(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 185.
#6601 3 years ago

I have a brand new in box tilt topper Jurassic Park topper in green. (I did open it to make sure it wasn't broken) I had ordered one many many months ago and it finally came. In the meantime, I was impatient and purchased another one from the Pinside marketplace. I'm open to offers but I may just list it on eBay with no reserve starting at .99 and let it sell for whatever the market brings or do you think I should list it in the Pinside market place at best offer? Thanks!

IMG_8064 (resized).jpgIMG_8064 (resized).jpgJurassic Topper (resized).jpgJurassic Topper (resized).jpg
#6602 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Anyone hear on next Prem run....?? Was told Feb.....

Got a call...new run on Prems pushed to 1st of March....or so.....

#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfievtec:

I have a brand new in box tilt topper Jurassic Park topper in green. (I did open it to make sure it wasn't broken) I had ordered one many many months ago and it finally came. In the meantime, I was impatient and purchased another one from the Pinside marketplace. I'm open to offers but I may just list it on eBay with no reserve starting at .99 and let it sell for whatever the market brings or do you think I should list it in the Pinside market place at best offer? Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

mill (resized).jpgmill (resized).jpg
#6604 3 years ago

SOLD. Lol.

#6605 3 years ago

Very cool....out of my price range...I am sure

#6606 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfievtec:

Can’t wait to get mine this topper looks amazing! Was told I’m next up so should have one in possession shortly. I’m sure that was an easy sell for you. Nice to see another fellow
Pinsider so close by. This pin wows me each and every time I play it. Isn’t a single thing about this game that I dislike.

#6607 3 years ago

Hi @Deyanks98! It's worth the wait! I absolutely love this pin. I have added so many mods - it's addicting! I love the Mezel Mods the best.I also added a Jeep and Helicopter. If you ever have any questions fell free to PM me!

IMG_8153 (resized).jpgIMG_8153 (resized).jpg

Photo Jan 29, 6 09 35 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jan 29, 6 09 35 PM (resized).jpg
#6608 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfievtec:

Hi Deyanks98! It's worth the wait! I absolutely love this pin. I have added so many mods - it's addicting! I love the Mezel Mods the best.I also added a Jeep and Helicopter. If you ever have any questions fell free to PM me!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Is the jeep just the 1/64 die-cast jeep? That's one of the first things I want to change once it gets here, but didn't want to make the Newton too heavy or anything

#6609 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Is the jeep just the 1/64 die-cast jeep? That's one of the first things I want to change once it gets here, but didn't want to make the Newton too heavy or anything

Most people have used the Jada 1/43 jeep

Here's a post showing how to do the conversion https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/162#post-5967641

#6610 3 years ago

Awesome, thanks. These 2 threads are long and getting through them has been slow!

#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Awesome, thanks. These 2 threads are long and getting through them has been slow!

Yep - one thing that helps is at the top of the page you can find posts in the thread containing specific words, so in this case finding posts with "jeep" or "jeep 64" will help reduce the number of posts you need to scan through to find what you are looking for

#6612 3 years ago

The Jada 1:43 is almost identical for size and weight. Perfect upgrade.

#6613 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfievtec:

Hi Deyanks98! It's worth the wait! I absolutely love this pin. I have added so many mods - it's addicting! I love the Mezel Mods the best.I also added a Jeep and Helicopter. If you ever have any questions fell free to PM me!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

nice work but.....you can add minimum 4 more mods....LOL.

#6614 3 years ago

Ebay has a bunch of fees, but perhaps you get more in an auction? If you list here for what u r happy to get foe it, that seems the easiest.

Quoted from wolfievtec:

#6615 3 years ago

Cudaman - Yeah, I'm not a fan of the eBay fees but I started the bid at what I paid and will see what happens... I did use the Jada 1:43 Jeep and it is almost identical to the stock Jeep. I don't notice any difference in game play.

#6616 3 years ago
Quoted from toddw:

Would you share a photo? Thank you

Was reading through this thread as I await my JP arrival and was surprised to see a fellow Morgantown member! Hi neighbor

#6617 3 years ago

It is a great topper. Not surprised someone jumped on it fast.

#6618 3 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

Just curious, did you talk to Stern or figure out the issue yet?

Update on my power issue: Stern tech support was great and helped me figure out the issue. It was a fried power distribution board.

Took a bit to figure out why. As it turns out, the red wire coming from the shaker had a very small part of exposed copper. This small wear happened right by where the wire touched the metal part of the shaker. The result was a surge that went to the distribution board and fried it.

Stern was very helpful figuring out the issue and getting me a replacement board. Very relieved it turned out to be something relatively easy to fix.

#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Ford Explorer mod done! It's about the only unused area of the playfield, and doesn't block your view doing play.

What did you do to the roof on the one? Did it just melt with a torch?

#6620 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

What did you do to the roof on the one? Did it just melt with a torch?

Matchbox came out with the 2 versions - the normal undamaged and the T-Rex crushed

https://matchbox.fandom.com/wiki/%C2%B493_Ford_Explorer_Jurassic_Park
https://matchbox.fandom.com/wiki/%C2%B493_Ford_Explorer_Jurassic_Park#Version_2_.28Crushed.29

#6621 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfievtec:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Did you get the Stern shooter rod recently? Are they back in stock?

