(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 185.
#6151 3 years ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Looks much better than the flat plastic! Where are you guys finding these? My Google search didn't find this one for sale anywhere.

I had a hard time tracking one of these down, but found a good price here (about $10 shipped): https://www.inmyparentsbasement.com, but I don’t know if he has any left or not.

#6152 3 years ago

Stern Jurassic Park T-Rex doesn't move at all. I own the limited edition, only owner. When I got the pinball table on release, the T-Rex worked perfectly. Once I updated the new code that Stern released it has never worked since. I figured that the code made it harder to have the T-Rex move/grab the ball, but after having it for almost a year without moving, I asked my friend about it and he said his moves every game he plays.

My guess is that if it's not broken maybe when I updated it I hit a switch that turned off that part of the T-Rex? If that is the case, where could I turn that back on? Any tips would be huge!

#6153 3 years ago

You didn’t install the code for the pro version, did you?

#6154 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I had a hard time tracking one of these down, but found a good price here (about $10 shipped): https://www.inmyparentsbasement.com, but I don’t know if he has any left or not.

Nope, that's where I got my first one .

#6155 3 years ago

@bbulkley, nope, i made sure it was the limited one everytime.

#6156 3 years ago
Quoted from Devinsupertramp:

Stern Jurassic Park T-Rex doesn't move at all. I own the limited edition, only owner. When I got the pinball table on release, the T-Rex worked perfectly. Once I updated the new code that Stern released it has never worked since. I figured that the code made it harder to have the T-Rex move/grab the ball, but after having it for almost a year without moving, I asked my friend about it and he said his moves every game he plays.
My guess is that if it's not broken maybe when I updated it I hit a switch that turned off that part of the T-Rex? If that is the case, where could I turn that back on? Any tips would be huge!

I had the same problem a while back, thought it was code. Actually just a couple loose screws in the back of the Dino mech. Just tighten them up and you will be back in business.

#6157 3 years ago

I just hit a Quadruple Super Jackpot with the call out, didn't even know that was possible! This game still has many surprises to unleash and I only made it to the Visitor Center 1 time...

#6158 3 years ago

@oilguy, I'm looking at it as we speak, and doesn't really seem like any screws are loose, can you give me more insight into where the screws were loose on your own?

#6159 3 years ago

Use the diagnostics test for the T-Rex to check the switches. One of them is most likely not working correctly.

Rob

#6160 3 years ago

My T-Rex hasn't worked since after the first month of owning it. Several people have suggested that maybe screws are loose. I've tried that with no luck. I just did a bunch of test, and during the test, these were the things that nothing moved. I'm guessing this is when the T-Rex should move?

I did the Coil Test for the T-Rex magnet mouth. Should anything move with this?
Also the T-Rex vertical motor test, nothing happened.
During the T-Rex horizonal motor test, the T-Rex moved up and down.

IMG_3478 (resized).jpgIMG_3478 (resized).jpgIMG_4999 (resized).jpgIMG_4999 (resized).jpgIMG_7555 (resized).jpgIMG_7555 (resized).jpg
#6161 3 years ago

@rob_g, the post above, I just did these test, any insights based on this would be awesome. I own a ton of pinball machines. And haven't had to do much maintenance on them so I don't fully understand it all.

#6162 3 years ago

My s shot return has always returned over to the left sling. I’ve seen in streams that for many it lands squarely on the left flipper. Is this the intended? With standard rubbers and Titans it’s always left sling for me

#6163 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

My s shot return has always returned over to the left sling. I’ve seen in streams that for many it lands squarely on the left flipper. Is this the intended? With standard rubbers and Titans it’s always left sling for me

Mine 95% lands on the left flipper - the ball comes down along the ball guide and then clips the rubber ring below the ball guide, deflecting the ball across to the left flipper. The other 5% the ball is much slower and runs down the front of the rubber ring ending up on the right flipper (maybe these aren't rolling out of the S shot on the ball guide).

