(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 185.
#8001 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Simple, loosen the screw under those guide rails...clean up if necessary...insert small fiber washer with a small slit to get it around post, that way you don't have to remove rail too high...or remove rail and put PETG or small metal washer in place...it will continue to wear down and chip if you don't correct...Little stuff like this is pinball now a days..The distro who told you this will void your warranty is wrong. Get a new Distro asap

Great tip and explanation. Re guide wear, I've seen guide wear since the start of time. Had it even on a t2 that was routed but I purchased about 3 years from nib. So this is not necessarily a stern thing. Same like pooling and ghosting. Bally Williams had it in the 90s. The only difference is operators didn't care.

#8002 2 years ago

So now that Stern is adding the QR code reader to all pins, so now will need a new code update. So will this render the custom video mod done for the game? I was going to trade my MBr SE for a JP premium for the December run.

Man I dodged the bullet when I received a Guardians pro this month with 1.06 code with March 17,2021 build date. I was able to use clelands code thankfully. I really want to use the movie mod for JP.

Freaking sucks. Plus the $1000 price increase on top of it.

#8003 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So now that Stern is adding the QR code reader to all pins, so now will need a new code update. So will this render the custom video mod done for the game? I was going to trade my MBr SE for a JP premium for the December run.
Man I dodged the bullet when I received a Guardians pro this month with 1.06 code with March 17,2021 build date. I was able to use clelands code thankfully. I really want to use the movie mod for JP.

Seems likely that the custom code would need to be reworked, assuming there's nothing in the new code that would prevent it. But yeah... Don't buy it assuming you can use the movie code.

#8004 2 years ago

So now that Stern is adding the QR code reader to all pins, so now will need a new code update. So will this render the custom video mod done for the game? I was going to trade my MBr SE for a JP premium for the the December run.

Did the JP go up 1000 ? How does it work once you give a deposit,can they still raise the price? I assumed that the price quoted would be the price I pay regardless of any future price increases.

#8005 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Did the JP go up 1000 ? How does it work once you give a deposit,can they still raise the price? I assumed that the price quoted would be the price I pay regardless of any future price increases.

Yes they have and yes they can pass any unknown at the time of sale price changes on to the customer. They're not obligated to lose money on the sale because Stern upped their pricing. It's just up to you whether you still want it at the new pricing.

#8006 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yes they have and yes they can pass any unknown at the time of sale price changes on to the customer. They're not obligated to lose money on the sale because Stern upped their pricing. It's just up to you whether you still want it at the new pricing.

Wow that’s stupid!

#8007 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Did the JP go up 1000 ?

Pros are now $6599 and premiums are $8699

#8008 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Deposit only holds your spot with the distributor unfortunately. I had to pay the $500 increase for Elvira when I got it this year. They also increased the price on EHOH another $700 I believe. So at $9200 now. I paid $8500. It’s a joke they are jacking the prices this high so fast. Cash grab only. Don’t tell me production cost have gone up. Lumber is down and prices of other things are down also.

#8009 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Pros are now $6599 and premiums are $8699

1DFC8A3A-AC4D-40DC-A181-6B249B9DB32B (resized).png1DFC8A3A-AC4D-40DC-A181-6B249B9DB32B (resized).png
#8010 2 years ago

The prices people are paying for used pins have increased amazingly IMO. So I’m sure the manufacturers are jumping onto this trend too. I’m not liking it much considering I have want to buys out there LOL

#8011 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The prices people are paying for used pins have increased amazingly IMO. So I’m sure the manufacturers are jumping onto this trend too. I’m not liking it much considering I have want to buys out there LOL

I will keep the custom code and pass on this upgrade....

#8012 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I will keep the custom code and pass on this upgrade....

Who wouldn’t

#8013 2 years ago

Man I dodged the bullet when I received a Guardians pro this month with 1.06 code with March 17,2021 build date. I was able to use clelands code thankfully.

