(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 185.
#6551 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Who sells them? Every time I search something non-related comes up

Cliffy...

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/JP3-ramp-enter-CF001.JPG

#6552 3 years ago

Who sells them? Every time I search something non-related comes up

Cliff Renear

Https://passionforpinball.com

#6553 3 years ago

I’m guessing you need to be on a pc to buy? Using my phone I’m not seeing how to purchase

#6554 3 years ago

I’m guessing you need to be on a pc to buy? Using my phone I’m not seeing how to purchase

No you need to contact him with an email(check the contact section). He accepts Paypal. Those CF entry ramps are cheap to ship just got mine last week.

#6555 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

No you need to contact him with an email(check the contact section). He accepts Paypal. Those CF entry ramps are cheap to ship just got mine last week.

Interesting. What is the cost for them?

#6556 3 years ago

Interesting. What is the cost for them?

I paid 9$ + shipping. In my case shipping was 1.50$ (reg envelope).

#6557 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I paid 9$ + shipping. In my case shipping was 1.50$ (reg envelope).

Great.... thank you!

#6558 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I ordered and have a complete set for my Prem....and dont have the game yet....lol

#6559 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I ordered and have a complete set for my Prem....and dont have the game yet....lol

Kind of like my situation with SW. I have a bunch of ships/mods as well as the R2-D2 topper but don't have the game..... yet.... lol

#6561 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Regarding common adjustments people are making from factory, are they listed anywhere?
Key Posts in both the LE and Pro JP Club threads don't show anything other than the shooter adjustment. From memory some have removed a screw in the Tower ramp to good effect. Are there others?
I'm keen to make mine flip as well as possible as I still have some nagging issues. i.e. The right orbit shot will always (99%) hit the truck captive ball upon exit, a bricked "S" shot will not bounce to the left flipper/slingshot, typically it's SDTM, the Tower shot bricks quite a lot, balls will often drain through the gate at the pops... and yep the ball shooter makes it up maybe 80/20.

Bumping my above questions, inc a vid of the orbit issue.

#6562 3 years ago

My orbit shot always goes to the upper flipper. Perhaps there's some play in the exit side of your ball guide that you can adjust?
I removed the screws and flap for the tower and installed the carbon fiber protector from Cliff, and it shoots much smoother.

#6563 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

My orbit shot always goes to the upper flipper. Perhaps there's some play in the exit side of your ball guide that you can adjust?
I removed the screws and flap for the tower and installed the carbon fiber protector from Cliff, and it shoots much smoother.

I might have to remove the tower and some plastics to have a good look at the ball guide. From what I can see it's position looks solid and pretty definitive.

Has done it since day 1, I've levelled it to within an inch of it's life and no change. If I really crank up the degrees I can get it to miss, but it becomes unplayable. Looks like I'm ordering some Cliffy's.

#6564 3 years ago

I might have to remove the tower and some plastics to have a good look at the ball guide. From what I can see it's position looks solid and pretty definitive.
Has done it since day 1, I've levelled it to within an inch of it's life and no change. If I really crank up the degrees I can get it to miss, but it becomes unplayable. Looks like I'm ordering some Cliffy's.

Definitely worth looking into...the ball needs to be delivered to the upper flipper (the right orbit => tower is an awesome combo).

#6565 3 years ago

The right orbit shot will always (99%) hit the truck captive ball upon exit

Doesn't look like you're able to adjust the orbit ball guide much but it's worth trying. You might be able to simply loosen the nut under the PF and push on the ball guide while tightening will give you enough movement. Also post a pic of the orbit exit and I'll compare to where mine ball guide sits

a bricked "S" shot will not bounce to the left flipper/slingshot, typically it's SDTM

Have you swapped out the rubbers? The ball will come down the ball guide and deflect off the rubber ring. Maybe you need to see if you can similarly adjust the ball guide to expose a fraction more of the rubber to create a larger deflection. Again post a pic and I'll compare

the Tower shot bricks quite a lot

What angle is you PF and is the top of the plastic flipper bat aligned to the alignment dot? Check whether the ball touches the tower flap screw or alternatively use the Cliffy carbon fiber flap

balls will often drain through the gate at the pops

I need to do this on mine ... I've seen 2 solutions - one using a cable tie and the second using a bit of an old leaf switch. Note that Keith commented that they originally had a spring on the gate but it had issues, removing it gave the game some extra variability

JP SM Gate1 (resized).jpgJP SM Gate1 (resized).jpg
JP SM Gate2 (resized).jpgJP SM Gate2 (resized).jpg

the ball shooter makes it up maybe 80/20.

