(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 185.
#7801 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep it’s setup as JMCFAN describes on the bottom with a screw and washer going into the post. Here’s a pic of the top side setup. I tried to get a picture underneath too but it didn’t turn out very well. I’m posting it anyway though in case it helps.
[quoted image][quoted image]

great, thank you! Need to find the screw and washer to make sure they don't damaged anything else, even if they are not reusable. It has been an interesting first 2 weeks of ownership, having minor issues like this and working them out

#7802 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

great, thank you! Need to find the screw and washer to make sure they don't damaged anything else, even if they are not reusable. It has been an interesting first 2 weeks of ownership, having minor issues like this and working them out

I'm relatively new to the hobby as well but have found there's nothing like rolling up your sleeves and digging into your pins like you're doing. Found them a bit intimidating at first, but with help from these good Pinside folks and getting your hands dirty you get comfortable pretty quick.

#7803 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Lol, yeah screws and washers have a way of magically disappearing and reappearing sometimes. If you lift the playfield up and down and they don't show up there's a decent chance they've fallen into the bottom of the cabinet. If it's a new machine it's also possible they missed putting that bottom screw and washer on in assembly. Glad you're getting things worked out! It's a great game.

#7804 2 years ago

After a little hide and seek I found both the screw and other washer. Don't think I can reattach the bottom ones without taking the whole raptor pen out, which I think I will need to disconnect some wires to lift it out far enough. Time to take pictures and label things I think!

#7805 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

After a little hide and seek I found both the screw and other washer. Don't think I can reattach the bottom ones without taking the whole raptor pen out, which I think I will need to disconnect some wires to lift it out far enough. Time to take pictures and label things I think!

Instead of trying to screw it in the conventional way with a screwdriver from the bottom, is there a way to hold the screw head with your finger enough so you can turn the post onto it from the top just snug enough so it holds? It doesn't have to go on super tight, just enough so the screw won't fall out. The plastic won't go anywhere if it's a bit loose.

If you can hold the screw in through the bottom of the hole with either your finger or an offset screwdriver and turn the post onto the screw from the top side then you might not have to take it all apart.

https://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-2944-Offset-Screwdriver-3-Piece/dp/B000NYQU/ref=asc_df_B000NYQU/

#7806 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

More than likely they are in the cabinet.... they probaly are fine... just fell out...

Its fun..

Quoted from NoSkills:

Pictures work good!

#7807 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Instead of trying to screw it in the conventional way with a screwdriver from the bottom, is there a way to hold the screw head with your finger enough so you can turn the post onto it from the top just snug enough so it holds? It doesn't have to go on super tight, just enough so the screw won't fall out. The plastic won't go anywhere if it's a bit loose.
If you can hold the screw in through the bottom of the hole with either your finger or an offset screwdriver and turn the post onto the screw from the top side then you might not have to take it all apart.
amazon.com link »

That is a very good idea, thank you. Its too tight a spot to get a finger in, there's a small metal rail just below it that might make it too hard even with a offset screwdriver but I've ordered a smaller one as mines too deep to fit between the playfield and underside of the top raptor pit plastic. I tried to go in the other way but the rail and control room target are in the way that side. Hopefully I'll be able to wiggle it in there without dismantling it with the new screwdriver, I'm not sure because of the rail but worth a try.

#7808 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Are you referring to when T-Rex chews the ball - ie. she holds the ball in her mouth (held by the magnet) and open & closes her mouth a couple of times? As this is one of the sequences she'll do before she drops or throws the ball.

Correct. Someone mentioned the balls may have gotten magnetized which is something I’m going to check into later tonight. I hope it’s that simple

#7809 2 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

Correct. Someone mentioned the balls may have gotten magnetized which is something I’m going to check into later tonight. I hope it’s that simple

She's not supposed to drop the ball while chewing it. Or are you saying that she never lets it go?

#7810 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

She's not supposed to drop the ball while chewing it. Or are you saying that she never lets it go?

She never lets it go…basically I get a very long multiball with just one ball in play, drain, and wait for the ball search to have her then drop it to the side. Or, I can tilt and she will drop it.

#7812 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

That is a very good idea, thank you. Its too tight a spot to get a finger in, there's a small metal rail just below it that might make it too hard even with a offset screwdriver but I've ordered a smaller one as mines too deep to fit between the playfield and underside of the top raptor pit plastic. I tried to go in the other way but the rail and control room target are in the way that side. Hopefully I'll be able to wiggle it in there without dismantling it with the new screwdriver, I'm not sure because of the rail but worth a try.

