(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 185.
#7251 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm going to buy a nib premium, is there anything that I need to be aware of out of the box?

Order Cliffys now....

#7252 2 years ago

I could not find the adjustment for Shaker Motor anywhere in the menu. Is it in game or feature adjustments? Anyone know the number? Thank you!

#7253 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Order Cliffys now....

For what

#7254 2 years ago

shooter lane and outhole at minimum

#7255 2 years ago

What outhole?

#7256 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What outhole?

Where the ball goes when you drain. I can't recall if they started doing a beveled edge on SPIKE games or not, but that area tends to get chipped up.

I'm pretty sure I put one on mine

#7257 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

shooter lane and outhole at minimum

And the 3rd flipper post....

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/JP3-LE-full001.jpg

#7258 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Where the ball goes when you drain. I can't recall if they started doing a beveled edge on SPIKE games or not, but that area tends to get chipped up.
I'm pretty sure I put one on mine

Ok, I was starting to think I was crazy, there is no outhole on mine. Has anyone had issues with these PF shipping?

#7259 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Has anyone had issues with these PF shipping?

Do you mean chipping? If so I don't believe there has been much of any issues with that since Stern redid the artwork removing art from under the posts. I think this was early on as well with the initial release (pro's and LE's I believe)

#7260 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm going to buy a nib premium, is there anything that I need to be aware of out of the box?

You'll likely be fine. I've purchased two NIB JP Premiums (Aug2020 and May2021 builds), and not an issue of any type with either. First had the thick clear coat, second had the thinner playfield finish. Both were perfect for me. I had no issues with gadgets, guides, ramps or Trex, or anything else. Some folks had a few minor issues, and a couple had some kind of major issue (like the TREX head not working), but MOST people find their machines just fine out of the box.

My suggestion, buy it, and then when it arrives add a few protectors and then enjoy.

#7261 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

You'll likely be fine. I've had two NIB JP Premiums (Aug2020 and May2021 builds), and not an issue of any type with either. First had the thick clear coat, second had the thinner playfield finish. Both were perfect for me. I had no issues with gadgets, guides, ramps or Trex, or anything else. Some folks had a few minor issues, and a couple had some kind of major issue (like the TREX head not working), but MOST people find their machines just fine out of the box.
My suggestion, buy it, and then when it arrives add a few protectors and then enjoy.

I love the game.I cant stop playing it. It kicks my ass though.

#7262 2 years ago

I haven't had problems with mine. Has been holding up very well.

#7263 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I haven't had problems with mine. Has been holding up very well.

Cool. Have heard of chipping issues.... easy cheap insurance...

#7264 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Cool. Have heard of chipping issues.... easy cheap insurance...

I feel like I got lucky with my game overall. I haven't had any issues with the T-REX or other mechs, no playfield issues, have had to make few, if any adjustments, haven't even had to replace coil stops even. It was my first NIB from Stern and overall, I was very happy with the game. *knockonwood*

Pretty much what one would expect from a new game.

#7265 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I feel like I got lucky with my game overall. I haven't had any issues with the T-REX or other mechs, no playfield issues, have had to make few, if any adjustments, haven't even had to replace coil stops even. It was my first NIB from Stern and overall, I was very happy with the game. *knockonwood*
Pretty much what one would expect from a new game.

Same... zero issues so far. Been really lucky with all 3 of my NIB Stern games....

#7266 2 years ago

Hi JP Fam!

I was curious if any of you experienced either of the the two issues:

-T-Rex opto sensors not recognizing a skill shot / MAP letter / Rescue intermittently. This has happened a few times during the past several games where sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. I ran switch tests on both opto sensors and both were recognized every time (ran the ball forwards and backwards). Same for the right loop opto sensor; intermittent registering, but switch tests are positive. I haven't been able to successfully NOT make them register. Seems to be random.

-Is it possible to perform a combo so quickly that the second combo is not registered?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

#7267 2 years ago
Quoted from Sulaco:

Hi JP Fam!
I was curious if any of you experienced either of the the two issues:
-T-Rex opto sensors not recognizing a skill shot / MAP letter / Rescue intermittently. This has happened a few times during the past several games where sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. I ran switch tests on both opto sensors and both were recognized every time (ran the ball forwards and backwards). Same for the right loop opto sensor; intermittent registering, but switch tests are positive. I haven't been able to successfully NOT make them register. Seems to be random.
-Is it possible to perform a combo so quickly that the second combo is not registered?
Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks!