#6622 3 years ago

Didn't know that. I already bought 2 normal ones because I liked the look you did there. There's only 1 crushed one on Amazon and eBay combined and is more expensive so I'll just stick with the early tour!

Thanks

#6623 3 years ago

I need a little help. I've looked thru the menus and can't find the one Im looking for. I'm sure it exists. I'm looking for the option to discard credits that are on the machine when it's powered down. I want it to power up with zero credits. Anyone know which option that is? I'm not an operator, just a guy whose added DBA's to my Sterns, and like adding dollars to it for games at the beginning of evenings we play. Makes for a quick way to save cash for more toys Thanks!

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Did you get the Stern shooter rod recently? Are they back in stock?

They were a few months back in October. I’m not sure if anyone still has them. I got lucky I guess.

#6625 3 years ago

Hey folks - I've been searching but haven't seen others having this issue - curious if anyone has - on my JP Premium, I added a shaker motor and got a Node 1 overcurrent. It was persistent and didn't go away. Support was excellent and responsive, and sent me a new shaker motor along with a brand new node 1 board to replace. I sent the old ones back. Installed new shaker motor (with inline cap) and node board.

Now the machine will work with the shaker motors, as expected, for some number of games (around 15-20 minutes of play or less) and then the shaker motor stops registering. It won't come back on until the machine has been powered down and back up (I haven't tested the amount of time to come back on before it starts working again.)

This happens with every power up and play. Shaker works for a while and then stops, never to work again until the machine is shut down and brought back up later.

Any ideas, or has anyone else seen this? I installed the same setup on my new Elvira House of Horrors and so far no issues at all.

Thanks!

#6626 3 years ago

Hey all. I seem to have really loud wurring with the TRex horizontal movement (none with the vertical movement) During trex multiball when it does left to right head movement, there is some clear shaking from it (I have no shaker motor) I just picked it up second hand, and noticed this after transport, which was overall smooth. Anyone else experience this, or better yet, fix it? Moving it by hand with the game off makes the same noise, so I’m confident where it is coming from.

#6627 3 years ago

Anyone have a good closeup pic of the side of the JP Premium helicopter? I disassembled that section to replace the black bumper rings with yellow, and it was a bit more involved than I had expected (long story short - but there's a post that screws in and out of the playfield with a nylock nut - I overtightened it slightly and it dropped below the threads / stripped and became the bane of my existence for a few hours.)

Anyways, my helicopter isn't spinning as smoothly now on re-assembly, and I'm wanting to make sure I have the washers and little washer-bearings installed correctly. I have the Stern manual and the parts list / diagram but it doesn't clearly show all of the parts of the helicopter.

Also, should there only be 3x screws on the helicopter blades vs. 4? I had something fall off the assembly at some point but I'll be d@mned if I can figure out what, then I noticed only 3 of 4 screws in it and it made me wonder (could be to weight it so that it falls back to blocking the ramp after every hit but mine isn't spinning smoothly and resetting itself back to having the long blade over the ramp much of the time.)

Thanks for any assistance here!

#6628 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Anyone have a good closeup pic of the side of the JP Premium helicopter? I disassembled that section to replace the black bumper rings with yellow, and it was a bit more involved than I had expected (long story short - but there's a post that screws in and out of the playfield with a nylock nut - I overtightened it slightly and it dropped below the threads / stripped and became the bane of my existence for a few hours.)
Anyways, my helicopter isn't spinning as smoothly now on re-assembly, and I'm wanting to make sure I have the washers and little washer-bearings installed correctly. I have the Stern manual and the parts list / diagram but it doesn't clearly show all of the parts of the helicopter.
Also, should there only be 3x screws on the helicopter blades vs. 4? I had something fall off the assembly at some point but I'll be d@mned if I can figure out what, then I noticed only 3 of 4 screws in it and it made me wonder (could be to weight it so that it falls back to blocking the ramp after every hit but mine isn't spinning smoothly and resetting itself back to having the long blade over the ramp much of the time.)
Thanks for any assistance here!

I've not torn my helicopter apart but I have heard guys report where the shaft can rub on the metal bracket under the PF - so worth taking a look there.

In regards to the screws on the blade - there should only be 3 (as you suspected it ensures the blade is positioned not to jam a ball coming down the wireform)

#6629 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I've not torn my helicopter apart but I have heard guys report where the shaft can rub on the metal bracket under the PF - so worth taking a look there.
In regards to the screws on the blade - there should only be 3 (as you suspected it ensures the blade is positioned not to jam a ball coming down the wireform)

Got it - thank you. I found that I was missing one of the washers that sandwiches the small bearing piece that allows the blade to spin smoothly. Found it with a magnet and re-assembled the entire thing and it’s good now. I guess I’m an expert on that assembly now after 3 hours of disassembly and re-assembly! I’m still curious why there’s a magnet at the base of that metal shaft, as it doesn’t appear to interact with anything - but then again - there’s a small board there. Maybe it detects magnetic poles to engage the helicopter blade sound and trigger - that would be cool.

