(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 185.
#6301 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My game is just now setup where I can play, and I have a ton to read on how to actually play this game. Thus far, I've been able to test everything successfully except the T-Rex eating a ball. I don't know if there is a test for this or even how to accomplish it during game play. I know I can search around, but was wondering if someone could give me a quick response on how I can test either through the service modes or manually get to it by hand during a game?

I'd say just test it through game play, and give it a lot of play to get a feel for it and see how it's going before you adjust anything. That way you're only adjusting it if it's really necessary.

The catches come into play mainly for starting the T-REX modes. Hit the truck to complete the T-REX letters and it'll start a T-Rex mode, and the T-Rex modes start with the mouth coming down to catch the ball. First one is T-Rex multiball. Actual game play will give you the best idea on how well it's catching the ball.

#6302 3 years ago

Finally got all my games in one place. Moving sucks.
I redid some of my covers .
They had a cool special so I did both sides for a little change in seasons. Lol
Once our house is finished I will hang the banners.

97AEA4B2-7C86-471C-A832-5265DA020A36 (resized).jpeg97AEA4B2-7C86-471C-A832-5265DA020A36 (resized).jpeg997FBEF0-DFA8-4FA4-8D97-2EEC2DFF3D7C (resized).jpeg997FBEF0-DFA8-4FA4-8D97-2EEC2DFF3D7C (resized).jpegAA823037-84D6-4626-A788-E95C9247D3CF (resized).jpegAA823037-84D6-4626-A788-E95C9247D3CF (resized).jpegC366E886-60D8-447B-ADEF-B3DB22235390 (resized).jpegC366E886-60D8-447B-ADEF-B3DB22235390 (resized).jpegDD1574CF-2FAD-4291-A1CA-6619D2D06B11 (resized).jpegDD1574CF-2FAD-4291-A1CA-6619D2D06B11 (resized).jpegE2DFDBE7-1C00-4E15-81D6-8B205E8EE11F (resized).jpegE2DFDBE7-1C00-4E15-81D6-8B205E8EE11F (resized).jpeg
#6303 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I'd say just test it through game play, and give it a lot of play to get a feel for it and see how it's going before you adjust anything. That way you're only adjusting it if it's really necessary.
The catches come into play mainly for starting the T-REX modes. Hit the truck to complete the T-REX letters and it'll start a T-Rex mode, and the T-Rex modes start with the mouth coming down to catch the ball. First one is T-Rex multiball. Actual game play will give you the best idea on how well it's catching the ball.

I agree. The main thing is I just wanted to see it work once but wasn't sure how to make it happen. I won't start tweaking until I observe there is an issue, if there happens to be one.

#6304 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you're ready for a pinball beach party (the covers remind me of themed beach towels)!

#6305 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Looks like you're ready for a pinball beach party (the covers remind me of themed beach towels)!

I wish I could have a party...

#6306 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

So, I've played a couple of games, and also played with the glass off, but for the life of me I couldn't get the T-Rex to even lower onto the ramp to catch the ball. I probably messed with this over an hour, and right when my frustration has reached is maximum it suddenly hit me . . . when I put my titan rings on the newton ball did I not put something back together. Topside looked good and I thought the bottom looked good until something clicked in my brain. Stupid me, I put the collar on upside down so it wasn't tripping the optos (the metal tab should rotate between the two sets, not above them).

Came downstairs to get an allen wrench, so headed back up to fix my mistake and hopefully feed the T-Rex!

Edit: Wow, so much more fun with a working T-Rex. He chowed down a few times, and even slung the ball once. I like this action even more than my previous DE JP T-Rex.

IMG_4694 (resized).JPGIMG_4694 (resized).JPG

#6307 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love the covers. I see one of them has a tag so I assume they are sold somewhere. May I ask where you got them?

#6308 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, I've played a couple of games, and also played with the glass off, but for the life of me I couldn't get the T-Rex to even lower onto the ramp to catch the ball. I probably messed with this over an hour, and right when my frustration has reached is maximum it suddenly hit me . . . when I put my titan rings on the newton ball did I not put something back together. Topside looked good and I thought the bottom looked good until something clicked in my brain. Stupid me, I put the collar on upside down so it wasn't tripping the optos (the metal tab should rotate between the two sets, not above them).
Came downstairs to get an allen wrench, so headed back up to fix my mistake and hopefully feed the T-Rex!
Edit: Wow, so much more fun with a working T-Rex. He chowed down a few times, and even slung the ball once. I like this action even more than my previous DE JP T-Rex.
[quoted image]

You took something apart there to install rings?