What PF pitch do you have your machine setup at? Raising it slightly might help (Keith indicated that the game was designed for 7%)

Alternatively can you loosen and bring the ball guide marginally forward so that the ball doesn't clip the rubber ring as much (ie reduce the deflection)

#6164 3 years ago

It’s at 7. I think I need to move the guide out a little so it gets less deflection from the rubber. My left control room shot also hits the sling occassionally on its return so maybe I should go a little steeper

#6165 3 years ago

Ditto...
Topper, bunch of mods from Mezel, Pinwoofer on order and a shaker all ready to go (with Tim's code on a fresh SD card of course!)
All that's missing is the machine!!!

Quoted from Hokie822:

I have a table full of mods and a loaded SD card just waiting for a home. Fingers crossed.

#6166 3 years ago

I've got the mods out the wazoo, but no pin to install them on blues (plus I also have topper and shaker ordered).

IMG_4611.JPGIMG_4611.JPG

#6167 3 years ago

Impressive!
Mine are all in boxes....

Anyone have Pinwoofer installed on their JP? Opted for Pinwoofer over an external sub.
Right call?

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've got the mods out the wazoo, but no pin to install them on blues (plus I also have topper and shaker ordered).

[quoted image]

#6168 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Impressive!
Mine are all in boxes....
Anyone have Pinwoofer installed on their JP? Opted for Pinwoofer over an external sub.
Right call?

I do... It’s awesome. I have subs on some pins. I put pinwoofer on POTC and JP. They sound 100% better.

#6169 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

Very nice buddy....let me know if you need me to come over and help...

I think you can buy a few more things....lol

1) Topper
2) Some trees
3) Barbasol Can if you can find it.
4) Shooter rod - awesome mod.
5) Raptor and Tower mod.

More coming....HAHAHA.

Nice thatched roof I can get you free...

#6170 3 years ago

1) Topper - coming with my game
2) Some trees - did you not see the bag full of them?
3) Barbasol Can if you can find it. - going to design my own
4) Shooter rod - awesome mod. - on pre-order with distributor
5) Raptor and Tower mod. - probably going to make my own versions, but I’ll see.

I’ll have to see how much the new T-Rex is going to be before I commit to it.

#6171 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

1) Topper - coming with my game
2) Some trees - did you not see the bag full of them?
3) Barbasol Can if you can find it. - going to design my own
4) Shooter rod - awesome mod. - on pre-order with distributor
5) Raptor and Tower mod. - probably going to make my own versions, but I’ll see.
I’ll have to see glow much the new T-Rex is going to be before I commit to it.

Okay I missed one item......lol.

You need PinWoofer Amp to drive those speakers...come listen to my GOT with his new system..you will be sold.

Now you are done. I think..HA

#6172 3 years ago

I cant see what's all in the Tilt package....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6173 3 years ago

rob_g, the post above, I just did these test, any insights based on this would be awesome. I own a ton of pinball machines. And haven't had to do much maintenance on them so I don't fully understand it all.

When you go into the horizontal test, the TRex lifts all the way up, then goes side to side (calibration) with switch 68 being near center.

In the vertical test, does switch 64 work? That's when the T-Rex is at the highest spot. 65 is mid and 66 is the lowest. Start with making sure these work first. You may not be able to test 66 depending where the TRex head is positioned. I think if 64 does not trigger, the Trex won't go side to side (calibration) and automatically disables. If any of the switches fail to register, the TRex will disable. I had trouble with switch 68 when I first got mine NIB.

Rob

#6174 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Mine 95% lands on the left flipper - the ball comes down along the ball guide and then clips the rubber ring below the ball guide, deflecting the ball across to the left flipper. The other 5% the ball is much slower and runs down the front of the rubber ring ending up on the right flipper (maybe these aren't rolling out of the S shot on the ball guide).
What PF pitch do you have your machine setup at? Raising it slightly might help (Keith indicated that the game was designed for 7%)
Alternatively can you loosen and bring the ball guide marginally forward so that the ball doesn't clip the rubber ring as much (ie reduce the deflection)

I’ve moved the rail out as far as I can and still be able to get the screw back into its hole. My rail is just behind the line on the artwork at the tip of the rail, you can see the black outline edge; but I still hit the left sling. I have no more adjustment to go and it’s definitely at 7 degrees

#6175 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

I’ve moved the rail out as far as I can and still be able to get the screw back into its hole. My rail is just behind the line on the artwork at the tip of the rail, you can see the black outline edge; but I still hit the left sling. I have no more adjustment to go and it’s definitely at 7 degrees

This is where my ball guide sits for comparison

S Shot (resized).jpgS Shot (resized).jpg

#6176 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

[quoted image]

Did you remove the helipad plastic under the copter? That's one thing I thought looked cool, like it was meant to be there.

