(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 185.
#7351 2 years ago

Welcome to page 148!

I know JP LE is an great game but why do people want it so badly now? I get messages out of the blue asking me if I still have mine and if I want to sell it. I see it selling in the marketplace for $12k. WHY?

#7352 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Welcome to page 148!
I know JP LE is an great game but why do people want it so badly now? I get messages out of the blue asking me if I still have mine and if I want to sell it. I see it selling in the marketplace for $12k. WHY?

It's that good, and one that is pretty hard to find right now in the Prem and LE model.

#7353 2 years ago

I'm not expecting my premium until September, so I'm guessing that it is yet to be built (or is a very recent build). Has any of the known problems been solved with more recent productions?

For example, is it still necessary to place a carbon washer under the upper-flipper post?
Are people still seeing problems with the tower ramp screw interference?
Do people generally need the raptor pit protector?
Are any of the other Cliffy protectors still required?

Thanks!

#7354 2 years ago
Quoted from wireable:

I'm not expecting my premium until September, so I'm guessing that it is yet to be built (or is a very recent build). Has any of the known problems been solved with more recent productions?
For example, is it still necessary to place a carbon washer under the upper-flipper post?
Are people still seeing problems with the tower ramp screw interference?
Do people generally need the raptor pit protector?
Are any of the other Cliffy protectors still required?
Thanks!

I would say that there are less issues being posted by people with new machines this year than last. While the original Pros had a different upper flipper post, this was corrected for the LE's and subsequent Prems. I've not had the post come loose (think some people have) so worth checking if you ever have the glass off. Is the carbon washer necessary? I think it's more about added protection. Not all machines have an issue with the tower ramp flap screw, it just worth checking when you get your machine. I've not got a raptor pit protector and haven't seen any damage in 18 months of playing. However it's certainly worth turning the power down on the trough kickout to avoid chipping the clearcoat in the shooter lane, again a protector can be added for extra protection.

#7355 2 years ago

I just got the pin! Great!

I have read the rules a few times so now I know what the heck is going on, but wanted to ask is there any Dino perks that you go for more than others? Any good playing tips or tricks that I should try out?

#7356 2 years ago

Well I think this turned out pretty good. Sorry to keep clogging the threat with photos. I love this pin so much!

CCF9D13A-115C-4080-B549-F18673677247 (resized).jpegCCF9D13A-115C-4080-B549-F18673677247 (resized).jpegEE1852C4-A041-40F1-9914-9437B8FE008A (resized).jpegEE1852C4-A041-40F1-9914-9437B8FE008A (resized).jpeg421A5C11-9C72-4C2C-BA76-7DC92AC2C585 (resized).jpeg421A5C11-9C72-4C2C-BA76-7DC92AC2C585 (resized).jpeg
#7357 2 years ago

Hey All, been lurking for quite a while. First post and first Pinball purchase. Was able to find a NIB Prem at a distributor a few hours away approx 10 days ago and it was delivered yesterday. Fresh of the assembly line, build date of 5/18/21! I stayed up way too late playing pinball last night. I had never played the Prem before, only the Pro, which I had put in a fair amount of games on. Glad I decided to go Prem, like the T-Rex upgrade, and the helicopter blade sound effects are a nice touch. Also got the shaker motor with this and man is that thing well worth the $100.

Thanks everyone who has posted fixes to common problems, I had an issue where my right orbits (The O) shots were not reliably registering, did the small piece of tape fix and it has registered ever since, also used the shooter lane/washer fix as my Auto Plunges were only working about 80% of the time, I think in the last 50 plunges or so only 1 has missed.

Also it's funny that since reading in extreme detail the rules of the game on the tilt forum my scores have dropped a little, time to just relax, learn the shots and the scores will come.

Shout out to little shop of Games in Florida for excellent customer service and easy transaction. Also $220 for delivery (200 miles away) and setup including going up 1 flight of stairs I thought was very reasonable.

