New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By EightBallTexas

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,397 posts
  • 545 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 256 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,519 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5020 (resized).JPG
IMG_5019 (resized).JPG
IMG_5018 (resized).JPG
1.gif
IMG_4995 (resized).JPG
IMG_4997.JPG
IMG_4999.JPG
IMG_4998.JPG
IMG_4996.JPG
JP Upper Flipper (resized).jpg
D1988CDF-7971-446E-980A-0B55DF204AC3 (resized).jpeg
8E73EDA7-A997-4C02-BAEA-64B0231D7E7C (resized).jpeg
A05365B4-0904-4058-8A7C-5CD2833438A8 (resized).jpeg
20201116_182926 (resized).jpg
JP_Shooter_on_game_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6397 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 128.
#6101 39 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Makes the game feel so much more Jurassic Park"! I love it. Oh, and defund the nfl. Not getting watched in this house!

Agreeeeed on both parts.

#6102 39 days ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Yes. We all love it. Have installed every version up to the latest and it always gets better and better.
Pretty much perfect as is currently.

Yes now its time to enjoy.

#6103 39 days ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Aloha All,
Anyone installed the new code from Tim? The lastest version is incredible. Would love to hear feedback on some of the cool videos .
Audio kicked ass already and now the videos...pretty solid.
Have a good football Sunday ....my team sucks ....bring on the bourbon.

I have it but haven’t made my SD yet

#6104 39 days ago

I've owned a JP Premium since they were first available, but I never really got into the game. Mine was such a drain monster that I just stopped playing it for many, many months. I'm going to give it another go, but make some changes to hopefully make the game more fun for me.

I've reduced pitch from 6.9 to 6.7. I'm also considering lowering the outlane posts to their lowest setting because it seems to be a real drain monster compared to my most of my other games.

Question, how many have lowered the posts on their outlanes?

Rob

#6105 39 days ago

Why wouldn’t you move the out lane posts? Adjust the game so it’s fun for you. That’s why they’re adjustable! No one wins if you don’t enjoy your own game.

#6106 39 days ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Why wouldn’t you move the out lane posts? Adjust the game so it’s fun for you. That’s why they’re adjustable! No one wins if you don’t enjoy your own game.

Yup, was going to, just procrastinated too much

Rob

#6107 39 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I've owned a JP Premium since they were first available, but I never really got into the game. Mine was such a drain monster that I just stopped playing it for many, many months. I'm going to give it another go, but make some changes to hopefully make the game more fun for me.
I've reduced pitch from 6.9 to 6.7. I'm also considering lowering the outlane posts to their lowest setting because it seems to be a real drain monster compared to my most of my other games.
Rob

I have and it didn’t seem to make that great a difference. It’s just a hard game that you need to make your shots and not let it go towards the out lanes. I think it’s too hard for the average player (what I am, if that), but I fought through It all and it’s near the top of my list.

#6108 39 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I've reduced pitch from 6.9 to 6.7.

Reducing the pitch makes outlane drains more likely, not less. With a steeper playfield there’s more chance the ball will angle away from a drain - only a more direct path will lead straight out the side.

#6109 39 days ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Reducing the pitch makes outlane drains more likely, not less. With a steeper playfield there’s more chance the ball will angle away from a drain - only a more direct path will lead straight out the side.

It depends on a lot of factors like playfield geometry and sling power. At 6.7/6.8 it seems about right so far, even with the C and S shots.

Rob

#6110 39 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It depends on a lot of factors like playfield geometry and sling power. At 6.7/6.8 it seems about right so far, even with the C and S shots.
Rob

the game is designed for 7°, people also reported that it makes the shots easier with this pitch.
after over 5k games i lowered the outlane posts and i feel like i get 30% more balls bouncing back from the danger zone.
I also loosened the tilt and I`m death saving. But again shot training made me better, just repeat the same shot over until you hit 5 in a row or something similar.
JP also has fun combos or modes you can use to make training interesting.
If you once get a taste of combining shots this game is a whole different machine.

#6111 39 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I also got my JP when first out. I’m not into mine. I’ve done all the tweaking more than once. Although it has improved it still has hard drains and clunky as crap.

