(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 185.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Here's how you set a Stern game to FREE PLAY:

I actuall watched that video before posting here. Still cant figure it out.

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I actuall watched that video before posting here. Still cant figure it out.

Service Menu>ADJ>S.P.I. (standard adjustments)>scroll to #39 and edit to YES.....then exit out.

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

My machine is #242 and the artwork is relieved around the posts. No observable playfield issues here.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you very much for posting. How about where the ball guides and apron are bolted to and touch the playfiueld? Could you kindly post a pic?

Great game, I am sure you are going to love it!

#654 4 years ago

If someone can, it will be greatly appreciated prior to receiving my premium JP. I noticed on the gameplay of JP: LE during the FNO live stream

The easiest shot in the game (Trex Ramp) appears to be rejecting a lot of clean shots with the Trex head in the up and lowered position. I was hearing some talk about menu settings to calibrate the axis at which the mouth of the Trex sits to eat the ball much easier. If someone that currently has a LE and / or Premium can play around with such settings and find a standard adjustment for easier shots up that ramp, I would truly be grateful! Cheers!

#655 4 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

If someone can, it will be greatly appreciated prior to receiving my premium JP. I noticed on the gameplay of JP: LE during the FNO live stream
The easiest shot in the game (Trex Ramp) appears to be rejecting a lot of clean shots with the Trex head in the up and lowered position. I was hearing some talk about menu settings to calibrate the axis at which the mouth of the Trex sits to eat the ball much easier. If someone that currently has a LE and / or Premium can play around with such settings and find a standard adjustment for easier shots up that ramp, I would truly be grateful! Cheers!

I haven’t had any notable rejects or issues hitting my T-Rex ramp tonight. I haven’t done any specific T-Rex calibration in the menus.

I watched that FNO stream and I think they said a few times that’s they didn’t bother to level the game properly before the stream. I use Pinguy to level my pin off the playfield (glass off) right out of the box and it shoots great.

#656 4 years ago

#78 is home safely I was up all night changing the bands to Titan Orange, Game is a blast no issues to report and also my post has a nut on it so there should be no issues with the post anymore!!!

17FC348A-4EFF-407A-B8B9-6475526224C4 (resized).jpeg17FC348A-4EFF-407A-B8B9-6475526224C4 (resized).jpeg1CDC256D-7165-40C9-8BEA-5CB6F319E16B (resized).jpeg1CDC256D-7165-40C9-8BEA-5CB6F319E16B (resized).jpeg64CAEC8C-8A87-4FC3-87C8-D2871B2B7E77 (resized).jpeg64CAEC8C-8A87-4FC3-87C8-D2871B2B7E77 (resized).jpegC8EE836B-3B81-4B17-9995-ACAE32CD35EC (resized).jpegC8EE836B-3B81-4B17-9995-ACAE32CD35EC (resized).jpeg
#657 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

#78 is home safely I was up all night changing the bands to Titan Orange, Game is a blast no issues to report and also my post has a nut on it so there should be no issues with the post anymore!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The orange looks nice!

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

#78 is home safely I was up all night changing the bands to Titan Orange, Game is a blast no issues to report and also my post has a nut on it so there should be no issues with the post anymore!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Came from the factory with a nut?? Fantastic news. Saves a lot of stuffing around and will make that post rock solid.

#659 4 years ago

Anyone else notice a large number of scratches on the clear of their LE? I noticed it right out of the box. I'm not sure if putting plays on it is adding more, but they are pretty noticeable. I haven't reached out to my distro yet, I figured I'd just see if others have noticed the same.

#660 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Anyone else notice a large number of scratches on the clear of their LE? I noticed it right out of the box. I'm not sure if putting plays on it is adding more, but they are pretty noticeable. I haven't reached out to my distro yet, I figured I'd just see if others have noticed the same.

You may want to check you balls to see if they have any surface imperfections.

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

You may want to check you balls to see if they have any surface imperfections.

Thanks, but I did. The scratches were there before I even put a game on it as well.

#662 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Thanks, but I did. The scratches were there before I even put a game on it as well.

Did you take pictures, and can you share them? If I got a game nib and it had obvious scratching, I'm thinking I wouldn't put a single game on it before getting some clarification about why they're there. That's just me though.

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

9k. Damn

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

For those of you wondering if the MezelMods Raptor Pit mod will fit the LE....it does not appear to fit correctly right now.
The back pair of fence posts contact the raptor toy and impede its movement (w/ or w/o the included aluminum fence wires). Also, the left raptor pen mod does not quite match up with the screw in the plastic.
I've got a support request in w/ Kristin right now.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

We will get that fixed ASAP, heading over to a buddy’s house to figure out the change needed.

