(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0972 (resized).jpeg
20231204_220043 (resized).jpg
IMG_1088 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1089 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,189 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 184.
#6801 2 years ago

I ordered my Premium December 29 with an estimated delivery in March later narrowed down to the fourth week of March which came and went with no delivery. I was told Stern was waiting on parts, but a few will soon ship. I took delivery April 13.

I'm enjoying the game and only found one minor issue and another possible issue. The Start button didn't work. It didn't even light up. I played for hours using the action button to start games before I figured out that the inside of the start button, the actual button part, was dangling inside the machine. I connected it back together and that fixed that.

My potential issue is T-Rex. He functions perfectly and while moving vertically he has the typical small motor sound, but he seems awfully noisy when moving horizontally. Like he's straining with gears grinding. I sent a video to Stern support to get their opinion. I hope it's not normal because it's loud and sounds like it's on a path to failure - after warranty of course. I have the games volume loud to cover up the noise. I'm moving it using a flipper button while in diagnostics.

My only quibble is that white flasher lamp on the left which is blinding. It's worse than my F-14 Tomcat. There's an option in the adjust menu to reduce the brightness, but it's not enough. I finally took that clear dome off and temporarily popped a red insert I had lying around in it's place. I'll either be replacing the dome or the led board with blue depending what I can find.

The game is fun and makes my old "Fast and Furious" F-14 Tomcat seem geriatric, but that's another topic.

I installed the over priced Jurassic Park topper with a slight modification. Here is a pic. Don't be cruel.

jp wih topper (resized).jpgjp wih topper (resized).jpg
#6802 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Really depends upon you as to whether to let it go ... have to mastered the game and it's now too easy, or is the game too unforgiving for you, or is the money offer to good to give up, ... but looking at your collection (which is pretty impressive), what would you replace it with? And if you did sell it, and then realise that it's a game you'd like back in your collection you can always pickup a NIB Premium given they are still making them (yes I know it's not quite the same as an LE). It's really what are you going to be happy with??
Now for me, I'm not letting mine go anytime soon ... and similar to you I have been offered more than what I paid for it on several occasions

I guess it’s a combo of the cash & making room for something new. I think Godzilla might be great and Toy Story too. Among my collection JP just doesn’t quite have the theme integration (yes I have the custom audio/video) or the smoothness of a DP. And the game becomes very repetitive once you master the shots (rescues over & over & over) and then more rescues. I guess time will tell if I made the right decision depending on how I feel down the road.

#6803 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I ordered my Premium December 29 with an estimated delivery in March later narrowed down to the fourth week of March which came and went with no delivery. I was told Stern was waiting on parts, but a few will soon ship. I took delivery April 13.
I'm enjoying the game and only found one minor issue and another possible issue. The Start button didn't work. It didn't even light up. I played for hours using the action button to start games before I figured out that the inside of the start button, the actual button part, was dangling inside the machine. I connected it back together and that fixed that.
My potential issue is T-Rex. He functions perfectly and while moving vertically he has the typical small motor sound, but he seems awfully noisy when moving horizontally. Like he's straining with gears grinding. I sent a video to Stern support to get their opinion. I hope it's not normal because it's loud and sounds like it's on a path to failure - after warranty of course. I have the games volume loud to cover up the noise. I'm moving it using a flipper button while in diagnostics.

My only quibble is that white flasher lamp on the left which is blinding. It's worse than my F-14 Tomcat. There's an option in the adjust menu to reduce the brightness, but it's not enough. I finally took that clear dome off and temporarily popped a red insert I had lying around in it's place. I'll either be replacing the dome or the led board with blue depending what I can find.
The game is fun and makes my old "Fast and Furious" F-14 Tomcat seem geriatric, but that's another topic.
I installed the over priced Jurassic Park topper with a slight modification. Here is a pic. Don't be cruel.[quoted image]

I dunno. My Trex motor is pretty loud but I don't think it's that bad. I've never gotten that close to it though. That sort of grinding sound is concerning.