#6112 39 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I also got my JP when first out. I’m not into mine. I’ve done all the tweaking more than once. Although it has improved it still has hard drains and clunky as crap.

It has to be the setup. The last word I would use to describe this game is "clunky"!

#6113 39 days ago

I guess I can't see what you all are seeing. This game is combos galore, and though the game can be somewhat difficult, I don't think it's the hardest game out there. I get decent ball times, I'm an average player. I don't think the outlanes are that deadly, the slings are really juiced on mine too. I have it on the steeper side as a I do all of my games. It's fast, but I wouldn't say unfair.

One thing to make sure of is that your flipper alignment is correct. I've seen on the other club page about aligning the flippers with the inlane guides. I would highly recommend using the alignment holes. They make the flippers slightly droopy, but that is so that you can make the C and S shots a lot easier. To Stern's credit, mine was set up pretty perfectly from the box. Didn't really have to make any adjustments. I get a bit of lane hop on slow balls, but other than that, it's play amazingly well.

#6114 39 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It has to be the setup. The last word I would use to describe this game is "clunky"!

Probably is the setup but there are many times in this thread people described it as clunky.

#6115 39 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

What is your consensus on my flipper alignment?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6116 39 days ago

What is your consensus on my flipper alignment?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, depending on your photo angle the one on the right may be just a hair low... But if your shots are good and your not getting ball skip off the guide rail on slow rolls, you're good to go

#6117 39 days ago

Should the alignment marking be at the top of the bat or at the center of the bat? Mine seems to be at the top edge

#6118 39 days ago

Should the alignment marking be at the top of the bat or at the center of the bat? Mine seems to be at the top edge

Center of the plastic flipper bat for the mains... However top edge for the upper right flipper

#6119 39 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Center of the plastic flipper bat for the mains... However top edge for the upper right flipper

Ok I’ll readjust tonight and see if get any improvement

#6120 39 days ago

Yeah, they look a teeny bit low to me

#6121 38 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, they look a teeny bit low to me

Adjusted my flipper position to a flipper bat centered to the alignment mark. Just put up my best score ever!

#6122 38 days ago

Adjusted my flipper position to a flipper bat centered to the alignment mark. Just put up my best score ever!

Awesome... Amazing how the slightest tweak gives amazing results. My Star Wars premium is the same way, congrats

#6123 38 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Awesome... Amazing how the slightest tweak gives amazing results. My Star Wars premium is the same way, congrats

I was at the end of my rope with this pin. My JP hasn’t had a lot of the issues others have had on this thread. I am fortunate of that but it was really out of adjustment in other areas, right out of the box. The adjustment needed were many and very small intricate tweaking to get things just so.....wow! Who knew. JP was My second NiB but my first NiB (also a Stern) needed very little “dialing in”

#6124 38 days ago

Glad you are able to enjoy this game as it was meant to be enjoyed. Set up is one of those things that some people don't put much effort into, but you really need to do it right. Dialing in a game should be viewed as part of the early stages of ownership. Lots of new owners expect to unbox, put it on legs, and begin playing without having to do anything. IME, new or preowned, every game needs some sort of adjustment. Some more than others, but I've had to tweak every game I've ever brought into my house. I was lucky on JP2 as my game needed very minor tweaks.

Flipper alignment and side-to-side leveling are the easy ones that apply to every game.

#6125 37 days ago

I had probably my best game on JP after slightly reducing pitch and lowering the outlane posts. It's still not a cakewalk, but certainly a bit less brutal now. The only other game I felt the need to lower outlane posts on was ACDC.

Rob

#6126 37 days ago

FWIW the best change I've made to reduce the amount of outlane drains and more chances to catch the ball was to go back to the stock slingshot rubber rings. I had put superbands on them which made them way too sensitive, slinging on the slightest graze of a ball on them. It was if I never had a chance to catch the ball and they often fired the ball out the outlane. I also did the trick to slide a flathead screwdriver in between the contacts ever so slightly to give them more breathing room. Now I get slings when I expect them and again have a chance to catch the ball with the left flipper when it drops out of the control room. Prior to these changes/reverting the slingshot rings, I was never given that chance and it drove me nuts.

