(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 185.
#7551 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

Hey everyone, not sure I introduced myself but I acquired a JP prem a little over 2 months ago and just getting around to posting it on here. Been modding it ever since and can't get enough of it! Here is what I have so far:
Green superbands
Mezel mod trees
The art of pinball signs
3d printed flipper toppers and rails
pterodactyl mod
green sleeve posts
3d amber blinkers for raptor cage
lockdown bar plaque
barbasol mod (not pictured, waiting on replacement)
I've got more on the way, I just can't get enough on modding it, haha
[quoted image]

You sound like me....HAHA.....I also like modding....

#7552 2 years ago
Quoted from Limdul:

I think i know the answer, but perhaps this will serve as confirmation or maybe a PSA.
I picked up the amber shooter several months ago and found time to try and install it today. I removed the hardware from the original rod, lined up the new plate assembly, and started to hand thread one bolt. The bolt felt like it caught a thread, but was resisting rotation. I went to the screw driver, but it too was tough to rotate. Moving onto another hole, I tried to repeat everything to similar resistance. I decided to undo everything and remove the rod for inspection and found what looked like untapped holes for the bolts (the exception being my first bolt, where I think I may have forced some threads through my struggle).
Are theses holes meant to be left untapped and/or am I missing something with the install? Has anyone else made a similar observation with their rod's bolt holes?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Update from Stern; the machine screws are apparently self tapping and the blank mounting holes are standard. Wish me luck; I'm going to be a bit frustrated when I shear a factory screw into the amber rod leaving me effectively with two unusable rods

#7553 2 years ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

I suggest to change your Barbasol mod by our Illuminated GI Nedry's Computer mod
The video is here :

and picture in attached file[quoted image]

Lol

#7554 2 years ago
Quoted from Limdul:

Update from Stern; the machine screws are apparently self tapping and the blank mounting holes are standard. Wish me luck; I'm going to be a bit frustrated when I shear a factory screw into the amber rod leaving me effectively with two unusable rods

My amber rod kit from Stern (purchased 60 days ago) had the holes factory threaded. I actually hand turned and then tightened the screws into the rod plate. Perhaps they changed the design recently? In any case, if you have a tap&die kit, thread the holes yourself and save a world of frustration for yourself! The screws are hard enough to get right and tight even when they are threaded, especially the one closest to the cabinet edge. (Alternatively if you don't have a tap&die kit, try self-threading the screws into the plate OUTSIDE of the cabinet. Screw each of the three screws in with the plate while its sitting on your bench. That will make the threads fairly well too.)

#7555 2 years ago

Hey everyone, not sure I introduced myself but I acquired a JP prem a little over 2 months ago and just getting around to posting it on here. Been modding it ever since and can't get enough of it! Here is what I have so far:
Green superbands
Mezel mod trees
The art of pinball signs
pterodactyl mod
green sleeve posts
lockdown bar plaque
[quoted image]

Where did you get the trees?

#7557 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Prefer the Barbasol...don't think dissing other folks mods is cool....post for sale...and see how it goes..

Could do without the repetitive spamming of the items that are for sale in both threads as well...

#7558 2 years ago
Quoted from Limdul:

Just make sure you screw them in first with the plate out side of the pin where you can get a proper grip and angle on both pieces. Once you do that, they'll go in very easy when you actually install it on the pin.

#7559 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Could do without the repetitive spamming of the items that are for sale in both threads as well...

Whaaaa

#7560 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

You sound like me....HAHA.....I also like modding....

Yeah, it's super fun to play JP with all the mods. I get super into it

#7561 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Where did you get the trees?

mezelmods.com, I got the tree pack with the green sleeves mod and the fan trees. I didn't end up using all the trees either.

#7562 2 years ago

Should i also use flat screws for more successful autoplunges?

D58B9FD5-1763-4FBB-AE93-E23E2BE43404 (resized).jpegD58B9FD5-1763-4FBB-AE93-E23E2BE43404 (resized).jpeg
#7563 2 years ago

Gained entrance to the park yesterday! Love it!