I am now on the fence too... I was going to pick up a NIB Guardians but don't want to be the guinea pig for seeing if Cleland code works, which it probably won't... Probably just pass on the game now

#8014 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

What a bunch of slimy bastards! I'm gonna have to think this over a bit. Now I'm not sure if I'm going through with this purchase or not?

#8015 2 years ago

Deposit only holds your spot with the distributor unfortunately. I had to pay the $500 increase for Elvira when I got it this year. They also increased the price on EHOH another $700 I believe. So at $9200 now. I paid $8500. It’s a joke they are jacking the prices this high so fast. Cash grab only. Don’t tell me production cost have gone up. Lumber is down and prices of other things are down also.

That’s pretty shady business practices. When I buy a game, my distro sends me an invoice with the total amount. I either pay a deposit or I pay in full. They don’t come back to me when the game is about to ship and say sorry, we added $x dollars to your invoice. Maybe it’s different for games not in production, but if that’s the case, people should not be asked for deposits unless or until the price is firm.

On your point re prices of materials, they have not gone down, hardly, almost everything is rising, including the cost of labor. Lumber dropping is pretty meaningless. Wire, electronics including chips, even things like a shooter rod, all are in shorter supply and/or have seen price increases. While nobody likes price increases, it’s inevitable right now and stern has little choice. It’s already pretty clear they can’t keep up with demand.

#8016 2 years ago

New prices for now on folks. Bunch of crap.

A719DFFD-3F09-447D-ACD0-889665114C51 (resized).pngA719DFFD-3F09-447D-ACD0-889665114C51 (resized).pngB2171D64-407B-47B5-B317-EA34EAF8FD16 (resized).jpegB2171D64-407B-47B5-B317-EA34EAF8FD16 (resized).jpeg
#8017 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I am now on the fence too... I was going to pick up a NIB Guardians but don't want to be the guinea pig for seeing if Cleland code works, which it probably won't... Probably just pass on the game now

Until pinball browser is updated and clelands code is I would pass and wait. Clelands code is a must have IMO. And for me so is the movie code update for JP. I am supposed to trade my MBr SE for a JP premium December run. But I am rethinking that. Probably go towards Godzilla instead and that will be my last NIB purchase. Used from there.

#8018 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

What a bunch of slimy bastards! I'm gonna have to think this over a bit. Now I'm not sure if I'm going through with this purchase or not?

Good news ,my distributor said the price I was quoted,is still good.

#8019 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I wonder if these dealers are the places that were cashing in on the Mando LE's and just moved the mark ups to desirable lower trim now and everyone is just blaming Stern. Remember there just suggested prices. Move on to the next dealer for now..problem is it's a copy cat world and if dealer "B" sees Dealer "A" and the used market they're eventually gona want a piece

#8020 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

PA… so…please tell me it’s cointaker….

#8021 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Your lucky. Hopefully nothing changes and stern doesn’t charge the distributor more money and then not pass the extra cost to you. Stern increases the MSRP you know they will charge the distributor more also.

#8022 2 years ago

Finally joined the club a couple weeks ago! Originally wanted a pro back in Aug. 2020 and was told the wait would be 3 months and I didn't want to wait, so I bought a TMNT pro. Lost interest in TMNT after a few months and sold it and decided to get a JP Prem in April 2021. The delivery date was pushed back over and over again until my distributor found one available NIB and delivered two weeks ago!

Love the game so far. Only played the pro in the past and was surprised how much the Premium additions added to the game. The T-Rex has to be the most impressive animatronic ever, imho.

#8023 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Love the game so far. Only played the pro in the past and was surprised how much the Premium additions added to the game. The T-Rex has to be the most impressive animatronic ever, imho.

I totally agree. We just got our premium last week and my entire family LOVES it.

#8024 2 years ago

Same here, I unboxed my premium last week and can't stop playing it. So much to do and the toys and ramps are so fun and eye popping, it makes my XMLE look like a Dinosaur.

#8025 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Finally joined the club a couple weeks ago! Originally wanted a pro back in Aug. 2020 and was told the wait would be 3 months and I didn't want to wait, so I bought a TMNT pro. Lost interest in TMNT after a few months and sold it and decided to get a JP Prem in April 2021. The delivery date was pushed back over and over again until my distributor found one available NIB and delivered two weeks ago!