#6804 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I installed the over priced Jurassic Park topper with a slight modification. Here is a pic. Don't be cruel.[quoted image]

My sounds the same. When I emailed stern a while back about it they said it’s normal. Had a buddy test his as well and it sounded the same. I tend to run my pins on the louder side and don’t really notice it now especially with the glass on of course. Let us know if stern says anything about it or if you find a way to make it less noisy. Thanks

#6805 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I can't say for sure about the T-Rex noise because I've never had it out like that to listen to it while it moved, but the noise in your video seems very similar to the noise mine makes when it moves horizontally during game play... but much quieter with the playfield in and glass on So it's just my thought but the noise in your video didn't strike me as odd.

I replaced the white flasher dome with a yellow dome and I've really liked it. The white flasher right there was too bright for my liking. It was a really easy swap. Here's the one I got. Just had to trim one of the screw tabs off but it was easy to do.

https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-mini-light-domes-with-screw-tabs.html

#6806 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

That's frustrating to me. I ordered in Oct and the best they can tell me is that JP is on the line being made....

#6807 2 years ago

Thanks for you comments folks. I have a feeling Stern will tell me it's normal. The reason I got concerned is because it was so loud with the glass on. If the noise is normal, I'm going to call it a poor design choice. If they can make vertical movement nice and quiet - sounding like a normal small electric motor - then T-Rex shouldn't sound like he is chewing broken glass when moving horizontally and I shouldn't have to crank up the volume so I won't have to listen to this grinding. I don't mean to make a big deal over it. It just had me concerned and I wanted to look in to it rather than worry about it. I will post again when Stern tells me it's normal. Here's another video through the glass with the volume off. Does everybody's sound like this?

Thanks EaglePin. I've found those and already have blue in my cart.

#6808 2 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

That's frustrating to me. I ordered in Oct and the best they can tell me is that JP is on the line being made....

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who gets one when. Odd that you ordered two months before me yet I got mine first. Maybe I got your machine? I can't imagine that who you ordered from would make a difference. I ordered from Cointaker. (I hope you didn't or I see you being more than frustrated.)

#6809 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who gets one when. Odd that you ordered two months before me yet I got mine first. Maybe I got your machine? I can't imagine that who you ordered from would make a difference. I ordered from Cointaker. (I hope you didn't or I see you being more than frustrated.)

I definitely ordered from a smaller vendor than Cointaker. I'm beginning to get suspicious that my order may not have been submitted to Stern when I placed (AND PAID) for it. It took 4 weeks of "reminders" once per week to get the shaker and shooter I also bought at the same time shipped to me when I still thought early April was a possible arrival date (I ordered the shooter and shaker, which he had in stock when I ordered, at the same time as the machine and just received them 2 weeks ago).

#6810 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I put a small piece of green gel plastic over the led o. That flasher. Looks nice now, that clear used to blind me.
Also, please take the toys off that topper!

#6811 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I put a small piece of green gel plastic over the led o. That flasher. Looks nice now, that clear used to blind me.
Also, please take the toys off that topper!

I dunno, I like the toys. Having a brachiosaur humping an ankylosaur or a triceratops (either side) really brings home the "nature always finds a way" theme of JP

#6812 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

Thanks for you comments folks. I have a feeling Stern will tell me it's normal. The reason I got concerned is because it was so loud with the glass on. If the noise is normal, I'm going to call it a poor design choice. If they can make vertical movement nice and quiet - sounding like a normal small electric motor - then T-Rex shouldn't sound like he is chewing broken glass when moving horizontally and I shouldn't have to crank up the volume so I won't have to listen to this grinding. I don't mean to make a big deal over it. It just had me concerned and I wanted to look in to it rather than worry about it. I will post again when Stern tells me it's normal. Here's another video through the glass with the volume off. Does everybody's sound like this?

I’ve had my premium for about a year now and it definitely does not sound like that

#6813 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I got mine a year ago and it for sure does not sound like that

#6814 2 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

I definitely ordered from a smaller vendor than Cointaker. I'm beginning to get suspicious that my order may not have been submitted to Stern when I placed (AND PAID) for it. It took 4 weeks of "reminders" once per week to get the shaker and shooter I also bought at the same time shipped to me when I still thought early April was a possible arrival date (I ordered the shooter and shaker, which he had in stock when I ordered, at the same time as the machine and just received them 2 weeks ago).

