(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 185.
#7701 2 years ago

I made my final payment to my distributer this week for a JP Premium and they told me just today that Stern has scheduled its next production run of JPP machines for the week of July 26th.

I sure hope so as I've had mine on order since May.

In the immortal words of Thomas Earl Petty, "The waiting is the hardest part."

#7702 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

T-Rex adjustments
The following procedure should be used to align the T-Rex for Jurassic Park games that are having problems with the T-Rex moving down onto the Left Ramp and contacting the sides of the ramp, which in turn forces the mouth of the T-Rex closed.
1) First check to see if the T-Rex is not aligned. To do this enter the DIAGNOSTICS MENU.
2) Navigate to GAME-SPECIFIC TESTS
3) Select the TREX HORIZONTAL MOTOR TEST
4) You should see the following message while the T-Rex performs the homing procedure. It will home the stepper motor and then perform a Left / Right / Center movement to recover any lost steps.
5) Once PLEASE WAIT: HOMING MOTORS is no longer visible observe the position of the T-Rex over the ramp. The T-Rex should be dead center above the ramp. If it strays to the left or right of the ramp there will need to be an adjustment made to the adjustment titled “T-REX STEPPER MIDDLE POSITION BIAS”
The following example is for a centered T-Rex that requires no adjustment.
The following example is for a mis-aligned T-Rex that needs the “T-REX STEPPER MIDDLE POSITION BIAS” adjusted in the positive direction.
The following example is for a mis-aligned T-Rex that needs the “T-REX STEPPER MIDDLE POSITION BIAS” adjusted in the negative direction.
6) In the operator menu navigate to Adjustments -> Feature Adjustments (Game) and navigate backwards (since these adjustments are closer to the end of the list than the beginning). Currently, in 0.95.0 software the adjustment number is #246 however this could change with subsequent code releases. Once you locate “T-REX STEPPER MIDDLE POSITION BIAS” you can now adjust the number in either the positive or negative direction based on the results from the alignment test you just ran. There is also a LEFT POS and RIGHT POS BIAS so take care to not adjust these. They have been included to allow adjustment of the LEFT and RIGHT position of the T-Rex if desired, but we have not seen a need to adjust these to anything but zero. These BIAS numbers are adjustable from -15 to +15. These BIAS numbers do not reset with a factory reset.
7) At this point, when you have made an adjustment to in the above step you should now re-run Step 1 – 6 again until you get the result that most closely matches a “Centered” T-Rex in the picture above.
8 ) With a centered T-Rex you can now proceed to the T-REX VERTICAL MOTOR TEST
9) When the T-REX VERTICAL MOTOR TEST is running it will run a homing procedure just as the horizontal motor test did. Wait until “Please Wait: HOMING MOTORS” no longer appears.
10) Press the “-“ MINUS button to move the T-Rex head down to the Ramp.
11) Observe the T-Rex head. The Head should be in between the ramp sides and not contacting the ramp on either side. Pressing the “START” or “MENU” button will open the jaw which should open freely and stay open. The bottom of the jaw may contact the ramp but just barely. If the jaw is not staying open and is just opening for a short time and not holding open you may have to mechanically adjust the T-Rex vertical motor so the head does not come down so far.
The following are pictures of the centered T-Rex in the “down” position with jaw closed / open.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So after my "new T rex head install" I decided to check... he looked off a little to the left ...adjusted and now I cant get him centered.. once I do...play a few balls...and check again... off... what am I doing wrong Before I messed with It I would occasionally get the "Feed Tex" but his head was way to the right... shoot the ramp and started multiball .... ideas... how can I just hit the "reset " button.

#7703 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

July 19th appears to be the start of a new GOTG run, so not sure where the JP run fits in their production schedule.

Someone on one of the pinball fb groups who seemed well informed said July 26th…

#7704 2 years ago

I hope this helps SOME of guys having trouble getting your trex positioned right. Try backing out the bolt that secures the backbox to the cabinet. When mine is all of the way in it hits the trex mech and the head will not go down far enough. I jacked and jacked with the settings with no luck. Then I realized what was going on and backed it out a couple threads and everything went right into place and I have never had an issue since.

#7705 2 years ago

Hi guys,

I just got myself a Premium a few days ago and last night I decided to change over the standard spinner truck to an upgraded one I had previously bought online. I foolishly decided to do this after many drinks....

Okay, so next day I noticed the truck now doesn't spin very well. I then found what I believe to be some spare parts left over from my previous night's efforts. I am not sure of the correct order of parts or if in fact I am missing anything to correctly re-install this back on the game and spinning nice and freely. Attached is a photo of what I have. I have checked the manual but it doesn't seem to show the info I need. I'm hoping someone can tell me if I am missing anything and the order for installation?

