(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 185.
#6051 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Rescuing the staff enables ‘set trap’ targets. Set trap targets light the dino for capture. Capture the dino and move to the next paddock or rescue all the peeps before moving on.
For scoring goals, focus on rescue streaks. For progress, catch dino and move on.

I'll add that there may be an additional step of hitting the helipad ramp ("S" lane ramp) after the set trap target step. Green paddocks never require the helipad, yellow paddocks only require the helipad shot if you take too long or you drain, and orange/red paddocks always require the helipad shot. The dino arrow will quickly alternate between green and yellow when you can capture the dino and complete the paddock.

The set trap target step also gets harder as you progress. Initially you only need to hit one target, then both in any order, then the left and right in that order.

Edit: I should also note that control room modes (Including Invalid), T-Rex modes, Pterodactyl attack, Amber modes, and Raptor/Chaos multiballs can all stack with paddocks, provided you start the paddock first in most cases.

Quoted from Lounge:

For scoring goals, focus on rescue streaks. For progress, catch dino and move on.

Rescues are also how to qualify the Smart Missile/Super Spinner, and a way to get an extra ball. Beyond the streak bonus, rescuing all the staff and the dino awards a "Perfect Paddock" bonus. Regardless of what the wiki on Tilt Forums says, the "Clear Paddock" Smart Missile reward will also award the "Perfect Paddock" bonus, provided you haven't lost any staff before hitting the missile shot.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What about extend time during control room modes?

There are no ways to add additional time to modes, only stall timers. Pop bumpers or cradling with no switch hits will cause mode timers to pause, and tranquilizers (Hitting green dino arrow shot) or super tranquilizers (Green action button) will temporarily stun dinosaurs. Stunned dinosaurs can't take out staff members or move to new locations.

#6052 3 years ago

Also hitting the truck and turning it changes where rescues are lit in Escape Nublar.

#6053 3 years ago

Soon to be JP owner (on fence between PREM and PRO, here. Question. I think I understand there is a setting in the PREM that 'turns off T-Rex ball throw'. Does that mean the toy will be completely inactive like in the PRO model?....or will the toy still wiggle around?

#6054 3 years ago
Quoted from smoke20:

Soon to be JP owner (on fence between PREM and PRO, here. Question. I think I understand there is a setting in the PREM that 'turns off T-Rex ball throw'. Does that mean the toy will be completely inactive like in the PRO model?....or will the toy still wiggle around?

I haven't changed the setting (yet), but the T-Rex can drop the captured ball cleanly on the wire-ramp, or it can thrash around and then kinda randomly THROW the ball (literally) toward the upper ramp and bumpers and see what it hits or lands upon. It hurts me everytime I see it throw the ball, but not enough to turn it off. As shipped from factory, it does both, depending on the sequence in play.

#6055 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I haven't changed the setting (yet), but the T-Rex can drop the captured ball cleanly on the wire-ramp, or it can thrash around and then kinda randomly THROW the ball (literally) toward the upper ramp and bumpers and see what it hits or lands upon. It hurts me everytime I see it throw the ball, but not enough to turn it off. As shipped from factory, it does both, depending on the sequence in play.

Thanks. It is a remarkably fun toy and I guess it must not hurt anything. I know, "Just play it and enjoy it...don't worry."

#6056 3 years ago

Every time he starts going back and forth, we are yelling "THROW IT...THROW IT!"

#6057 3 years ago
Quoted from smoke20:

It continues as normal without throwing ball. It only drops the ball on the wireform

#6058 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Every time he starts going back and forth, we are yelling "THROW IT...THROW IT!"