#665 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you share pictures?

#666 4 years ago

Were they scratches or buffer wheel marks that can be buffed out with some blitz wax? Pics would help

#667 4 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

Actually, post 622 in this thread, Keith explains how to make adjustments in the software as well as physically to the T-Rex head. I’ll paste it below.

“It needs to be a clean shot but in no way should be "hard". Do you have a video you can post?
There are numerous adjustments both in-menu and physically. You can fine tune the home position bias to make sure it is coming down in the center of the ramp (the last 3 game adjustments are for this)
There is also a physical height adjustment on the vertical motor bracket. The jaw should just barely make contact with the ramp. To test go into diag-game-vertical motor test. Lower the trex to the lowest position. If you hit the start button the jaw will toggle open and close.
If the ball goes into the mouth but doesn't grab try removing the spacers on the clear roof plastic at the front of the ramp. This is there to make sure the ball trips the ramp optic in order to fire the mouth magnet.”

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Actually, post 622 in this thread, Keith explains how to make adjustments in the software as well as physically to the T-Rex head. I’ll paste it below.
“It needs to be a clean shot but in no way should be "hard". Do you have a video you can post?
There are numerous adjustments both in-menu and physically. You can fine tune the home position bias to make sure it is coming down in the center of the ramp (the last 3 game adjustments are for this)
There is also a physical height adjustment on the vertical motor bracket. The jaw should just barely make contact with the ramp. To test go into diag-game-vertical motor test. Lower the trex to the lowest position. If you hit the start button the jaw will toggle open and close.
If the ball goes into the mouth but doesn't grab try removing the spacers on the clear roof plastic at the front of the ramp. This is there to make sure the ball trips the ramp optic in order to fire the mouth magnet.”

Would shipping cause inconsistencies in the T Rex calibrations? It seems odd that things aren’t squared away in sterns quality control dept.

#669 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you share pictures?

Quoted from fooflighter:

Were they scratches or buffer wheel marks that can be buffed out with some blitz wax? Pics would help

I'll put up some pics when I get home. I haven't tried waxing it yet, just using a little bit of Novus 1, and it didn't help.

#670 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Would shipping cause inconsistencies in the T Rex calibrations? It seems odd that things aren’t squared away in sterns quality control dept.

I bet most inconsistencies have to do with the games level and degree of pitch. But, yeah, shipping has done some crazy things to my games.

#671 4 years ago

I’m a stickler for a level game. I check them regularly too, because they do come out of level I’ve noticed. The game play if affected drastically by it and the pitch. So I can understand your point. Thanks

#672 4 years ago

#270 in the house!

3CD15818-0187-4F22-9919-BF4FF8537383 (resized).jpeg3CD15818-0187-4F22-9919-BF4FF8537383 (resized).jpeg
#673 4 years ago

#154 JP LE Arrived today. Everything seems great out of the box.

The helicopter blades hit the wireform when it spins, but should be easy enough to adjust. Is the helicopter easy to remove?

Time to dig in with some titan bands tonight.

#674 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

#154 JP LE Arrived today. Everything seems great out of the box.
The helicopter blades hit the wireform when it spins, but should be easy enough to adjust. Is the helicopter easy to remove?
Time to dig in with some titan bands tonight.

What advantage do the titan bands have over the stock ones? Would I notice a difference? I like the look of the orange ones in a previous post and was wondering what the advantages are.....

#675 4 years ago

Titans look better but play worse (more bounce).

#676 4 years ago
Quoted from catchlight:

What advantage do the titan bands have over the stock ones?

Color matching and I like the extra bounce.

#677 4 years ago

LE #75 Showed up today!

20190924_101614 (resized).jpg20190924_101614 (resized).jpg20190924_101500 (resized).jpg20190924_101500 (resized).jpg
#678 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

LE #75 Showed up today! [quoted image][quoted image]

JP does look really dark in comparison

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from catchlight:

What advantage do the titan bands have over the stock ones? Would I notice a difference? I like the look of the orange ones in a previous post and was wondering what the advantages are.....

Using silicone rings instead of rubber rings/posts eliminates 95% of the black ball trails on the playfield. Out of all the silicone rings I’ve tried Titans are the longest lasting and play closest to rubber. First thing I’ll do to any pin when I buy it is replace all rubber with Titans.

