(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 185.
#7301 2 years ago

Is there anywhere I can go to learn the rules of the game? I am catching on but it is a very complicated game, unlike GnR.

#7302 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Is there anywhere I can go to learn the rules of the game? I am catching on but it is a very complicated game, unlike GnR.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

#7304 2 years ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Thanks for this information, today since my post, I have had around twenty new customers who have bought this mod. This interesting thing is mostly the spring made with the iron rod to give a realistic fly of Pteranodon when you shake your machine. I hope there is plenty of new customers on JP Machine because Stern sells this machine around the world every day. Here are a photo of my next new mods I built for this week. .
Tell me if you want it !
Regards,
Lionel.
[quoted image]

Being a new JP owner I was not aware of the previous Pteranodon mod discussion from earlier on. I bought this from Lionel, just got it last night and I love it! I like that it "moves" (bounces when machine moves) and also that it matches the plastic Pteranodon on the stock Extra Ball sign that I removed when I replaced the sign with the fossil mod from Mezel Mods. This looks like it just belongs there. Now just waiting for Lior´s T-Rex, Jeep mod that will also match the Jeep on the Retro Refurbs blade, a Tomica Ford Explorer, goat, and Tilt Topper. Also have fun playing it too, not just modding!

IMG_0282 (resized).jpegIMG_0282 (resized).jpegIMG_0284 (resized).jpegIMG_0284 (resized).jpegIMG_0286 (resized).jpegIMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
#7305 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

I found two of these in my game that I just received today. I also noticed the trex rejects the ball sometime. Any help would
Be appreciated
[quoted image]

I've found that T-Rex will reject the ball from time to time, so it depends upon how often it is happening (much harder fixing something that is random and only occurs occasionally). That said there are various T-Rex adjustment key posts that you can check out and there are a range of bias adjustments that you can make in the settings. When T-Rex opens her mouth, you may notice the head moves slightly left which is due to the back of the jaw touching the ramp as it opens however someone posted previously that they put some foam on the left ramp wall that kept her head from moving left and that it improved her catch rate. I've also noticed that the ball can be clip the ramp flap rivet on the right side, which could possibly deflect and might make it hard for T-Rex to catch the ball, although I haven't worked out how to address this.

As for the found screws, I'd suggest casting your eye over both the underside and topside of the PF - they do look similar to the screws used to hold the clear plastic over the top of the left ramp entrance (screwing into the top the posts). They may have possibly been dropped during manufacturing so you've ended up with a couple of spares.

#7306 2 years ago

Got to King of the Island for the first time since getting the game nearly a year ago. Still never gotten to Visitor's Center.

#7307 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Got to King of the Island for the first time since getting the game nearly a year ago. Still never gotten to Visitor's Center.

This game is hard. I k ow for a fact that I will never see the mini wizards much less the final mode. Could this game be the deepest code of any game?

#7308 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

This game is hard. I k ow for a fact that I will never see the mini wizards much less the final mode. Could this game be the deepest code of any game?

Deepest? Not even close. But it's a good game.

#7309 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What game is the deepest? Is it still LOTR?

#7310 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What game is the deepest? Is it still LOTR?

The Hobbit would have to be up there as well

#7311 2 years ago

I fucking suck at this game.

#7312 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Awwh! Don't feel bad - I fucking suck at EVERY game.

#7313 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It's a hard game. A little too hard in my opinion... And I love Ghostbusters.

#7314 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I’m reading the rules, it looks to be fairly deep. Maybe not the deepest but it’s got a butt load of code.

#7315 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m reading the rules, it looks to be fairly deep. Maybe not the deepest but it’s got a butt load of code.

I still want to know what the deepest stern game is. I don’t care about JJP after GNR.

#7316 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I still want to know what the deepest stern game is. I don’t care about JJP after GNR.

LOTR, but can feel samey after a time, and longgggggg ball times, so it gets old in a small collection.

#7317 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Tspp?

#7318 2 years ago

I bet this Stern has pretty deep rules . . .

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7319 2 years ago

TSPP is deep but if you just plow through the modes and not worry about finishing them it’s pretty easy to get to the end. Once I figured that out I kind of lost interest. Yes there is way more to the game than getting to the end but still. LOTR, I never got anywhere near the end and I was never going to even with looooong ball times. JP, I can’t keep the ball for any length of time at all. I love the game and it’s a keeper but sometimes I want to strangle that T-Rex.

#7320 2 years ago

Batman 66 is a good one.... keeps me challenged for sure...

#7321 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Batman 66 is a good one.... keeps me challenged for sure...

Ok, I poo pooed that game when it came out because it looked so simple and bare but the code and the video make it awesome.

Some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb

#7322 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Ok, I poo pooed that game when it came out because it looked so simple and bare but the code and the video make it awesome.
Some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb

I didnt get mine until Catwoman edition....I believe there were many code updates to get it where it is now.... Keep hoping they give Munsters some love....

#7323 2 years ago

Look what just drove to my house from China! Teeing up my weekend mod project!

jeep (resized).jpgjeep (resized).jpg
#7324 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Look what just drove to my house from China! Teeing up my weekend mod project!
[quoted image]

Where did you get that

#7325 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Where did you get that

Ebay - ordered from China about a month ago. Be sure you get a 1/43 scale. Sent you a PM.

