(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 184.
#6351 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yeah something is definitely wrong for that ball to sit on the wireform. Your playfield is flat or tilted backwards

Actually I think the playfield is angle too STEEP! This corkscrew wireform ramp angle is normally sloping front to back (higher in the front of the ramp than the back of the ramp), whereas most pinball ramps slope back to front. So having a steeper angle of the playfield will flatten the 'backward' slope.

Is your playfield more than 7-degrees?

#6352 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Is your playfield more than 7-degrees?

...And not -7degrees.

#6353 3 years ago

Cool

#6354 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I purchased my JP premium, topper, shaker, and amber plunger from CGR. Was a great over experience overall, communication was great every step of the way, and I would highly recommend doing business with them.

Ordered my amber plunger this morning at 8:30..... got shipping notice at 9 Nice! Ordering mods before game arrives...lol Need jeep....have not located one yet

#6355 3 years ago

duplicate

#6356 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Ordered my amber plunger this morning at 8:30..... got shipping notice at 9 Nice! Ordering mods before game arrives...lol Need jeep....have not located one yet

PM'd you.

#6357 3 years ago

If it was "duplicate" how come it wasn't the same?

My trick is to quickly think of some other thing I can say (often trivial), so at least it looks like I meant to do it.

#6358 3 years ago

Playfield is just under 7 at the flippers. The ball did come down the ramp by itself eventually. Possibly a little magnetised but unlikely. The ball didn’t actually come from down the ramp but rather landed onto the mid point from the pop bumper richochet

#6359 3 years ago

After my JP Premium arriving a little over a week ago, I finally put the glass on and secured the lockbar for the first time (I've been modding ever since it arrived). Just played my first real game, and I must say that I absolutely love the look and feel of this pin. The shots are fun but challenging, and the flow is nice even with the occasional respites (which I kind of like so I can actually take a short break and look at the screen). I have a ton to learn about this game, a few more basic mods to do, and of course updating to Tim's code, but I can already tell this one is going to stay in the collection a long time, if not forever.

#6360 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

After my JP Premium arriving a little over a week ago, I finally put the glass on and secured the lockbar for the first time (I've been modding ever since it arrived). Just played my first real game, and I must say that I absolutely love the look and feel of this pin. The shots are fun but challenging, and the flow is nice even with the occasional respites (which I kind of like so I can actually take a short break and look at the screen). I have a ton to learn about this game, a few more basic mods to do, and of course updating to Tim's code, but I can already tell this one is going to stay in the collection a long time, if not forever.

Oh Yeah!!!!!! I remember all the way back at the beginning.

#6361 3 years ago

Just joined the Prem club this week. Ordered from Operation Pinball as they had some in stock and shipped next day. Nov 2 build date and it looks awesome and a fun pin. My first premium and first NIB. There are a few things I would like to know from some of you who have dialed your game in.

Out of the box, the T-Rex would only lower to the clear plastic at the top of the ramp. It wasn't even close to catching the ball when lowered. I followed the instructions in this post and adjusted the head mechanism all the way up to give the T-Rex mouth down as far as possible. When I put the playfield back in the machine, the head then rises about 1/4 of an inch. It looks like it is hitting the back of the cab. The good news is that the mouth now catches about 90% of the shots. If I lift the playfield, the mouth drops and rests on the ramp like it should. Anyone else notice this? Is there anything I can do about it? The mechanism is up as far as it can go.

I also notice that the Helipad ramp shot is rejecting quite a few shots when using the plunger and from the auto plunge. Is there some adjustment to the scoop or something to make this better

The outer orbit shot from the upper flipper is mega fast. I don't have the reflex speed yet to catch it coming back around. It flies back trough the right side and then SDTM. I am reading that either the upper flipper bat or the post should be adjusted, but I am not sure which.

Would love some help getting the game setup perfectly.

#6362 3 years ago
Quoted from WonderMellon:

Just joined the Prem club this week. Ordered from Operation Pinball as they had some in stock and shipped next day. Nov 2 build date and it looks awesome and a fun pin. My first premium and first NIB. There are a few things I would like to know from some of you who have dialed your game in.
Out of the box, the T-Rex would only lower to the clear plastic at the top of the ramp. It wasn't even close to catching the ball when lowered. I followed the instructions in this post and adjusted the head mechanism all the way up to give the T-Rex mouth down as far as possible. When I put the playfield back in the machine, the head then rises about 1/4 of an inch. It looks like it is hitting the back of the cab. The good news is that the mouth now catches about 90% of the shots. If I lift the playfield, the mouth drops and rests on the ramp like it should. Anyone else notice this? Is there anything I can do about it? The mechanism is up as far as it can go.
I also notice that the Helipad ramp shot is rejecting quite a few shots when using the plunger and from the auto plunge. Is there some adjustment to the scoop or something to make this better
The outer orbit shot from the upper flipper is mega fast. I don't have the reflex speed yet to catch it coming back around. It flies back trough the right side and then SDTM. I am reading that either the upper flipper bat or the post should be adjusted, but I am not sure which.

In regards to T-Rex, can you take a video to show us what you mean? If she's catching 90% of the balls, then that is pretty good.

Plunger issue, first see if this key post helps https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/28#post-5255575

Where is your upper flipper positioned? The front of the flipper bat should line up to the PF marker dot next to the post (you can't adjust the post). The post should sit out from the flipper, such that any balls exiting the upper loop that you don't try hitting (or miss) will hit the post and be deflected from going SDTM

#6363 3 years ago

Joined the club this week with a premium. I've had the ball get stuck just below the pop bumpers a few times, in the dip between the wire gate and the rubber that runs under the ramp. I'm used to balls getting stuck in pop bumper areas on sterns ( especially Star Trek! ), a little nudge or wait for ball search normally works but isn't working on JP as the ball isn't resting against a pop bumper. Is this a common issue?

#6364 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Joined the club this week with a premium. I've had the ball get stuck just below the pop bumpers a few times, in the dip between the wire gate and the rubber that runs under the ramp. I'm used to balls getting stuck in pop bumper areas on sterns ( especially Star Trek! ), a little nudge or wait for ball search normally works but isn't working on JP as the ball isn't resting against a pop bumper. Is this a common issue?

That happened on mine too, and you had to tilt the game to free it. I replaced all of my rubbers with perfect play from pinball life and I think maybe because it's a little thicker, the ball hasn't hung up there since.

#6365 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Don't forget the guardrails. You don't want Dino's taking out your shiny new Helo
I also added an additional washer to the counterweight. Spins so nice!
[quoted image]

What did you use to make the barrier?

#6366 3 years ago

I think Manny65 has it all covered in his post above. Just wanted to add one minor suggestion that could also help on the upper flipper. On mine I occasionally need to adjust the ball guide so the ball will transition off it and roll smoothly down the face of the upper flipper to hit the post. Even when the flipper is aligned properly, if the end of that ball guide is a hair too close in to the flipper rubber, then when the ball transitions from the guide to the flipper it will hop slightly away from the face of the flipper. This will make hitting the tower shot more difficult and can also cause the ball to not deflect off the post when it comes out of the orbit and instead go SDTM. All you have to do to adjust the guide is remove the plastic above it, loosen the screw holding the guide, use pliers to push hard on the end of the guide a few times to get it bending out a bit more, then while pushing a final time with the pliers re-tighten the screw. Test it by rolling a ball down the right ramp wire and see if it hops away from the flipper or if it rolls down smoothly and deflects off the post.

#6367 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

What did you use to make the barrier?

It's just some hanging wire bent around the posts that were left after I removed the plastic helicopter

#6368 3 years ago

I spent some time looking at this further. The T-Rex head moves just by lifting the Playfield. The head drops before the Playfield hangers even come up out of the front of the lockdown. Does anyone else see this on your machine when you lift the Playfield and the t-Rex is in the down position?

Not sure I can upload a video. Here are before and after images. You can see the head drop based on the position compared to the top plastic.

8E73EDA7-A997-4C02-BAEA-64B0231D7E7C (resized).jpeg8E73EDA7-A997-4C02-BAEA-64B0231D7E7C (resized).jpegA05365B4-0904-4058-8A7C-5CD2833438A8 (resized).jpegA05365B4-0904-4058-8A7C-5CD2833438A8 (resized).jpeg
#6369 3 years ago

Here is a pic of the upper flipper alignment

D1988CDF-7971-446E-980A-0B55DF204AC3 (resized).jpegD1988CDF-7971-446E-980A-0B55DF204AC3 (resized).jpeg
#6370 3 years ago

I spent some time looking at this further. The T-Rex head moves just by lifting the Playfield. The head drops before the Playfield hangers even come up out of the front of the lockdown. Does anyone else see this on your machine when you lift the Playfield and the t-Rex is in the down position?
Not sure I can upload a video. Here are before and after images. You can see the head drop based on the position compared to the top plastic. [quoted image][quoted image]

Sounds like the back of mech may be touching something that causes it to not move when down, and moves the mech when you lift the playfield. Is the wire bundle from the back box secure in the corner?

#6371 3 years ago

I moved the wire bundle in back. Not sure it made a difference. The T-Rex catches the ball, so I am going to stop worrying about it.

I also removed the plastic and loosened the ball guide on the right side. It doesn’t seem like there is an adjustment to it, but I held it out as I screwed it back in. So far the balls seem to go to the left flipper or left sling. Much better than STDM.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

#6372 3 years ago

Here is a pic of the upper flipper alignment [quoted image]

Your pic doesn't show the alignment dot on the PF to be able to comment on the position

The front of the flipper bat is supposed to line up with the PF dot. In the below pic I've drawn a red line to show that the flipper is marginally sitting back from the dot (the green arrow is pointing to it)

JP Upper Flipper (resized).jpgJP Upper Flipper (resized).jpg
#6373 3 years ago

Question about the factory helipad blades. Is it balanced so that the long blade is supposed to be hovering over the ramp all the time after it spins? Or is it random/gravity based so to speak?

#6374 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question about the factory helipad blades. Is it balanced so that the long blade is supposed to be hovering over the ramp all the time after it spins? Or is it random/gravity based so to speak?

Yes, that way when at rest and a ball goes by it will always be in the position to spin. This is why the various counterweights (washers & nut) are on some of the blades.

#6375 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, that way when at rest and a ball goes by it will always be in the position to spin. This is why the various counterweights (washers & nut) are on some of the blades.

Copy that thanks. That’s what I figured, however mine doesn’t do that. I’ll have to take a closer look sometime this week.

#6376 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Copy that thanks. That’s what I figured, however mine doesn’t do that. I’ll have to take a closer look sometime this week.

Set pitch to 7 degrees first and level from side-to-side. Make sure the blade spins freely, and then you can start messing with the counterweights.

#6377 3 years ago

Good afternoon, Hoping you guys can help. My machine has been working perfectly since I got it. Unfortunately yesterday the T Rex decided to stop releasing the balls after he captures them. So for example when I start the first Multi Ball he simply never releases the ball and then T rex multi ball starts and once I lose the new ball the machine will attempt to "locate" the balls which will open its mouth and the ball will drop. I also noticed that in other situations the head will come down and have its mouth open when its not supposed to... after it catches the ball in that situation it immediately releases it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#6378 3 years ago

On T-Rex multi ball the Dino won’t catch the ball anymore, cleaned Optos magnet isn’t firing anything else I can do

#6379 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

On T-Rex multi ball the Dino won’t catch the ball anymore, cleaned Optos magnet isn’t firing anything else I can do

Does it grab in other modes and/or is it seem like it’s just an inconsistent and sporadic on grabs? Maybe with lots of ball deflects off the T-REX face? Or does it seem like something is actually wrong with the mech or sensors?

I’ve been battling this since day1. It seems a pristine shot needs to be made to make it in the T-REX, but even then sometimes the smallest ball hop occurs at the last second and causes a bouncing rejection. That said, I was at about 7.2 deg pitch, I brought it down to 7 deg, and then again and at about 6.9 deg now. It seems way better now. I also have been playing with different bias settings which can be found at the end of the feature adjustments. Mainly playing with middle bias. I’ve also played with the right flipper power.

All in all, the biggest adjustment that seems to help is lowering the pitch some (6.9’ish). Another thing I read is removing the spacers from the ball deflector / ramp protector entering the left ramp, I’ve done that too and it seems to help but might be psychological.

The next thing I may toy with is the actual mech and adjustments behind the T-REX. But I’m happy with where things settled for the time being.

Good luck! Let us know if you find any discoveries or get it working.

#6380 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does it grab in other modes and/or is it seem like it’s just an inconsistent and sporadic on grabs? Maybe with lots of ball deflects off the T-REX face? Or does it seem like something is actually wrong with the mech or sensors?
I’ve been battling this since day1. It seems a pristine shot needs to be made to make it in the T-REX, but even then sometimes the smallest ball hop occurs at the last second and causes a bouncing rejection. That said, I was at about 7.2 deg pitch, I brought it down to 7 deg, and then again and at about 6.9 deg now. It seems way better now. I also have been playing with different bias settings which can be found at the end of the feature adjustments. Mainly playing with middle bias. I’ve also played with the right flipper power.
All in all, the biggest adjustment that seems to help is lowering the pitch some (6.9’ish). Another thing I read is removing the spacers from the ball deflector / ramp protector entering the left ramp, I’ve done that too and it seems to help but might be psychological.
The next thing I may toy with is the actual mech and adjustments behind the T-REX. But I’m happy with where things settled for the time being.
Good luck! Let us know if you find any discoveries or get it working.

Seems to only be on T-Rex multi ball. I loosened the bolts in back and adjusted his lower jaw, aligned him dead center on the ramp. Used a Qtip and windex and cleaned the optical sensors. Took the spacers out of the front plastic cover.

#6381 3 years ago

Just looked....JP #2 in the top 100!!

#6382 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Seems to only be on T-Rex multi ball. I loosened the bolts in back and adjusted his lower jaw, aligned him dead center on the ramp. Used a Qtip and windex and cleaned the optical sensors. Took the spacers out of the front plastic cover.

Is windex safe to use to clean the sensors?

