(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 185.
#7401 2 years ago

Just curious if anyone has had problems with their Jeep spinning freely during the first 20-25 games? This is basically a new machine and the jeep spun fine for the first few games, but now sticks up. I am going to dig into this over the weekend, but it seems pretty straight-forward. Page 62 in the manual shows me they have the jeep sitting on a steel post that runs through a nylon flipper bushing. Not much to it. I have picked-up some of the recommended 100% silicone spray, and will disassemble the mechanism, then hand apply a hint of the silicone to the post before I re-assemble. I am kind of baffled what could cause the jeep to stick up and away from the kinetic ball post, but will likely answer my own question after I get into it.

Just thought I'd see if anyone has walked this same path before...

#7402 2 years ago

This game is hard

#7403 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:This game is hard

I feel ya Brother

#7404 2 years ago

Markharris2000 Let me know how it goes. My jeep is starting to stick after about 2 months. I'm going to try the fix described here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/106#post-5683784 this weekend.

#7405 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

This game is hard

Put it on 5 ball, the game became a lot more fun for our family when we did this.

#7406 2 years ago

Knock, knock, can I join the club? I just got a JP Prem yesterday - my first Stern Spike game....scary!

I still have some dialing in to do and a lot to learn about the rules...but I played so much yesterday, my hands hurt!

#7407 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Knock, knock, can I join the club? I just got a JP Prem yesterday - my first Stern Spike game....scary!
I still have some dialing in to do and a lot to learn about the rules...but I played so much yesterday, my hands hurt!

Welcome to the party!!!!

#7408 2 years ago
Quoted from baxelrod:

Markharris2000 Let me know how it goes. My jeep is starting to stick after about 2 months. I'm going to try the fix described here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/106#post-5683784 this weekend.

Home Depot sells the B'laster 100% Silicone spray for $4 a can (Amazon sells a pack of three cans for $25) and you'll find it where the garage door supplies are kept.

I might install the WizardBlades I got last week while I have the glass off and playfield lifted.

Good weekend project...

#7410 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Put it on 5 ball, the game became a lot more fun for our family when we did this.

No!! Never use 5 balls. 5 balls doesn't make the fun, especially in the long run. There must remain a challenge and you must practice to get better.

3 balls!

#7411 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

No!! Never use 5 balls. 5 balls doesn't make the fun, especially in the long run. There must remain a challenge and you must practice to get better.
3 balls!

You can always switch it back to 3 when you’re better.

#7412 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You can always switch it back to 3 when you’re better.

Then it’s to late my friend, thats my point. Even kids gets bored with 5 ball games.

#7413 2 years ago

Just put down my deposit with Cointaker for a July build (hopefully!)

For those that got machines in the latest March/April round...are the coil stops still terrible? Do I need to replace before game one? Or has Stern fixed the issue?

thanks!

#7414 2 years ago

I had never thought of that! So glad my game didn't crash and burn without that fix!

#7415 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I had never thought of that! So glad my game didn't crash and burn without that fix!

Yep and this issue has become more prevalent in the newest JP runs then the previous runs. Glad you figured this one out, awesome. Thanks!!!

#7416 2 years ago

That is the greatest advice I’ve ever heard on pinside! Thanks seenev

#7417 2 years ago

I agree that you really MUST have that in your game or it just doesn't play as well...not to mention the damage you can do to your playfield.

#7418 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Then it’s to late my friend, thats my point. Even kids gets bored with 5 ball games.

All my machines are on 5..... to each their own...

#7419 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

All my machines are on 5..... to each their own...

I agree! Do whatever you want. You paid for them….I’m glad no one tells me how to put on my underwear. I’m sure that’s next though

#7420 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’m glad no one tells me how to put on my underwear. I’m sure that’s next though

Depends if u got 5 balls to stock

#7421 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

3 balls!

Either way, you're still playing with an odd number of balls.

#7422 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Either way, you're still playing with an odd number of balls.

Hehe, but you get an free ball in game! So it’s even. Not 5, not 3 but 4 is the way

#7423 2 years ago

I just dissembled and lubricated the truck assembly. it really was easy. the assembly looks scary from underneath. but you only need to remove the allen set screw and then you can remove the post. there is a really cool thrust bearing in there!

#7424 2 years ago

Please forgive my ignorance...I just received my first pin and I'm almost there...I've noticed 3 plugs that are not connected. 2 are on the coin door and the other is on the side panel near the tilt plumb bob. Are these supposed to be loose and not connected?

I sure would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance!

20210625_131023 (resized).jpg20210625_131023 (resized).jpg20210625_131036 (resized).jpg20210625_131036 (resized).jpg20210625_131045 (resized).jpg20210625_131045 (resized).jpg
#7425 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadJeff:

Please forgive my ignorance...I just received my first pin and I'm almost there...I've noticed 3 plugs that are not connected. 2 are on the coin door and the other is on the side panel near the tilt plumb bob. Are these supposed to be loose and not connected?
Thanks in advance!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks to be correct. Mine has the same.