#7358 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Hey All, been lurking for quite a while. First post and first Pinball purchase. Was able to find a NIB Prem at a distributor a few hours away approx 10 days ago and it was delivered yesterday. Fresh of the assembly line, build date of 5/18/21! I stayed up way too late playing pinball last night. I had never played the Prem before, only the Pro, which I had put in a fair amount of games on. Glad I decided to go Prem, like the T-Rex upgrade, and the helicopter blade sound effects are a nice touch. Also got the shaker motor with this and man is that thing well worth the $100.
Thanks everyone who has posted fixes to common problems, I had an issue where my right orbits (The O) shots were not reliably registering, did the small piece of tape fix and it has registered ever since, also used the shooter lane/washer fix as my Auto Plunges were only working about 80% of the time, I think in the last 50 plunges or so only 1 has missed.
Also it's funny that since reading in extreme detail the rules of the game on the tilt forum my scores have dropped a little, time to just relax, learn the shots and the scores will come.
Shout out to little shop of Games in Florida for excellent customer service and easy transaction. Also $220 for delivery (200 miles away) and setup including going up 1 flight of stairs I thought was very reasonable.

Welcome.... you picked a GREAT 1st

#7359 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Nice i also just took delivery of a Jurassic park premium. Got to say I watched a lot of videos but man it is much better being able to play as I have never played one before. No close places to play around. This game exceeds expectations, best toys, I really like the sound and the layout is unbeatable. I don’t think we will see a layout this unique for some time. I see why everyone seems to love this game it is easily one of sterns best!!

#7360 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Welcome to the zoo. You must be a Corvette guy going by your moniker

#7361 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:Nice i also just took delivery of a Jurassic park premium. Got to say I watched a lot of videos but man it is much better being able to play as I have never played one before. No close places to play around. This game exceeds expectations, best toys, I really like the sound and the layout is unbeatable. I don’t think we will see a layout this unique for some time. I see why everyone seems to love this game it is easily one of sterns best!!

I first played the pro on a trip to vegas right before COVID, then found one sorta near my house.... 45 minutes away. Had always wanted a pin so figured it was time to pull the trigger, doing it for the environment and saving gas money!

I was between this and the JJP GNR, as I am a big guns n roses fan. I went with JP as it is 3k cheaper, there is quite a backorder on them (i'm impatient) and a big part was I have never played the GNR machine and couldn't find one in the wild to play, hesitant to plunk down 10k for a machine I have never played.

zr11990 - yes sir, and I assume you are as well based on your Moniker Had a 2012, sold it few years ago then bought a 2019 Z06 since the new C8s were not going to be made in manual transmission. I'll stop there or this might go from a JP owners thread to a Corvette Owner's thread based on some of the other users names.

#7362 2 years ago

I think i know the answer, but perhaps this will serve as confirmation or maybe a PSA.

I picked up the amber shooter several months ago and found time to try and install it today. I removed the hardware from the original rod, lined up the new plate assembly, and started to hand thread one bolt. The bolt felt like it caught a thread, but was resisting rotation. I went to the screw driver, but it too was tough to rotate. Moving onto another hole, I tried to repeat everything to similar resistance. I decided to undo everything and remove the rod for inspection and found what looked like untapped holes for the bolts (the exception being my first bolt, where I think I may have forced some threads through my struggle).

Are theses holes meant to be left untapped and/or am I missing something with the install? Has anyone else made a similar observation with their rod's bolt holes?

PXL_20210619_225945911 (resized).jpgPXL_20210619_225945911 (resized).jpgPXL_20210619_230017630 (resized).jpgPXL_20210619_230017630 (resized).jpg
#7363 2 years ago
Quoted from Limdul:

I think i know the answer, but perhaps this will serve as confirmation or maybe a PSA.
I picked up the amber shooter several months ago and found time to try and install it today. I removed the hardware from the original rod, lined up the new plate assembly, and started to hand thread one bolt. The bolt felt like it caught a thread, but was resisting rotation. I went to the screw driver, but it too was tough to rotate. Moving onto another hole, I tried to repeat everything to similar resistance. I decided to undo everything and remove the rod for inspection and found what looked like untapped holes for the bolts (the exception being my first bolt, where I think I may have forced some threads through my struggle).
Are theses holes meant to be left untapped and/or am I missing something with the install? Has anyone else made a similar observation with their rod's bolt holes?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I remember when I installed mine, and it was a bear getting those screws all the way in. Not sure why the design is this way, but I think what you experienced is the same as all of us.

