(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 185.
#7451 2 years ago

Never experienced this stuck ball before

0B5CC8C4-0EB1-43C7-9AC2-562088FEF7EC (resized).jpeg0B5CC8C4-0EB1-43C7-9AC2-562088FEF7EC (resized).jpeg
#7452 2 years ago

Has anyone gotten the clear shooter lane protector to work? Getting switch test #22 alert with it on. It seems others have had the same issue.

#7453 2 years ago
Quoted from JayTeeF:

Has anyone gotten the clear shooter lane protector to work? Getting switch test #22 alert with it on. It seems others have had the same issue.

I have never had an issue with mine. I used the Star Wars lane protector per recommendation from a pinball legend. Hope this helps for ones having issues

#7454 2 years ago

How hard is it to upgrade to the code that shows the actors with film soundclips?

#7455 2 years ago
Quoted from JayTeeF:

On my first JP premium(aug2020 build), I tried the clear protector but it wouldn’t sit down 100% in the rounded part of the lane. It seemed to have a different radius curve. So I removed it and then installed Cliffy’s and I think it works perfect…. And looks great. On my new one (may2021 build) I just put Cliffy’s on to begin with.

#7456 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

On my new one (may2021 build)

Did you sell the first one miss it and get another? Just curious.

#7457 2 years ago

Thanks for the tips guys. Going to take the protector off and look at some Cliffys.

#7458 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

How hard is it to upgrade to the code that shows the actors with film soundclips?

It's very easy to do. Contact Timlah79 for instructions and a link. Here is the thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project

#7459 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Did you sell the first one miss it and get another? Just curious.

Yes. I don't even have a good reason, but I sold it thinking I was done learning it. I was crazy selling it as I realized it's just plain FUN, so I got another NIB without too much difficulty… just had to wait a few months!

#7460 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Look what just drove to my house from China! Teeing up my weekend mod project!
[quoted image]

How hard is it to install this? Is there a guide somewhere?

#7462 2 years ago

Had my Premium for 9 days now. This is my big thank you post to this forum, there were several tweaks to get this game setup properly, but man is it awesome. Below are all the little tweaks i made, mostly thanks to this forum so going to post them hoping maybe someone else may find them beneficial for their machine, my way of paying it forward.

Replaced the green plunger spring with an orange one - manual plunges are now so much better
Did the washer under the left fork in the shooter lane as mentioned, auto plunge works amazing now per several posts in this thread.
My Trex wasn't always able to grab the ball, I adjusted the right bias to +3 and now as long i hit the shot clean he grabs it.
Helipad - Replaced outer screw with flatter screw - shots are more successful, i had ordered the big bag of everything from Pinball life and they had a flat head screw that was right height and size.
Raptor Gate - vertical alignment on the play field was correct with the hole however when the gate was lowered the left side was slightly higher than the right so it wasn't flush on my left side causing the ball to hold when the gate lowered, underneath the playfield, between the metal plate and wood i added a thin metal washer and now it lowers flush and the ball drops.
Trex ramp and O right orbit shots failed to register on hard fast shots, used the electrical tape fix on the lower half of the optos and they register every time now.
Just finished the last of these fixes, turned it back on and played a game, didn't realize until i drained the first ball that i accidentally hit 2 players, so i just played both players, glad i did as my player 2 score beat my player 1 by 300 million!

Thank again pinsiders!

Helipad (resized).jpgHelipad (resized).jpgOShot (resized).jpgOShot (resized).jpgOrangeSpring (resized).jpgOrangeSpring (resized).jpgRaptorGate (resized).jpgRaptorGate (resized).jpgScores (resized).jpgScores (resized).jpgTrexRamp (resized).jpgTrexRamp (resized).jpg
#7463 2 years ago

Ok some odd behavior post TRex upgrade install...

Vertical and horitonztl tests look fine.

During a couple of games I have had the "Feed Trex" signal...but TRex is all the way to the right..... if I shoot the ramp and I get Multiball etc. And I have had him proper location a couple of times and fed him the ball successfully...

Also noticed him open jaws a few times while all the way to the right and contact the ramp....????

#7464 2 years ago

Hi everybody,

Here is a new mod created especially for Stern's Jurassic Park (any Pro / Premium / LE version). This is Nedry's computer. Located, right at the entrance of the Control Room, the mod contains a complete set, keyboard, illuminated screen connected to a GI, Central Unit and all of the support to place these elements.
You just need to remove two screws to replace your clear plastic. The connection is made through a special bulb which is supplied.
If interested, please do not hesitate to send me a private message.