#680 4 years ago

Here's some pics of the scratches. In the photos it's really only noticeable near the reflection of my light, but in person it's noticeable all the time. I've already reached out to my distro who is going to speak with Stern about it. To me it seems like they didn't allow enough time for the clear to cure.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tTMuooFed9w5GS188

#681 4 years ago

so premium buyers - what side blades are you going with? Or are you going mirror? I can't decide. I think the LE blades are really nice (not LE price diff nice but nice) so I was looking at these

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/jurassic-park-stern-pro-pinball-sideblades/

EDIT - I went with the one above. It's basically the same. Borderline theft haha

#682 4 years ago

I agree, I'll most likely add a few lights to help I'm the dark areas.

Quoted from C_Presley:

JP does look really dark in comparison

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Service Menu>ADJ>S.P.I. (standard adjustments)>scroll to #39 and edit to YES.....then exit out.

Thanks! I must have been in adifferent menu.

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Here's some pics of the scratches. In the photos it's really only noticeable near the reflection of my light, but in person it's noticeable all the time. I've already reached out to my distro who is going to speak with Stern about it. To me it seems like they didn't allow enough time for the clear to cure.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/tTMuooFed9w5GS188

Yeah, good going through the distributor...that looks odd...definitely has a radial look to it, almost as if the final buffing happened with either too much pressure or heat buildup and/or debris on the wheel and started cutting into the clear...for an LE that should definitely be remedied by Stern I would think.

Was this NIB also or was it a showroom model?

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so premium buyers - what side blades are you going with? Or are you going mirror? I can't decide. I think the LE blades are really nice (not LE price diff nice but nice) so I was looking at these
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/jurassic-park-stern-pro-pinball-sideblades/
EDIT - I went with the one above. It's basically the same. Borderline theft haha

I went with these https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/jurassic-park-stern-gameblades

They really complete the caged world under glass look I wanted!

#687 4 years ago

Happy Pro owner here, just wanted to say congrats to everyone here for getting the best-designed Stern of the last 20 years. Whether our dinos grab our balls or just stare at them blankly, JP is a blockbuster pin. Can’t wait to play a Premium without a long line.

#688 4 years ago

Watching a stream of the LE made me nervous of the rejects to the Dino mouth. Can it be disabled so it functions like the Pro?

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I went with these https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/jurassic-park-stern-gameblades
They really complete the caged world under glass look I wanted!

If you're looking for the cage look, no question. They are nice but ultimately just a little too much cage for me. haha

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

Watching a stream of the LE made me nervous of the rejects to the Dino mouth. Can it be disabled so it functions like the Pro?

I'm sure it can, but at that point, just buy the Pro. These things can be dialed in for home use pretty easily.

#691 4 years ago

#332 down stairs. It’s great.

#692 4 years ago

I think the game will benefit immensely from mirror blades.
Plenty of Movement and lighting at different Heights.

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

Completely over blown. Rejects to the T-Rex are rare. The T-Rex shot isn’t meant to be easy, but it’s not too difficult. The streamers didn’t bother to level the game.

The game is a lot of fun.

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

It seems odd that things aren’t squared away in sterns quality control dept.

#695 4 years ago

#177 has arrived...

FBD7D95C-3E22-4730-A235-93C514069930 (resized).jpegFBD7D95C-3E22-4730-A235-93C514069930 (resized).jpeg
#696 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Yeah, good going through the distributor...that looks odd...definitely has a radial look to it, almost as if the final buffing happened with either too much pressure or heat buildup and/or debris on the wheel and started cutting into the clear...for an LE that should definitely be remedied by Stern I would think.
Was this NIB also or was it a showroom model?

Yeah, it definitely looks mechanical, so your hypothesis makes sense to me. I got it NIB.

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

I wouldn't worry about it... Out of probably 200 shots to the T-Rex, I've had ONE reject, and it wasn't a very clean shot either. Even shots that bounce off the ramp still go in.

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I wouldn't worry about it... Out of probably 300 shots to the T-Rex, I've had ONE reject, and it wasn't a very clean shot either. Even shots that bounce off the ramp still go in.

Thanks for the reply’s everyone, I feel much more comfortable moving forward with a Prem purchase.

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from Carz5811:

#177 has arrived...[quoted image]

Looks like you’ve already added some mods, speaker lights and flipper button lights. Happy with how it came up?

#700 4 years ago

Got my LE tonight! Overall, pretty good. It is unfortunately missing some parts on the playfield. That's a bit disappointing. I need to call Stern tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/14?hl=therookie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.