Yes, if the opto beam is hitting low on the playfield then the bottom (narrow) point of the ball on the playfield can cross it so fast that the beam isn't broken. Check these posts out for some info and suggestion on a fix. There have also been a fair number of recent posts about the same issue with the orbit opto on the new batch of JP2 deliveries.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/56#post-5312034

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/62#post-5321884

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/65#post-5328473

#7268 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd suggest turning the trough kickout to its minimum setting to avoid damage to the shooter lane - some also suggest installing a shooter lane protector as additional insurance. The other thing to check is the left screw on the tower ramp flap (shot from the upper flipper) and whether the ball can clip the head of the screw - if it does then grind a bit off the head, or replace the screw with a different type or the ramp flap can be replaced with a Cliffy carbon fibre adhesive protector.

Other than that, just start playing it and having fun - depending upon how it plays, there are various common issues such as not making the helicopter ramp from one or both of the plungers, ball hangs on the one way gate above the spinner, T-Rex catch issues ... but firstly see how your game plays.

Enjoy!

#7269 2 years ago

How many of you have made all the shots in the skill shot and how many times. I have done it twice in the 5 days I have had the machine.

#7270 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How many of you have made all the shots in the skill shot and how many times. I have done it twice in the 5 days I have had the machine.

You've hit all 4 in 5 days? Man, i can't get past #3, but been sooooooo close

#7271 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You've hit all 4 in 5 days? Man, i can't get past #3, but been sooooooo close

Yes but now I can’t hit the second one.

#7272 2 years ago

#7273 2 years ago

I've hit 4 a whole bunch of times, but I don't even know what shot #5 is!

#7274 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I've hit 4 a whole bunch of times, but I don't even know what shot #5 is!

I have hit 4. I didn’t know there were 5. Damn.

Something to shoot for I guess. I love this game. It’s a keeper. And to think, I almost got turtles instead.

#7275 2 years ago

Has anyone punched the glass out of their JP?

#7276 2 years ago

2014 I was able to buy STLE for less money than the current JP premium. Several price hikes and far less negotiation room. To be fair the new pins have color display that we had to pay extra for on the older machines. I’m still glad the pinball industry is so strong that we have half a dozen (or more) very excellent pins in the last few years.

#7277 2 years ago

Has anyone else noticed after playing that the T-Rex motor housing in the back gets pretty hot. I’m thinking of adding a 12v cooling fan to the housing.

#7278 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Has anyone else noticed after playing that the T-Rex motor housing in the back gets pretty hot. I’m thinking of adding a 12v cooling fan to the housing.

Mine gets very hot also. When I first got my game I was making some adjustments and couldn't believe how hot it got.

#7279 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine gets very hot also. When I first got my game I was making some adjustments and couldn't believe how hot it got.

can you add a little lithium grease? I know the rule about grease and oil on a pin but the gear boxes for w/b pins had grease in them. I have taken them apart and cleaned and regressed them.

#7280 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I have done it only three times. I have been going for the secret skill shots recently.

#7281 2 years ago

I posted this in the JP thread but thought I'd add here also. My young son has taken a liking to "streaming" pinball and JPLE is up next. Aimed towards kids, but you may enjoy also

Still getting my head around the production, any feedback welcomed.

#7282 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Just turning the machine on and not even playing yet, that rear motor box begins to build up heat and get hot. Well I added a small 12v cooling fan now so lets see how this goes, if it reduces the heat by 50% that would be great.

#7283 2 years ago

Has anyone replaced the ugly black rubbers and posts with silicone? I did this last night and it makes one hell of a difference.

#7284 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Has anyone replaced the ugly black rubbers and posts with silicone? I did this last night and it makes one hell of a difference.

That was one of the first things I did

#7285 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I replaced all rubbers and my ring kit is in Titan's database (czumwalt).