#6309 3 years ago

Yes, I removed the collar below the playfield and pulled out the jeep/rod assembly so that I could grip the newton ball well enough to remove the nut holding it on (I tried doing it installed, but I just couldn't grip it tight enough and didn't want to use a tool that might damage it). On the horizontal shaft there are 4 rings which I replaced (tough to see in pics as the shaft is directly below the Jeep).

#6310 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, I removed the collar below the playfield and pulled out the jeep/rod assembly so that I could grip the newton ball well enough to remove the nut holding it on (I tried doing it installed, but I just couldn't grip it tight enough and didn't want to use a tool that might damage it). On the horizontal shaft there are 4 rings which I replaced (tough to see in pics as it sits directly below the Jeep).

Holy hell... You are way more dedicated to detail than me!

#6311 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Holy hell... You are way more dedicated to detail than me!

I just didn't want any black rubber degrading anywhere on my playfield. Also, OCD would not allow me to change out everything but those.

Here are the results if you don't follow the other thread (I didn't have pic at the time where the jeep rings were visible, so I've attached one): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/160#post-5962762

IMG_4705 (resized).JPGIMG_4705 (resized).JPG
#6312 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just didn't want any black rubber degrading anywhere on my playfield. Also, OCD would not allow me to change out everything but those.
Here are the results if you don't follow the other thread (I didn't have pic at the time where the jeep rings were visible, so I've attached one): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/160#post-5962762[quoted image]

Nice attention to detail!!! Clearly feeding the inner OCD daemons

#6313 3 years ago

Wow, so much more fun with a working T-Rex. He chowed down a few times, and even slung the ball once.
[quoted image]

Yeah TRex was such a unique and cool part of this game. I was going back and forth between this and Avengers, Keith Elwin games so far are awesome, and almost got Avengers because there was a company who's website claim to have this game but find out they did not and couldn't find it anywhere else, gave him a few days to see if he could get one on trade and low and behold another site just got 4 in IA week before last. So cancelled the order and snagged one of those up and couldn't be happier. Although I think Avengers may eventually get in my collection

#6314 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Correct for the bottom flippers. Top flipper the hole aligns to the top of the bat.

Having difficulty consistently hitting the tower shot. In researching this, it looks like my upper flipper is slightly out of alignment (alignment hole should line up with front of plastic/flipper bat). Am I seeing this correctly?

Upper Flipper (resized).jpgUpper Flipper (resized).jpg
#6315 3 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

Having difficulty consistently hitting the tower shot. In researching this, it looks like my upper flipper is slightly out of alignment (alignment hole should line up with front of plastic/flipper bat). Am I seeing this correctly?[quoted image]

While the bats on Stern machines usually are intended to lineup with the play field indent alignment hole, one of the developers confirms the upper bat should be below. Much like in your picture...

#6316 3 years ago

Having difficulty consistently hitting the tower shot. In researching this, it looks like my upper flipper is slightly out of alignment (alignment hole should line up with front of plastic/flipper bat). Am I seeing this correctly?[quoted image]

Your set-up is correct.

Dot should be aligned with the top of the bat so that the ball hits the post on a non-flip of the upper flipper. Otherwise the ball will roll off and drain SDTM.

#6317 3 years ago

Your flipper maybe marginally back a little from the dot, however mine is much the same as yours.

What pitch do you have the PF? And is it level side-to-side? Lastly have you checked to see if the balll touches the tower ramp flap screw head, as if it does this will cause issues with making the ramp

JP Upper Flipper (resized).jpgJP Upper Flipper (resized).jpg
#6318 3 years ago

One other thing to consider is the left screw on the ramp flap entering the tower. I’ve heard removing it (replace with Mylar) will vastly improve the shot. After having my game nearly a week, I’m starting to notice all the rejects from that shot and it does ‘seem’ like it in fact is because of that screw. I plan to remove mine soon - I would have done it already but don’t have the right type of screwdriver to get to it.

