(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 185.
#6951 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Initial observation on my April 2021 build versus my August 2020 machine: The playfield finish is very different. Whereas the August 2020 machine had a thick layer of clearcoat which made the entire surface of the playfield appear like a sheet of glass, the newer build has a thin layer of clearcoat, where you can visibly see the inserts and decals with some dimension when looking at an angle. Still a beautiful machine, just surprising that they have settled on the thin clearcoat to resolve the pooling issues some people experienced in the past. (Feels like trading one set of issues for a different set of issues)

mine is the same but I have zero dimples with around 500 plays. NO pooling or dimples, yes please, give me thinner clear.

#6952 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I have the thin clearcoat on my LE (2020). I can see the wood grain. However no dimpling or wear with over 2000 plays.

Thats how my November 2019 is too

#6953 2 years ago

I called the local guy on Friday and he had it in stock. Just installed the shaker and amber knob this AM.

#6954 2 years ago
Quoted from Datsun1500:

I called the local guy on Friday and he had it in stock. Just installed the shaker and amber knob this AM.

Nice....I have my amber rod waiting for me....along with a few other mods....lol

#6955 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Nice....I have my amber rod waiting for me....along with a few other mods....lol

I had an amber lighted shooter rod just waiting to be installed in my JP, and it turns out Mr_Tantrum has a great Jurassic Park themed shooter rod plate he mentioned a couple months ago that look great in person. It's available with and without the LED cutouts. Peel and stick. 8-)

#6956 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I have the thin clearcoat on my LE (2020). I can see the wood grain. However no dimpling or wear with over 2000 plays.

I bet if you look closely you will see dimples. Mine has very thin clear but the dimples are pretty small. It's definitely an improvement over my GB which had really, really bad dimpling.

#6957 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I bet if you look closely you will see dimples. Mine has very thin clear but the dimples are pretty small. It's definitely an improvement over my GB which had really, really bad dimpling.

Oh I'm sure I could find faint ones. Nothing compared to Stranger Things though. Wow. That thing looks like the backside of the moon.

#6958 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Thats how my November 2019 is too

Oops fixed the build date in my post. Sept 2019.

#6959 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Gees..... been waiting for my Prem. for 6 months. Still didn't hear anything. They keep saying its shipping next week. How long ago and who did you guys order from.

My distributor is telling me this week, hopefully we get our premiums soon.

#6960 2 years ago

Joined your club last night, picked up my nib in oregon at next level. 9 hour round-trip but well worth it. What a fantastic pin!! Many mods to install today, shooter and topper on order. Topper will look great along with the rest!

20210512_174520 (resized).jpg20210512_174520 (resized).jpg
#6961 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Joined your club last night, picked up my nib in oregon at next level. 9 hour round-trip but well worth it. What a fantastic pin!! Many mods to install today, shooter and topper on order. Topper will look great along with the rest!
[quoted image]

Where did you get that MET topper?

#6962 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image]

Nice set-up! Is the JP behind those pins?

Joined the Club this week as well - finding it hard to concentrate on work with the JP sitting in my basement calling my name.

#6963 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Nice set-up! Is the JP behind those pins?
Joined the Club this week as well - finding it hard to concentrate on work with the JP sitting in my basement calling my name.

Jp on other wall, no topper yet so hiding

#6964 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Where did you get that MET topper?

Its a one off from tilt I was lucky to find used here

#6965 2 years ago

Any word on Toppers shipping?

#6966 2 years ago

Does the audio lag for anyone else in this game? Like callouts get behind what's going on at the moment?

#6967 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Does the audio lag for anyone else in this game? Like callouts get behind what's going on at the moment?

Not that I've noticed - are they specific callouts or all of them? Are you running the stock code or the custom audio/video version?

#6968 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Not that I've noticed - are they specific callouts or all of them? Are you running the stock code or the custom audio/video version?

I'm on stock code. Sometimes when a lot is going on the callouts seem to get behind. Like if the Trex gets into position, it might say "shoot the Trex" find seconds later. It seems like it queues callouts sometimes if there's multiple things to say at once.

#6969 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

My distributor said late May.

#6970 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm on stock code. Sometimes when a lot is going on the callouts seem to get behind. Like if the Trex gets into position, it might say "shoot the Trex" find seconds later. It seems like it queues callouts sometimes if there's multiple things to say at once.