Most times a distributor buys in batches. So even though you bought and paid your distributor, that distributor may have been collecting more orders which had the effect of adding weeks or longer before he placed the order with Stern. In some cases, distributors SPECULATE that they can sell a qty ofmachines, so they order them from Stern in advance of having firm orders in hand. (That takes alot of money commitment up front). In some cases distributors order smaller batches with orders in hand. The scenerios are all over the board, but I think VERY FEW IF ANY of the possibilities include a distributor buying one at a time from Stern the day you pay them for it.

Stern ultimately turns around and schedules/prioritizes deliverys of their volume constrained machines based on (mostly) the order in which the orders were received and/or the relationships that affect the most longer-term business for them. (They keep their best customers happy)

#6815 2 years ago

I heard back from Stern and was told all that noise T-Rex is making is normal. There was an attached note from the engineering department that was both helpful and not.

Notes from engineering:

“The switch homing sequence runs at sub-50% speed to get better switch accuracy. As a result, you can hear the motor step pulses more easily, hence the “GRINDING noise. It should only do this when entering the test menus, after the interlock is pulled, or after it goes into 'sleep mode' during attract where it disables stepper power to keep the heat down.”

They explain very well as to why it makes the noise, but then go on to say when it will make the noise. I keep re reading "It should only do this when...". The circumstances mentioned don't seem to be applicable when playing a game. Ah well, I'm going to live with it for now. If it's going to fail I'm sure it will fail before six months go by since I'm in the game room every day. Despite the noise, T-Rex does work correctly. He homes fine, catches the ball, drops it on the ramp or throws it. He's just noisy about it.

Apparently, you guys have faulty T-Rex's if they aren't grinding and growling like mine.

#6816 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I heard back from Stern and was told all that noise T-Rex is making is normal. There was an attached note from the engineering department that was both helpful and not.
Notes from engineering:
“The switch homing sequence runs at sub-50% speed to get better switch accuracy. As a result, you can hear the motor step pulses more easily, hence the “GRINDING noise. It should only do this when entering the test menus, after the interlock is pulled, or after it goes into 'sleep mode' during attract where it disables stepper power to keep the heat down.”
They explain very well as to why it makes the noise, but then go on to say when it will make the noise. I keep re reading "It should only do this when...". The circumstances mentioned don't seem to be applicable when playing a game. Ah well, I'm going to live with it for now. If it's going to fail I'm sure it will fail before six months go by since I'm in the game room every day. Despite the noise, T-Rex does work correctly. He homes fine, catches the ball, drops it on the ramp or throws it. He's just noisy about it.
Apparently, you guys have faulty T-Rex's if they aren't grinding and growling like mine.

I guess it's ok then? I mean I doubt Stern would say "no that's not normal we'll send you a new one." unless it was flat out not working instead of making concerning noises. Keep an eye on it.

#6817 2 years ago

Adding this to the control room plastic was my answer for that awful white flasher. Couldn't get it on fast enough lol. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/02808-control-room-alt-plastic-piece-mod-for-jurassic-park

#6818 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Adding this to the control room plastic was my answer for that awful white flasher. Couldn't get it on fast enough lol. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/02808-control-room-alt-plastic-piece-mod-for-jurassic-park

Just to offer another option, here is my answer . . . warning self-promoting link below

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106545
barbasol.gifbarbasol.gif

#6819 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just to offer another option, here is my answer . . . warning self-promoting link below
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106545
[quoted image]

This was my answer. Now I just need the machine to put it on....

#6820 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I did this also. That white light is brutal.

#6821 2 years ago

There are at least 4 mods I have seen referenced on this thread for that damn blinding control room flasher, in my order of elegance (IMHO):
1) The 3D printed Barbasol can by Mr_Tantrum (far and away the most elegant and engineered and exciting answer)
2) The ULEK store's simple replacement plastic with screened printing (laser cut and screened replacement for the clear plastic)
3) The single-tab half starburst dome cover, in Yellow/Amber (a $1-$2 item, #03-8662-16, and carefully trim one tab off)
4) The 906 flasher replacement with a Yellow/Amber 906 (a $1 bulb available individually in a few places, part # 906Y)

No matter what mod you choose, choose something before you go blind!!!