#6177 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

[quoted image]

So close. Maybe I can play with slope more. It’s really annoying me now that I know that almost all return to leftflipper as I’d expected. At short plunge will goto the sling for me

12AC2DB9-DF57-4778-A32E-5D404CEC6BBF (resized).jpeg12AC2DB9-DF57-4778-A32E-5D404CEC6BBF (resized).jpeg
#6178 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

So close. Maybe I can play with slope more. It’s really annoying me now that I know that almost all return to leftflipper as I’d expected. At short plunge will goto the sling for me [quoted image]

Yep going to the left sling would make it real painful - hanging the pitch is worth trying, although if you can consistently hit all the shots then you probably don't want to mess with it too much. Could you file out the hole on the ball guide (only probably need 1mm)??

#6179 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Did you remove the helipad plastic under the copter? That's one thing I thought looked cool, like it was meant to be there.

I bought my LE second hand and the previous owner had removed the helipad to install the chopper but I agree with you the helipad under chopper looks great. One day I might get round to looking to see if I can reinstall the helipad without messing up the chopper alignment, but at the moment I'm enjoying playing it any chance I have, so no time for modding/maintenance

#6180 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I cant see what's all in the Tilt package....[quoted image]

Im not a fan of all of it, but these are my favorite blades. Tilt makes a lot of nice products.

#6181 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Im not a fan of all of it, but these are my favorite blades. Tilt makes a lot of nice products.

I thought of 2-3 more items. Must have, lol

#6182 3 years ago

Added the helicopter today, thanks to ScottyC for the help. Still waiting for the light hardware to come in, but it should have come from the factory like this

20201101_175926 (resized).jpg20201101_175926 (resized).jpg20201101_175931 (resized).jpg20201101_175931 (resized).jpg20201101_175941 (resized).jpg20201101_175941 (resized).jpg
#6183 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Added the helicopter today, thanks to ScottyC for the help. Still waiting for the light hardware to come in, but it should have come from the factory like this
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good Mate!!!! Late to the heli party...can someone post where I can buy one.

#6184 3 years ago

Looking good Mate!!!! Late to the heli party...can someone post where I can buy one.

I found one in mercari last night for $13 plus shipping. Look for the Jurassic world mission force matchbox bundle. Comes with five vehicles one of them being the isla nublar mission copter. I know there are two bundles on ebay right now. Or your other option is a certain pinball site charging a sizable markup

#6185 3 years ago

Don't forget the guardrails. You don't want Dino's taking out your shiny new Helo

I also added an additional washer to the counterweight. Spins so nice!

Screenshot_20201103-081506_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20201103-081506_Photos.jpg

#6186 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I found one in mercari last night for $13 plus shipping. Look for the Jurassic world mission force matchbox bundle. Comes with five vehicles one of them being the isla nublar mission copter. I know there are two bundles on ebay right now. Or your other option is a certain pinball site charging a sizable markup

I did end up finding some and bought 2 . One as a back up if ever the first one breaks . TY for the answer

#6187 3 years ago

Too bad there's no 'Park Mismanagement Champion' which records how many workers are killed by the dinosaurs.

Rob

#6188 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Too bad there's no 'Park Mismanagement Champion' which records how many workers are killed by the dinosaurs.
Rob

LOL!

#6189 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm going to throw my guesses out there. I have thought about buying some myself and possibly making them available with quick connects on the ends to slide on the speaker terminals for folks that are adding new speakers and are not soldering inclined. The bad part is...those molex connections were added who knows when...in any case, after SPIKE 2 games were already rolling out for a bit. So it would be a some SPIKE 2 games have them and some SPIKE 2 games don't scenario.
So here goes on my guesses (and this is for the backbox speakers):
speaker side
1 - 39012020 (2 Housings Receptacle)
2 - 39000039 (Female Crimp Terminal)
game side
1 - 39013023 (2 Housings Plug)
2 - 39000041 (Male Crimp Terminal)

Thanks, I rolled the dice and bought some that just happen to match the housing part you have listed and it worked. I wanted to be able to pull the speakers and put back the original if I decide to get rid of the game. that way I can keep your speakerlightkit for my next machine.