#7364 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I remember when I installed mine, and it was a bear getting those screws all the way in. Not sure why the design is this way, but I think what you experienced is the same as all of us.

Mine was a easy install.... piece of cake... hmm

#7365 2 years ago
Quoted from Limdul:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Those holes should be threaded from the factory. Your plate is a factory defect. If you have a Tap&Die set, you can thread it yourself.

#7366 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Mine was a easy install.... piece of cake... hmm

I stand corrected. Mine was brutal, and it was everything I could do not to strip the screws and to get them fully seated.

#7367 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I stand corrected. Mine was brutal, and it was everything I could do not to strip the screws and to get them fully seated.

Mine was also difficult to install.

#7368 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Mine was also difficult to install.

Mine was from the first run batch. No issues installing

#7369 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Those holes should be threaded from the factory. Your plate is a factory defect. If you have a Tap&Die set, you can thread it yourself.

Upvoting this because you should put this on Stern for the defect and get a new plate. I did not have this issue and mine is from I think the 2nd/3rd run. While good advice about how to thread it yourself, I don't think you should have to given what you likely paid for it. I would say DON'T ask for a new amber mold as well if you are happy with the way yours looks, just get the plate. The various runs of the mold have been hugely hit and miss. Only the first run actually looked like the mosquito intended. Almost all runs I've seen pics of since Stern changed manufacturers of that mold have been a terrible representation of Hammond's IMO (except for a few folks who seemingly got lucky with how theirs turned out).

#7370 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Upvoting this because you should put this on Stern for the defect and get a new plate. I did not have this issue and mine is from I think the 2nd/3rd run. While good advice about how to thread it yourself, I don't think you should have to given what you likely paid for it. I would say DON'T ask for a new amber mold as well if you are happy with the way yours looks, just get the plate. The various runs of the mold have been hugely hit and miss. Only the first run actually looked like the mosquito intended. Almost all runs I've seen pics of since Stern changed manufacturers of that mold have been a terrible representation of Hammond's IMO (except for a few folks who seemingly got lucky with how theirs turned out).

It’s a weird defect to be sure, and Stern should make this right and ship a new lighted plate…
but in the meantime, threading the holes yourself can allow the shooter to be installed right away.

#7371 2 years ago

My plate wasn't threaded either but the screws were enough to get the thread set in it just fine. I just pre-installed the screws when it was loose and then when I installed it, it was a piece if cake. I even have a tap and die set but didn't bother to break it out.

#7372 2 years ago

Quick question... new premium in the house. LOVING this machine!

So what is the “normal” amount of sound the T rex movement motor should make? Mine sounds like the gears are kinda grinding. But I really dont know how they should or should not sound?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Matt

#7373 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Quick question... new premium in the house. LOVING this machine!
So what is the “normal” amount of sound the T rex movement motor should make? Mine sounds like the gears are kinda grinding. But I really dont know how they should or should not sound?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Matt

normal,scared me at first too

#7374 2 years ago

Welcome to the club DanT2184

Show us ya pinnie!

#7375 2 years ago

Odd minor issue. I purchased a shooter Lane protector, once installed the lockdown bar button won't launch the ball. Lockdown bar button still functions for everything else, start game, Shoot tranq, control room etc....
It definitely is the lane protector causing the issue. Took glass off, removed lane protector, can launch ball with button, put protector back on shooter lane, can't launch ball with lockdown button.

Any thoughts?
I removed the clear plastic wrap that comes on the shooter lane, that's really all there is to it, place protector in shooter lane.

#7376 2 years ago

You need to adjust your shooter lane switch. The ball isn't making the switch close with protector.

You can test this theory by going into switch edge test.

