(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 185.
#7601 2 years ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Green-Machine took this image out of context. My intention was not to criticize anyone or any mod. One pinsider explained that he was waiting for another mod. So I offered him an alternative with humor . And as I had a lot of questions because it is a new mod, I allowed myself to explain them here. I took your point about the spamming. Sorry for that. I'll leave you with a lot of orders to prepare for my customers

It wasn’t my intention to take it out of context. I read it and understood it as it is written. I didn’t notice it to be a response to any question in the thread. Sorry if I was incorrect in my understanding.

#7602 2 years ago

Green-Machine took this image out of context. My intention was not to criticize anyone or any mod. One pinsider explained that he was waiting for another mod. So I offered him an alternative with humor . And as I had a lot of questions because it is a new mod, I allowed myself to explain them here. I took your point about the spamming. Sorry for that. I'll leave you with a lot of orders to prepare for my customers

This is the post you were responding to?

CCBE0B0D-257E-4D71-8C91-BFC5067E331A (resized).pngCCBE0B0D-257E-4D71-8C91-BFC5067E331A (resized).png
#7603 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

This is the post you were responding to?
[quoted image]

Correct, as I said it was humor from my side. I have proposed an alternative mod for this machine.

#7604 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

(Insert trying not to cry emoji here) What a long strange trip it's been EightBallTexas !

Long and Strange, is that a song???

#7605 2 years ago

Has anyone needed to adjust the flipper angle to make some of the tight shots? Are the flippers coming from factory centered on the
Alignment mark?

#7606 2 years ago

Has anyone needed to adjust the flipper angle to make some of the tight shots? Are the flippers coming from factory centered on the
Alignment mark?

Yeap, on my machine (I bought new on January 21), the flippers are coming from factory centered alignment mark !

#7607 2 years ago

Alignment mark?

May 2021 build, flippers 'slightly' below the alignment mark.

#7608 2 years ago

Yeap, on my machine (I bought new on January 21), the flippers are coming from factory centered alignment mark !

Quoted from Markharris2000:

May 2021 build, flippers 'slightly' below the alignment mark.

Thanks guys! I struggle with this game. Not the smooth buttery gameplay I hear others talking about.

#7609 2 years ago

Thanks guys! I struggle with this game. Not the smooth buttery gameplay I hear others talking about.

Search the thread for flipper alignment. Keith(the designer) has said that the top of the flipper bat (not the rubber) should be aligned with the mark. The game is designed to be played with 'droopy' flippers and a 7 degree slope. Been covered numerous times in both JP threads. Someone should make it a key post.

#7610 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Search the thread for flipper alignment. Keith(the designer) has said that the top of the flipper bat (not the rubber) should be aligned with the mark. The game is designed to be played with 'droopy' flippers and a 7 degree slope. Been covered numerous times in both JP threads. Someone should make it a key post.

Thanks. Yeah I’ve read that and have made all those adjustments but still clunky

#7611 2 years ago

Thanks. Yeah I’ve read that and have made all those adjustments but still clunky

Yeah this game requires pinpoint accuracy on most shots. Otherwise it's a total brick-fest.

#7612 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yeah this game requires pinpoint accuracy on most shots. Otherwise it's a total brick-fest.

Good to know. I rarely play it. I need to brush up on my JP skills thanks

#7613 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

When I make a shot and know it was crisp and perfect and intentional, I can just feel it. Like the ping you hear when you hit a perfect shot off the tee with a driver in golf. It just feels SOOO good. But you have to take those perfect shots mixed in with a ton of 'near misses', or 'lucky' ones that work, but just don't feel as deliberate. Like MrMikeman says below... "Just takes practice"

#7614 2 years ago

Good to know. I rarely play it. I need to brush up on my JP skills thanks

I've been playing it more lately (a few games every day - depending how long they last) and practice does make a difference. Scoring over 1B quite often now and rarely less than 500M. After owning it for almost 2 years I JUST got to see KOTI multiball for the first time last weekend.

#7615 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I've been playing it more lately (a few games every day - depending how long they last) and practice does make a difference. Scoring over 1B quite often now and rarely less than 500M. After owning it for almost 2 years I JUST got to see KOTI multiball for the first time last weekend.

I’ve owned mine for quite awhile too but after tinkering with it, trying to dial it in I lost interest.
I’ll make an effort to play it more again. When I was playing it often it definitely improved my skills. I play much better on my other pins.

#7616 2 years ago

If u lose interest again, let me know. I'm looking to buy a premium, and I'm not far away.

#7617 2 years ago

Well, I just played another game. Been hitting JP hard lately. I find it is similar to my first experience with SW. It is a very tight game that forces you to get good at it. As stated before, the geometry is just a bit different from other games. But now that I am hitting the shots it is certainly a fun game. Just one of those games for me I have to play a ton to get the timing down otherwise I just brick everything. But I like the challenge and with the movie assets loaded, it is fantastic. Now a long time keeper in my small collection.

#7618 2 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

If u lose interest again, let me know. I'm looking to buy a premium, and I'm not far away.

