(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 185.
#6751 3 years ago
Quoted from Casey_Bryson:

Yeah I saw those, guess they are out of the orange ones or never carried them. There are these ones from Playfield protectors, but with shipping it comes out to ~$75 US and I think they are the same size and don't stick out like the ones on Mezel Mods site for that nice orange glow look:
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/QWpmkJB0V0yT_qGOLSRORw?catgoryid=32&name=Jurassic%20Park%20%28Premium%29%20%7C%202019%20%7C%20Colored%20Plastic%20Set%20-%20Small%20Set
There is free shipping if you order over $400, but that would take a bulk order.
I e-mailed Kristin @ Mezel Mods to see if they are planning on restocking them and waiting on a reply.

Wait for the orange ones to be restocked. They really look good on this pin.

#6753 3 years ago

That’s what he’s looking at. They are currently out of stock.

#6754 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

That’s what he’s looking at. They are currently out of stock.

Sorry, I missed the Mezel part. There may be an alternate source for such a thing, but I have to make some calls.

#6755 3 years ago

I think the guys in Germany sell them in six different colors. Who knew? LOL

#6756 3 years ago

So, I have a means to produce a set of orange plastic protectors for the lower slings and return lane guides similar to what others are offering. I'd like to know if someone can contact Mezelmods to see if/when they will be offering more, and if they will not be making more of if it will be in the distant future, then I would like to know how many would be interested in purchasing a set for around $25-$30.

If enough people are interested and if Mezel cannot supply them, then we will move forward and create a set available for purchase.

#6757 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, I have a means to produce a set of orange plastic protectors for the lower slings and return lane guides similar to what others are offering. I'd like to know if someone can contact Mezelmods to see if/when they will be offering more, and if they will not be making more of if it will be in the distant future, then I would like to know how many would be interested in purchasing a set for around $25-$30.
If enough people are interested and if Mezel cannot supply them, then we will move forward and create a set available for purchase.

I sent MezelMods a note just now and will advise their reply.

#6758 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I sent MezelMods a note just now and will advise their reply.

Great, let us know when you hear something.

#6759 3 years ago

They are back in stock at Mezel Mods. Just placed my order! Thanks all!

1 week later
#6760 3 years ago

I just got an updated shipping date (from my distributor) on my JP Premium of somewhere around April 27th. I guess the global materials and container shipping issues are affecting everything!!!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/americas-imports-are-stuck-on-ships-floating-just-off-los-angeles-11617183002

#6761 3 years ago

Mine arrived on Wednesday!

#6762 3 years ago

Mine is shipping to me on Monday!

#6763 3 years ago

That stinks Mark. Not to rub it in, but mine arrived Friday, a week earlier than anticipated. I've never played it before and so far it's living up to"classic" and "knocked it out of the 'Park" status. Currently playing till I get tired then modding, playing, adjusting T-Rex, modding, playing, ajusting shooter lane, modding ad naseum lol.

#6764 3 years ago

I hadn't played mine much in recent months but I've had some fun with it lately. Got the amber skooter knob, which really looks great. I wish the game was a little easier though. I've never made it past like the fourth paddock.

#6765 3 years ago

What notification did you guys get when it shipped?

#6766 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I hadn't played mine much in recent months but I've had some fun with it lately. Got the amber skooter knob, which really looks great. I wish the game was a little easier though. I've never made it past like the fourth paddock.

Switch to 5 balls until you get the shots down better

#6767 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

What notification did you guys get when it shipped?

I purchased JP through Jason at CGR. When he has the machine IN HAND from Stern, he requests balance due, and then once that is paid, I get an email with tracking number when he ships. Usually takes 24 hours for the tracking number to become live at the freight company website.

#6768 3 years ago

I received my Stern lighted shooter rod last week and am qoeking on installing this morning. The instructions Stern sent me I don't think are for this shooter rod, though.

The instructions I received says don't remove the two hex wood screws at the bottom of the plunger mounting plate inside the cabinet. However, the JP rod comes with its own plate and it won't fit with the attached cord through the standard plunger hole.

It looks like I need to remove the wood screws as well and attach the new JP plate to make this work but want to confirm with those that have already done this that maybe received good instructions from Stern first.... also, where does it attach into the board to light up once everything is installed?

20210411_115355 (resized).jpg20210411_115355 (resized).jpg
#6769 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I received my Stern lighted shooter rod last week and am qoeking on installing this morning. The instructions Stern sent me I don't think are for this shooter rod, though.
The instructions I received says don't remove the two hex wood screws at the bottom of the plunger mounting plate inside the cabinet. However, the JP rod comes with its own plate and it won't fit with the attached cord through the standard plunger hole.
It looks like I need to remove the wood screws as well and attach the new JP plate to make this work but want to confirm with those that have already done this that maybe received good instructions from Stern first.... also, where does it attach into the board to light up once everything is installed?[quoted image]

I just installed mine the other day and I also got generic instructions that were wrong. You do need to remove those screws.