Sounds like me when I'm watching a football game

#6059 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

I'll add that there may be an additional step of hitting the helipad ramp ("S" lane ramp) after the set trap target step. Green paddocks never require the helipad, yellow paddocks only require the helipad shot if you take too long or you drain, and orange/red paddocks always require the helipad shot. The dino arrow will quickly alternate between green and yellow when you can capture the dino and complete the paddock.
The set trap target step also gets harder as you progress. Initially you only need to hit one target, then both in any order, then the left and right in that order.
Edit: I should also note that control room modes (Including Invalid), T-Rex modes, Pterodactyl attack, Amber modes, and Raptor/Chaos multiballs can all stack with paddocks, provided you start the paddock first in most cases.

Rescues are also how to qualify the Smart Missile/Super Spinner, and a way to get an extra ball. Beyond the streak bonus, rescuing all the staff and the dino awards a "Perfect Paddock" bonus. Regardless of what the wiki on Tilt Forums says, the "Clear Paddock" Smart Missile reward will also award the "Perfect Paddock" bonus, provided you haven't lost any staff before hitting the missile shot.

There are no ways to add additional time to modes, only stall timers. Pop bumpers or cradling with no switch hits will cause mode timers to pause, and tranquilizers (Hitting green dino arrow shot) or super tranquilizers (Green action button) will temporarily stun dinosaurs. Stunned dinosaurs can't take out staff members or move to new locations.

To resume the paddock mode, you need to rescue staff asked, then it lits the set trap targets. What you need to shoot to capture dino? Shooting these set trap targets?
Thanks

#6060 3 years ago

To resume the paddock mode, you need to rescue staff asked, then it lits the set trap targets. What you need to shoot to capture dino? Shooting these set trap targets?
Thanks

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

#6061 3 years ago

Thanks

Rescue the required staff to light the set trap targets
Hit the flashing set trap targets
Depending upon the dino paddock you're in, shoot the helicopter ramp to dispatch the helicopter
Shoot the dino (it'll be flashing green/yellow) to capture it

If you take too long to shoot the dino after dispatching the helicopter (or if you drain), it'll say that the helicopter needs refueling and you need to shot the helicopter ramp again before going after the dino.

Also the bottom of the LCD screen will tell you what you need to do.

#6062 3 years ago

I'm impatiently waiting for a JP Prem. I'm supposedly suppose to receive one from the October builds. Is there any way to know if JP prems are currently on the line being built and when the last of them will be shipped out?

#6063 3 years ago

Just ordered a JP Premium this week, was told by distributor it will be shipped by the end of the month...

Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

I'm impatiently waiting for a JP Prem. I'm supposedly suppose to receive one from the October builds. Is there any way to know if JP prems are currently on the line being built and when the last of them will be shipped out?

#6064 3 years ago

I feel your pain, have been waiting for a Prem since early July. Would also enjoy knowing when they are actually on the line

Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

#6065 3 years ago

For those with Pinstadiums, which flasher did you hook up to?

#6068 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

For those with Pinstadiums, which flasher did you hook up to?

Control room i think

#6069 3 years ago

Question for you guys about the raptor behind the raptor pen.. when your raptor lunges forward, is it centered between the two raised side pieces? Mine is crooked to the player's left and hits his right hand on the side plastic. Before I try any harder to tweak him, I'm wondering if this is how is is supposed to be. His feet are anchored and there is no play down there to shift them.

#6070 3 years ago

Also in the same boat.
Ordered a JP Premium at the start of September... Was initially told "Oct/Nov" but Stern would not commit to any dates (very fair with Covid).
I just hope it arrives before the snow flies!

Quoted from jedi42:

I feel your pain, have been waiting for a Prem since early July. Would also enjoy knowing when they are actually on the line

#6071 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Question for you guys about the raptor behind the raptor pen.. when your raptor lunges forward, is it centered between the two raised side pieces? Mine is crooked to the player's left and hits his right hand on the side plastic. Before I try any harder to tweak him, I'm wondering if this is how is is supposed to be. His feet are anchored and there is no play down there to shift them.

Mine is the same. It'll get stuck if I don't bend its arm every once in a while. Couldn't get any play out of it either.