Use a slim magnetic tool to hold the screw through the raptor pen. Should be able to use other hand to put post on it (first remove the post from the top side plastic and screw, and push plastic out of the way).

Something like this:
https://www.acehardware.com/departments/tools/hand-tools/pickup-tools/2114460

74983046-56B6-477C-A128-3853E03149A7 (resized).jpeg74983046-56B6-477C-A128-3853E03149A7 (resized).jpeg
#7813 2 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

She never lets it go…basically I get a very long multiball with just one ball in play, drain, and wait for the ball search to have her then drop it to the side. Or, I can tilt and she will drop it.

Have you contacted Stern or your distributor about this issue (as your machine is still under warranty), as they might be able to trackdown (or know) what the issue could be? Worth getting in touch with them

#7814 2 years ago

Yeah, JP is an awesome game, I like when the T-rex eats the ball.

#7815 2 years ago

There is a covid thread for this, not here. Plus, you're wrong.

#7816 2 years ago

Took a stab at making some electric fence supports to mount on top of raptor pit. Stab complete, now drinking wine…going to take a while.

Lots of work left to do, but wanted to shoot a couple pics out as they go. Much surface prep, fill, and some sort of stand-offs required to simulate insulators from movie. I may consider mounting to steel (with mylar bottom to prevent damage) extending the fences out further away slightly to give illusion of bigger fence area…

005F70E8-DB4A-4C88-B77A-FC800C15E227 (resized).jpeg005F70E8-DB4A-4C88-B77A-FC800C15E227 (resized).jpeg01377B1C-2C7D-4AA5-8DD3-9AB96AA4BBA6 (resized).jpeg01377B1C-2C7D-4AA5-8DD3-9AB96AA4BBA6 (resized).jpeg1EB3DD1D-4905-42D6-998A-F569E1ABE0E6 (resized).jpeg1EB3DD1D-4905-42D6-998A-F569E1ABE0E6 (resized).jpeg3034A8FA-8F09-44AA-A9C6-3356C8E7FA9C (resized).jpeg3034A8FA-8F09-44AA-A9C6-3356C8E7FA9C (resized).jpegB0C27343-191B-4BDE-8A13-81589FCDA17D (resized).jpegB0C27343-191B-4BDE-8A13-81589FCDA17D (resized).jpeg
#7817 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Took a stab at making some electric fence supports to mount on top of raptor pit. Stab complete, now drinking wine…going to take a while.
Lots of work left to do, but wanted to shoot a couple pics out as they go. Much surface prep, fill, and some sort of stand-offs required to simulate insulators from movie. I may consider mounting to steel (with mylar bottom to prevent damage) extending the fences out further away slightly to give illusion of bigger fence area…
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep that's pretty cool - what is the metal strip you are using, some type of window framing??

#7818 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yep that's pretty cool - what is the metal strip you are using, some type of window framing??

The home depot guy handed to me
I believe so yes. Thanks! Homedepot.com with that number should tell us what the hell it is. Cheers

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7819 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Aluminum window screen trim

#7820 2 years ago

Thanks for the help with my screw and washer coming loose on my raptor pit plastic. I ended up needing to use an offset screwdriver, but still couldn't quite get the angle to turn it into the hole so used the screwdriver from below and a slim magnetic tool from above to pull it through once it was close enough, then screwed the post back on the bottom screw and then the top screw. It was a bit fiddly but just about having the right tools and suggestions from here! Thanks so much for your instructions, saved me having to detached the whole thing from the playfield and disconnecting some wires

#7821 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Thanks for the help with my screw and washer coming loose on my raptor pit plastic. I ended up needing to use an offset screwdriver, but still couldn't quite get the angle to turn it into the hole so used the screwdriver from below and a slim magnetic tool from above to pull it through once it was close enough, then screwed the post back on the bottom screw and then the top screw. It was a bit fiddly but just about having the right tools and suggestions from here! Thanks so much for your instructions, saved me having to detached the whole thing from the playfield and disconnecting some wires

You have now been baptized... lol Glad you got it fixed

#7822 2 years ago

Wow, I just installed the best mod you can get for this game. It brings it up to a whole new level. I have been playing the shit out of it and just hit the smart target shit while in a TRex mode. Cool as shit. Damn I love this game.

#7823 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Wow, I just installed the best mod you can get for this game. It brings it up to a whole new level. I have been playing the shit out of it and just hit the smart target shit while in a TRex mode. Cool as shit. Damn I love this game.

Which mod do you feel is the best mod?

#7824 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Which mod do you feel is the best mod?