#7377 2 years ago

The alternate sounds brought this game back from the brink for me. Awesome job. It will now stay in my collection for the foreseeable future. I am putting in the last mods like trees, maybe a goat, etc. Still need to figure out which art blades I like.

Did anyone ever figure out the T-Rex hitting the left tower? Last I tried, the travel settings did not seem to fix when T-Rex shakes his head side to side.

#7378 2 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

The alternate sounds brought this game back from the brink for me. Awesome job. It will now stay in my collection for the foreseeable future. I am putting in the last mods like trees, maybe a goat, etc. Still need to figure out which art blades I like.
Did anyone ever figure out the T-Rex hitting the left tower? Last I tried, the travel settings did not seem to fix when T-Rex shakes his head side to side.

Consider the WizardBlades. The color scheme matches the machine quite well. Feels like the OEM LE blades a bit.

#7379 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Odd minor issue. I purchased a shooter Lane protector, once installed the lockdown bar button won't launch the ball. Lockdown bar button still functions for everything else, start game, Shoot tranq, control room etc....
It definitely is the lane protector causing the issue. Took glass off, removed lane protector, can launch ball with button, put protector back on shooter lane, can't launch ball with lockdown button.
Any thoughts?
I removed the clear plastic wrap that comes on the shooter lane, that's really all there is to it, place protector in shooter lane.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You need to adjust your shooter lane switch. The ball isn't making the switch close with protector.
You can test this theory by going into switch edge test.

I agree, sounds like the thickness of the protector is not allowing the ball to depress the switch far enough.
You'll probably have to adjust(bend) the switch up a little.

#7380 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I agree, sounds like the thickness of the protector is not allowing the ball to depress the switch far enough.
You'll probably have to adjust(bend) the switch up a little.

Ahh, i see the switch, thanks for the advice Only_Pinball and J-Freeze , i will give that a try.

#7381 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Ahh, i see the switch, thanks for the advice

First thing to check is the switch itself. I had this issue on my EHOH and it turned out that the screws holding switch to the bracket were super loose. If those are tight, adjust the blade so it sits higher in the shooter lane.

#7382 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I had an issue where my right orbits (The O) shots were not reliably registering, did the small piece of tape fix and it has registered ever since,

Did you put the electrical tape on the upper or lower half of the hole? I am having a similar issue and am curious on exactly how you fixed it.

#7383 2 years ago
Quoted from Sulaco:

Did you put the electrical tape on the upper or lower half of the hole? I am having a similar issue and am curious on exactly how you fixed it.

Lower

#7384 2 years ago
Quoted from Sulaco:

as Lounge mentioned, the lower part. Here is a picture , not sure if it can go lower or not, but the position in my pic worked flawlessly I used small piece of electrical tape.
Some else mentioned somewhere you can raise the opto as a more permanent fix, i just haven't venture that far yet as you have to remove the entire opto.

OrbitOpto (resized).jpgOrbitOpto (resized).jpg
#7385 2 years ago

Can someone explain the below for Super Supply Drop? - Per the rules sheet
Amber Frenzy: The first four Super Supply Drop awards are a timed Amber Frenzy, where you can repeatedly collect your Amber Bonus by making certain shots. Note: the Amber Frenzy timer will not pause in the pops nor during game stoppages such as mode introductions.

Amber Pops: 20 seconds - so just shooting the pops awards my current amber bonus? If i shoot the pops and it hits 10 pops i get my amber bonus 10 times?
Amber Slings: 30 seconds - so hitting the slings above the flippers awards it? Same deal if ball bounces back and forth for 2 hits i get it twice?
Amber Targets: 40 seconds - what targets are these? Any standup targets on the entire playfield? Supply drops? Raptor?
Amber Ramps: 50 seconds - All the ramps or just Trex/Pternandon?

Sorry if this has been answered before just want to make sure I am shooting the correct stuff to maximize points in these modes.

#7387 2 years ago

It looks good but I still think the stock version looks pretty good and the mod is not worth the money it costs in my opinion. It's so expensive for what it is.

#7388 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It looks good but I still think the stock version looks pretty good and the mod is not worth the money it costs in my opinion. It's so expensive for what it is.