A video to illustrate our mod :

Some pictures in attached file

Regards,

Yoann and Lionel Poli

IMG_1043 (resized).JPGIMG_1043 (resized).JPGIMG_1045_edited (resized).jpgIMG_1045_edited (resized).jpgIMG_1046_edited (resized).jpgIMG_1046_edited (resized).jpg
#7465 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I was crazy selling it as I realized it's just plain FUN,

You *KNOW* it's a great game when you buy it twice. I will be joining you all soon with a premium. Cant wait.

#7466 2 years ago
Quoted from JayTeeF:

Thanks for the tips guys. Going to take the protector off and look at some Cliffys.

In case you haven't removed it yet...they have a whole video on adjusting the switch if you have this issue...

#7467 2 years ago

#7468 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:In case you haven't removed it yet...they have a whole video on adjusting the switch if you have this issue...

Aha. Looks like I have some adjusting to do.

#7469 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I'm getting quite a few trapped balls behind the raptor. Does anyone else have this issue? If so, any ideas for fixing it? Major pain to get the ball out of there.
[quoted image]

Here's a few solutions for stopping the ball getting in there
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/135#post-6196142
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/135#post-6200839
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/135#post-6200994

#7470 2 years ago

I just purchased Jurassic Park Premium and want to upgrade the speakers and add a speaker light kit. I oredered and received the Kenwood 5.25" speakers and am waiting to order the speaker light kit from speakerlightkits.com. Unfortunately they are currently out of stock on the replacement 5.25" speaker plate set so have to wait till they get them back in stock. For those of you with a Premium, what do you receommend on the light kit? Has anyone added the round colored speaker surround set? If so, what color did you choose?

Thanks!
Ed

#7471 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I just purchased Jurassic Park Premium and want to upgrade the speakers and add a speaker light kit. I oredered and received the Kenwood 5.25" speakers and am waiting to order the speaker light kit from speakerlightkits.com. Unfortunately they are currently out of stock on the replacement 5.25" speaker plate set so have to wait till they get them back in stock. For those of you with a Premium, what do you receommend on the light kit? Has anyone added the round colored speaker surround set? If so, what color did you choose?
Thanks!
Ed

Here is what I went with: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/172#post-6021641

In the end, I just leave the Speaker Light Kit set to a single color to illuminate the yellow inserts.

#7472 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is what I went with: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/172#post-6021641

In the end, I just leave the Speaker Light Kit set to a single color to illuminate the yellow inserts.

That looks great. I think I will follow your setup. So with the speakerlightkit, you ordered it with the yellow colored speaker surround set? Also, do you know the model of the Kicker speakers you purchased?

Thanks again!
Ed

#7473 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

That looks great. I think I will follow your setup. So with the speakerlightkit, you ordered it with the yellow colored speaker surround set? Also, do you know the model of the Kicker speakers you purchased?
Thanks again!
Ed

Yes, the yellow surrounds and the 5.25" Spike 2 Combo (lights and 5.25" plates).

Here are the Kicker speakers I ordered (CSC5): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NSCZ27W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#7474 2 years ago

I got a replacement TRex head and I’m trying to swap them out and ran into something I’ve got a question about. The plastic arm in the picture is attached to the game with some kind of clamping washer or something. Does anyone know if that just gets pried off or is there something I need to worry about to avoid breaking it?

40552110-6D5D-4D28-888E-5A905705FE43 (resized).jpeg40552110-6D5D-4D28-888E-5A905705FE43 (resized).jpeg
#7475 2 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I got a replacement TRex head and I’m trying to swap them out and ran into something I’ve got a question about. The plastic arm in the picture is attached to the game with some kind of clamping washer or something. Does anyone know if that just gets pried off or is there something I need to worry about to avoid breaking it?
[quoted image]

Called a eclip... is this a Stern replacement? They pop off..kinda... dont bend it off...

eclip (resized).jpgeclip (resized).jpg
#7476 2 years ago

JMCFAN That’s it. Thanks for letting me know not to bend it.

#7477 2 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

JMCFAN That’s it. Thanks for letting me know not to bend it.

It will snap right on.... on that on I used my fingers.. you may need some needle nose pliers.... be prepared for it to take flight too....

#7478 2 years ago

I've been playing my new JP Premium non stop...I think it's setup right. However, periodically during game play when I'm racking up points, the game will make the "pop" sound like it does when the numbers match at the end. It doesn't give me a 4th ball. What is it signifying?

Thanks.

The game freaking rocks.

#7479 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadJeff:

What is it signifying?

It means you earned a free game, usually when you beat a pre designated score. It means you are playing well!