44550314-F0FB-4C86-A3EF-BD6260D33256 (resized).jpeg44550314-F0FB-4C86-A3EF-BD6260D33256 (resized).jpeg
#7564 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Should i also use flat screws for more successful autoplunges?[quoted image]

I removed them and replaced with the carbon fiber ramp mat from Cliffy

#7565 2 years ago

I suggest to change your Barbasol mod by our Illuminated GI Nedry's Computer mod

I suggest everyone decides what they prefer, and go with that. Your computer mod, my Barbasol mod, the Caution plastic mod, other mods, DIY mod, nothing, whatever.

#7566 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Take the glass off and run the ball over the area by hand. If it doesn't make contact with the screws then do nothing. If it does make contact then you can decide how to best address (grind the heads down a little, replace them, or remove them altogether and use a piece of clear adhesive vinyl (Mylar) or something.

The #1 thing you can do to achieve more consistent ball launches is to replace the OEM green spring with an orange one (can find them at Marcos and other suppliers). Also, check the alignment of your auto-plunger. I notice that sometimes I need to reseat my playfield firmly in place when I've been working on things as it can sit a mm or 2 off.

#7568 2 years ago

Green superbands
Mezel mod trees
The art of pinball signs
pterodactyl mod
green sleeve posts
lockdown bar plaque
[quoted image]

The pinball purists out there hate people like you (and me) who like to mod their pins. For me, I just like adding personal touches to make it uniquely my own.

#7569 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The pinball purists out there hate people like you (and me) who like to mod their pins. For me, I just like adding personal touches to make it uniquely my own.

People gotta bitch about something.

#7570 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It's your game...you SHOULD make it your own.

#7571 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

I was thinking about trying the same thing.

#7572 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Had my Premium for 9 days now. This is my big thank you post to this forum, there were several tweaks to get this game setup properly, but man is it awesome. Below are all the little tweaks i made, mostly thanks to this forum so going to post them hoping maybe someone else may find them beneficial for their machine, my way of paying it forward.
Replaced the green plunger spring with an orange one - manual plunges are now so much better
Did the washer under the left fork in the shooter lane as mentioned, auto plunge works amazing now per several posts in this thread.
My Trex wasn't always able to grab the ball, I adjusted the right bias to +3 and now as long i hit the shot clean he grabs it.
Helipad - Replaced outer screw with flatter screw - shots are more successful, i had ordered the big bag of everything from Pinball life and they had a flat head screw that was right height and size.
Raptor Gate - vertical alignment on the play field was correct with the hole however when the gate was lowered the left side was slightly higher than the right so it wasn't flush on my left side causing the ball to hold when the gate lowered, underneath the playfield, between the metal plate and wood i added a thin metal washer and now it lowers flush and the ball drops.
Trex ramp and O right orbit shots failed to register on hard fast shots, used the electrical tape fix on the lower half of the optos and they register every time now.
Just finished the last of these fixes, turned it back on and played a game, didn't realize until i drained the first ball that i accidentally hit 2 players, so i just played both players, glad i did as my player 2 score beat my player 1 by 300 million!
Thank again pinsiders![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a link to the washer under the left fork for the shooter lane? I am having the same issue with auto plunge only working half the time even after increasing the power of the plunge.

#7573 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

WizardBlades installed in my JP Premium. Notice the colors of the blades perfectly match the backboard of the playfield...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So you have a premium but got pro blades to match the backboard? Interesting. I was thinking about ordering the premium blades but now I don't know.

#7574 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

So you have a premium but got pro blades to match the backboard? Interesting. I was thinking about ordering the premium blades but now I don't know.

I found the WizardBlades matched the backboard better than Stern's blades. Wizard doesn't really market these as "Pro" or "Premium", they market them based on the color palette, default is the blue, and they also offer their 'sunset' version. You can decide if it matches your pro or premium as you see fit. It now looks more like a continuous theme that wraps around the player's view of the playfield.

#7575 2 years ago

I found the WizardBlades matched the backboard better than Stern's blades. Wizard doesn't really market these as "Pro" or "Premium", they market them based on the color palette, default is the blue, and they also offer their 'sunset' version. You can decide if it matches your pro or premium as you see fit. It now looks more like a continuous theme that wraps around the player's view of the playfield.