I forget the exact location where it plugs in but there's another thread on here you can Google to see where it is. It's on the bottom of that pcb on the left cabinet wall.

#6770 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It looks like I need to remove the wood screws as well and attach the new JP plate to make this work but want to confirm with those that have already done this that maybe received good instructions from Stern first.... also, where does it attach into the board to light up once everything is installed?[quoted image]

Route the wires through each of the slots on the new mounting plate before screwing it on. I think there is only one plug on the lower left board that fits the connector.

#6771 3 years ago

Yes remove the two wood screws and replace the plate with the new one and it plugs into your cabinet Node board

7B1630AB-34C8-4421-906A-4E5BEA213BA1 (resized).jpeg7B1630AB-34C8-4421-906A-4E5BEA213BA1 (resized).jpeg
#6772 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Yes remove the two wood screws and replace the plate with the new one and it plugs into your cabinet Node board
[quoted image]

Thanks guys! Do those wood screws screw back in tightly after being removed? I started unscrewing one and stopped as there was a lot of wood dust coming off. Because of the included instructions saying dontvremove those hex screws, I got nervous and posted here wanting to make sure.

I wish Stern would include the proper instructions with these things. Last time it was my shaker that included the wrong instructions.

#6773 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks guys! Do those wood screws screw back in tightly after being removed? I started unscrewing one and stopped as there was a lot of wood dust coming off. Because of the included instructions saying dontvremove those hex screws, I got nervous and posted here wanting to make sure.
I wish Stern would include the proper instructions with these things. Last time it was my shaker that included the wrong instructions.

I didn't have any problem putting the screws back in. I don't remember any wood dust though.

It's amazing how bad Stern documentation is. I work in documentation and I always think about how this stuff wouldn't fly at my job.

#6774 3 years ago

Thankfully we have a community to ask I’ve been here many times myself looking for answers

#6775 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yes, it's plywood not MDF.

#6776 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just adding to what seenev and Pinman502 have provided - the connector is CN15 on the bottom of the Cabinet Node board (it might be labeled as spare LEDs)

#6777 3 years ago

I purchased JP through Jason at CGR. When he has the machine IN HAND from Stern, he requests balance due, and then once that is paid, I get an email with tracking number when he ships. Usually takes 24 hours for the tracking number to become live at the freight company website.

Oh, I thought they were drop shipped from Stern

#6778 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Oh, I thought they were drop shipped from Stern

Drop shipping would make sense, but I believe they ship to distributors first, and then the distributor takes care of getting it to the customer. (My machines have always been shipped from Georgia, where CGR is located).

#6779 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

One tip which may help some folks out when they try to install the amber shooter rod...

*BEFORE* you take the shooter plate off your machine, use Painters blue tape on the OUTSIDE of the cabinet very carefully marking the exact place that the shooter plate was installed at the factory. Line the edges of the blue tape up with the edges of where the plate meets the cabinet. Make sure the tape is sticking to the cabinet ONLY, and that you do all four sides. (Be kinda precise with the tape because if the blue tape is touching the metal at all, it will probably get stuck under the new plate during re-assembly). THEN install the amber shooter plate by removing the whole back plate, and for re-assembly, match the new shooter plate to the edges of where the blue tape is outlining the location.

#6780 3 years ago

One tip which may help some folks out when they try to install the amber shooter rod...
*BEFORE* you take the shooter plate off your machine, use Painters blue tape on the OUTSIDE of the cabinet very carefully marking the exact place that the shooter plate was installed at the factory. Line the edges of the blue tape up with the edges of where the plate meets the cabinet. Make sure the tape is sticking to the cabinet ONLY, and that you do all four sides. (Be kinda precise with the tape because if the blue tape is touching the metal at all, it will probably get stuck under the new plate during re-assembly). THEN install the amber shooter plate by removing the whole back plate, and for re-assembly, match the new shooter plate to the edges of where the blue tape is outlining the location.

That's a good idea. When I installed mine it was wobbly until I tightened it up, but I had to eyeball it as far as making it level.

Is the fake mosquito supposed to be in the very center of the amber egg? Mine looks OK but it's definitely more to the side. From some angles it looks better than others.

#6781 3 years ago

Thanks for the shooter rod tips everyone. I got it installed today. My only concern is that I may have stripped the wood hex screw areaa bit as they didn't really tighten up fully when I tried screwing them back in. It seems secure enough, though, as the other three screws tightened up well and seemed to secure the plate.

I'm assuming it is normal for the rod to flash off and on with the game, right? I thought it would be illuminated all the time. It is when not playing but goes off and on during game play.

#6782 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks for the shooter rod tips everyone. I got it installed today. My only concern is that I may have stripped the wood hex screw areaa bit as they didn't really tighten up fully when I tried screwing them back in. It seems secure enough, though, as the other three screws tightened up well and seemed to secure the plate.
I'm assuming it is normal for the rod to flash off and on with the game, right? I thought it would be illuminated all the time. It is when not playing but goes off and on during game play.

I think it lights up during the game when you hit amber targets.