#7480 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadJeff:

I've been playing my new JP Premium non stop...I think it's setup right. However, periodically during game play when I'm racking up points, the game will make the "pop" sound like it does when the numbers match at the end. It doesn't give me a 4th ball. What is it signifying?
Thanks.
The game freaking rocks.

Its called a "replay"
Its awarded at a certain point value that fluctuates based on how good/bad people have been playing.
If the game was not set to freeplay it would award a free credit.
If it is set to freeplay it awards nothing but can be changed in the settings to award an extra ball.

#7481 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Its called a "replay"
Its awarded at a certain point value that fluctuates based on how good/bad people have been playing.

It seems extra weird because it's a pretty bad noise coming from the speaker. Sounds like something is wrong...

...in the olden days this came from a "knocker" which is a solenoid that hits the cabinet instead of coming from the speaker.

In order to save cost, they dropped the knocker and switched over the pop/bark that you're hearing. It's kinda meant to sound like a knocker..but just ends up sounding bad!

#7482 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

It seems extra weird because it's a pretty bad noise coming from the speaker. Sounds like something is wrong...
...in the olden days this came from a "knocker" which is a solenoid that hits the cabinet instead of coming from the speaker.
In order to save cost, they dropped the knocker and switched over the pop/bark that you're hearing. It's kinda meant to sound like a knocker..but just ends up sounding bad!

If you miss the 'real' knocker, PBL sells to add-on kit which puts the solenoid back, and uses the Q24 driver just like 'the olden days. Its $50. The game's software still supports it (I think it's setting 44 & 55) , even on the newest machines, so you can turn the weird synthetic tone off, and turn the hardware knocker on.

https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html

#7483 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I added the knocker to mine, and it is a loud one. Love watching guests jump when it goes off. Even had one of my son's friends come tell me once that he's sorry but he broke the machine after the knocker made such a loud sound when he matched at the end of a game (he heard the sound and no more balls came out, so he figured it was broken).

#7484 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I added the knocker to mine, and it is a loud one. Love watching guests jump when it goes off. Even had one of my son's friends come tell me once that he's sorry but he broke the machine after the knocker made such a loud sound when he matched at the end of a game (he heard the sound and no more balls came out, so he figured it was broken).

I have the real knockers on my games but they are LOUD! I dampen them with a small pad on the plate to tone it down a bit.

#7485 2 years ago

I've been looking at the key posts for T-Rex tweaks, but didn't see anything about this:

Should the T-Rex reliably drop the ball on the wireform to its right? Sometimes it clearly positions itself over that wireform and drops it on perfectly, sometimes it drops it to the left of that ramp & it falls to the playfield in front of the T-Rex ramp.

Also, on the fist T-Rex hurry up, sometimes the ball sets off the sensor in the mouth, but the magnet doesn't catch it. It still starts the mode...but I noticed on the 2nd T-Rex encounter, if the sensor is tripped & the T-Rex bites but doesn't catch the ball, the mode won't start...it definitely wants you to get that ball caught in there. Any tips to get the magnet to definitely "suck" the ball in when the mouth sensor is tripped?

Thanks!

#7486 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Should the T-Rex reliably drop the ball on the wireform to its right? Sometimes it clearly positions itself over that wireform and drops it on perfectly, sometimes it drops it to the left of that ramp & it falls to the playfield in front of the T-Rex ramp.

Yes, every time mine works perfectly unless you go to rampage and it chucks it wherever.

#7487 2 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Yes, every time mine works perfectly unless you go to rampage and it chucks it wherever.

Hm, so if it’s not adjusting itself to be in the right spot every time, I wonder if I should be looking at the settings or something physical?

#7488 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've been looking at the key posts for T-Rex tweaks, but didn't see anything about this:
Also, on the fist T-Rex hurry up, sometimes the ball sets off the sensor in the mouth, but the magnet doesn't catch it. It still starts the mode...but I noticed on the 2nd T-Rex encounter, if the sensor is tripped & the T-Rex bites but doesn't catch the ball, the mode won't start...it definitely wants you to get that ball caught in there. Any tips to get the magnet to definitely "suck" the ball in when the mouth sensor is tripped?
Thanks!

Mine is always on the ramp unless it’s rampage

#7489 2 years ago

Anyone want to explain why I lose the ball every time I get TRex rampage? Every time. This game is hard.

#7490 2 years ago

". This game is hard."

This....

#7491 2 years ago

If any of you have time, could you take a pic of your T-Rex assembly and tell me what goes in the hole here? Looks like a screw or something is missing…I think this is what’s causing my T-Rex to not go all the way right to the ramp.