#6822 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

There are at least 4 mods I have seen referenced on this thread for that damn blinding control room flasher, in my order of elegance (IMHO):
1) The 3D printed Barbasol can by Mr_Tantrum (far and away the most elegant and engineered and exciting answer)
2) The ULEK store's simple replacement plastic with screened printing (laser cut and screened replacement for the clear plastic)
3) The single-tab half starburst dome cover, in Yellow/Amber (a $1-$2 item, #03-8662-16, and carefully trim one tab off)
4) The 906 flasher replacement with a Yellow/Amber 906 (a $1 bulb available individually in a few places, part # 906Y)
No matter what mod you choose, choose something before you go blind!!!

I did #3 before I created #1. I bought a few colors (red/yellow/green), and I think I went with green. I ended up swapping the yellow one by the chopper on the right to red.

#6823 2 years ago

Hi,
Where to find this led board 520-8407-00?
Thanks

#6824 2 years ago

If you want to replace the single LED "flasher" boards, you can do so using this Comet Matrix part: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/matrix-smd-pcb

Just cut off the connector, strip the wires, and solder/splice into original feed wire. Or, solder/splice the opposite connector where current board is and now you have a plug-n-play option for easily trying different colors.

#6825 2 years ago

Another (self made) mod for the control room light. The led is inside the egg and makes the egg flash so you can see the body of the dino baby inside. Love it.

ABFC7A2E-E388-4F9E-A647-2D0FD254C800 (resized).jpegABFC7A2E-E388-4F9E-A647-2D0FD254C800 (resized).jpeg
#6826 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If you want to replace the single LED "flasher" boards, you can do so using this Comet Matrix part: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/matrix-smd-pcb
Just cut off the connector, strip the wires, and solder/splice into original feed wire. Or, solder/splice the opposite connector where current board is and now you have a plug-n-play option for easily trying different colors.

Just wanna buy a new board. I guess it is possible to replace it, doesn’t it?

#6827 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Another (self made) mod for the control room light. The led is inside the egg and makes the egg flash so you can see the body of the dino baby inside. Love it.
[quoted image]

That would be awesome if it were completely contained too. So when it flashed it was like putting a flashlight on an egg and seeing an embryo. Would use red/orange light for it to look like it's inside a real egg. That would be an amazing mod

#6828 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry, I wasn't answering you. I was following up to the 2 posts above yours in reference to the left (and right) dome flashers.

#6829 2 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

That would be awesome if it were completely contained too. So when it flashed it was like putting a flashlight on an egg and seeing an embryo. Would use red/orange light for it to look like it's inside a real egg. That would be an amazing mod

Do you mean a closed complete egg? That is not complicated. Just put in the led and an embryo from the back of the egg. However, red lights might be too dark to make the embryo visable.

#6830 2 years ago

Hi,
Where to find this led board 520-8407-00?
Thanks

Your local distributor should be able to order it from Stern for you.

#6831 2 years ago

The comet part *IS* a new board. Stern machines have the single-LED PCB soldered with two-wires, so you MUST unsolder the old board, and swap in the new Stern or comet board. If you bought the Stern OEM part, you STILL need to solder it in! (The only difference in the two parts is the Comet part has two wires that must be cut off or unsoldered first, PLUS the Comet costs $1 and the Stern costs TEN TIMES more).

#6832 2 years ago

Sippin’ on gin and juice..... never mind

#6833 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Sippin’ on gin and juice..... never mind

You should be sippin on a Green Dinosaur...

https://mixthatdrink.com/green-dinosaur/

Or a Jurassic World...

https://tipsybartender.com/recipe/jurassic-world-cocktail/

#6834 2 years ago

#6835 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The comet part *IS* a new board. Stern machines have the single-LED PCB soldered with two-wires, so you MUST unsolder the old board, and swap in the new Stern or comet board. If you bought the Stern OEM part, you STILL need to solder it in! (The only difference in the two parts is the Comet part has two wires that must be cut off or unsoldered first, PLUS the Comet costs $1 and the Stern costs TEN TIMES more).

My issue is not the led but a scratch on the board that makes the led out of service. I need to resolder some tracks AGAIN. Hope i could buy a new one.

#6836 2 years ago

Ok, don't laugh! The "escape light" on my JP Premium was blinding me. Looked on line and really didn't want to spend a lot on colored domes, etc., so looked around the house and happened to find a rubber washer with a strainer attached (see pic). It fit perfectly and when I started the game it muted it just enough but still very white and noticeable. The rubber on the washer is black on the machine, not blue.
Reed

Pic (resized).jpgPic (resized).jpgWasher (resized).jpgWasher (resized).jpg
#6837 2 years ago

Helicopter blades sluggish? Tried everything this thread has to offer but no joy?