963A2756-FA25-4224-954C-14A410B8FED8 (resized).jpeg963A2756-FA25-4224-954C-14A410B8FED8 (resized).jpegF05B80D2-6EC6-49E8-9A80-B4A857A21C52 (resized).jpegF05B80D2-6EC6-49E8-9A80-B4A857A21C52 (resized).jpeg
#7426 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Looks to be correct. Mine has the same.
[quoted image][quoted image]

THANK YOU EAGLE! I really appreciate it.

#7427 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadJeff:

Thanks in advance!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They are dongles for optional equipment - bill acceptor, slam tilt, etc.

And put your tilt bob on, cheater.

#7428 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

They are dongles for optional equipment - bill acceptor, slam tilt, etc.
And put your tilt bob on, cheater.

I saw that also...haha

#7429 2 years ago
Quoted from baxelrod:

I just dissembled and lubricated the truck assembly. it really was easy. the assembly looks scary from underneath. but you only need to remove the allen set screw and then you can remove the post. there is a really cool thrust bearing in there!

In one of the two JP Pinside conferences, there was a picture of the thrust bearing and a callout for a replacement part. I don't see it on the drawing, but if you see it, then I have a hunch my thrust bearing is defective. I will know more this weekend.

I wonder why the bearing is not shown on the diagram? (Page 62)

Jeep-Page.pdfJeep-Page.pdf

#7430 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

In one of the two JP Pinside conferences, there was a picture of the thrust bearing and a callout for a replacement part. I don't see it on the drawing, but if you see it, then I have a hunch my thrust bearing is defective. I will know more this weekend.
I wonder why the bearing is not shown on the diagram? (Page 62)
[quoted image]

Yeah, and where is the collar that goes on the end of the shaft to trip the optos in that diagram?

Also, just noticed an error. The truck is listed as #8 but it's #9 in the diagram (the rings are also appropriately labelled #9)

As far as the bearing goes, it is sandwiched between two washers.

#7431 2 years ago

I'm in a supposed July allocation for a Premium. Anyone have a rough timeline from their distributor?

#7432 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I'm in a supposed July allocation for a Premium. Anyone have a rough timeline from their distributor?

I placed my order for a December build with a deposit last Sunday and I also placed a deposit for a Mando Premium with an October build date on the same date with Shane at Maine Home Recreation. Shane notified me on Monday that Stern had a few JP Permiums available for immediate delivery. I plopped down the dough and it was delivered today! Super pumped and have been playing it all day long.

Amazed at the machine and the customer service from Shane. Thank You and I can't wait for Mando to arrive in October.

#7433 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yep and this issue has become more prevalent in the newest JP runs then the previous runs. Glad you figured this one out, awesome. Thanks!!!

I have a newer run, I noticed the og post was deleted and wasn't sure what they were talking about. Is there something I should be watching out for?

#7434 2 years ago

WizardBlades installed in my JP Premium. Notice the colors of the blades perfectly match the backboard of the playfield...

IMG_1653 (resized).jpgIMG_1653 (resized).jpgIMG_1654 (resized).jpgIMG_1654 (resized).jpgIMG_1655 (resized).jpgIMG_1655 (resized).jpgIMG_1656 (resized).jpgIMG_1656 (resized).jpgIMG_1657 (resized).jpgIMG_1657 (resized).jpg
#7435 2 years ago

WizardBlades installed in my JP Premium. Notice the colors of the blades perfectly match the backboard of the playfield...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great can you provide a link on where to buy those art blades I can’t seem to find them

#7436 2 years ago

Those are probably the best art blades for this game.

#7437 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Looks great can you provide a link on where to buy those art blades I can’t seem to find them

Google-fu points me towards: https://wizardmod.com/collections/wizblades-pinball-blades

And now… I may have to order some… haven’t even received the ones I og ordered yet lmao but these look absolutely sick with the blue gradient matching.

#7438 2 years ago

Those look great!

#7439 2 years ago

Finally done with upgrading! isn't she a beauty

6B63D76F-C0DC-45A2-BFDF-33377BC9AD7A (resized).jpeg6B63D76F-C0DC-45A2-BFDF-33377BC9AD7A (resized).jpeg
#7440 2 years ago

Just curious if anyone has had problems with their Jeep spinning freely during the first 20-25 games? This is basically a new machine and the jeep spun fine for the first few games, but now sticks up. I am going to dig into this over the weekend, but it seems pretty straight-forward. Page 62 in the manual shows me they have the jeep sitting on a steel post that runs through a nylon flipper bushing. Not much to it. I have picked-up some of the recommended 100% silicone spray, and will disassemble the mechanism, then hand apply a hint of the silicone to the post before I re-assemble. I am kind of baffled what could cause the jeep to stick up and away from the kinetic ball post, but will likely answer my own question after I get into it.
Just thought I'd see if anyone has walked this same path before...

Update:

So I decided to remove the Jeep and take a look at why it was not spinning freely. I noticed the whole assembly was pretty tight to the playfield and had NO vertical movement at all. Even by hand the jeep didn't spin very freely. I expected it to have the same kind of vertical clearance as any flipper bats since they are actually using the same flipper bushing for the Jeep.