#6319 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

One other thing to consider is the left screw on the ramp flap entering the tower. I’ve heard removing it (replace with Mylar) will vastly improve the shot. After having my game nearly a week, I’m starting to notice all the rejects from that shot and it does ‘seem’ like it in fact is because of that screw. I plan to remove mine soon - I would have done it already but don’t have the right type of screwdriver to get to it.

The 12 inch long kind!

#6320 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I removed the ramp flap completely, no mylar, about 200 games and no wear.

#6321 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The 12 inch long kind!

I had to buy an 8-inch PH1 screwdriver from amazon for this one screw! It was a $7 tool for a one-time use.... but worked fine!

#6322 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I removed the ramp flap completely, no mylar, about 200 games and no wear.

Be careful without any protection. Without the flap or any mylar protection, any failed attempts where the ball starts it's upward climb will land the ball smack down on the front of the ramp where it meets the playfield (where the flap would normally be), likely damaging the wood/clearcoat after awhile. The ball will be essentially dropping a few inches over and over from each failed attempt.

Cliffy has a new carbon fiber replacement flap that adheres to the surface and is made for the exact location.

#6323 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I had to buy an 8-inch PH1 screwdriver from amazon for this one screw! It was a $7 tool for a one-time use.... but worked fine!

I used a ratcheting right angle screwdriver. These come in handy for hard to reach places.

https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-03044A-Ratcheting-Screwdriver-Close-Quarters/dp/B000XYOUS6/ref=sr_1_9

#6324 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I used a ratcheting right angle screwdriver. These come in handy for hard to reach places.
amazon.com link »

I had time to get the tool so since I noticed that Stern made a nice little cut-out above the screw for a long screwdriver, away I went!!! Your rachet may have worked good too as you had it in your toolbox already. All I had to do was remove one of the Tower roof triangles first. (I have since replaced the whole roof with a home-made thatched/bamboo version)

To remove the screw, I got the "uxcell #1 Phillips Screwdriver 8 Inch Round Shaft Non Slip Comfortable Handle" from amazon, now $8.79
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D7D4SNW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#6325 3 years ago

During T-Rex Multi-ball the T-Rex doesn't release the ball until after the 2nd ball is drained. Then, it only releases it on a ball search.
For all other T-Rex functions, it works fine. Catches ball properly, registers properly, etc.

Any Ideas?

#6326 3 years ago

I had to buy an 8-inch PH1 screwdriver from amazon for this one screw!

It's a screwdriver. I promise you'll find another use for it.

#6327 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It's a screwdriver. I promise you'll find another use for it.

LOL

#6328 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Simplemente no quería que ninguna goma negra se degradara en ningún lugar de mi campo de juego. Además, el TOC no me permitiría cambiar todo excepto esos.
Aquí están los resultados si no sigue el otro hilo (no tenía una foto en el momento en que los anillos del jeep eran visibles, así que adjunté uno): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/ topic / jurassic-park-stern-2019-owner-club-bienvenido-a-jurassic-park / page / 160 # post-5962762[quoted image]

best yellow and black combined, not?

#6329 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I have one of these but there isn't enough clearance between the bit and the side of the ratchet to turn the screw it hits the side of the ramp. Just my experience

#6330 3 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

best yellow and black combined, not?

Yellow & black combined would look good, I think. Would support a caution theme approach. Even so, personally I would still switch over to Titan silicone rings instead of rubber.

#6331 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yellow & black combined would look good, I think. Would support a caution theme approach. Even so, personally I would still switch over to Titan silicone rings instead of rubber.

IMO Titans regular flipper silicone is way to bouncy, their low bounce ones are very similar to Super Bands. If going with Titans, and you have never tried the low bounce Titan flipper silicone, give 'em a try.

#6332 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

IMO Titans regular flipper silicone is way to bouncy, their low bounce ones are very similar to Super Bands. If going with Titans, and you have never tried the low bounce Titan flipper silicone, give 'em a try.

Most definitely. I have the thin flipper bands on all my pins.

#6333 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I have one of these but there isn't enough clearance between the bit and the side of the ratchet to turn the screw it hits the side of the ramp. Just my experience

Now that you mention that I may have used a small extension on the mini ratchet to get around that.