#7286 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

2014 I was able to buy STLE for less money than the current JP premium. Several price hikes and far less negotiation room. To be fair the new pins have color display that we had to pay extra for on the older machines. I’m still glad the pinball industry is so strong that we have half a dozen (or more) very excellent pins

Dang....guess thats next on my list

#7287 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is your's "Chris Z" ? all the others in the database are annon except for Phillip. It's a shame there are no pics of any of them, do you have some pics of your game in this thread?

#7288 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Is your's "Chris Z" ? all the others in the database are annon except for Phillip. It's a shame there are no pics of any of them, do you have some pics of your game in this thread?

I’m with you! Pics would be very helpful

#7289 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Yes, that is mine.

I have posted pics in the other JP thread - search "Titan" and my name.

For those who haven't figured out the thread search tool yet, let me do it for you
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tq=titan&tu=Mr_tantrum

#7290 2 years ago

This is also why it sucks that 2 clubs started.
Either double posts or its only in 1 club...
Too late now.

#7291 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

This is also why it sucks that 2 clubs started.
Either double posts or its only in 1 club...
Too late now.

Yeah, I'm constantly having to think where to put what I want to say based upon what versions it applies to.

#7292 2 years ago

It’s terrible having two clubs.

Almost as bad the ST club is to include all the various ST pins not just Stern ST.

#7293 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not to burst your bubble on the Pteranodon mod, but this has been a thing for well over a year now using the Papo Pteranodon, so I doubt you'll get any takers. Some of us have even painted ours blue to match the pin's art.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/179#post-6059089

Thanks for this information, today since my post, I have had around twenty new customers who have bought this mod. This interesting thing is mostly the spring made with the iron rod to give a realistic fly of Pteranodon when you shake your machine. I hope there is plenty of new customers on JP Machine because Stern sells this machine around the world every day. Here are a photo of my next new mods I built for this week. .
Tell me if you want it !

Regards,

Lionel.

IMG_0743[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0743[1] (resized).JPG
#7294 2 years ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Thanks for this information, today since my post, I have had around twenty new customers who have bought this mod. This interesting thing is mostly the spring made with the iron rod to give a realistic fly of Pteranodon when you shake your machine. I hope there is plenty of new customers on JP Machine because Stern sells this machine around the world every day. Here are a photo of my next new mods I built for this week. .
Tell me if you want it !
Regards,
Lionel.
[quoted image]

How much is this

#7295 2 years ago

Tell me if you want it !
Regards,
Lionel.
[quoted image]

It might be good for you to work with one of the distributors here in the USA and have them purchase in quantity and then ship for customers in the USA. Shipping from Europe is expensive and take so much time. If you could send 20 of them to Mezel or Little Shop (or any other USA based mod vendor), they would add to their catalog and people would add to orders for other stuff, and save on combined shipping. I place orders all the time with places like that and would love to see your mod on any one of their sites next time I place an order.

#7296 2 years ago

Tell me if you want it !
Regards,
Lionel.
[quoted image]

Sweet, I'm glad you're getting some business (this is a nice easy mod that adds to the look of the game, IMO). I was just concerned that since the mod idea had been out for quite some time that those who liked it would have already done it. However, there will always be those who prefer to buy things ready to go instead of having to do a full DIY, so kudos to you for making this one available to JP owners.

You may run into issues finding the Papo Pteranodons as time goes on, as this is the same thing occurring with the helicopters and Jeeps. Funny how the launch of a pinball machine has impacted supply/demand on these toys.

#7297 2 years ago

I found two of these in my game that I just received today. I also noticed the trex rejects the ball sometime. Any help would
Be appreciated

EBB9E558-4531-4F95-9C4E-A1D1502C1D01 (resized).jpegEBB9E558-4531-4F95-9C4E-A1D1502C1D01 (resized).jpeg
#7298 2 years ago

Just received a few days ago, loaded in the movie code, tightened up the upper flipper post, leveled and set for 7 degrees and got the coil settings where I like em and removed a screw from the tower ramp thing replacing with mylar. This thing is great, thanks for all the helpful posts.

RMJP (resized).jpgRMJP (resized).jpg
#7299 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

I found two of these in my game that I just received today. I also noticed the trex rejects the ball sometime. Any help would
Be appreciated
[quoted image]

Free screws!

#7300 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yeah, I'm constantly having to think where to put what I want to say based upon what versions it applies to.

I asked to merge but got zero response.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.