Definitely a luxury mod, but very high quality. There will always be a demand for items such as this, especially as time moves on and some of these pins change hands. Definitely not for everyone, but decided to splurge and received #55/555.

#7389 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Definitely a luxury mod, but very high quality. There will always be a demand for items such as this, especially as time moves on and some of these pins change hands. Definitely not for everyone, but decided to splurge and received #55/555.

I got 53

#7390 2 years ago

I actually prefer the shape of the stock T-Rex. Lior's version looks kind of... dopey, I suppose. Something's off with the ridge above its eyes. Agree that it's overpriced. The texture and detail is amazing, though. I considered it for a moment, but ultimately passed. Looking forward to what he has in store for the Raptor.

#7391 2 years ago

All these great posts and pictures. I am salivating awaiting my little princess. HA

She left Tel AVIV June 17th, Landed in Germany on the 18th. She had a small bite to eat and back on the plane she went flying fast to the UK. She left the UK on the 19th and landed in Miami on the 20th. Cleared customs June 21st had another small goat and went to sleep as the flight left on the 22st. Next city of call was Cincinnati on the 23rd. Looks like she is leaving today and will be landing in Dallas tomorrow. The best part is loading her into a truck and then the drive to my house. We are all waiting outside on Friday for our baby to arrive safely.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7392 2 years ago
Quoted from Inpw:

I actually prefer the shape of the stock T-Rex. Lior's version looks kind of... dopey, I suppose. Something's off with the ridge above its eyes. Agree that it's overpriced. The texture and detail is amazing, though. I considered it for a moment, but ultimately passed. Looking forward to what he has in store for the Raptor.

Yeah, it is just the eye size and shape. A bit too big and the top eyelid makes it a little bit cartoonish. But agreed, was really torn on getting it or not. Overall glad that people are doing high end mods like this and not shying away. Good for pinball and collectors. I like making my pins my own so who cares what anyone else thinks. Go for it if you like it.

#7393 2 years ago

I was going to attempt to cast an amber shooting rod with epoxy resin. Curious to see how it will turn out. I already purchased the blank threaded shooter rod from Pinball Life.

Can anyone with the official Stern Jurassic Shooter tell us the dimensions of the amber? Diameter and length? Thanks.

#7394 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I was going to attempt to cast an amber shooting rod with epoxy resin. Curious to see how it will turn out. I already purchased the blank threaded shooter rod from Pinball Life.
Can anyone with the official Stern Jurassic Shooter tell us the dimensions of the amber? Diameter and length? Thanks.

While I'm sure they vary, mine is:

53mm from front to back
43mm diameter in center at largest point
23mm diameter and flat where the rod extends out from it
Shooter.jpgShooter.jpg

#7395 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

All these great posts and pictures. I am salivating awaiting my little princess. HA
She left Tel AVIV June 17th, Landed in Germany on the 18th. She had a small bite to eat and back on the plane she went flying fast to the UK. She left the UK on the 19th and landed in Miami on the 20th. Cleared customs June 21st had another small goat and went to sleep as the flight left on the 22st. Next city of call was Cincinnati on the 23rd. Looks like she is leaving today and will be landing in Dallas tomorrow. The best part is loading her into a truck and then the drive to my house. We are all waiting outside on Friday for our baby to arrive safely.[quoted image]

BOOOm...just got text it was delivered. WOW.

#7396 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I am totally impressed even before you start! I watched a Youtube video of a guy doing exactly that, and it was so involved, I couldn't even imagine. But if you have the lathe, and the time, and some sandpapers, then it should work out fine. Again, touche' (in advance)

#7397 2 years ago

I am totally impressive even before you start!

You, my friend, are quite impressive indeed (and the humility just oozes out of you).

#7398 2 years ago

Two peas in a pod

#7399 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You, my friend, are quite impressive indeed (and the humility just oozes out of you).

I meant "Impressed", not "impressive" !! LOL

#7400 2 years ago

I meant "Impressed", not "impressive" !! LOL

Sorry, I knew what you meant but just couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/148?hl=reaper802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.