#6127 37 days ago

Get yourself a leaf adjustment tool - you’ll get much better control of sling sensitivity. I adjust every one of my games.

I’ve also heard, though not verified personally, that super bands are much more bouncy than rubber or Perfect Play (which is what I use).

#6128 37 days ago
Quoted from timlah79:

FWIW the best change I've made to reduce the amount of outlane drains and more chances to catch the ball was to go back to the stock slingshot rubber rings. I had put superbands on them which made them way too sensitive, slinging on the slightest graze of a ball on them. It was if I never had a chance to catch the ball and they often fired the ball out the outlane. I also did the trick to slide a flathead screwdriver in between the contacts ever so slightly to give them more breathing room. Now I get slings when I expect them and again have a chance to catch the ball with the left flipper when it drops out of the control room. Prior to these changes/reverting the slingshot rings, I was never given that chance and it drove me nuts.

Haha, I also went back to stock rubbers. I had the transparent ones on it, but the side drains made me go mad. I even had the tiltbop taken out to beat the machine hard enough. Now I have myself more under control. Still a very hard machine but drains are more limited. I will check out the slingshot contacts to make them less responsive.

#6129 36 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I also encountered problems with the opto on the T-Rex ramp, specifically the ramp exit opto. The rear most board wasn't properly aligned with the hole in the ramp and was causing fast shots not to register. The problem was with the plastic ramp mounting point being more than 90 degrees to the side of the ramp with the hole, causing the opto to be tilted downward slightly and pointing too low. My fix was to loosen the opto board and then shim between the ramp and the board and then tighten it back up. This pivoted the board so that it's now square with the side of the ramp.
Here's an exaggerated image to clarify.
[quoted image]
Edit: It's really easy to check the alignment if you pull the playfield all the way out onto the service rails and then pick up the playfield by the handle on the back. Just lift until you can get a good view of the alignment of the board, you might even need to shim it the other way.
Maybe add this as a key topic for fixing the T-Rex ramp opto eightballtexas?

This post saved me a lot of time troubleshooting, thanks!!

#6130 36 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Haha, I also went back to stock rubbers. I had the transparent ones on it, but the side drains made me go mad. I even had the tiltbop taken out to beat the machine hard enough. Now I have myself more under control. Still a very hard machine but drains are more limited. I will check out the slingshot contacts to make them less responsive.

Try turning your slings down to about 27 - 28 also, they still provide the function but don't do cheap drains as much fired right into the outlanes

#6131 36 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I use silicone/poly on the posts and small rings (< 0.5” ) but went back to stock on everything else. Had the same frustrating experience as most here who have tried aftermarket rings. And I really didn’t like how the flippers felt or shot with non-rubber.

#6132 36 days ago

New code update....not worth it for me. I am finally happy with code and Tim's amazing work. Passing on this.

V1.03.0 - October 27th, 2020
============================
- DJ Mixer - added to game mode menu
- T-Rex Mech Driver - all T-Rex throws will now home the motor after the throw is complete
- Score Frame UI - fixing a display issue where T-Rex Mode name could get out of sync with the mode that was starting
- Score Frame UI - fixing a display issue where 'MODE NAME' would sometimes be displayed instead of the actual mode name
- Control Room Modes - fixing a bug where a Control Room mode could be started during the grace period of Raptor Multiball

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'T-REX HOME MOTOR AFTER THROW' which defaults to YES but can be changed to NO to revert to previous behavior
- changed 'DNA COMBOS EXTRA BALL' default from 8 to 6
- changed 'TROUGH EJECT POWER' minimum to 64

- System - Updated to V2.60
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.64.0

- New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in FREE PLAY mode, controls
the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
"ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
"BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode. This is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
"ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.

#6133 35 days ago

Anyone know where I can get a replacement molex connector for the speaker connection in the back panel. I am trying to find a similar one but figured I would hit up this channel before I go buy the wrong ones.