20201116_182926 (resized).jpg20201116_182926 (resized).jpg
#6334 3 years ago

Quick question, what's wrong with actual rubber? It's actually getting harder to find real rubber rings. Everyone seems to have this silicone crap. From my experience, the silicone actually breaks faster.

#6335 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Your flipper maybe marginally back a little from the dot, however mine is much the same as yours.
What pitch do you have the PF? And is it level side-to-side? Lastly have you checked to see if the balll touches the tower ramp flap screw head, as if it does this will cause issues with making the ramp
[quoted image]

My PF is at about 6.9 - 7.0 % and level side to side. I will check and see if the screw is impacting the ball flight. Thanks to all that reviewed and replied.

#6337 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Quick question, what's wrong with actual rubber? It's actually getting harder to find real rubber rings. Everyone seems to have this silicone crap. From my experience, the silicone actually breaks faster.

I've had Titan silicone rings on pins for around 5 years with zero degradation. Ordinary rubber can degrade and leave residue. Not to mention all of the colors that silicone offers to personalize your pin.

However, I know there are traditionalist that prefer rubber for the "feel" and control. To each their own as far as I'm concerned - go with what you like/prefer.

#6338 3 years ago

If anyone in Canada is interested in a Stern JP shooter rod, Nitro has them back in stock:

https://nitropinball.com/collections/stern-shop/products/jurassic-park-led-shooter-rod

#6340 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Nothing. I tried titan, super band, etc... the bounce of factory rubbers seems the best for my liking. But, as someone mentioned, regular rubber leaves more residue. Not such an issue in a home use environment where you can clean your game at leisure. But for location or large collections, I imagine silicone would be better to help reduce maintenance.

#6342 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Did stern fix the quality issues with the shooter knob? Curious if the newer buyers are happy with it?

See for yourself. Here is the one I just received from CGR: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/162#post-5966179

#6343 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

3 days, 130+ plays with the help of robt - shaker, sub, game is pretty intense. Mini review incoming:
Tons of integration, Adrenalin, intensity, and “moments!” I play a lot of Jurassic Park and Jurassic world video games with my kids and to me, this game nails the theme with sounds, video, and call outs. It feels like a Jurassic Park game, not a movie; and that’s a huge plus to me. Code is super deep and super wide, still learning, and still digging. It’s a tough yet satisfying layout, and when you make the shots when they’re needed...so rewarding, especially the 2 and 3 hit combos. Not quite to the billion club yet, but almost; if I didn’t tilt my last game in the visitor center I may have made it haha.
[quoted image]

Thanks for letting me get some plays in!

Game is legit. Great sound effects and choreography. Some shots are definitely on the tighter, more difficult side...which I actually liked. Made them more satisfying to hit. I really liked how many shots there are on this pin. Very cool.

#6344 3 years ago

Be careful without any protection. Without the flap or any mylar protection, any failed attempts where the ball starts it's upward climb will land the ball smack down on the front of the ramp where it meets the playfield (where the flap would normally be), likely damaging the wood/clearcoat after awhile. The ball will be essentially dropping a few inches over and over from each failed attempt.
Cliffy has a new carbon fiber replacement flap that adheres to the surface and is made for the exact location.

Do you happen to have a link for the cliffy flap?

#6345 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Do you happen to have a link for the cliffy flap?

[email protected] is his email. Just tell him what you need and he will let you know cost and send you an invoice via PayPal.

#6346 3 years ago

Ball search isn’t going to find this magic spin ball. Bounced up from a hard pop bumper hit on the chaos shot and just spun there

#6347 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Ball search isn’t going to find this magic spin ball. Bounced up from a hard pop bumper hit on the chaos shot and just spun there

Surely that shots gotta be worth some points??

The best I've done was the other day, I shot a very fast right loop and the ball got to the up post as it came up. The orbit trajectory combined with being launched into the air by the up post resulted in the ball being fired like a cannon at T-Rex - not sure whom was more caught off guard, me or dino!!

#6348 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

What is the angle of your playfield?

#6349 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Yeah something is definitely wrong for that ball to sit on the wireform. Your playfield is flat or tilted backwards

#6350 3 years ago

It almost looks like the ball is magnetized. Can you repeat it by hand (try all 6 balls to see if one is the culprit)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/127?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.