#6072 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Mine is the same. It'll get stuck if I don't bend its arm every once in a while. Couldn't get any play out of it either.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Same here =/

#6073 3 years ago

Thanks, guys. Just wondered if he was supposed to be moving more when I hit him. I feel better knowing that's just the way he is

#6074 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I FIXED this permanently by using a heat gun (you could also use a hair dryer)... Remove raptor from playfield..Wrap a rubber band around arms, apply very small, and I emphasize small short blasts of heat, let cool, unwrap and check.. May have to do repeatedly to get proper alignment but eventually you can get the right arm centered inward and won't have the hang up issue again

#6075 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I FIXED this permanently by using a heat gun (you could also use a hair dryer)... Remove raptor from playfield..Wrap a rubber band around arms, apply very small, and I emphasize small short blasts of heat, let cool, unwrap and check.. May have to do repeatedly to get proper alignment but eventually you can get the right arm not more centered and won't have the hang up issue again

LOVE IT. Thanks so much, I am doing this tonight!

#6076 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I FIXED this permanently by using a heat gun (you could also use a hair dryer)... Remove raptor from playfield..Wrap a rubber band around arms, apply very small, and I emphasize small short blasts of heat, let cool, unwrap and check.. May have to do repeatedly to get proper alignment but eventually you can get the right arm not more centered and won't have the hang up issue again

I did the same thing with mine, but it was the tail getting caught under the flat metal of the tower. I used a heat gun to bend it up and out of the way.

#6077 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:I FIXED this permanently by using a heat gun (you could also use a hair dryer)... Remove raptor from playfield..Wrap a rubber band around arms, apply very small, and I emphasize small short blasts of heat, let cool, unwrap and check.. May have to do repeatedly to get proper alignment but eventually you can get the right arm centered inward and won't have the hang up issue again

How do you remove the raptor? I'd love to try this fix

#6078 3 years ago

Man, thank you again.... Took about 30 seconds and he is fixed! I took the last way and wedged a ceramic coaster and a microfiber cloth in there to protect everything but his arm so I didn't have to take it apart to remove him. I will second the earlier advice of only heating BRIEFLY, as I heated him at the shoulder with a heat gun on low for like 4 seconds and I think 6 seconds would have melted the arm off! Worked out perfectly, thanks again!

#6079 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Man, thank you again.... Took about 30 seconds and he is fixed! I took the last way and wedged a ceramic coaster and a microfiber cloth in there to protect everything but his arm so I didn't have to take it apart to remove him. I will second the earlier advice of only heating BRIEFLY, as I heated him at the shoulder with a heat gun on low for like 4 seconds and I think 6 seconds would have melted the arm off! Worked out perfectly, thanks again!

For anyone using a heat gun with plastic, vinyl and pvc, its an art to know how long to hold it in place and how close the gun is to the part itself. Keep in mind that the thicker the part is that needs to be deformed, the slower you want the heating to occur because the heat gun is essentially being applied to the OUTER surfaces, but to permanently deform these materials, you need the INSIDE of the part to be softened. While you may have reasonable results with fast hot burst on the surface, once cooled the inside material may continue to be stressed and over time will force the part partially back to some of the original shape.

I recommend trying this a few times on a piece of scrap plastic or vinyl to get gthe hang of it. (Before you start "melting your raptor"... LOL.) Actually its quite easy, but takes a few minutes of practice to really get the results you want. Lastly, once deformed, make sure you have something (ties, rubber bands, string, whatever) to keep the part in the new position you want, as it could take a couple of minutes of blowing on it before it is set to the new shape.

