They are made from the same dies.
So don't worry about not finding a 1/43 because it's the exact same as the readily available 1/32.
Sorry for the blur, used my phone.
end of the top line[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had the same experience. And the JP18 Jeep (guessing that’s the labeled scale 1/32) has better details in paint, lights, front license plate, and the number is also more true to the movie.

#8239 2 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Thanks I just picked up a JP18 for a fair price

#8240 2 years ago

Just had my order confirmed for a Premium sometime first quarter 2022. Does anyone know when they are going on the line next? I had heard December originally based on the Stern schedule but I also heard that the Stern schedule has been thrown out of the window!

Looking forward to this one.

#8241 2 years ago

With recurring frequency, during multi ball, a ball gets locked in the raptor pen and the rod and gate goes up to hold the ball while the other balls are played. Problem is, the ball doesn’t appear to being recognized in the pen, and after the others drain the pin goes into ball search. It ultimately is unable to release the ball and kills that ball in play, starting the next number ball, or ending the game. The raptor pen, gate, and rod lock appears to be operating correctly during normal play with one ball. The issue only occurs during any mode of multi ball when a random ball goes into the open pen. Could it be the optos? Thanks for any info!

D7F34320-25ED-4E97-92F1-9ECEF7748AE5 (resized).jpegD7F34320-25ED-4E97-92F1-9ECEF7748AE5 (resized).jpeg
#8242 2 years ago

A little Friday humor:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8243 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Just had my order confirmed for a Premium sometime first quarter 2022. Does anyone know when they are going on the line next? I had heard December originally based on the Stern schedule but I also heard that the Stern schedule has been thrown out of the window!

I second this question. Don't have an order for one, but considering selling Indiana Jones to fund it around Christmas.

#8244 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I second this question. Don't have an order for one, but considering selling Indiana Jones to fund it around Christmas.

I have heard it is scheduled for January

#8245 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

A little Friday humor:[quoted image]

Hehe

#8246 2 years ago

Haven't seen this one before. That left ramp can be kind of "bouncy" sometimes. The ball just bounced right out of it and got stuck there.

PXL_20211105_174735311_sm (resized).jpgPXL_20211105_174735311_sm (resized).jpg
#8247 2 years ago

Does anyone else continue to have occasional rejects from the horseshoe ramp on an auto plunge? I tried bending the auto plunge fork so they meet the ball the same. I messed with the power (what do people find works best here?) I tried the washers under the left fork, one didn't seem to do anything and two raised the metal higher than the wood and I thought that might end up chipping the balls? All these attempts and I still get the occasional reject which generally head SDTM

I took a video and basically the ball isnt even getting to the ramp, it fall out to the left before it even gets to the ramp. Machine is level. I'm guessing it might just be about getting the right power setting as a manual plunge makes it every time.

Edit: seem to have found the sweet spot, don’t think I was upping the power anywhere near enough. In case it helps anyone else I’m at 220 at 7 degrees. Seems 100% atm!

#8248 2 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

With recurring frequency, during multi ball, a ball gets locked in the raptor pen and the rod and gate goes up to hold the ball while the other balls are played. Problem is, the ball doesn’t appear to being recognized in the pen, and after the others drain the pin goes into ball search. It ultimately is unable to release the ball and kills that ball in play, starting the next number ball, or ending the game. The raptor pen, gate, and rod lock appears to be operating correctly during normal play with one ball. The issue only occurs during any mode of multi ball when a random ball goes into the open pen. Could it be the optos? Thanks for any info!
[quoted image]

Responded to your post in the other JP thread

#8249 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I've had a deposit down for a Premium for a few months. Was expecting in December originally and then was told it was likely 2022, then I heard even as late as April 2022. But then on Monday I got my invoice for the remaining amount, shipping notice the next day, and supposed to arrive today. A few others have posted the same in the other JP thread so they had some small run of premiums recently I guess. Point is, I don't think anyone knows what their schedule is - best you can do is get in line and wait and hope it comes early.

#8250 2 years ago

Well this guy rolling around in the middle of my playfield..... I cant see anywhere its missing from.... ideas....????

screw (resized).jpgscrew (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/165?hl=benb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.