I had blades that would turn slowly and stop wherever. I thoroughly cleaned the assembly, removed the helicopter body and that sensor under the playfield. I saw someone had replaced their Thrust Bearing with a metric one. Didn't seem right since the manual refers to 1/4". I found the correct size over at Servocity.com (https://www.servocity.com/1-4-thrust-bearing/). Works perfect now. The blue one is the new one.

Thrust bearings (resized).jpgThrust bearings (resized).jpg
#6838 2 years ago

I'm considering buying a JP Prem from the shipment that is due in Australia in July. Just wondering what improvements/fixes have been made to manufacturing of these since the first release?
Is the post in front of the upper flipper still an issue and suffering playfield damage due to the pounding it gets? and the balls in front of the jeep?
What has Stern's playfield quality been like lately? pooling/chipping?
Any other ongoing issues with JP Prem I should be aware of?

#6839 2 years ago

I've gotten used to the noise my T-Rex makes. I guess all that noise really is normal. She has been operating fine since the machine was delivered five days ago - until today. A new issue with her unrelated to the noise occurred and it was a real PITA to fix.

My son was playing a game. T-Rex lowered her head and opened her mouth. My son shot the ball straight in. She caught it and kept it. And I mean she kept it. She refused to let it go. She thrashed her head and whipped up and down, but she never opened her mouth. We started a new game and the machine was unhappy because it was missing a pinball. We completed that game and T-Rex still had the ball. I went into the menus to test and she still wouldn't open up. I do have Tim's code loaded (no praise can do it justice (if you're in to hip hop he's good)), but no way could that cause this. Still, I popped in the original code anyway, (the first rule of trouble shooting is what ever you changed, change it back), and T-Rex continued to enjoy sucking on that ball. Only one thing to do - surgery.

We started to dismantle her to look for a loose wire or a mechanical problem. We ended up removing her completely of course. We carefully collected all the tiny screws and parts including one that had suspiciously fallen into the plastic trough. I wasn't sure where that screw belonged, but would figure it out during reassembly. Upon taking her apart we found out where that screw had come from. This was the screw that held the plunger to the jaw slider frame. Hard to believe that it had fallen out after only five days. When looking at the diagram of the slider assembly, the manual actually has a note pointing to the screw that says "locktite 243". Apparently, the person who put this thing together didn't read the manual or maybe ran out of the thread locker as there was no sign of locktite on the screw or the plunger. We put a tiny drop of blue on all of the screws when we reassembled so T-Rex is good to go. She is now fully recovered eating and spitting out balls like a premium T-Rex should.

So there you go. If your T-Rex's jaw stops working you now have an idea of what to look at. I will say that in getting this close a look at the T-Rex that it is pretty clear that the wires to the opto are a weak point. They flex every time the jaw opens and closes. I suspect that they will eventually fail. At least I know what to look at first when the opto stops working.

#6840 2 years ago

So it seems like the first round or Premiums got delivered to new buyers! Congrats. Is there any info regarding a second batch being released soon as previously mentioned in earlier posts? I’m in line with my distributor and was hoping there is a second wave. I don’t mind waiting but I mind if it’s going to be months as opposed to weeks. (Been waiting since beginning of January). Any info would help. I tried my distributor but no luck on any info.

#6841 2 years ago
Quoted from RabanzZ28:

So it seems like the first round or Premiums got delivered to new buyers! Congrats. Is there any info regarding a second batch being released soon as previously mentioned in earlier posts? I’m in line with my distributor and was hoping there is a second wave. I don’t mind waiting but I mind if it’s going to be months as opposed to weeks. (Been waiting since beginning of January). Any info would help. I tried my distributor but no luck on any info.

I've been waiting for months now and am being told its on the construction line so should be soon.... I hope so. My patience is stretching thin

#6842 2 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

I've been waiting for months now and am being told its on the construction line so should be soon.... I hope so. My patience is stretching thin

I am still being told last week of April.....