#6383 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Just looked....JP #2 in the top 100!!

It's the best game IMO. If you get the Tim code takes it to a level no pin has reached.

#6384 3 years ago

Just replaced my new yellow Titans with new "new" yellow Titans (except for under the Jeep - maybe tomorrow). I like the color much better since it is pure yellow without the green tint. You can also see my prototype Barbados can in some of the pics.

IMG_4996.JPGIMG_4996.JPGIMG_4997.JPGIMG_4997.JPGIMG_4998.JPGIMG_4998.JPGIMG_4999.JPGIMG_4999.JPG
"new" yellow on the left, and original yellow on the right
IMG_4995 (resized).JPGIMG_4995 (resized).JPG

#6385 3 years ago

Sneak peek - probably more to come tomorrow.

1.gif1.gif
#6386 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sneak peek - probably more to come tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Get me on the list. Looks awesome!

#6387 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sneak peek - probably more to come tomorrow.[quoted image]

Wouldn’t that cover up the nice Control Room Mod?

#6388 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Wouldn’t that cover up the nice Control Room Mod?

Yes, you would have to remove the top plastic, whatever you were using (original clear or the control room one).

I don’t have the modded plastic, and I thought this was the best place in the playfield since it is by Nedry, and I can leverage the existing lighting and mount. Going to be a very simple install, yet still bring one of the most iconic elements from the movie into the game without overpowering anything or looking forced into the theme, IMO.

#6389 3 years ago

Is that spotlight behind the helipad plastic blinding to anyone besides me? I bent its mount as much as I could to angle it more rearward, but it still catches my eye.

#6390 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sneak peek - probably more to come tomorrow.[quoted image]

I had been thinking your DE can was on the short list of things that would look good there.
This takes it up a notch with the vials.
I also agree that its not too big so it doesn't feel forced in there.
That looks great.

#6391 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is that spotlight behind the helipad plastic blinding to anyone besides me? I bent its mount as much as I could to angle it more rearward, but it still catches my eye.

The mezelmods fossil sign for the helipad installs directly in front of that spotlight and blocks it from eyesight. I think those fossil signs looks great and that particular one comes with that added bonus.

#6392 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is that spotlight behind the helipad plastic blinding to anyone besides me?

flashinstinct was considering a winch mod that would help with the light.

Quoted from per3per3:

The mezelmods fossil sign for the helipad installs directly in front of that spotlight and blocks it from eyesight. I think those fossil signs looks great and that particular one comes with that added bonus.

Agreed, that these look great and block the light!

#6393 3 years ago

Had a friend print me a new backglass with a couple of modifications. This is actually a glass print, not a translite, with a white print backing to it. I removed all of the credits from the graphic, and I also had him not do white over the eyes of the dinosaurs to make them glow a little more. I think it came out great.

IMG_5018 (resized).JPGIMG_5018 (resized).JPGIMG_5019 (resized).JPGIMG_5019 (resized).JPGIMG_5020 (resized).JPGIMG_5020 (resized).JPG
#6396 3 years ago

You beat me to it. Looks freakin incredible.

I bet he sells out the 200 for the USA in a few days..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6397 3 years ago

I managed to complete the super ultra skill shot (4 shots) recently. I just about had it again tonight when smart missile got in my way after completing the third shot.

One of the things that keeps drawing me back to the game are the map progression rules and rescue shots and which I have a lot of fun making. But, I have to say I'm just not a fan of the control room modes for some reason. I find them quite difficult to complete.

Rob

1 week later
#6398 3 years ago

Quick question... Does Game Adjustment #331 change how much the jaw opens?

My T-Rex jaw is not touching the ramp, causing many of the shots to hit the bottom edge of the jaw, and reject.

If I lower the assembly, the sides of the jaw make contact with the side of the ramp, creating a bigger problem.

Anyone?

#6399 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Quick question... Does Game Adjustment #331 change how much the jaw opens?
My T-Rex jaw is not touching the ramp, causing many of the shots to hit the bottom edge of the jaw, and reject.
If I lower the assembly, the sides of the jaw make contact with the side of the ramp, creating a bigger problem.
Anyone?

Not sure how many (if any) have played with the latest T-Rex adjustments. I would suggest you note down the current setting and then try adjusting to see what that particular adjustment does and whether it was useful. If not then return it back to the original setting. Hope you get it sorted and if you discover what the various adjustments do then please share as I’m sure there’ll be others in the future looking for this info.

#6400 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Not sure how many (if any) have played with the latest T-Rex adjustments. I would suggest you note down the current setting and then try adjusting to see what that particular adjustment does and whether it was useful. If not then return it back to the original setting. Hope you get it sorted and if you discover what the various adjustments do then please share as I’m sure there’ll be others in the future looking for this info.

Latest adjustments?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 35.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 39.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/128 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.