Speaker replacement to 5.25 without the need to solder.
2020-11-04 15_55_20-Photo - Google Photos (resized).png2020-11-04 15_55_20-Photo - Google Photos (resized).png

#6190 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Thanks, I rolled the dice and bought some that just happen to match the housing part you have listed and it worked. I wanted to be able to pull the speakers and put back the original if I decide to get rid of the game. that way I can keep your speakerlightkit for my next machine.
Speaker replacement to 5.25 without the need to solder.
[quoted image]

Yep....exactly what I was looking to possibly offer. As I mentioned, the only down side (really just an inconvenience on selling them) is that not all SPIKE 2 games have that molex speaker connection on them. I'm not sure when Stern started adding them and I'm sure some games probably vary from run to run.

Was the terminal part number correct also? I've never used any of the square terminals like that before. The info would be appreciated.

#6191 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yep....exactly what I was looking to possibly offer. As I mentioned, the only down side (really just an inconvenience on selling them) is that not all SPIKE 2 games have that molex speaker connection on them. I'm not sure when Stern started adding them and I'm sure some games probably vary from run to run.
Was the terminal part number correct also? I've never used any of the square terminals like that before. The info would be appreciated.

Yes the terminals were correct as well. The ones I ordered I found on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074M1RZHX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_awkPFbJR0R853

I order some more of the whole set you posted just to validate the machine side. I bought a crimping tool so now I want to crimp everything lol. I don't mind soldering but crimping can be just as easy I wish most parts were put in with connectors like this.

#6192 3 years ago

Now my premium speakers look and sound like an LE with a light kit.

PXL_20201106_023406959~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20201106_023406959~2 (resized).jpg
#6193 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

[quoted image]

Looking good. Nice trees. HA.

#6194 3 years ago

Looking good. Nice trees. HA.

Thanks, I made those. I bought some model trees off Amazon for about $12 and then put a screws in the bottom and secured it to some picture hanger clips. Here is a better photo of the trees.

PXL_20201106_030054601 (resized).jpgPXL_20201106_030054601 (resized).jpg
#6195 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Thanks, I made those. I bought some model trees off Amazon for about $12 and then put a screws in the bottom and secured it to some picture hanger clips. Here is a better photo of the trees.
[quoted image]

Got a link for the trees? Lots of options on Amazon but those look like they fit well.

#6196 3 years ago

I finally cracked the 1B on a 3 ball game ... might be a while before I top this though

Jurassic Park LE (resized).jpgJurassic Park LE (resized).jpg
#6197 3 years ago

Where did you get the light kit?

Quoted from Jmxdc:

[quoted image]

#6198 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I finally cracked the 1B on a 3 ball game ... might be a while before I top this though [quoted image]

Damn Manny!!! fkn cracking score! From memory ~600mil is my best, long way from your territory!

#6199 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Damn Manny!!! fkn cracking score! From memory ~600mil is my best, long way from your territory!

LOL my previous best was 802M and 602M, so this was absolutely out of the blue. I've been playing Escape Nublar Challenge a fair bit, so plenty of practice at making my shots - hit 3 smart missiles (collected 5 rescues and cleared 2 paddocks), got a quadruple super jackpot in raptor multiball ... and wasted my last ball

So you never know, maybe you're not far from that big score yourself

#6200 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

LOL my previous best was 802M and 602M, so this was absolutely out of the blue. I've been playing Escape Nublar Challenge a fair bit, so plenty of practice at making my shots - hit 3 smart missiles (collected 5 rescues and cleared 2 paddocks), got a quadruple super jackpot in raptor multiball ... and wasted my last ball
So you never know, maybe you're not far from that big score yourself

Well done!! I enjoy Nublar as well, especially when mates are over. I think I’m just getting worse at pinball though haha. Or I need to rejig my JP setup, I’m just finding it terribly difficult recently. Keep those scores coming!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/124?hl=zeldarioid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.