I get my Hex wrenches out to remove the end stop, and after finding that the hex set screw is a 3/32, I put my wrench and and start to twist, and twist, and literally damaged the wrench trying to get the set screw to turn. Nope. Not having it. Run down to Home Depot and get a 3/32 hex bit, put it into my 1/4 torque wrench adapter, and again try to remove it. It's very hard, and then I hear the pop, and the screw is freely turning.

So I pull the jeep and shaft, look at the sandwich of washer and thrust bushings, and realize they all appear to be fine. The nylon flipper bushing also seems fine. So I guess it really was just be too tight against the playfield. Simply fix, right? Nope. Some over-achiever at the factory must have put the hex screw on SO tight, he/she actually created a deep crater in the flat side of the shaft, and any small movement (i.e. credit card thickness) was not possible, because the set screw wanted to slide back into the crater.

So I had two choices: 1) make the vertical space bigger so that the set screw did not line up with the old crater, or 2) file the shaft flat side to remove the crater. I choose door number 2, and in about 5 minutes, I had the flat side of the shaft flat and rid of any sign of the crater.

Now I could adjust the shaft into the nylon bushing at the standard "credit card thickness" that folks use for flipper bats, and re-assemble the whole thing. A hint of B'laster 100% silicone applied by hand to post and thrust bearing, and it all seems good... for now!

#7441 2 years ago

Update:
So I decided to remove the Jeep and take a look at why it was not spinning freely. I noticed the whole assembly was pretty tight to the playfield and had NO vertical movement at all. Even by hand the jeep didn't spin very freely. I expected it to have the same kind of vertical clearance as any flipper bats since they are actually using the same flipper bushing for the Jeep.
I get my Hex wrenches out to remove the end stop, and after finding that the hex set screw is a 3/32, I put my wrench and and start to twist, and twist, and literally damaged the wrench trying to get the set screw to turn. Nope. Not having it. Run down to Home Depot and get a 3/32 hex bit, but it into my torque wrench 1/4 adapter, and again try to remove it. It's very hard, and then I hear the pop, and the screw is freely turning.
So I pull the jeep and shaft, look at the sandwich of washer and thrust bushings, and realize they all appear to be fine. The nylon flipper bushing also seems fine. So I guess it really was just be too tight against the playfield. Simply fix, right? Nope. Some over-achiever at the factory must have put the hex screw on SO tight, he/she actually created a crater in the flat side of the shaft, and any small movement (i.e. credit card thickness) was not possible, because the set screw wanted to slide back into the crater.
So I had two choices: 1) make the vertical space bigger so that the set screw did not line up with the old crater, or 2) file the shaft flat side to remove the crater. I choose door number 2, and in about 5 minutes, I had the flat side of the shaft flat and rid of any sign of the crater.
Now I could adjust the shaft into the nylon bushing at the standard "credit card thickness" that folks use for flipper bats, and re-assemble the whole thing. A hint of B'laster 100% silicone applied by hand to post and thrust bearing, and it all seems good... for now!

Mine also had a crater n the shaft...but luckily if was in a better spot and mine spins freely...

#7442 2 years ago

My jeep was too tight, i loosened it and lubed the bearings with tiny bit of silicone. Works great now.

#7443 2 years ago

I'm getting quite a few trapped balls behind the raptor. Does anyone else have this issue? If so, any ideas for fixing it? Major pain to get the ball out of there.

20210626_153300 (resized).jpg20210626_153300 (resized).jpg
#7444 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I'm getting quite a few trapped balls behind the raptor. Does anyone else have this issue? If so, any ideas for fixing it? Major pain to get the ball out of there.
[quoted image]

Remember this i had this on my previous jp to. Think you can fix it with this mod: https://www.ulekstore.com/Barricade_MOD_for_Jurassic_Park_pinball_machine_p/barricade_mod.htm

#7445 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

[quoted image]

Love those habitrails!

#7446 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

[quoted image]

What path is the ball taking to get up there?

Also, I have a vague recollection of someone posting something similar, but can't remember if in this thread or the other.

#7447 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Remember this i had this on my previous jp to. Think you can fix it with this mod: https://www.ulekstore.com/Barricade_MOD_for_Jurassic_Park_pinball_machine_p/barricade_mod.htm

Thanks, I'll take a look!

#7448 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What path is the ball taking to get up there?
Also, I have a vague recollection of someone posting something similar, but can't remember if in this thread or the other.

When it happened today, it's bouncing off the right post at the entrance of the TRex ramp, goes in front of the tower, and in between the two plastics behind the raptor. Impossible shot right? Except it's somehow gotten stuck there about 3 times in the last 25 games.

#7449 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Love those habitrails!

Thanks! Had the wireforms and armor painted on this machine to make it unique since I knew I would have it forever next to my life size T-Rex statue display

20210626_154245 (resized).jpg20210626_154245 (resized).jpg20210626_181021 (resized).jpg20210626_181021 (resized).jpg30592 (resized).jpeg30592 (resized).jpeg
#7450 2 years ago

Almost done! T Rex tomorrow...

almost (resized).jpgalmost (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/149?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.