Always learning with these things!

#6630 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

I’m still curious why there’s a magnet at the base of that metal shaft, as it doesn’t appear to interact with anything - but then again - there’s a small board there. Maybe it detects magnetic poles to engage the helicopter blade sound and trigger - that would be cool.
Always learning with these things!

Glad you got it working and you are correct - the helicopter sounds are triggered by the ball spinning the blades (detected by the board under the PF), while the ramp made switch is the micro-switch on the ramp just before the helicopter.

#6631 3 years ago

I saw a video on YouTube with the original soundtrack (main theme) in attract mode with special light effects customized to the music. I have not found that in the settings. Can anyone help me how to activate that?

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I saw a video on YouTube with the original soundtrack (main theme) in attract mode with special light effects customized to the music. I have not found that in the settings. Can anyone help me how to activate that?

I've not heard of this - maybe it is the custom audio & video version you saw however in doesn't include any special lighting effects (and I don't believe it is possible to modify the Stern lighting effects). If you want a copy of the custom a/v you need to send timlah79 a PM requesting a copy - here is a link to the thread and latest 1.03 compatible release https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/26#post-5974879

#6633 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

It’s in the settings. Something like “game credits every 10 loops”. OFF is the standard setting. Just change it to some number.

#6634 3 years ago

Suddenly my t rex isn't grabbing ball. Left and right is fine but it doesn't seem to be going down far enough. How do I adjust it vertically in settings

#6635 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Suddenly my t rex isn't grabbing ball. Left and right is fine but it doesn't seem to be going down far enough. How do I adjust it vertically in settings

Check out the key posts on the first page - there's are few associated with T-Rex adjustment

#6636 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s in the settings. Something like “game credits every 10 loops”. OFF is the standard setting. Just change it to some number.

LOL that's an informative adjustment description

#6637 3 years ago

Adjustments, game, #60 adj. from 24 to 1, # 61 adj. no to yes. Well at least on the Pro.

#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Didn't know that. I already bought 2 normal ones because I liked the look you did there. There's only 1 crushed one on Amazon and eBay combined and is more expensive so I'll just stick with the early tour!
Thanks

Yeah as someone said, I managed to get one of each. But I reckon if you're willing, you could smash one up with a hammer and get a fairly close result!

#6639 3 years ago

Anyone hear when another run of premiums will be build. have an order in and was told March back in November but have not heard anything since

#6640 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Quoted from JHS71:

Adjustments, game, #60 adj. from 24 to 1, # 61 adj. no to yes. Well at least on the Pro.

Thank you for your help. Try that this evening. Although a strange description...

#6641 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I've not heard of this - maybe it is the custom audio & video version you saw however in doesn't include any special lighting effects (and I don't believe it is possible to modify the Stern lighting effects). If you want a copy of the custom a/v you need to send timlah79 a PM requesting a copy - here is a link to the thread and latest 1.03 compatible release https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/26#post-5974879

Thanks, I already installed that custom version. What a difference...

#6642 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Anyone hear when another run of premiums will be build. have an order in and was told March back in November but have not heard anything since

Call your distributor.. I was told mid Feb in Oct when I ordered....was called a couple of weeks ago...mid to late March

#6643 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Call your distributor.. I was told mid Feb in Oct when I ordered....was called a couple of weeks ago...mid to late March

I was just told mid-March for mine as well.

#6644 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Thank you for your help. Try that this evening. Although a strange description...

So found it. You hold both flipper buttons and then flip to DJ mix. There are all music files, then choose welcome to Jurassic Park, that the opening main theme. Very nice.

#6645 3 years ago

I was wondering if anyone could compare their TREX stepper sound to my video below. I think there is an issue with the mech when it is homing. There is some moderate shaking. I just want to verify this sounds wrong and see if anyone has had a similar issue at any point.

#6646 3 years ago

Experimenting with a new Raptor mod today.

This mod will hit the glass like the Gargoyles do in Elvira!

Will post video this evening.

24E842BF-75DE-4029-B23D-A4DD36E147C2 (resized).jpeg24E842BF-75DE-4029-B23D-A4DD36E147C2 (resized).jpeg3483DCBD-EA99-4B04-88E1-5E82390F1563 (resized).jpeg3483DCBD-EA99-4B04-88E1-5E82390F1563 (resized).jpeg8319A118-5997-4B53-8DA7-282621D74F4F (resized).jpeg8319A118-5997-4B53-8DA7-282621D74F4F (resized).jpeg
#6647 3 years ago
5A188083-7266-410E-8574-F235A4FAE60B (resized).jpeg5A188083-7266-410E-8574-F235A4FAE60B (resized).jpeg
#6648 3 years ago

My immediate thought was the Seinfeld "Man Hands" episode.

#6649 3 years ago

Owen wilson drives a jeep??

#6650 3 years ago
Quoted from nTronz:

I was wondering if anyone could compare their TREX stepper sound to my video below. I think there is an issue with the mech when it is homing. There is some moderate shaking. I just want to verify this sounds wrong and see if anyone has had a similar issue at any point.

Video didn't work when I clicked it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/133?hl=2manyhobbies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.