I would totally sell or maybe a trade for Wonka. The problem is that my wife wants to keep it

#7619 2 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Well, I just played another game. Been hitting JP hard lately. I find it is similar to my first experience with SW. It is a very tight game that forces you to get good at it. As stated before, the geometry is just a bit different from other games. But now that I am hitting the shots it is certainly a fun game. Just one of those games for me I have to play a ton to get the timing down otherwise I just brick everything. But I like the challenge and with the movie assets loaded, it is fantastic. Now a long time keeper in my small collection.

It’s definitely a “shooters game”. Shots are plentiful but tight. The game can feel like a brick fest or the smoothest game ever depending on how you’re playing. Wouldn’t shock me if casuals or new players don’t care for it. I’m not that good at it yet, but I’m really enjoying it. Furthest I’ve gotten is the T-Rex paddock….but I’ve hit the quadruple skill shot a few times and man that feels good.

#7620 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s definitely a “shooters game”. Shots are plentiful but tight. The game can feel like a brick fest or the smoothest game ever depending on how you’re playing. Wouldn’t shock me if casuals or new players don’t care for it. I’m not that good at it yet, but I’m really enjoying it. Furthest I’ve gotten is the T-Rex paddock….but I’ve hit the quadruple skill shot a few times and man that feels good.

It is hard. I am not a great player and the game is hard for me, especially the set trap shots behind the truck. I do get frustrated but it is exactly what I wanted which is a deep game with lots of stuff to do that would be hard to finish. Lets face it, I will never finish it. I havnt gotten past three dino paddocks yet. I love the game but sometimes I just turn it off and walk away thinking I should have bought Turtles, which I am saving for.

#7621 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It is hard. I am not a great player and the game is hard for me, especially the set trap shots behind the truck. I do get frustrated but it is exactly what I wanted which is a deep game with lots of stuff to do that would be hard to finish. Lets face it, I will never finish it. I havnt gotten past three dino paddocks yet. I love the game but sometimes I just turn it off and walk away thinking I should have bought Turtles, which I am saving for.

I think when we get there, or even just get a little further, it will feel very rewarding. I think this game has lots of little rewarding shots all around...like the trap shots - dang, it just feels good when you nail one! Or the smart missile - you really deserve that reward if you get it, and it makes you feel great!

#7622 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Interesting take considering your legendary hate of Ghostbusters, but the same could be said of that game.

#7623 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think when we get there, or even just get a little further, it will feel very rewarding. I think this game has lots of little rewarding shots all around...like the trap shots - dang, it just feels good when you nail one! Or the smart missile - you really deserve that reward if you get it, and it makes you feel great!

Hitting the smart missile shot does give great satisfaction.

#7624 2 years ago

Forgive me for asking a question that has probably been discussed 20 times on this thread already. I made the T-Rex adjustments and she now catches the ball just fine, but when it’s time to pick it up and hold it and move it around, the ball falls out without the magnet holding it in place. What adjustment do I need to make?

#7625 2 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Forgive me for asking a question that has probably been discussed 20 times on this thread already. I made the T-Rex adjustments and she now catches the ball just fine, but when it’s time to pick it up and hold it and move it around, the ball falls out without the magnet holding it in place. What adjustment do I need to make?

Everytime or just sometimes?

#7626 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Everytime or just sometimes?

Every time

#7627 2 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

People have had issues with the coil and opto soldered connections in T-Rex. So to me it sounds like your magnet isn't working, as the opto is triggering the start of the events. Try going into test mode to verify if the magnet is working. If it's not then I'd suspect the solder connections and best to remove T-Rex to work on her.

JP T-Rex (resized).jpgJP T-Rex (resized).jpg

#7628 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

TMNT is just as difficult, and a lot faster! The Borg left outlane will have you cursing in no time.

#7629 2 years ago

Taking the glass off for the second time to do some cleaning. What minor items should I replace. The washer on the upper flipper? Flat screw head for better plunges. Also going to put the small piece of electrical tape for the o orbit as I have issues with that…

Where do I buy the washers and screws?

#7630 2 years ago

I had a ball fly up somehow and get trapped under the Raptor’s booty!

A6771B85-D93B-47B3-B96E-045671A537F5.jpegA6771B85-D93B-47B3-B96E-045671A537F5.jpeg
#7631 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

You got a thumbs down for that?
Yeah, that is a spot we always get ball hangups. I keep saying I'm gonna stick something on that back post to avoid them but I never think of it until it happens again

#7632 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

B5424A59-1C7F-4A1D-AEBA-EBBE9DB7F79E.gifB5424A59-1C7F-4A1D-AEBA-EBBE9DB7F79E.gif
#7633 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You got a thumbs down for that?

Blocked stalker's gonna stalk. *shrug*

#7634 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

She laid a silver egg!

#7635 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

She laid a silver egg!

or he lost a ball.

#7636 2 years ago

Why a thumbs down for that. Really? I mean it is Rarehero but come on.

#7637 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Why a thumbs down for that. Really? I mean it is Rarehero but come on.