3AC6F7B4-29C9-4365-BF68-F48E175F1C60.jpeg3AC6F7B4-29C9-4365-BF68-F48E175F1C60.jpeg
#7492 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If any of you have time, could you take a pic of your T-Rex assembly and tell me what goes in the hole here? Looks like a screw or something is missing…I think this is what’s causing my T-Rex to not go all the way right to the ramp.
[quoted image]

Top view and side view pics of that spot. Hope they help.

4F4B75B8-9D36-4546-BB11-2241AA486C02 (resized).jpeg4F4B75B8-9D36-4546-BB11-2241AA486C02 (resized).jpeg52DBA16D-AB07-42F0-B23A-BE2450F0108C (resized).jpeg52DBA16D-AB07-42F0-B23A-BE2450F0108C (resized).jpeg
#7493 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Top view and side view pics of that spot. Hope they help.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ohp, that's it! Not sure if it fell out or was never there - but I had a screw like that and just put it in...now it's working much better & drops the ball on the wireform correctly!

Thanks a lot!

#7494 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thanks!

The 1st T-Rex event is started by the ramp entrance opto and not by T-Rex actually catching the ball. Where as all the follow on T-Rex events require T-Rex opto in the mouth to be triggered to start the event.

You could try adjusting the "T-REX JAW HOLD POWER" (hold power of the Jaw coil each time T-Rex opens it's mouth) to see if that helps catch the ball after tripping the opto in the mouth. I haven't played with that setting myself so let us know if it helps

#7495 2 years ago

So I have only had W/B games but it seems to me that on this game the ball bounces from flipper to flipper a lot more. It’s harder to trap the ball and swap sides as well. Is it my imagination?

#7496 2 years ago

Just received the SE in and man oh man what a beauty! By far my favorite cabinet art of the 3 editions, especially the raptors in the kitchen.

Everything so far looks good other than my utter shock at the cash box not being locked down with the retaining pin (and the retaining pin no where in sight). I’ll include a picture here of what it looked like when opening coin door. Anyone see this as an obvious problem, with the cash box theoretically tumbling around inside during shipping

Also notice a bunch of black powder/dust under playfield and around coils, something I wouldn’t expect to see on a NIB. My first Stern so maybe some of this is standard, but my CGC nothing like this.

Still learning, open to opinions; is this “aw shit” or making mountains out of dimples

055B4F28-1CF4-435C-BA30-9B9BE2C20DC5 (resized).jpeg055B4F28-1CF4-435C-BA30-9B9BE2C20DC5 (resized).jpeg5153717D-5217-4E5E-BDD7-5198B15AF4A0 (resized).jpeg5153717D-5217-4E5E-BDD7-5198B15AF4A0 (resized).jpeg5384595B-BB42-4848-9868-3D5AD2EA1B22 (resized).jpeg5384595B-BB42-4848-9868-3D5AD2EA1B22 (resized).jpeg8996FA5E-DEF5-4FF5-B4D2-843F0F5B1B49 (resized).jpeg8996FA5E-DEF5-4FF5-B4D2-843F0F5B1B49 (resized).jpeg
#7497 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Just received the SE in and man oh man what a beauty! By far my favorite cabinet art of the 3 editions, especially the raptors in the kitchen.
Everything so far looks good other than my utter shock at the cash box not being locked down with the retaining pin (and the retaining pin no where in sight). I’ll include a picture here of what it looked like when opening coin door. Anyone see this as an obvious problem, with the cash box theoretically tumbling around inside during shipping
Also notice a bunch of black powder/dust under playfield and around coils, something I wouldn’t expect to see on a NIB. My first Stern so maybe some of this is standard, but my CGC nothing like this.
Still learning, open to opinions; is this “aw shit” or making mountains out of dimples
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the Club!!!

#7498 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your pin took a spill it seems

#7499 2 years ago

Thinking about selling my LE 005 as I saw the latest one go up for sale and mine is...well kicks it's ass.

I need the room for Aliens and another Pin I am eyeing and cant keep 6 machines....bundle deal with my Quasi SLE BM66

Am I high and a babbling idiot for this even being a thought??

JP Therapy is now in session.

#7500 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Thinking about selling my LE 005 as I saw the latest one go up for sale and mine is...well kicks it's ass.
I need the room for Aliens and another Pin I am eyeing and cant keep 6 machines....bundle deal with my Quasi SLE BM66
Am I high and a babbling idiot for this even being a thought??
JP Therapy is now in session.

You lose your OP

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/150?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.