I remember I was quite proud of myself last night but now it is just regret.

Thanks for any help.

IMG_4913 (resized).JPGIMG_4913 (resized).JPG
#7706 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,
I just got myself a Premium a few days ago and last night I decided to change over the standard spinner truck to an upgraded one I had previously bought online. I foolishly decided to do this after many drinks....
Okay, so next day I noticed the truck now doesn't spin very well. I then found what I believe to be some spare parts left over from my previous night's efforts. I am not sure of the correct order of parts or if in fact I am missing anything to correctly re-install this back on the game and spinning nice and freely. Attached is a photo of what I have. I have checked the manual but it doesn't seem to show the info I need. I'm hoping someone can tell me if I am missing anything and the order for installation?
Thanks for any help.
[quoted image]

Topside | washer - bearing - washer
Bottom side | collar oriented so tab rotates between pairs of optos (collar should be a mm or so from completely snug against bottom of playfield to allow for smooth shaft rotation).

#7707 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Someone on one of the pinball fb groups who seemed well informed said July 26th…

Possible there is a date that PRODUCTION starts, and date perhaps a week later that SHIPPING starts. I am guessing it takes a week to build machines from start to finish. If so, then both of those dates make sense. July 19th was the date I was told PRODUCTION starts.

#7708 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,
Thanks for any help.
[quoted image]

I found the stock thrust bearing sucks after sometime so i ordered these (below) and replace the nylon bearing with a metal construction and added just a dab of silcone with teflon lube (Autozone etc has it) to the bearing and washers (which are one way directional as you can see with the groove, groove side to the ball bearings) and now it spins freely. Just a thought down the road if you decide, takes all of 10 minutes to do.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QLWRTBN
61mGecDzVDL._SL1100_ (resized).jpg61mGecDzVDL._SL1100_ (resized).jpg61oc3s9KiGL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg61oc3s9KiGL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#7709 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I found the stock thrust bearing sucks after sometime so i ordered these (below) and replace the nylon bearing with a metal construction and added just a dab of silcone with teflon lube (Autozone etc has it) to the bearing and washers (which are one way directional as you can see with the groove, groove side to the ball bearings) and now it spins freely. Just a thought down the road if you decide, takes all of 10 minutes to do.
amazon.com link »

Nice find. Just to confirm, it's the F7-15M (7x15x5mm) set?

#7710 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes 7mm inner diameter and 15mm outer diameter. Actually Markharris found them, I just followed his info along with the suggested lube spray from another and it works really well. Just a drop of lube, don't saturate them. Then even shoot some lube on a paper tower or napkin and wipe it on the Jeeps shaft as well, keeps it moving nicely in that nylon bushing.

#7711 2 years ago
Quoted from Flasher:

I hope this helps SOME of guys having trouble getting your trex positioned right. Try backing out the bolt that secures the backbox to the cabinet. When mine is all of the way in it hits the trex mech and the head will not go down far enough. I jacked and jacked with the settings with no luck. Then I realized what was going on and backed it out a couple threads and everything went right into place and I have never had an issue since.

Boy I don't see any bolt that would be contacting the Trex mech at all ???

#7712 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

yes, these are AMAZING!!!!! I had the issue with my Jeep being installed too tightly against the playfield, and in the process of fixing the issue, I found these. I got a pack from AMZ and another from China. Maybe $1 a piece for the ones from China, and just under $2 each for the ones from AMZ. For whatever reason, Stern went with the lowest quality version of a thrust bearing, probably because of the light weight of the Jeep and what they perceived was a lower cost. That said, I looked at the application of this bearing and realized that we hit the Jeep a thousand times a week, so perhaps a plastic bearing wasn't the best choice!!!!!! The F7-15M is the metal version, and the MATCHING washers are made to directly mate with the bearings by having rescessed channels where the bearings actually touch. This channeled washer lengthens the life of the bearing 'sandwich' by distributing the load over a wider area, not just on a single point. The balls stay round, longer.

Long story short: The F7-15M is the thrust bearing Stern should have used in the first place. The plastic version should have been used ONLY on the prototype machine back in Chicago, before real production began!

Added over 3 years ago:

Update: Just getting ready to swap in a set of F7-13M parts, I had ordered from china. These have the same center hole diameter, but have a 13mm outer diameter (instead of 15mm), which will reduce the visibility of the ring. This is down to nits, but the parts finally arrived, so worth the swap. Will report more soon.

F7-13M

#7713 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yes 7mm inner diameter and 15mm outer diameter. Actually Markharris found them, I just followed his info along with the suggested lube spray from another and it works really well. Just a drop of lube, don't saturate them. Then even shoot some lube on a paper tower or napkin and wipe it on the Jeeps shaft as well, keeps it moving nicely in that nylon bushing.