PXL_20201029_184015345.MP (resized).jpg
#6134 35 days ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

New code update....not worth it for me. I am finally happy with code and Tim's amazing work. Passing on this.
V1.03.0 - October 27th, 2020
============================
- DJ Mixer - added to game mode menu
- T-Rex Mech Driver - all T-Rex throws will now home the motor after the throw is complete
- Score Frame UI - fixing a display issue where T-Rex Mode name could get out of sync with the mode that was starting
- Score Frame UI - fixing a display issue where 'MODE NAME' would sometimes be displayed instead of the actual mode name
- Control Room Modes - fixing a bug where a Control Room mode could be started during the grace period of Raptor Multiball
- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'T-REX HOME MOTOR AFTER THROW' which defaults to YES but can be changed to NO to revert to previous behavior
- changed 'DNA COMBOS EXTRA BALL' default from 8 to 6
- changed 'TROUGH EJECT POWER' minimum to 64
- System - Updated to V2.60
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.64.0
- New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in FREE PLAY mode, controls
the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
"ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
"BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode. This is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
"ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.

Had me excited as I thought it'd include co-op and team modes ...

#6135 35 days ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Anyone know where I can get a replacement molex connector for the speaker connection in the back panel. I am trying to find a similar one but figured I would hit up this channel before I go buy the wrong ones.
[quoted image]

I'd start by searching at http://mouser.com, but it's going to be a needle in a haystack if you don't know the part number.

#6136 35 days ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

[quoted image]

Correction: This note is identifying the PCB connectors that the harness plugs into.

Refer to schematic, #520-6936-01 and they refer to the speaker connector as Molex 26-60-4020 for the cabinet speaker, and Molex 26-62-4056 for the backbox speakers.

#6137 35 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Refer to schematic, #520-6936-01 and they refer to the speaker connector as Molex 26-60-4020 for the cabinet speaker, and Molex 26-62-4056 for the backbox speakers.

Nice, thanks! I was digging through the manual but I did not see that.

#6138 35 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

unfortunately those are the connections to the board.

#6139 35 days ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

unfortunately those are the connections to the board.

Oops... You are right. Let me look at the harness.

#6140 35 days ago

Just got word that my JP Prem is ready to ship from Stern. Hopefully, everyone else that is waiting will hear soon.

#6141 35 days ago

.....still waiting for my October delivery. Ughhh

#6142 35 days ago

Mine was for an October delivery too so it seems like the October deliveries are starting to go out.

#6143 35 days ago

I have a table full of mods and a loaded SD card just waiting for a home. Fingers crossed.

#6144 35 days ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

I have a table full of mods and a loaded SD card just waiting for a home. Fingers crossed.

Love hearing that.........what mods??

#6145 34 days ago

Jurassic Park fun...

JPS (resized).jpg
#6146 34 days ago

You guys are awesome. Thanks again, ScottyC! Got a new helicopter and drilled it the right way. No lights(yet) but it looks like it should have come this way!

IMG_20201030_164214410 (resized).jpg
#6147 34 days ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

Just got word that my JP Prem is ready to ship from Stern. Hopefully, everyone else that is waiting will hear soon.

Mine shipped today to the distributor.

#6148 34 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You guys are awesome. Thanks again, ScottyC! Got a new helicopter and drilled it the right way. No lights(yet) but it looks like it should have come this way!
[quoted image]

Looks much better than the flat plastic! Where are you guys finding these? My Google search didn't find this one for sale anywhere.

#6149 34 days ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Looks much better than the flat plastic! Where are you guys finding these? My Google search didn't find this one for sale anywhere.

I had to buy a lot of 9 toys on ebay to get the second one, as the store I found the first one in no longer has them!
Anyone want to buy a set of 8 jurassic park matchbox vehicles?

#6150 34 days ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

[quoted image]

I'm going to throw my guesses out there. I have thought about buying some myself and possibly making them available with quick connects on the ends to slide on the speaker terminals for folks that are adding new speakers and are not soldering inclined. The bad part is...those molex connections were added who knows when...in any case, after SPIKE 2 games were already rolling out for a bit. So it would be a some SPIKE 2 games have them and some SPIKE 2 games don't scenario.

So here goes on my guesses (and this is for the backbox speakers):

speaker side
1 - 39012020 (2 Housings Receptacle)
2 - 39000039 (Female Crimp Terminal)

game side
1 - 39013023 (2 Housings Plug)
2 - 39000041 (Male Crimp Terminal)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 78.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,950 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Tampa, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
COINTAKER.COM
There are 6397 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 128.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside