(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 185.
#551 4 years ago

I got the call from the shipping company at work today saying that it was in and they would like to schedule a delivery for Monday as they had no drivers left today. Ah ah ah, ah ah ah! I could have swore I heard the turnstyles at work making the Spitter spinning sound as I flew out the door to run up and get it myself( only a 45 minute drive). Number 159

20190920_153051 (resized).jpg20190920_153051 (resized).jpg20190920_153327 (resized).jpg20190920_153327 (resized).jpg20190920_155810 (resized).jpg20190920_155810 (resized).jpg20190920_155813 (resized).jpg20190920_155813 (resized).jpg20190920_171446 (resized).jpg20190920_171446 (resized).jpg20190920_171347 (resized).jpg20190920_171347 (resized).jpg
#552 4 years ago
Quoted from youdontknowme:

Playfields are holding up well. no washers below the slingshot posts, no pooling. thinner clear definitely applied for this run, seems to have cured correctly as far as the 2 hours we've played the thing.
the pearl in the dark green armor is really nice in person.
confirm 101, 120, 121, and 122. don't feel bad, 1 came damaged as well, knicked the backbox artwork but really torn up box.
these things are manhandled at terminals, but credit given to stern, excellent packaging job every time.
a couple of pics added as requested...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great pictures.

you ordered 4 units?? I assume 3 are for sale? will update list .

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from catchlight:

I got the call from the shipping company at work today saying that it was in and they would like to schedule a delivery for Monday as they had no drivers left today. Ah ah ah, ah ah ah! I could have swore I heard the turnstyles at work making the Spitter spinning sound as I flew out the door to run up and get it myself( only a 45 minute drive). Number 159 [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats and thanks for posting the "159"

#554 4 years ago

#350 received

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So l played an LE for almost two hours today. Shout out to Helicon Brewery in Pittsburgh - absolutely the best there is.
Here are my impressions.
Going in, I already knew I wanted this game but wasn't sure pro or prem/LE. The long short of it is premium/le ALL THE WAY and the PF was perfect - def much less clear on it which seems to be the answer along with no art by posts!
1) Art on the LE is so much better than the pro (in person). I won't revisit my take on the pro considering it's not very positive but good rebound on the LE. I'm not a fan of that JP3 Dino or the car but in the aggregate it works. First thing I do is remove that car btw - already have a good jeep. I also thought the premium art was the best of the three so excited. Sideblades are awesome btw.
2) Right off the bat, you start the game and a glaring difference from the pro is the helicopter. Yes it looks cool but what was surprising to me was the sound it makes which is very loud. It really adds to the overall effect and gets you right into that JP mood.
3) Right after that I was greeted with a HUGE TREX roar that had the toy visibly open it's mouth and it was just awesome. It really got me engaged in the game and instantly took that relatively dull/stagnant corner of the Pro and brought it too life. BAM - toy in your face right in the beginning - loved it. Afterwards it would just follow the ball but in many different directions and it felt organic
4) TREX eating the ball - very cool although a couple things. The shot needs to be basically perfect otherwise it won't work. I also would like stern to close the mouth MUCH quicker as the current delay kind of breaks the effect a little as the REX mouth seems to be on a slight delay. The mech worked everytime when the shot was lined up right. It didn't throw it during any of my games though - hopefully that's still in! I also think the JP DE eating is cooler, but Stern JP throwing is better than the swallow so a draw!
5) Quality wise, the game feels better than the pro. This was in line with my previous experience with LE/prem vs pro - not sure why since Stern hasn't said they differ in build but it felt heavier no question.
6) Sound effects in this game are fantastic. Call outs, especially the main guy with the accent are bad.
7) Raptor Pit - BIG difference on the prem/LE. I knew TREX would be hard to pass on but not this. I was wrong. The gate going up, the effects that play and the way it works makes this shot make so much more sense vs. playing the pro.
8 ) Stern - give the LE guys matching trim on the backbox. Cmon now. As for the powder, I'm not really a huge fan. Could have matched with a diff color.
Overall - I'm def getting a prem and my concerns about pfs has been really helped by this experience.
Stern - job well done.

Thanks for the detailed update @delt31.....looking forward to getting one myself!!

#556 4 years ago

I will be receiving #78 on Tuesday!

#557 4 years ago

Monday I will pick mine up.

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

I will be receiving #78 on Tuesday!

Nice!!!! List is starting to grow.

#559 4 years ago

#135 W/Famous Orange JJ warnings.

FA6B11CD-5E1D-4172-BC5A-9BA7CEF6C745 (resized).jpegFA6B11CD-5E1D-4172-BC5A-9BA7CEF6C745 (resized).jpeg
#560 4 years ago

#130 has arrived into Mesquite, TX and will soon be available for the public to play at The Bishop Cidercade in Dallas.

A0DC53C4-2B91-4B0A-BA2F-0BD94AB2655F (resized).jpegA0DC53C4-2B91-4B0A-BA2F-0BD94AB2655F (resized).jpeg5B13399A-22FD-4F0D-8031-AC64AA667858 (resized).jpeg5B13399A-22FD-4F0D-8031-AC64AA667858 (resized).jpeg5A7EDF6D-762D-4396-AB32-2C378610B4E9 (resized).jpeg5A7EDF6D-762D-4396-AB32-2C378610B4E9 (resized).jpeg893D79B2-4828-4B68-A794-01C6060D0C4C (resized).jpeg893D79B2-4828-4B68-A794-01C6060D0C4C (resized).jpegA8F84F0C-ED28-41A7-ADEE-1D0533A25259 (resized).jpegA8F84F0C-ED28-41A7-ADEE-1D0533A25259 (resized).jpegD1439B89-029A-4908-946F-F991CA746E14 (resized).jpegD1439B89-029A-4908-946F-F991CA746E14 (resized).jpeg
#561 4 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

#135 W/Famous Orange JJ warnings.[quoted image]

Congrats !!!!

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

#130 has arrived into Mesquite, TX and will soon be available for the public to play at The Bishop Cidercade in Dallas.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice art on the wall behind it.

#563 4 years ago

Number 375.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#564 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Number 375.[quoted image]

Looks great.

Is the apron metal or plastic??

Thanks.

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Looks great.
Is the apron metal or plastic??
Thanks.

Aprons are metal on Prem/LE’s

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Aprons are metal on Prem/LE’s

TYTY

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Great pictures.
you ordered 4 units?? I assume 3 are for sale? will update list .

just wanted to place the numbers here. they all are just waiting for travel arrangements to their new homes.

#568 4 years ago

Flip n' Out Pinball JP2 LE Stream is up :
http://www.twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

#569 4 years ago

Do you notice any changes in game code 0.89 included in the LE?

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Flip n' Out Pinball JP2 LE Stream is up :
http://www.twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

Just watched it.
Does anybody really think there's 3500$ more pinball in that machine compared to the pro?

#571 4 years ago

Everybody that bought the LE....

Quoted from Dr-pin:

Just watched it.
Does anybody really think there's 3500$ more pinball in that machine compared to the pro?

#572 4 years ago

It's not just the extra goodies that make it "worth" $3500 more, it's also the limited supply that makes it worth more, even if demand is static. And given the #'s coming out, I would say that the demand exceeded their initial supply number, so that suggests people think it is worth MORE than $3,500 more.

Quoted from Dr-pin:

Just watched it.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.stack.imgur.com%2FUBUfx.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Feconomics.stackexchange.com%2Fquestions%2F5706%2Fwhat-do-supply-demand-curves-really-look-like&docid=MgUALZeC8eVVTM&tbnid=HOMaihMQYqB22M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwj69cXrheLkAhUJHqwKHR1LBbUQMwh-KAMwAw..i&w=225&h=225&bih=708&biw=1595&q=supply%20demand%20curve&ved=0ahUKEwj69cXrheLkAhUJHqwKHR1LBbUQMwh-KAMwAw&iact=mrc&uact=8
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#573 4 years ago

#260 in the house!

#574 4 years ago

I’m confused why people are so concerned about other persons decisions to buy LE’s

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Just watched it.

Yes.

#576 4 years ago

For once the LE has the best art package combined of all models. Its seems when new games are announced I want the LE cab decals with the pro or prem translite. This game has the best overall look and adds matching art blades and invisi-glass.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

For once the LE has the best art package combined of all models. Its seems when new games are announced I want the LE cab decals with the pro or prem translite. This game has the best overall look and adds matching art blades and invisi-glass.

I would have to agree. I ordered the premium but I do not care for the art on translite of the premium

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I ordered the premium but I do not care for the art on translite of the premium

I have this suspicion that once I see it in my basement, it will become my favorite of the 3.

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have this suspicion that once I see it in my basement, it will become my favorite of the 3.

I hope I like it better in person.

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from youdontknowme:

just wanted to place the numbers here. they all are just waiting for travel arrangements to their new homes.

Got it and updated list.

Thanks.

#581 4 years ago

I’m confused why people are so concerned about other persons decisions to buy LE’s

Same here....

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

and a few other goodies, that made it almost a wash in price from the PREM.

#584 4 years ago

I hate the yellow card on the apron on there any options for that?

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I hate the yellow card on the apron on there any options for that?

I had a cool member here help me on my ACDC and we are almost finished replacing all 3 cards on my JP.

Doing a magnet card in the center....

I will show all three on machine once we do a few more tweaks.

centertrex (resized).jpgcentertrex (resized).jpg
#586 4 years ago

Number 44 getting delivered Monday

#587 4 years ago

Only been playing since yesterday, but WOW! The Premium/LE is really great. I really liked the pro, but I'm so glad I went with the LE. The Raptor pen feels much more like a full featured toy on the LE, and the helicopter spinner is a fun addition too, but the moving T-Rex is the best animatronic toy ever! The art-blades complete the world under glass feel. The green powder coat is the perfect shade of rain forest green, and the LE art has that scary monster feel to it that is lacking on the Pro/Pre art IMO. Everything about the playfield design seems perfectly thought out. Such a great variety of shots, from short to long, easy and hard. The audio system is great on the LE, crank up the volume with the shaker and the dinosaur roars come to life! I still need to learn the rules, but so far they seem excellent.

No signs of clear coat issues. Definitely thinner clear, but still glossy.

JPLE and JJP PoTC completely knocked it out of the park! Can't wait to play Elvira HOH!!!

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from Medfly:

Number 44 getting delivered Monday

Awesome, congrats number 44

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Only been playing since yesterday, but WOW! The Premium/LE is really great. I really liked the pro, but I'm so glad I went with the LE. The Raptor pen feels much more like a full featured toy on the LE, and the helicopter spinner is a fun addition too, but the moving T-Rex is the best animatronic toy ever! The art-blades complete the world under glass feel. The green powder coat is the perfect shade of rain forest green, and the LE art has that scary monster feel to it that is lacking on the Pro/Pre art IMO. Everything about the playfield design seems perfectly thought out. Such a great variety of shots, from short to long, easy and hard. The audio system is great on the LE, crank up the volume with the shaker and the dinosaur roars come to life! I still need to learn the rules, but so far they seem excellent.
No signs of clear coat issues. Definitely thinner clear, but still glossy.
JPLE and JJP PoTC completely knocked it out of the park! Can't wait to play Elvira HOH!!!

That's a great post.

I cant wait to get mine, will you add the red led in his mouth??

Thanks.

#590 4 years ago

#378 arrived, but I’m not home to move it upstairs and unbox... Never fails. FedEx was cool enough to move it into the entry though.

#591 4 years ago

Hey guys, I’m definitely pursuing either an LE or Premium.
I also prefer the art package on the LE and really like the forest green powder coat (as well as getting the other add-ones).
Do current owners of the LE now have the new playfields with the art no longer around the sling posts?
Between this beauty and Elvira, very excited about these new releases.

#592 4 years ago

I'm in, LE coming this week.
Elvira 3 as well.

They both look like great playing games.
Both going on location, Maybe POTC LE while I wait for them.
We will see what the league players think of them both.

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Do current owners of the LE now have the new playfields with the art no longer around the sling posts?

Yes, the LE's all have the newer PF design with art removed around posts.
They also have a thinner layer of clear, and it really looks like this one will not have the clear coat pooling issue.

#594 4 years ago

Updated list of Members LE's that have arrived. Congrats all to this lovely game.

011 cjmjmm2006

026 Da_Topper
044 Medfly
078 Charliew65

101 youdontknowme
119 Zavadoza
120 youdontknowme
121 youdontknowme
122 younginvisions
130 hassellcastle
135 blimpey
159 catchlight
161 mthirkell

200 Peanuts
252 @vongator
260 T7
278 Breger1

350 TUFLYF
375 DylanFan71
378 Coindropper

No one yet has posted from outside North America. I guess shipping to overseas might be the delay.

FilmClubJurassicPark (resized).jpgFilmClubJurassicPark (resized).jpg
#595 4 years ago

Thanks T7. That would make my decision easier.
I think I’d be happy with either the LE or the Premium; but my heart is leaning towards the LE. Love the powder coating & blades; the upgraded speakers, shaker and high def glass are nice additions as well.
With an Elvira 3 LE already on order, this will be awesome compliment.

#596 4 years ago

Tournament on JP2 LE this afternoon in France :

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Thanks T7. That would make my decision easier.
I think I’d be happy with either the LE or the Premium; but my heart is leaning towards the LE. Love the powder coating & blades; the upgraded speakers, shaker and high def glass are nice additions as well.
With an Elvira 3 LE already on order, this will be awesome compliment.

A few other cool items as well.

The Limited Edition model is limited to 500 units globally. The Limited Edition model includes additional unique features such as a sequentially numbered plaque, an exclusive mirrored backglass, exclusive custom themed cabinet artwork, a custom autographed bottom arch

Reason for posting this, Any pictures of the custom autographed bottom arch, is that the signature on the apron?

#598 4 years ago

It’s just a thing on Pinside. Some people think they know better how to spend your money

I love the look of the green LE. Hope to get mine next week

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s just a thing on Pinside. Some people think they know better how to spend your money
I love the look of the green LE. Hope to get mine next week

Funny response...

Another Texan joins the party.

Congrats.

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Tournament on JP2 LE this afternoon in France :

Great video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/12?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.