Is it both the manual and auto plungers or just one that tends to fail? Common things are left fork needs to be raised, plunger alignment (check both manual and auto), magnetised balls and a recent one posted was the wireform was moving and not centred in the top of the U ramp

#6566 3 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to reply Manny

Doesn't look like you're able to adjust the orbit ball guide much but it's worth trying. You might be able to simply loosen the nut under the PF and push on the ball guide while tightening will give you enough movement. Also post a pic of the orbit exit and I'll compare to where mine ball guide sits.

** This seems to be the best starting point, I'll take before and after shots of the ball guide exit to compare **

Have you swapped out the rubbers? The ball will come down the ball guide and deflect off the rubber ring. Maybe you need to see if you can similarly adjust the ball guide to expose a fraction more of the rubber to create a larger deflection. Again post a pic and I'll compare

** I have Titans on mine, though the issue was there straight out of the box. There isn't much movement in the post, or the relevant ball guide. I have pushed these as far as possible to only small effect. The only thing that really helps is pulling on the rubber to "clump" it and create more of a bulge. It does help, but after a few dozen games, the rubber settles back into position and SDTM start to occur. I'll take pics of this also **

What angle is you PF and is the top of the plastic flipper bat aligned to the alignment dot? Check whether the ball touches the tower flap screw or alternatively use the Cliffy carbon fibre flap

** I usually only measure my playfield between the flippers, 7 deg from memory, I'll measure the upper playfield to compare, maybe theres some flex. I have removed the screw and replaced with a flat head. The ball no longer touches the screw. The upper flipper, I'm unsure and will check **

I need to do this on mine ... I've seen 2 solutions - one using a cable tie and the second using a bit of an old leaf switch. Note that Keith commented that they originally had a spring on the gate but it had issues, removing it gave the game some extra variability
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

** I did a bit of gate bending and seems to have improved it a little. Will keep adjusting over the weekend. **

Is it both the manual and auto plungers or just one that tends to fail? Common things are left fork needs to be raised, plunger alignment (check both manual and auto), magnetised balls and a recent one posted was the wireform was moving and not centred in the top of the U ramp

** More so with the manual. The auto plunger is quite a bit more powerful though so it may compensate for any alignment issues. I haven't heard about the wireform, will take a look **

#6567 3 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to reply Manny
Doesn't look like you're able to adjust the orbit ball guide much but it's worth trying. You might be able to simply loosen the nut under the PF and push on the ball guide while tightening will give you enough movement. Also post a pic of the orbit exit and I'll compare to where mine ball guide sits.
** This seems to be the best starting point, I'll take before and after shots of the ball guide exit to compare **
** I have Titans on mine, though the issue was there straight out of the box. There isn't much movement in the post, or the relevant ball guide. I have pushed these as far as possible to only small effect. The only thing that really helps is pulling on the rubber to "clump" it and create more of a bulge. It does help, but after a few dozen games, the rubber settles back into position and SDTM start to occur. I'll take pics of this also **
What angle is you PF and is the top of the plastic flipper bat aligned to the alignment dot? Check whether the ball touches the tower flap screw or alternatively use the Cliffy carbon fibre flap
** I usually only measure my playfield between the flippers, 7 deg from memory, I'll measure the upper playfield to compare, maybe theres some flex. I have removed the screw and replaced with a flat head. The ball no longer touches the screw. The upper flipper, I'm unsure and will check **
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
** I did a bit of gate bending and seems to have improved it a little. Will keep adjusting over the weekend. **
** More so with the manual. The auto plunger is quite a bit more powerful though so it may compensate for any alignment issues. I haven't heard about the wireform, will take a look **

Hey what coloured spring do you have on the manual plunger - from the factory they came with the green spring but the manual states an orange. Most people (especially those with issues) have swapped out the spring for the orange one (more tension) and found it much better.

#6568 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hey what coloured spring do you have on the manual plunger - from the factory they came with the green spring but the manual states an orange. Most people (especially those with issues) have swapped out the spring for the orange one (more tension) and found it much better.

I’m now running with an orange over the factory green. It was an instant improvement, though it seems to have tapered off over the months since.

#6569 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Turns out the ball guide on the S shot was installed incorrectly from factory. I was getting SDTM's on bricked S shots as the ball wasn't deflecting far enough to the left. Took the guide off and noticed there was an unused dimple a few mm inwards. Reinstalled it and for first time in almost 2000 games, the ball is deflecting as designed.

The other issues I'll get to tomorrow but so far so good.

#6570 3 years ago

Turns out the ball guide on the S shot was installed incorrectly from factory. I was getting SDTM's on bricked S shots as the ball wasn't deflecting far enough to the left. Took the guide off and noticed there was an unused dimple a few mm inwards. Reinstalled it and for first time in almost 2000 games, the ball is deflecting as designed.
The other issues I'll get to tomorrow but so far so good.