#6080 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

How do you remove the raptor? I'd love to try this fix

Unscrew the one screw going through the legs, there is a nut on the outside and 2 washers inside, have a magnet ready to catch everything, that way you don't have to hunt for it..a little twist and the upper body comes right off

#6081 3 years ago

For anyone using a heat gun with plastic, vinyl and pvc, its an art to know how long to hold it in place and how close the gun is to the part itself. Keep in mind that the thicker the part is that needs to be deformed, the slower you want the heating to occur because the heat gun is essentially being applied to the OUTER surfaces, but to permanently deform these materials, you need the INSIDE of the part to be softened. While you may have reasonable results with fast hot burst on the surface, once cooled the inside material may continue to be stressed and over time will force the part partially back to some of the original shape.
I recommend trying this a few times on a piece of scrap plastic or vinyl to get gthe hang of it. (Before you start "melting your raptor"... LOL.) Actually its quite easy, but takes a few minutes of practice to really get the results you want. Lastly, once deformed, make sure you have something (ties, rubber bands, string, whatever) to keep the part in the new position you want, as it could take a couple of minutes of blowing on it before it is set to the new shape.

Yeah, I wore work gloves and heated from far away, gradually getting closer so that I could feel the arm start to move as I pushed on it. I didn't expect it to get so soft, so fast it worked out perfectly on mine, but a one armed raptor would have made my raptor pen much less intimidating!

#6082 3 years ago

Sage advice

#6083 3 years ago

[Deleted: I posted in the wrong thread, please ignore!]

#6084 3 years ago

My T rex seems to have trouble closing her mouth. When i manually move the jaw, it sounds like the rubber exterior pieces are rubbing together, making too much friction to let the mouth close easily. It doesn't affect game play too much, just drops the ball a bit early sometimes. It seems the clearance between the rubber pieces is super tight and the rubber might have changed shape almost imperceptibly, but enough to cause resistance. Any ideas for an easy fix? Thanks in advance.

#6085 3 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

My T rex seems to have trouble closing her mouth. When i manually move the jaw, it sounds like the rubber exterior pieces are rubbing together, making too much friction to let the mouth close easily. It doesn't affect game play too much, just drops the ball a bit early sometimes. It seems the clearance between the rubber pieces is super tight and the rubber might have changed shape almost imperceptibly, but enough to cause resistance. Any ideas for an easy fix? Thanks in advance.

I just fixed this issue. My TRex worked great for a few months and then all of a sudden the mouth wouldn’t close as fast as it used to. Manually opening and closing the mouth felt like the jaw was rubbing and getting stuck when it got to the fully open position.

The solution was a washer inside the mouth between the top of the mouth and the bracket. Essentially raising the top of the TRex just enough to allow the clearance the jaw requires.

You could probably bend the bracket and achieve the same result. I tried the spacer before bending anything because it’s easier to remove a washer than bend a bracket back if it didn’t work.

#6086 3 years ago

I am using a craft heat gun for this, and so much more lately over my larger one.
under $10 shipped....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6087 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I just fixed this issue. My TRex worked great for a few months and then all of a sudden the mouth wouldn’t close as fast as it used to. Manually opening and closing the mouth felt like the jaw was rubbing and getting stuck when it got to the fully open position.
The solution was a washer inside the mouth between the top of the mouth and the bracket. Essentially raising the top of the TRex just enough to allow the clearance the jaw requires.
You could probably bend the bracket and achieve the same result. I tried the spacer before bending anything because it’s easier to remove a washer than bend a bracket back if it didn’t work.

I will have to look into this. Thank you for the reply.

#6088 3 years ago

I never liked the plastic underneath the helicopter prop. Not sure if I absolutely love my solution, but I think it's better than the flat plastic. My main disappointment is that ya can't really turn it so you can see the side from the players perspective. But I think it at least looks like a helicopter.
Bought a matchbox jurassic copter, drilled the hell out of it to fit it around the spinner shaft, and here's what I ended up with. I'm surprised nobody with some actual skill has modded one up with lights in it by now.