#6843 2 years ago

I placed my order the end of December for a March delivery. March 31 quote from my distributor, “Stern is still waiting on parts, but I think a few will be ready to ship this week”. Mine was shipped April 5. If Stern has truly been waiting on parts then perhaps more machines will soon be out the door. I know that’s kind of vague. Sorry.

#6844 2 years ago

Thanks all. Hopefully we are all new members of the JP family soon! Keep us updated!!

#6845 2 years ago

Just got word mine is shipping today (from Stern direct to me since there seemed to be some disagreement on that process earlier)! I'm excited.

Anyone got a rough idea of how long it usually takes to show up?!

EDIT: Just got a call from FedEx freight. Set up for Thursday. They had to wait for a smaller truck with a liftgate to get into my neighborhood.

#6846 2 years ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I placed my order the end of December for a March delivery. March 31 quote from my distributor, “Stern is still waiting on parts, but I think a few will be ready to ship this week”. Mine was shipped April 5. If Stern has truly been waiting on parts then perhaps more machines will soon be out the door. I know that’s kind of vague. Sorry.

There appears to have been a batch of JP's built March 31-April 2. I suspect they had enough parts for that batch which must have been sizable to warrant starting the JP line up again, knowing full well there would be a pause in JP production waiting for JP specific parts. Two weeks ago, my distributor got 10 of the 20 units he had ordered.

I am thinking their production scheduler must be pulling their hair out these days... and everytime I see the Port of Los Angeles pictures of traffic in the shipping lanes and cargo ships all waiting to unload for days or weeks, I picture a container of servo motors, wire-ramps and T-Rex heads just waiting to get on a truck to Illinois!

#6847 2 years ago

Just got mine today from a local distributor.

DDDA5A72-8037-41B6-B421-9739AE4FF0BC (resized).jpegDDDA5A72-8037-41B6-B421-9739AE4FF0BC (resized).jpeg
#6848 2 years ago

I also got mine today. Looks and plays great so far.

#6849 2 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

I also got mine today. Looks and plays great so far.

Does yours have clear washers under the posts?

#6850 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I'm considering buying a JP Prem from the shipment that is due in Australia in July. Just wondering what improvements/fixes have been made to manufacturing of these since the first release?
Is the post in front of the upper flipper still an issue and suffering playfield damage due to the pounding it gets? and the balls in front of the jeep?
What has Stern's playfield quality been like lately? pooling/chipping?
Any other ongoing issues with JP Prem I should be aware of?

Hey @rat
- the first Pros had artwork under the posts that had lots of issues, this was addressed in the LE's (hence all the Prems and subsequent Pros). The artwork is removed from under the posts and they added a black ring that surrounds the post.
- The upper flipper post was replaced at the time of the LE's with a more secure version. Seems to have done the job but worthwhile checking the post isn't lose whenever you have the glass off (a lose post will cause PF damage).
- The left ramp protector was replaced sometime after the LE's to narrow the opto light beam. This ensures ball that have a bit of air going up the ramp are still detected.
- there are some minor things that needed adjusting earlier on but you may not have these, such as the manual plunger spring should be orange (as per the manual) but the factory seem to use the green spring; ball hang on spinner just needs a slight adjustment; ball hang in the pops just needs a small adjustment to the gate; ball fails to make the heli U-ramp requires an adjustment to the metal fork in the shooter lane and/or adjustment to the plungers; ball fails to make the tower U-ramp as the ball clips the ramp flap screw requires grinding the screw head or replacing the screw or replacing the ramp flap with a Cliff carbon fibre ramp flap; shooter lane chipping from ball coming out of the ball trough just requires reducing the coil power and/or putting a shooter lane protector on; the raptor gate may not be perfectly aligned with the hole in the PF and just needs an adjustment (I've only had to deal with half of these)
- over time the jeep (newton ball) can get a bit sluggish in turning but typically fixed with stripping and cleaning the mech
- T-Rex can have various issues (some easier than others to fix) but most have had no issues at all. Overall it's an impressive mech that the kids love
- there doesn't seem to be as many reports of chipping/pooling in the more recent games produced. One of the issues was the factory were over tightening the ball guides and aprons, so still worth checking when you get your game

Well that's a brain dump on JP but at the end of the day I feel the depth, shot layout, and game play make this one of, if not, the best machine out there

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 9,189 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.