It's normal. The callouts are priority based. Things to do that are timed are a higher priority than announcing you got an extra ball for example. Callouts just get stacked in a queue and the system eventually gets to them but sometimes it's quite delayed.

Hitting the control room lock(staring control room) sometimes takes a long time because the system catches up on all outstanding calls.

#6971 2 years ago

I'm getting about 40% rejects on auto launch, ball wont make full loop. Have tried up and down with power, now at 200. Any adjustments needed to the ramp to help? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

#6972 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm getting about 40% rejects on auto launch, ball wont make full loop. Have tried up and down with power, now at 200. Any adjustments needed to the ramp to help? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Check post #1396 for a fix suggestion.

#6973 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Check post #1396 for a fix suggestion.

Thanks!! So much info here, hard to digest it all

#6974 2 years ago

I’m in the club! Any hot tips/mods? It’s got a shaker and the original movie sound/vid clips.

#6975 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I have a topper on order too. Many can't wait and are paying North of $1,000.

#6976 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I’m in the club! Any hot tips/mods? It’s got a shaker and the original movie sound/vid clips.

Lots of mods available, but my favorites are: the stern lighted amber shooter rod, mr_tantrum’s shooter plate 3D insert, the control room plastic by vlek, the raptor pit fence by mezelmods, and the lighted flipper buttons kit and the 4-piece neon green protector plastics for the slings and inlanes you can get at PBL. Lots of other cosmetic mods can be found pretty easily. That said, there are a couple of fixes people general apply, including shooter lane protectors by Cliffy, swapping the left screw in the tower ramp, adding a washer to the left fork in the shooter lane, and adding a nylon or Cliffy carbon fiber washer under the third flipper post washer.

Keep reading this thread for more ideas…

#6977 2 years ago

Lots of mods available, but my favorites are: the stern lighted amber shooter rod, mr_tantrum’s shooter plate 3D insert, the control room plastic by vlek, the raptor pit fence by mezelmods, and the lighted flipper buttons kit and the 4-piece neon green protector plastics for the slings and inlanes you can get at PBL. Lots of other cosmetic mods can be found pretty easily. That said, there are a couple of fixes people general apply, including shooter lane protectors by Cliffy, swapping the left screw in the tower ramp, adding a washer to the left fork in the shooter lane, and adding a nylon or Cliffy carbon fiber washer under the third flipper post washer.

what does the left screw in tower ramp and 3d flipper washer do?

#6978 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

what does the left screw in tower ramp and 3d flipper washer do?

The left screw in the tower ramp flap usually interferes with the tower shot. The ball touches it as it passes. You can grind it down or replace with a shallower screw so the ball can pass smoothly by.

The third flipper post takes a beating, loosens up can begin to damage the play field. Many folks add a nylon or carbon fiber washer between the play field and washer to allow a good solid tight post without damaging the play field.

#6979 2 years ago

The left screw in the tower ramp flap usually interferes with the tower shot. The ball touches it as it passes. You can grind it down or replace with a shallower screw so the ball can pass smoothly by.
The third flipper post takes a beating, loosens up can begin to damage the play field. Many folks add a nylon or carbon fiber washer between the play field and washer to allow a good solid tight post without damaging the play field.

Good to know, thanks. Just picked my premium up last week so will add these to the list.

#6980 2 years ago

Another "fix" is upgrading to the orange shooter rod spring. If you buy the amber rod it comes with it, otherwise it is worth upgrading for more consistent launches.

As far as the mods I offer, you can see some in the Pinside Market but I list everything here: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/pinball

#6981 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Another "fix" is upgrading to the orange shooter rod spring. If you buy the amber rod it comes with it, otherwise it is worth upgrading for more consistent launches.
As far as the mods I offer, you can see some in the Pinside Market but I list everything here: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/pinball

Your shooter plate really compliments the amber shooter. I highly recommend it to anyone with the bug to add mods to JP!!

IMG_1610 (resized).jpgIMG_1610 (resized).jpgIMG_1611 (resized).jpgIMG_1611 (resized).jpg

#6982 2 years ago

Your shooter plate really compliments the amber shooter. I highly recommend it to anyone with the bug to add mods to JP!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I dont see the shooter plate on the list...?

#6983 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I dont see the shooter plate on the list...?

It's in the Pinside Market, but forgot to add it to my list - all updated now.