All that is true and then on top of it the raptor pen might add even more to the game play experience than the T-Rex! I think this is going to go down as Elwin's Picasso

#8026 2 years ago

Quick question, I hit the visitor's centre while I had double scoring on, and it ended up being my GC scoring game ultimately. Anyone know if 2x scoring applies to the VC countup? That would be pretty ridiculous.

#8027 2 years ago

Hi . Short question could this on the picture get worse or is it ok so ? This thing at the turn insert I mean . Was from the factory like this .
And the more important question for me : does anyone had the same issue with the T. rex . Mine doesn’t move anymore and just does a loud noise . I wanted to add a video here but doesn’t seem to work ? Sorry for the many question of me ‍♂️

E2954E4B-2FA0-4F7A-ADC0-F88523ACFC6C (resized).jpegE2954E4B-2FA0-4F7A-ADC0-F88523ACFC6C (resized).jpeg
#8028 2 years ago

My tower opto stopped working after only like 6 months. Any ideas?

#8029 2 years ago

EDIT:found a handle for the allen key and that made it much easier.

noob question. I'm trying to adjust my left flipper. Its currently centered on the hole and I want it down slightly to make the right side shots a little easier. I'm sure I've got the right nut but just to check I've added a photo. I can't move it 1mm, it wont budge at all, to the point the allen key is bending. Any suggestions on how to get it to move easier? thanks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8030 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

EDIT:found a handle for the allen key and that made it much easier.
noob question. I'm trying to adjust my left flipper. Its currently centered on the hole and I want it down slightly to make the right side shots a little easier. I'm sure I've got the right nut but just to check I've added a photo. I can't move it 1mm, it wont budge at all, to the point the allen key is bending. Any suggestions on how to get it to move easier? thanks
[quoted image]

Lefty loosie and push harder. A ratchet and an Allen socket work better than an Allen wrench with as hard as they tighten them on the line to ensure the bats don't slip.

#8031 2 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

My tower opto stopped working after only like 6 months. Any ideas?

Answered in the other thread

#8032 2 years ago

In everyones opinion, what is the best Underglow/Under Light kit for this pinball machine? Is there a kit to go with that might interact with the game (shaker/sound) in some form? Or should I just get some LED strips from amazon? Thanks in advance!

#8033 2 years ago
Quoted from R_O_S_S:

In everyone's opinion, what is the best Underglow/Under Light kit for this pinball machine? Is there a kit to go with that might interact with the game (shaker/sound) in some form? Or should I just get some LED strips from amazon? Thanks in advance!

The best Light kit for various Pinballs is Pinstadium. In particular for the JP the owner recommended that I buy simply the "Neo Pinstadium". The game has enough of a light show you don't really need more to accentuate it; however playing with Pinstadium vs not is night and day difference.

#8034 2 years ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

The best Light kit for various Pinballs is Pinstadium. In particular for the JP the owner recommended that I buy simply the "Neo Pinstadium". The game has enough of a light show you don't really need more to accentuate it; however playing with Pinstadium vs not is night and day difference.

He's talking about underneath the cabinet.

#8035 2 years ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Quick question, I hit the visitor's centre while I had double scoring on, and it ended up being my GC scoring game ultimately. Anyone know if 2x scoring applies to the VC countup? That would be pretty ridiculous.

It doesn't, sorry.

#8036 2 years ago

If I can freely move the T-Rex by hand, left and right with no resistance, does that mean the gears are stripped?

#8037 2 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

If I can freely move the T-Rex by hand, left and right with no resistance, does that mean the gears are stripped?

Sounds like it. You should feel some resistance I would imagine. I don’t own the game but as a car guy you would think you would.

#8038 2 years ago

When the T-Rex was in the game I couldn't move it. When I took it out to install the Lior T-Rex it was moving freely, so I assumed it was stripped. However, I put it back in the game and it works fine. Thanks for the reply.