Mine currently works fine....but I am ordering to have on hand. Thanks!

#7714 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Boy I don't see any bolt that would be contacting the Trex mech at all ???

Experimenting today..

If I slide the playfield out...and do horizontal test... he homes dead center. Slide the playfield in and repeat...off to the left... ???? Ideas....

#7715 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Same with me. Just like a have a replacement set of coil stops ready to go when the time comes.

#7716 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Ordered a set as well. Thanks for the suggestion. Amazon must be wondering why there's a sudden surge in thrust ball bearing sales today!?

#7717 2 years ago

Hey guys, has there been any strides yet to implement Co-Operative team play that anyone is aware of? That would just sky rocket this games (already) fun factor.

#7718 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Experimenting today..
If I slide the playfield out...and do horizontal test... he homes dead center. Slide the playfield in and repeat...off to the left... ???? Ideas....

Make sure the TRex isn’t binding up on the cable bundle.

#7719 2 years ago
Quoted from Occelot:

Hey guys, has there been any strides yet to implement Co-Operative team play that anyone is aware of? That would just sky rocket this games (already) fun factor.

Almost a year ago Keith implied a desire/wish to have co-op mode on JP2 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/126#post-5790122) but not aware of anything further than that - certainly would be awesome to have both co-op and teams mode.

Has Stern done a game with co-op and teams mode?

#7720 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Almost a year ago Keith implied a desire/wish to have co-op mode on JP2 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/126#post-5790122) but not aware of anything further than that - certainly would be awesome to have both co-op and teams mode.
Has Stern done a game with co-op and teams mode?

I think Mando has both ?? I don’t own it so can’t be sure.

#7721 2 years ago

Did anyone use spacers when installing the Jada jeep? If so, what size/type?

#7723 2 years ago

OK. In that post he says "You want the metal plate to be parallel to the bottom of the Jeep instead of slanting towards the front. Ideally you would use spacers on the front (I didn't have any, but will probably retrofit them later)."

But it's not necessary?

#7724 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

OK. In that post he says "You want the metal plate to be parallel to the bottom of the Jeep instead of slanting towards the front. Ideally you would use spacers on the front (I didn't have any, but will probably retrofit them later)."
But it's not necessary?

I didnt on mine...works flawlessly Someone else may chime in..

#7725 2 years ago

Thanks Wizardmod, finally got some side art in that I like.

IMG_2802 (resized).jpegIMG_2802 (resized).jpegIMG_2808 (resized).jpegIMG_2808 (resized).jpeg
#7728 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

LOL already sent it to him.... go to!

Oops, I overlooked that.

#7729 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oops, I overlooked that.

I always send folks your way!! LOL

#7730 2 years ago

Finally joined the club!

*help request no longer required - found loose connector*

#7731 2 years ago

I've been in the club for a week now and have learned a lot and made a lot of tweaks and fixes going through this thread searching and looking at pictures. Thanks to all who have posted tips.

Ever since seeing this game when it first came out, something about the silver screws and washers on the slingshot plastics bothered me. Why is T-Rex eating a chrome screw? I know it's a little silly, but I couldn't wait to replace these screws with black hardware. I went ahead and eliminated the washers and was careful not to tighten beyond just barely snug. Looking at it now, it doesn't seem so silly. It made a bigger difference than I expected. I also, did the lock nut in black. I found these cheap on Amazon a while back and they would probably look good on a lot of games.

20210718_110339 (resized).jpg20210718_110339 (resized).jpg20210718_110351 (resized).jpg20210718_110351 (resized).jpg
#7732 2 years ago

My Raptor has fallen and cant get up....lol

Keeps getting his right arm stuck in the cage area.... anyone else....??? ideas...

#7733 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

My Raptor has fallen and cant get up....lol
Keeps getting his right arm stuck in the cage area.... anyone else....??? ideas...

I’ve had to heat it up with a blow dryer and bend it in about 3-4 times - seems to have held strong at this point. Make sure to try and get toward the thicker part of the arm when warming it up - also, a little goes a long way.

#7734 2 years ago

Got my Start Button installed from Rocket City Pinball. Looks great, much better than the flashing Green button from Stern

20210718_170434 (resized).jpg20210718_170434 (resized).jpg
#7735 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Got my Start Button installed from Rocket City Pinball. Looks great, much better than the flashing Green button from Stern
[quoted image]

I like your door, can you post a pic of the whole machine so I can see door please?

#7736 2 years ago

Thanks. I haven't installed it yet. Does that metal plate underneath make it look awkward with the Jada jeep? Did you end up painting it?