Sounds like he's talking about the software upgrade.

#7825 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sounds like he's talking about the software upgrade.

That's what I would vote for

#7826 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

There is a covid thread for this, not here. Plus, you're wrong.

the fact that I'm not scared does not mean that I'm wrong. I have no issue with your opinion and belief in the fear in this situation. I just don't share your opinion and fear. You are free to be fearful; I'd never begrudge you for any personal perspective.

best of luck to you!

Hog

#7827 2 years ago

Nevermind...I have plenty to say but don't want to help you derail this thread.

#7828 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Nevermind...I have plenty to say but don't want to help you derail this thread.

But can you tell me where to find the best sandwiches in Jersey?

#7829 2 years ago

Odd Trex behavior... I think...??

sent a email to my dist.. about 50% of the time.... get "TRex event"... he lines up perfect and I can feed him the ball.. and then... i get the same event.. and he is to the right...and if I shoot the ramp...ball lodges underneath him.. and I have to wait for ball find to get it released...??

#7830 2 years ago

Hi all - does anyone have dimensions for where to drill for LEDs for lighting up the shooter knob? I finally ordered a Modfather amber shooter rod (and one day after I did, got a mail from Marco specialties that the Stern ones that come as an assembly with the LEDs was now in stock again - sigh.) and want to add LEDs to the existing shooter plate. I want to know what angle (don't think that they should be perpendicular - more likely angled toward the shooter) to drill and what is the proper location to get good illumination. Anyone have experience and could make a sketch? Also if you have done this, did you paint the drilled hole barrel black or leave it shiny aluminum?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Richard

#7831 2 years ago
Quoted from rhampo:

Hi all - does anyone have dimensions for where to drill for LEDs for lighting up the shooter knob? I finally ordered a Modfather amber shooter rod (and one day after I did, got a mail from Marco specialties that the Stern ones that come as an assembly with the LEDs was now in stock again - sigh.) and want to add LEDs to the existing shooter plate. I want to know what angle (don't think that they should be perpendicular - more likely angled toward the shooter) to drill and what is the proper location to get good illumination. Anyone have experience and could make a sketch? Also if you have done this, did you paint the drilled hole barrel black or leave it shiny aluminum?
Thanks in advance!
Best Regards,
Richard

Get ahold of Mr_Tantrum and purchase one of his shooter plate 3D prints made for JP. He has the LED holes built into the print, so you should be able to locate the center of the two points to drill perfectly. Make sure you tell him you want the version of the plate with the LED holes, since it makes plates with and without the LED holes.

#7832 2 years ago
Quoted from rhampo:

got a mail from Marco specialties that the Stern ones that come as an assembly with the LEDs was now in stock again

Thanks for posting this!

#7833 2 years ago

No problem - here is the link for the stern illuminated amber shooter rod assembly.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7101-00

PS: I have no affiliation with any suppliers/stores.

Best Regards,
Richard

#7834 2 years ago
Quoted from rhampo:

Thanks in advance!
Best Regards,
Richard

Not sure if this might help. I have a stern amber shooter rod and bought a shooter plate from Tiltgraphics. The plate did not have holes for the LEDs so I drilled those myself. Hopefully the closeup picture helps you locate the spots. From what I can tell the holes for the LEDs on the stern base plate where perpendicular to the plate, which is already angled up a bit towards the knob, and the LEDs themselves where through the hole barrel attached to a wire, flush with the surface. So I’m not sure it matters to paint the hole barrel.

BD46C3BA-E4B3-4B06-A913-2A69F7BDDC2D (resized).pngBD46C3BA-E4B3-4B06-A913-2A69F7BDDC2D (resized).png
#7835 2 years ago

Hello all,

I was thinking about getting the Jurassic Park premium. Is it really that good of a pin and justify at the number 2 position on Pinsides top 100?

#7836 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hello all,
I was thinking about getting the Jurassic Park premium. Is it really that good of a pin and justify at the number 2 position on Pinsides top 100?

Of course we all like the game in this thread. You won't find objective opinions here.

#7837 2 years ago
Quoted from rhampo:

No problem - here is the link for the stern illuminated amber shooter rod assembly.

I went to site and grabbed one after your first post. Already got shipping confirmation. These will be gone before the end of the day I bet.

Thanks again!

#7838 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I went to site and grabbed one after your first post. Already got shipping confirmation. These will be gone before the end of the day I bet.
Thanks again!

Yup - I have been coveting one since I got my JPP last November. It will be my first mod. Get them while they last, has been more than 6 months since they were available.