Well spotted and great to hear you've sorted out one issue!!

#6571 3 years ago

I sent you a PM with a bunch of pics of the exit ramp and target, hopefully you can compare and see why that guide or possibly the target is deflecting your ball towards the truck.

#6572 3 years ago

Ford Explorer mod done! It's about the only unused area of the playfield, and doesn't block your view doing play.

IMG_6551 (resized).jpgIMG_6551 (resized).jpgIMG_6553 (resized).jpgIMG_6553 (resized).jpg
#6573 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

I sent you a PM with a bunch of pics of the exit ramp and target, hopefully you can compare and see why that guide or possibly the target is deflecting your ball towards the truck.

Thanks 2MH. Your pics definitely helped solve the issue. My ball guide had a slight lip at the end, which wasn't noticeable until you take into account the shape of the plastic above. My ball guide followed the path of the plastic whereas yours dropped down, meaning your ball path was lower. I haven't been able to correct it completely, but I've bent it to the point that it no longer hits the truck when hitting the right orbit!! Win!!

So I've fixed the right orbit to correctly miss the Truck. The S shot now deflects properly to the left sling/flipper. I have also stuck down the metal flap (which seemed to be sitting too high) on the tower shot making a much smoother arc, meaning less bricked shots. The plunger is still a little hit and miss, I might still fiddle with this.

But these changes alone have made an incredible improvement. My average scores over the last 6 months were getting worse and worse, sitting in the 35-95 mill range, now I'm getting back into the groove shooting 150-250+ regularly. Shots and combos are much easier to hit, SDTM's are far rarer and the game just seems to flow. Such an awesome pin!!!

Thanks all for your help.

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 12.11.31 pm (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2021-01-30 at 12.11.31 pm (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2021-01-30 at 12.11.57 pm (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2021-01-30 at 12.11.57 pm (resized).jpg
#6574 3 years ago

Thanks 2MH. Your pics definitely helped solve the issue. My ball guide had a slight lip at the end, which wasn't noticeable until you take into account the shape of the plastic above. My ball guide followed the path of the plastic whereas yours dropped down, meaning your ball path was lower. I haven't been able to correct it completely, but I've bent it to the point that it no longer hits the truck when hitting the right orbit!! Win!!
So I've fixed the right orbit to correctly miss the Truck. The S shot now deflects properly to the left sling/flipper. I have also stuck down the metal flap (which seemed to be sitting too high) on the tower shot making a much smoother arc, meaning less bricked shots. The plunger is still a little hit and miss, I might still fiddle with this.
But these changes alone have made an incredible improvement. My average scores over the last 6 months were getting worse and worse, sitting in the 35-95 mill range, now I'm getting back into the groove shooting 150-250+ regularly. Shots and combos are much easier to hit, SDTM's are far rarer and the game just seems to flow. Such an awesome pin!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting ... as mine looks more like yours, so the ball must be pretty close to hitting the truck - I'll have to check it out.

JP orbit ball guide (resized).jpgJP orbit ball guide (resized).jpg
#6575 3 years ago

Anyone hear on next Prem run....?? Was told Feb.....

#6576 3 years ago

That white flasher by the control room has blinded me since day one. Finally put a green gel film in there so it's dimmer and looks pretty cool green.

IMG_20210130_135848808 (resized).jpgIMG_20210130_135848808 (resized).jpg
#6577 3 years ago

There may be a little more wiggle room on that ball guide if you loosen the nuts under the playfield. Looks like the whole ball guide is one long piece wrapping around from left to right. Maybe loosen all the nuts from under the playfield a see if you get a little additional movement out of it. Glade it is getting closer to being dialed in!

#6578 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Anyone hear on next Prem run....?? Was told Feb.....

I was told the same. I have a deposit down and waiting as well.

#6579 3 years ago

In cleaning the jeep assembly, anyone use Super White lithium grease? Or, should I just be using straight alcohol to clean the post? Thanks, everyone.

#6580 3 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

In cleaning the jeep assembly, anyone use Super White lithium grease? Or, should I just be using straight alcohol to clean the post? Thanks, everyone.

I see in another post not to use grease. Just 100% silicone based lubricant, so disregard this post!

#6581 3 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

It's not designed to be lubricated. It can get gummed up from dust, firing of coils, ect, if you add lubricant it may get gummed up quicker .just pull the shaft out and clean up with some alcohol.