#7737 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Thanks. I haven't installed it yet. Does that metal plate underneath make it look awkward with the Jada jeep? Did you end up painting it?

Yes, I painted the extended part black (not the entire piece), and visually you really don't notice it from the player's perspective unless you are looking for it.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7738 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, I painted the extended part black (not the entire piece), and visually you really don't notice it from the player's perspective unless you are looking for it.
[quoted image]

For what it's worth, I didn't paint that extended part black and really don't notice it.

#7739 2 years ago

Long story short: The F7-15M is the thrust bearing Stern should have used in the first place. The plastic version should have been used ONLY on the prototype machine back in Chicago, before real production began!

I'm wondering if there is a communication breakdown between the engineers/designers working on prototype tables and whomever is putting together the table BOMs and assembly line instructions. That would explain things like this POC grade thrust bearing making it through to production, mech issues on A:IQ subways, and multiple tables having guide rails with no washers that end up damaging playfields.

#7740 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I like your door, can you post a pic of the whole machine so I can see door please?

Here you go...

20210719_151513 (resized).jpg20210719_151513 (resized).jpg
#7741 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:Here you go...
[quoted image]

The start button looks great in the photo. Would you recommend it? Also, where did you get the JP inserts on the coin slot lights? Thanks.

#7742 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

I just swapped over to one of these jeeps and it does look better however it now does not swing as readily as it did with the plastic factory jeep. I'm sure this is just because of the extra weight of the metal jeep compared to the original plastic jeep. Anyone else finding this?

#7743 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I just swapped over to one of these jeeps and it does look better however it now does not swing as readily as it did with the plastic factory jeep. I'm sure this is just because of the extra weight of the metal jeep compared to the original plastic jeep. Anyone else finding this?

What is the level of your playfield? The steeper it is the more noticeable the Jeep weight is on freely swinging if you have mounted the Jeep less than center. At 6.5 degress it seemed just a hint less free than the plastic factory version. I had the Jada Jeep on my first JP, and noticed that reduced swing just a hint, so I have not yet done the mod on my second JP for that very reason. If I do, I think I will a bit more careful about where the exact center of the Jeep mounting holes should be. I guess its time for precision measurement and drilling!

#7744 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

The start button looks great in the photo. Would you recommend it? Also, where did you get the JP inserts on the coin slot lights? Thanks.

Thanks, I would definitely recommend the Start Button, I got the inserts from Filament printing But Rocket City Pinball makes some too and I'd already got the inserts before finding Andy

#7745 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

I'm wondering if there is a communication breakdown between the engineers/designers working on prototype tables and whomever is putting together the table BOMs and assembly line instructions...

In my experience, that is the same person.

As a design engineer, I would specify a particular component from a single vendor. Purchasing could only buy from that vendor. Of course the vendor had to meet the drawing requirements. With more generic parts (i.e. a resistors), then purchasing could buy from a variety of vendors as long as they met the spec requirements. But in the end, totally my call.

My assembly drawings had instructions regarding how hand-placed parts were placed on the PWB. I also wrote the test spec to verify the board was working properly.

In the end, engineers wear a lot of hats!

#7746 2 years ago

What is the level of your playfield? The steeper it is the more noticeable the Jeep weight is on freely swinging if you have mounted the Jeep less than center. At 6.5 degress it seemed just a hint less free than the plastic factory version. I had the Jada Jeep on my first JP, and noticed that reduced swing just a hint, so I have not yet done the mod on my second JP for that very reason. If I do, I think I will a bit more careful about where the exact center of the Jeep mounting holes should be. I guess its time for precision measurement and drilling!

Yes you're right. I foolishly didn't even think of the positioning of the jeep. However it is restricted as to how centred you can get the jeep as it can hit the metal ramp. I'll check this out and see if I can centre it better than currently. I've also ordered those better bearings that were recommended earlier on this thread. That might assist as well.

#7747 2 years ago

I’ve not had any issues whatsoever with my Jeep’s smooth rotation. It’s all about getting the center of gravity directly over the center of the shaft.

#7748 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I’ve not had any issues whatsoever with my Jeep’s smooth rotation. It’s all about getting the center of gravity directly over the center of the shaft.

EXACTLY what I keep telling her!

#7749 2 years ago

Just looking for some opinions on the Mezel Electric Fence Upgrade and also their Raptor Pen. Are these worthwhile and fit well in the game. Not tacky at all??

Thank you.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern

#7750 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Just looking for some opinions on the Mezel Electric Fence Upgrade and also their Raptor Pen. Are these worthwhile and fit well in the game. Not tacky at all??
Thank you.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern

You can’t go wrong with the raptor pen. $50 well spent and it looks factory. Installation is easy, and it’s 100% reversible if you ever wanted to, but you won’t.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/155?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.