Best Regards,
Richard

#7839 2 years ago

Hi all - another topic: my raptor dude got caught in the downward position on the top of the pen - so it didn't bob when it should. It seemed to be misaligned. I had to remove him, drill out his foot mounting holes so that I could rotate him to bob up and down in the center of the pen gap - and not get his hand caught on the edge.
Anyone else had this issue? It was a real pain to take the raptor off and reassemble, his feet are screwed with phillips from the bottom side of the acrylic plate. I needed a short offset screwdriver which I had to fabricate myself (phillips bit held in needle-nose vice-grip locking pliers). I have since bought a nice offset screwdriver from Amazon to add to my toolbox:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028DDD2Y

Again - no affiliation with any stores (but I admit I am a bit of an Amazon addict).

Best Regards,
Richard

#7840 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Not sure if this might help. I have a stern amber shooter rod and bought a shooter plate from Tiltgraphics. The plate did not have holes for the LEDs so I drilled those myself. Hopefully the closeup picture helps you locate the spots. From what I can tell the holes for the LEDs on the stern base plate where perpendicular to the plate, which is already angled up a bit towards the knob, and the LEDs themselves where through the hole barrel attached to a wire, flush with the surface. So I’m not sure it matters to paint the hole barrel. [quoted image]

Thanks RoadQueen for the close up picture - I can use that as a guide when I drill mine.

Best Regards,
Richard

#7841 2 years ago

I just checked Marco and they only have 2 of the shooter rods left.

#7842 2 years ago
Quoted from rhampo:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7101-00

Just ordered one as well. Thanks!

Note that this is $150 as opposed to the $180 that seems to be the current/new price on Stern's site and elsewhere (for when they come back in stock)...

Edit: I think I just got the last one. Sorry (not sorry/kinda sorry)!

#7843 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Just ordered one as well. Thanks!
Note that this is $150 as opposed to the $180 that seems to be the current/new price on Stern's site and elsewhere (for when they come back in stock)...
Edit: I think I just got the last one. Sorry (not sorry/kinda sorry)!

Ugh - I hate you. Had 9 items in my cart and it was sold out when I just finished shopping.

#7844 2 years ago

Any recommendations where I can get topper that’s not too over priced?

#7845 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Any recommendations where I can get topper that’s not too over priced?

That's a good one.

#7846 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ugh - I hate you. Had 9 items in my cart and it was sold out when I just finished shopping.

Modfather has the amber rod and it should be easy to add LEDs.
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter-stern

See the installation thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-pro-shooter-rod-installation-instructions#post-5818500

I'll report on my from-scratch LED install when I am finished.

Best Regards,
Richard

#7847 2 years ago
Quoted from rhampo:

Modfather has the amber rod and it should be easy to add LEDs.
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter-stern
See the installation thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-pro-shooter-rod-installation-instructions#post-5818500
I'll report on my from-scratch LED install when I am finished.
Best Regards,
Richard

Was hoping to just have a plug n play solution this time around as I am knee deep in projects right now. No worries though - hopefully they come back in stock. It was my fault for not buying it when I had the chance.

#7848 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Was hoping to just have a plug n play solution this time around as I am knee deep in projects right now. No worries though - hopefully they come back in stock. It was my fault for not buying it when I had the chance.

Call some authorized Stern distributors, as they typically have some on hand (got mine from Classic Game Rooms).

#7849 2 years ago

If you are drilling your own plate, I would either move the holes up a bit or aim them a little higher. I find the shooter to light the best when my hand is around it to deflect the light in and up.

#7850 2 years ago
Quoted from rhampo:

Hi all - another topic: my raptor dude got caught in the downward position on the top of the pen - so it didn't bob when it should. It seemed to be misaligned. I had to remove him, drill out his foot mounting holes so that I could rotate him to bob up and down in the center of the pen gap - and not get his hand caught on the edge.
Anyone else had this issue? It was a real pain to take the raptor off and reassemble, his feet are screwed with phillips from the bottom side of the acrylic plate. I needed a short offset screwdriver which I had to fabricate myself (phillips bit held in needle-nose vice-grip locking pliers). I have since bought a nice offset screwdriver from Amazon to add to my toolbox:
amazon.com link »
Again - no affiliation with any stores (but I admit I am a bit of an Amazon addict).
Best Regards,
Richard

Yes this is a common issue - either catching on one of her (all dinos in the park are female ) arms or the counterbalance weights. Rather than repositioning her like you've done most people tend to heat and bend the arm slightly to avoid be caught, but I like how you've solved it - well done!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/157 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.