#6582 3 years ago

My ball guide is exactly like yours, I've been planning on straightening it out a little on the end for a while but not because of the way the ball exits the right orbit, but because I believe it's making the inner loop shot much harder than it should be, it's narrowing the opening into the loop. I've never had a machine where the inner loop is that hard to hit! Seriously I can hit the Tron Gem shot more often than I can hit this loop on purpose.

#6583 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

My ball guide is exactly like yours, I've been planning on straightening it out a little on the end for a while but not because of the way the ball exits the right orbit, but because I believe it's making the inner loop shot much harder than it should be, it's narrowing the opening into the loop. I've never had a machine where the inner loop is that hard to hit! Seriously I can hit the Tron Gem shot more often than I can hit this loop on purpose.

I bent mine only a manner on millimetres. Is it possible your upper flipper is misaligned?

#6584 3 years ago

I bent mine only a manner on millimetres. Is it possible your upper flipper is misaligned?

I don't think so, if you make a line from the end of that inner loop ball guide to where the last bit of that guide is aiming it's not aiming at the flipper but above it. I'd say the opening into the loop on mine will gain about 1/8" if I straighten it out. That may not be a lot but on a tight shot I need all the help I can get .

I'll check the alignment too though.

#6585 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I don't think so, if you make a line from the end of that inner loop ball guide to where the last bit of that guide is aiming it's not aiming at the flipper but above it. I'd say the opening into the loop on mine will gain about 1/8" if I straighten it out. That may not be a lot but on a tight shot I need all the help I can get .
I'll check the alignment too though.

Credit to Manny for the shot, but this is correct upper flipper alignment.

977f3d2a8ba871191e1b930568da319e64a9356a (resized).jpg977f3d2a8ba871191e1b930568da319e64a9356a (resized).jpg
#6586 3 years ago

Credit to Manny for the shot, but this is correct upper flipper alignment.[quoted image]

interesting is the "90-" above the flipper, which seems to align 90degrees to the line you drew. it looks like there are a few registration lines on that assembly.

#6587 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

interesting is the "90-" above the flipper, which seems to align 90degrees to the line you drew. it looks like there are a few registration lines on that assembly.

It’s not a 90. It”s plastic number 06. The part number is 830-1038-06. The 830-1038 stays the same(jurassic park plastics). Individual plastics have a different last 2 digits.

#6588 3 years ago

Duh!!

#6589 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s not a 90. It”s plastic number 06. The part number is 830-1038-06. The 830-1038 stays the same(jurassic park plastics). Individual plastics have a different last 2 digits.

ha! fooled again. I guess its just a wierd coincidence.

#6590 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

If you want standard settings, tip of the flipper is meant to line up with the hole in the playfield.
[quoted image]

no. This has been covered so many times with the designer himself stating that it’s the top of the flipper bat that needs to align to the hole. The bat(yellow). Not the rubber.

This is only for the top flipper. The bottom ones need to align as you have stated. Tip centered with the alignment hole.

#6591 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

no. This has been covered so many times with the designer himself stating that it’s the top of the flipper bat that needs to align to the hole. The bat(yellow). Not the rubber.
This is only for the top flipper. The bottom ones need to align as you have stated. Tip centered with the alignment hole.

Could you show me where KME said this please?

I was unaware.

#6592 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Could you show me where KME said this please?
I was unaware.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516155

sk8ball is Keith Elwin btw in case you weren’t in the know.

#6594 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

It's not designed to be lubricated. It can get gummed up from dust, firing of coils, ect, if you add lubricant it may get gummed up quicker .just pull the shaft out and clean up with some alcohol.

I will do that. Thanks.

#6595 3 years ago

I'll be installing the Cliffy carbon protectors on the 2 ramps. I plan to remove the left screw for the Tower ramp.

Anyone know which screw to remove for the helicopter ramp?

#6596 3 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I'll be installing the Cliffy carbon protectors on the 2 ramps. I plan to remove the left screw for the Tower ramp.
Anyone know which screw to remove for the helicopter ramp?

Looking at the shot path, I'm guessing the right screw for the helicopter screw?

#6597 3 years ago

Can the left screw in the tower reasonably be removed without dismantling the tower/wireform? I see a notch that looks like it's for direct access, but my screwdriver isn't long enough to reach so I can't tell. (That's what she said...)

#6598 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can the left screw in the tower reasonably be removed without dismantling the tower/wireform? I see a notch that looks like it's for direct access, but my screwdriver isn't long enough to reach so I can't tell. (That's what she said...)

Guys that have removed that screw have mentioned you need an 8" driver to reach it.

#6599 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I just ordered an 8" #1 Philips from Amazon. I think the screw is a #0 but I am only going to remove it not reinstall so I think it will be fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/132 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.