I guess I assumed the sunset blades were the premium style because they show them on that model. I could swear some of the JP mods had the model names in the title. I might get the blue then.

Is a shaker worthwhile on this game? I had a topper on order but it kept getting delayed and I started to think it's not worth $600, so I'm thinking about other mods that are a better value...

#7576 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I guess I assumed the sunset blades were the premium style because they show them on that model. I could swear some of the JP mods had the model names in the title. I might get the blue then.
Is a shaker worthwhile on this game? I had a topper on order but it kept getting delayed and I started to think it's not worth $600, so I'm thinking about other mods that are a better value...

Shaker is awesome in JP

#7577 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is a shaker worthwhile on this game?

Does a bear poop in the woods?
Is the Pope Catholic?
Is ice cold?
Does the sun set in the West?
Do Russians love vodka?
Do one legged ducks swim in a circle?
Is the sky blue?
Is grass green?

Hopefully I've conveyed my opinion on the question clearly enough at this point.

#7578 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Pinball Life has the Rev C shaker for $90. It's a no-brainer. Trex feels like he's walking around your gameroom!!! LOL.

#7579 2 years ago

FINALLY!!!! I’ve had the game for almost 2 years. Get to VC once in a while but had never managed to start KOTI…

Finally did it tonight.. managed to capture Spino the hard way. No multiball or shortcut. When I started KOTI was too excited to do well but so fun to see something new in the game.

#7580 2 years ago

How hard is it to install the art blades.

#7581 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I removed them and replaced with the carbon fiber ramp mat from Cliffy

Are these just adhesive? Any worry about them popping off?

#7582 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Pretty easy if you just take the playfield out - it’s a couple of connectors. I usually just set the back edge on a couple of paint cans or something, let the front rest on the bars on the floor. Install the art blades, reinstall the playfield. Usually takes about 10 minutes. Nice to have the help of a 2nd person to align the decals.

#7583 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

With a little practice, you can install without removing the play field. I use a modified dry approach. I remove a portion of the backing, maybe 10 inches wide, and about a third of the way from the back edge. (The parts between the playfield in upright position and the left and right cabinet edge) You can then easily slide the blade in and position it quite easily by only touching the parts of the blade that have backing remaining. Align it properly by still only touching the backed portions, and once in place, gently press a portion of the uncovered blade to the surface. This keeps it in place. You can then easily work towards each edge front and back, keeping alignment along the way if needed. Press down with a hard rubber roller.

#7584 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Super easy, I've put them on almost every game I have had.
Lots of different ways to do it but this is what works for me.

I've always used the "wet method" never had a problem, never took a playfield out.
Put the playfield up, Peel it off, Spray it with lightly soaped water (you don't have to go crazy just mist the whole thing), get it where you want it, squeegee or credit card it and wipe with a towel. Make sure to get any bubbles out before it drys.
It won't hurt the adhesive, I haven't had a single one peel up.
It works well because you don't have to nail it on the first try, you can adjust them as needed until it starts to dry.
If you are having a hard time and it starts to tack just pull it out and re-mist it.
Wipe any drips with a towel as you go.

#7585 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Do you have a link to the washer under the left fork for the shooter lane? I am having the same issue with auto plunge only working half the time even after increasing the power of the plunge.

If manually plunging always makes the ramp but the auto-plunger doesn't, then I'd suggest looking at the auto-plunger. The auto-plunger has 2 metal blades/forks that sit either side of the manual plunger tip. When the ball sits in the shooter lane it should rest evenly on both forks so that the auto-plunger will fire the ball straight down the shooter lane.

#7586 2 years ago

HAPPY 4TH WEEKEND ALL.

I did the impossible.......JP and BM up on the block for a weekend sale. Mama needs her first PIN and I have 2 in mind.

Local pick up gets a super deal.

Let the games begin.

#7587 2 years ago

HAPPY 4TH WEEKEND ALL.
I did the impossible.......JP and BM up on the block for a weekend sale. Mama needs her first PIN and I have 2 in mind.
Let the games begin.