IMG_20201022_173919862 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_173919862 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_173928352 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_173928352 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_173934074 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_173934074 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_184424842 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_184424842 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_193602961 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_193602961 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_195624934 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_195624934 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_195644825 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_195644825 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_195654842 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_195654842 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_195700244 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_195700244 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_195706719 (resized).jpgIMG_20201022_195706719 (resized).jpg
#6089 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I never liked the plastic underneath the helicopter prop. Not sure if I absolutely love my solution, but I think it's better than the flat plastic. My main disappointment is that ya can't really turn it so you can see the side from the players perspective. But I think it at least looks like a helicopter.
Bought a matchbox jurassic copter, drilled the hell out of it to fit it around the spinner shaft, and here's what I ended up with. I'm surprised nobody with some actual skill has modded one up with lights in it by now.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think I’ve seen one on here with lights... maybe not an official mod though

#6090 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I think I’ve seen one on here with lights... maybe not an official mod though

Yeah I think that's just an extra helicopter, not one that fits under that spinner

#6091 3 years ago

My plastic cracked due to a nice airball... but I ended up modding mine with lights (orange with hot glue diffusing).. tapped into the helipad LED

VID: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eAZtBH9wQ89hiuiD8

All the photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kBiE2mvdTDYJiLDk7

screenshot.3529 (resized).jpgscreenshot.3529 (resized).jpg
#6092 3 years ago

does someone know where to find the following node board: #520-8407-00
one led is down and dont know if i need to replace the led or the board?

#6093 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

My plastic cracked due to a nice airball... but I ended up modding mine with lights (orange with hot glue diffusing).. tapped into the helipad LED
VID: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eAZtBH9wQ89hiuiD8
All the photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kBiE2mvdTDYJiLDk7[quoted image]

Damn.... Now I have to buy another one and do it over. I never thought to turn it around, and with it facing away, had to drill forward of the prop, right where that thick metal is underneath . Nice job! Glad mine is so easily removable!
**New copter enroute! Thanks for posting your pic. So much better

#6094 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Damn.... Now I have to buy another one and do it over. I never thought to turn it around, and with it facing away, had to drill forward of the prop, right where that thick metal is underneath . Nice job! Glad mine is so easily removable!
**New copter enroute! Thanks for posting your pic. So much better

Here's what I did to mine also...added some "guardrails" and also an extra washer on the counterweight, spins super nice now!!!

Here's a vid also

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wGc6rzAMkxBzVB6p8

20200725_121524 (resized).jpg20200725_121524 (resized).jpg
#6095 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Here's what I did to mine also...added some "guardrails" and also an extra washer on the counterweight, spins super nice now!!!
Here's a vid also
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wGc6rzAMkxBzVB6p8
[quoted image]

Love the guardrails really suits the helipad, although hopefully you have no errant airballs ending up on the inside of the fence

#6096 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Love the guardrails really suits the helipad, although hopefully you have no errant airballs ending up on the inside of the fence

I thought I might at first but 600 plays later and not one there yet ! I just jinxed it

#6097 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I thought I might at first but 600 plays later and not one there yet ! I just jinxed it

Haha yep ya doomed now!! Actually I've seen very few airballs on my JP, although recently I've had a couple where I've bricked the tower shot from a high speed upper loop orbit (I'm not actually sure what I hit to cause the airball though ... and not worried about it)

#6098 3 years ago

Aloha All,

Anyone installed the new code from Tim? The lastest version is incredible. Would love to hear feedback on some of the cool videos .

Audio kicked ass already and now the videos...pretty solid.

Have a good football Sunday ....my team sucks ....bring on the bourbon.

#6099 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Aloha All,
Anyone installed the new code from Tim? The lastest version is incredible. Would love to hear feedback on some of the cool videos .

Makes the game feel so much more Jurassic Park"! I love it. Oh, and defund the nfl. Not getting watched in this house!

#6100 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Aloha All,

Yes. We all love it. Have installed every version up to the latest and it always gets better and better.
Pretty much perfect as is currently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/122?hl=jray23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.