#6783 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yes, the LEDs pulse and dim with the gameplay.

#6784 3 years ago

<blockquote cite="#My only concern is that I may have stripped the wood hex screw areaa bit as they didn't really tighten up fully when I tried screwing them back in. It seems secure enough, though, as the other three screws tightened up well and seemed to secure the plate.

Remove lose wood screws one at a time and snap off toothpicks in hole replace screw in said hole and it should tighten Nicely .

#6785 3 years ago

Yes, the LEDs pulse and dim with the gameplay.

Thanks! It is a cool mod. Took forever to get one but probably the best shooter rod I've seen Stern come out with.

#6786 3 years ago

Hi everyone, just got my premium on Friday from Mike at Automated Services. He even got me the shooter rod and topper! I installed powder coated armor from Pinball Refinery and alternate translite from Retro Refurbs! Plays perfectly right out of box! Loving this game so far!

6E0859BD-072D-4A0F-81C5-2334473BDB7A (resized).jpeg6E0859BD-072D-4A0F-81C5-2334473BDB7A (resized).jpegB94047B1-C415-41EF-8C0D-301272CDA140 (resized).jpegB94047B1-C415-41EF-8C0D-301272CDA140 (resized).jpegDB87557D-8F52-4F98-BC22-A395F2229662 (resized).jpegDB87557D-8F52-4F98-BC22-A395F2229662 (resized).jpegDF3C3FA2-983E-4F7D-AE8B-F7EAF744BE38 (resized).jpegDF3C3FA2-983E-4F7D-AE8B-F7EAF744BE38 (resized).jpeg
#6787 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Hi everyone, just got my premium on Friday from Mike at Automated Services. He even got me the shooter rod and topper! I installed powder coated armor from Pinball Refinery and alternate translite from Retro Refurbs! Plays perfectly right out of box! Loving this game so far!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It really is an amazing machine. You'll probably look back and say it was the best $10K you ever spent as a collector.

#6788 3 years ago

The update late last week from my distributor is that he had ordered 20 Premiums months ago, and received a shipment of 10 units at the beginning of April. He is expecting the remainder of his order towards the last week of April. Sounds like *some* units are making it out of the factory (first batch had build dates 3/30 thru 4/2 I think)...

#6789 3 years ago

The update late last week from my distributor is that he had ordered 20 Premiums months ago, and received a shipment of 10 units at the beginning of April. He is expecting the remainder of his order towards the last week of April. Sounds like *some* units are making it out of the factory (first batch had build dates 3/30 thru 4/2 I think)...

Mine is also still showing end of April... no biggie... been this long...couple more weeks...

#6790 3 years ago

Soon ill receive the new build prem.. Sold my LE way to early

What about the helicopter upgrade? Wich one is the nicest?

#6791 3 years ago

Mike from Automated came through for me as well!! JP Premium! But, I'm so busy I haven't unboxed it yet! I have a bunch of upgrades to install! Shaker, cliffy's playfield protector, etc. Looking forward to it!!

#6792 3 years ago

Mine just shipped yesterday, I should have it by Thursday or Friday.

#6793 3 years ago

Hey guys (and gals);

Since I have a Pro JP, I don't hang out here - but figured I'd share what I made since it applies to this thread too.

In case you haven't seen it: JP 3D speaker grills. 1/4" strips of magnetic tape holds them in place. Combined and modified a couple of files off of Thingiverse. Will share the stl files if anyone wants them.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6794 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Mine is also still showing end of April... no biggie... been this long...couple more weeks...

How do you see when the ETA is on your machine?

#6795 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

You ask your distributor.

#6796 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Emailed distributor..

#6797 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Soon ill receive the new build prem.. Sold my LE way to early
What about the helicopter upgrade? Wich one is the nicest?

I’m about to sell my HUO LE fully loaded with Tilt Topper, amber lighted shooter rod, carbon ramps, etc.

You think I should hold off? I’m getting more than I paid....

#6798 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I’m about to sell my HUO LE fully loaded with Tilt Topper, amber lighted shooter rod, carbon ramps, etc.
You think I should hold off? I’m getting more than I paid....

Really depends upon you as to whether to let it go ... have to mastered the game and it's now too easy, or is the game too unforgiving for you, or is the money offer to good to give up, ... but looking at your collection (which is pretty impressive), what would you replace it with? And if you did sell it, and then realise that it's a game you'd like back in your collection you can always pickup a NIB Premium given they are still making them (yes I know it's not quite the same as an LE). It's really what are you going to be happy with??

Now for me, I'm not letting mine go anytime soon ... and similar to you I have been offered more than what I paid for it on several occasions

#6799 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Emailed distributor..

Mine can never give me anything specific other than they are building then now.

#6800 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Mine can never give me anything specific other than they are building then now.

I suspect any distributor would just be guessing until he has a freight bill and tracking info for a shipment to his location from Stern. Anything else is really just an educated guess since they don't know where their order is relative to other orders either! My distrib got 10 units in first week of April and is waiting on another 10 units 'soon'.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/136 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.