You said it *might* happen.... How will you live without JP? (I did that too, and then came back after a few months. You'll be back!)

#7588 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are these just adhesive? Any worry about them popping off?

Yes adhesive. No issues so far...

#7589 2 years ago

You said it *might* happen.... How will you live without JP? (I did that too, and then came back after a few months. You'll be back!)

I will be hanging out here we all my friends....but room size bro.

005 is my lucky number......

#7590 2 years ago

For me the same!

#7591 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Several places are marketing brownish blades going off of the backglass of the premium. For me I think that's silly. I'd rather have the blue version to best match the PF and BB which they are right next to.

#7592 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Like others have said, very easy. My wife pushes down on the front of the PF to lift the back above the top of the cabinet and I just stick them on. As long as you don't get the paper thin ones, you can pull it off easily if you don't get the position started just right. As long as you get a 12" or so section positioned correctly the rest should fall in line nicely. I work from the top down and from the back to the front personally.

#7593 2 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I ordered a shaker and blue blades.

#7594 2 years ago

Hi everybody,

Some people, ask me different informations for this mod.
About the electric part we use the elegant Matrix System from Comet Pinball.
The screen inside has 2SMD which are connected to the brightness adjuster to give yourself control over brightness with the quick turn of a screw.
On the other side we use a Matrix quick connect bulb. You have just to replace a standard bulb by this special bulb.
We provide a mouse a keyboard, an UC (Unit Central), the Nedry's mug, the screen with 3 choices of one image illuminated and the plate to mount all the elements. Here are some pictures below.
The price of this mod included shipping is $75 ($60 for the mod and $15 for shipping around the world)

Regards,
Lionel.

IMG_1151_edited (resized).jpgIMG_1151_edited (resized).jpgIMG_1152 (resized).JPGIMG_1152 (resized).JPGIMG_1155_edited (resized).jpgIMG_1155_edited (resized).jpgScreen 1 (resized).jpgScreen 1 (resized).jpgScreen 2 (resized).jpgScreen 2 (resized).jpgScreen 3 (resized).jpgScreen 3 (resized).jpg
#7595 2 years ago

Hi everybody,
Some people, ask me different informations for this mod.
About the electric part we use the elegant Matrix System from Comet Pinball.
The screen inside has 2SMD which are connected to the brightness adjuster to give yourself control over brightness with the quick turn of a screw.
On the other side we use a Matrix quick connect bulb. You have just to replace a standard bulb by this special bulb.
We provide a mouse a keyboard, an UC (Unit Central), the Nedry's mug, the screen with 3 choices of one image illuminated and the plate to mount all the elements. Here are some pictures below.
The price of this mod included shipping is $75 ($60 for the mod and $15 for shipping around the world)

Regards,
Lionel.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

251F4694-77A2-4022-B6C5-B6F944C2EAED (resized).png251F4694-77A2-4022-B6C5-B6F944C2EAED (resized).png
#7596 2 years ago

I’m pretty sure no one asked you anything. You are just promoting your mod again

#7597 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’m pretty sure no one asked you anything. You are just promoting your mod again

And dissing a superior mod at that....post your stuff in the market place... and stop spamming the thread please... "elegant matrix"... thats funny

#7598 2 years ago

Have to appreciate the effort, it takes a special person to be told no all the time and just keep hustling.

#7599 2 years ago

HAPPY 4TH WEEKEND ALL.
Let the games begin.

(Insert trying not to cry emoji here) What a long strange trip it's been Royale-W-Cheese !

#7600 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

And dissing a superior mod at that....post your stuff in the market place... and stop spamming the thread please... "elegant matrix"... thats funny

Green-Machine took this image out of context. My intention was not to criticize anyone or any mod. One pinsider explained that he was waiting for another mod. So I offered him an alternative with humor . And as I had a lot of questions because it is a new mod, I allowed myself to explain them here. I took your point about the spamming. Sorry for that. I'll leave you with a lot of orders to prepare for my customers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/152?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.