#8039 2 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

When the T-Rex was in the game I couldn't move it. When I took it out to install the Lior T-Rex it was moving freely, so I assumed it was stripped. However, I put it back in the game and it works fine. Thanks for the reply.

I can move my T-Rex left and right by hand with the game off easily, but not up and down. Works perfectly with game on. I think side to side free motion is normal when game is off.

#8040 2 years ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I beg to differ.

#8041 2 years ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I beg to agree.

#8042 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I beg to agree.

Same here....have them on all 3 of my games!

#8043 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I beg to agree.

Less light. Always a strong argument.

#8044 2 years ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I have removed and thrown away 3 sets of pin stadium garbage since they have been putting out their made in china, overpriced and obnoxious product. The owner enjoys spamming the forums on a daily basis with his trashy product, I will tell everyone my opinion and why I throw them away when they come on my machines.

#8045 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I have removed and thrown away 3 sets of pin stadium garbage since they have been putting out their made in china, overpriced and obnoxious product. The owner enjoys spamming the forums on a daily basis with his trashy product, I will tell everyone my opinion and why I throw them away when they come on my machines.

Fair enough.

I have some on a few dark as f#$% machines but wouldn't want them on everything for sure. I like the ability to adjust color temp and brightness to something adequate but not too bright. I do think they are way overpriced but that doesn't affect how they work.

So do tell us. Why do you throw them away? What is it about them you dislike so much? You can't complain about price since you didn't pay for them. BTW the douchy spamming of Pinside doesn't count and has nothing to do with how the lights work. I hate the constant spamming as well. What's wrong with the product itself? Just curious.

BTW I probably sound like a fanboy or whatever but I sure as hell ain't. Just wondering what I missed.

#8046 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Next time you want to throw money away please let me know first

#8047 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Next time you want to throw money away please let me know first

You wouldn't want it, even for free. When's the last time you played pinball wearing sunglasses?

#8048 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You wouldn't want it, even for free. When's the last time you played pinball wearing sunglasses?

I wear sunglasses when I play, not because I own pin stadiums but because I’m that cool!

#8049 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ahh here we go. Complaining by someone that’s never actually OWNED pinstadiums and knows nothing about how they work. Your opinion is based on what exactly?

Knock offs may not have brightness adjustments but the real deal does. I think mine are set at about 10% brightness. They are certainly not any brighter than my games that do not have PS, but it evens out the pf and prevents dark areas. On woz(2.0 lighting) it actually makes the game playable. I use spots if I can(Roadshow was good) but sometimes it just isn’t enough - like my STTNG and WOZ.

I neither love nor hate pinstadiums. They serve a purpose on those games where I have them. However I hate seeing ppl spewing bs and misinformation.

Now let's drop this and get back to the thread subject and talk about JP. I got to VC on ball 2 a few days ago but the surprise was that I successfully completed raptors in the kitchen for the first time. Too bad I couldn't do the same with Museum Mayhem and Control Room. Didn't even get them started

In all honesty after 2 years of ownership I haven't even seen Museum Mayhem yet. lol. My truck bearing was crap and I was having a hard time flipping it around. I replaced it with the metal one a few weeks ago but never think of just playing TREX. I always go for VC with perfect paddocks. I only started KOTI for the first time about a month ago. I always avoid the TREX and Spino paddocks.

#8050 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I always go for VC with perfect paddocks. I only started KOTI for the first time about a month ago. I always avoid the TREX and Spino paddocks.

I used to play the same way up until a few weeks ago. Then other than starting the first paddock to the left, I started focusing on going for T-Rex modes. It's been fun and I've found that I end up completing a lot of paddocks and getting to VC on a good game anyway because the shots in the T-Rex modes end up doing a lot of paddock work also.

I also started going more for T-Rex and Spino paddocks after having always avoided them. I try to bring a MB to one or both of them as well as a tranquilizer. It's been a lot of fun. I think I had only played KOTI once or twice in two years and now I've played it a few times in the past couple weeks. I can't see myself ever completing KOTI though. Pretty cool mode rules but also seems really tough to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/161?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.