#6984 2 years ago

Notice the LED lighted flipper buttons from PBL? They are a perfect match in color to the LED amber shooter if you have Margaret send the translucent Yellow buttons with her BrightButtons LED kit. They are an easy install and plug into the Ticket connector on the node board.

#6985 2 years ago

Notice the LED lighted flipper buttons from PBL? They are a perfect match in color to the LED amber shooter if you have Margaret send the translucent Yellow buttons with her BrightButtons LED kit. They are an easy install and plug into the Ticket connector on the node board.

Do you have a picture?

#6986 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

I have a topper on order too. Many can't wait and are paying North of $1,000.

Are more toppers available? Are Stern making more?

#6987 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Do you have a picture?

You can see the amber rod and the lighted flipper buttons in these pictures.

IMG_1610 (resized).jpgIMG_1610 (resized).jpg

IMG_0407 (resized).jpgIMG_0407 (resized).jpg
#6988 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

.... original movie sound/vid clips.

THIS ^^

#6989 2 years ago

I know so many people just joined the club, but if anyone is ready to move on let me know. I'm looking for a premium in southern nj

#6990 2 years ago

Silly question but.... I am ready to swap the sling rubber rings, mainly for color, but also a little bit for the feel. I know manuals are notorious for being wrong, but the Stern manual (Pg 37) shows these 2.5" rings, and yet the actual rubber installed SEEMS to be a 3-inch ring when I removed and measured it. I tried putting 2.5" rings on and they were very tight, and yet the 3-inch factory rings seem just a hint loose to me.

What size is everyone else replacing those with. I was thinking of Titan's.

#6991 2 years ago

Silly question but.... I am ready to swap the sling rubber rings, mainly for color, but also a little bit for the feel. I know manuals are notorious for being wrong, but the Stern manual (Pg 37) shows these 2.5" rings, and yet the actual rubber installed SEEMS to be a 3-inch ring when I removed and measured it. I tried putting 2.5" rings on and they were very tight, and yet the 3-inch factory rings seem just a hint loose to me.
What size is everyone else replacing those with. I was thinking of Titan's.

Silicone or poly rings will feel tight and may need leaf adjustments on the slings. I use standard white 2.5” rubber on the slings and the colorful stuff for 1” and under - keeps my life simpler and I prefer the feel of old-school rubber on the lower part of the playfield.

#6992 2 years ago

I put the spacer nut under left side of shooter lane and still getting rejects on auto plunge. Strength is at 160 now, seems to be best. I've tried all power settings. Any ideas? Taller or shorter nut? I've watched it over and over and can't seem to see the problem. Thx for any help

#6993 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put the spacer nut under left side of shooter lane and still getting rejects on auto plunge. Strength is at 160 now, seems to be best. I've tried all power settings. Any ideas? Taller or shorter nut? I've watched it over and over and can't seem to see the problem. Thx for any help

Is the ball (in the shooter lane) resting against both sides of the auto-plunger? Some people have needed to bend them such that the ball is cradled evenly

#6994 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Is the ball (in the shooter lane) resting against both sides of the auto-plunger? Some people have needed to bend them such that the ball is cradled evenly

Yes , I've had to adjust that on other games but this is good here. Thx tho

#6995 2 years ago

Its probably 20% rejecting , but drives me nuts!!

#6996 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its probably 20% rejecting , but drives me nuts!!

Any rejects on the manual plunger?

#6997 2 years ago

Very few, but I've only been using auto trying to dial it in

#6998 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Very few, but I've only been using auto trying to dial it in

If the manual plunger is making the ramp but not the auto, then I'd say that the fork in the shooter lane is ok and doesn't need to be adjusted any more. IIRC there was a post where someone had to adjust entire auto mech as it wasn't straight in line with the shooter lane.

The other thing is are you using standard carbon steel balls or chrome/mirror finish balls? The latter can become magnetised and there has been at least one case where this caused issues with making the shooter lane ramp. Test each ball individually to see one or more consistently fail

#6999 2 years ago

Just put new balls in today. Game is a week old, but I never use the stern balls very long. Same results tho,, maybe ill go spread the shooter a bit to see if that helps. Thx for the suggestions

#7000 2 years ago

Welcome all the new owners to the world of JP. It's going to be one exciting ride.

Mods oh Mods...I went crazy.....just ask @tantrum . HAHA

Post up some high scores .

Have a great day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.