#7326 2 years ago

Thanks

#7327 2 years ago

I just realized you could play escape nublar. It kicked my ass good.

#7328 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I just realized you could play escape nublar. It kicked my ass good.

Wish some other pins would allow you to play the wizard mode. I played my Stern Potc got to wizard mode once ever and lasted all of 30 seconds.

#7329 2 years ago

Hi - Curious what people are setting their flipper power to. Factory settings seem a bit too powerful as I am getting some rocking of the ball up the ramps / control room / helipad.

#7330 2 years ago

I left mine on factory but my bubble is all the way to the top

#7331 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I left mine on factory but my bubble is all the way to the top

Been discussed multiple times and confirmed by the Keith Elwin (the creator) that this pin is designed to be set at 7.0 degrees of pitch. You can set it to anything you want, but the shots will not be correct unless set at 7.0 degrees.

#7332 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Been discussed multiple times and confirmed by the Keith Elwin (the creator) that this pin is designed to be set at 7.0 degrees of pitch. You can set it to anything you want, but the shots will not be correct unless set at 7.0 degrees.

Is that why I suck so badly? Ill adjust it tonight.

#7333 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Is that why I suck so badly? Ill adjust it tonight.

Well, it might be one of the contributing factors.

#7334 2 years ago
Quoted from Sulaco:

Hi - Curious what people are setting their flipper power to. Factory settings seem a bit too powerful as I am getting some rocking of the ball up the ramps / control room / helipad.

235 seems to be a landing spot for many of us.

#7335 2 years ago

Markharris2000 seems i have no sound issue at all… It’s just an combination 8ohm/file/speakers. Heard another le and sounds the same. So all good, thanks for your input anyway!

#7336 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Markharris2000 seems i have no sound issue at all… It’s just an combination 8ohm/file/speakers. Heard another le and sounds the same. So all good, thanks for your input anyway!

Yes, the sound needs some adjusting. I have a premium but upgraded the speakers to the same ones that come in the LE. Took some tinkering with the equalizer settings, but was able to improve the sound significantly.

#7337 2 years ago

Got the goat from modfather but it’s to big for me, where can i find an smaller one

AF3C5EF0-4DF1-4CB7-93DE-BD921B32547B (resized).jpegAF3C5EF0-4DF1-4CB7-93DE-BD921B32547B (resized).jpeg
#7338 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Got the goat from modfather but it’s to big for me, where can i find an smaller one [quoted image]

That's the size we are all using.

ebay.com link: itm

#7339 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

7.99 for a plastic goat? Fuck me.

#7340 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hmm, size seems the same, can u share picture? Thnx

#7341 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Hmm, size seems the same, can u share picture? Thnx

That was my point . . . it's the same size. Might even be the same goat Modfather is using. Here is mine that I painted in his pen (idea is that the pen is in process of lowering) that I created myself.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7342 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

7.99 for a plastic goat? Fuck me.

Yea, and modfather does it X 5

#7343 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Yea, and modfather does it X 5

Well, he did paint the black spots on the goat for you, and the chain will cost you another $6 on Amazon.

#7344 2 years ago

This one was Free from the toy box!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7345 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, he did paint the black spots on the goat for you, and the chain will cost you another $6 on Amazon.

Expensive chain then but I'm not complaining, I'm happy with modders as modfather!

#7346 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Expensive chain then but I'm not complaining, I'm happy with modders as modfather!

Comes in a set with enough length to do 4 or 5. I wanted black, so just went with it without looking around too much.

#7347 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Got the goat from modfather but it’s to big for me, where can i find an smaller one [quoted image]

I had the same thought, goat to big for my taste. So I ordered a smaller playmobil goat from eBay and just received it. Plan to paint and install this weekend.

22B2EFCD-A0C5-46FA-A638-E083DD462FC7 (resized).jpeg22B2EFCD-A0C5-46FA-A638-E083DD462FC7 (resized).jpeg
#7348 2 years ago

The only thing that really bugs me about the Prem/LE models is that dam eyesore space behind T-Rex head when it’s moves, argh.

So I know machines are about individual taste and not everyone is going to like and agree but I came up with a decent solution that has been working for about 40 games now. Photo was taken with the machine off so the leds don’t wash out the photo.

134AE1DD-A688-4FA8-B378-BD6547FB5693 (resized).jpeg134AE1DD-A688-4FA8-B378-BD6547FB5693 (resized).jpeg
#7349 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The only thing that really bugs me about the Prem/LE models is that dam eyesore space behind T-Rex head when it’s moves, argh.
So I know machines are about individual taste and not everyone is going to like and agree but I came up with a decent solution that has been working for about 40 games now. Photo was taken with the machine off so the leds don’t wash out the photo.[quoted image]

Now you need to light it up: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/175#post-6039886

#7350 2 years ago

Oh yeah that's already done with a 12v warm led light strip, I also used a variable adjustment POT to adjust the brightness as I have them hooked up to a constant 12v source. They can be bought off of Amazon for a few bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MK1SKRT

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/147?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.