I'm just teasing him because he blocked me over nothing. I'm pretty sure he has half of pinside on ignore so reading these threads must be an interesting experience for him.

#7638 2 years ago

Anyone else have a Mezel mod raptor pit post snap while trying to feed the wire through it? That was disappointing. I'll see how well super glue works, I suppose.

#7639 2 years ago
Quoted from GoRun26:

Anyone else have a Mezel mod raptor pit post snap while trying to feed the wire through it? That was disappointing. I'll see how well super glue works, I suppose.

No but I definitely puckered a little while feeding it through.

#7640 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

No but I definitely puckered a little while feeding it through.

Super glue seemed to work well. Everything is holding steady through 3 games. I circled the break in the pic. Caution and patience for those planning this mod. Though I appear to be the only one that had this problem, so must be me.

89D23597-EF14-4B03-98AB-8139B953EF24 (resized).jpeg89D23597-EF14-4B03-98AB-8139B953EF24 (resized).jpeg
#7641 2 years ago
Quoted from GoRun26:

Super glue seemed to work well. Everything is holding steady through 3 games. I circled the break in the pic. Caution and patience for those planning this mod. Though I appear to be the only one that had this problem, so must be me.
[quoted image]

I anticipated the same issue before I started installing mine, so I pre-formed the wire and then carefully pushed/pulled it through. That said, Mezel really should switch over to an aluminum wire instead of the steel one they supply. Aluminum would bend and form SOOO much easier, and looks nearly identical, perhaps even better!

#7642 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I anticipated the same issue before I started installing mine, so I pre-formed the wire and then carefully pushed/pulled it through. That said, Mezel really should switch over to an aluminum wire instead of the steel one they supply. Aluminum would bend and form SOOO much easier, and looks nearly identical, perhaps even better!

Agreed. Softer wire would be so much better.

#7643 2 years ago

My JP premium is about two months old. Everything is working well OOTB except for one thing…my T-Rex won’t always drop the ball after being swallowed up. It takes a ball search to eventually drop the ball which is less than desirable. I dont have any alignment issues from what I can tell. And, I read through previous posts and the numerous adjustment options; however, before I head down some actual adjustments I figured I’d ask if others made a quick and easy adjustment for this one because there are quite a few levers to pull in general.

#7644 2 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

My JP premium is about two months old. Everything is working well OOTB except for one thing…my T-Rex won’t always drop the ball after being swallowed up. It takes a ball search to eventually drop the ball which is less than desirable. I dont have any alignment issues from what I can tell. And, I read through previous posts and the numerous adjustment options; however, before I head down some actual adjustments I figured I’d ask if others made a quick and easy adjustment for this one because there are quite a few levers to pull in general.

You possibly have a flaky coil connection in T-Rex - go into test mode and see if there is an intermittent issue opening T-Rex's mouth (it could be dependent upon T-Rex position that is breaking the connection). Here is the relevant post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/87#post-5435328

#7645 2 years ago

Try threading some solder through the holes instead of wire. It’s soft a looks like wire.

#7646 2 years ago

Been playing a bit with the jeep as it was factory installed a bit too tight. In the process of resolving that issue, I ran into a couple of alternatives to the thrust bearing that Stern uses, which *seem* to work even better than the plastic type Stern supplied. The first one is a roller pin thrust bearing. You can find them lots of places and they are cheap. Part is "TC411+2TRA" and I got a pack of 5 for $8 on eBay, took 2 weeks to arrive. They are a bit more visible since the diameter on the outside is larger. I then found the metal roller bearing style, similar looking to Stern's but in metal, Amazon $7. Look for "F7-13M". If anyone is looking to replace their own, these both seem like great alternatives if you are looking for all-metal construction.

b1 (resized).JPGb1 (resized).JPGb2 (resized).JPGb2 (resized).JPG

#7647 2 years ago

I'm sure this has been convered but I'm not sure where and Stern's documentation is, uh, terrible.

For the shaker motor, is the capacitor necessary for spike 2? I think I've read that it's not but the instructions refer to other instructions that don't seem to have the information.

I think I've also read that the ferrites are unnecessary, but I can't remember. Are they?

#7648 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm sure this has been convered but I'm not sure where and Stern's documentation is, uh, terrible.
For the shaker motor, is the capacitor necessary for spike 2? I think I've read that it's not but the instructions refer to other instructions that don't seem to have the information.
I think I've also read that the ferrites are unnecessary, but I can't remember. Are they?

If you have the latest revision Shaker from Stern or PBL - no capacitor, no ferrite cores required - plug into the connector on the board and you’re good to go.

#7649 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

If you have the latest revision Shaker from Stern or PBL - no capacitor, no ferrite cores required - plug into the connector on the board and you’re good to go.

Thanks. I ended up installing the ferrites anyways. Why not...

What's the best setting for using the shaker with this game? Does more intense use have any negative inpact on the game?

#7650 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I was wondering m I f it would mess the game up if you installed the capacitor that came with the shaker motor if the game already or not. I installed it then I took it off. I did t want to mess anything up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/153?hl=reaper802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.