(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 185.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Where do i find the egg and the TREX? Edit:Found the egg. But not the Trex
BTW I got My LE setup yesterday. The playfield looks great. No defects at all that i noticed. Ive put about 10 games on it. Only thing that im going to have to adjust tonight is i had a little bit of flipper hop on my left flipper.

@hookedonpinball

Here is the link- https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p211/Jurassic-Park-Raptor-Replacement-Pro-Mod.html

Happy Hunting.

#502 4 years ago

My JPLE is scheduled for delivery Monday, 9/23 from 0800-1200.

Stern hasn't completed building the amber shooter rod accessories yet.

Was told that Stern started putting a thinner coat of clear coat on the playfields. They suspect that the clear coat was applied too thick and then not allowed to fully cure. Anyways, that's the answer I got.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

My JPLE is scheduled for delivery Monday, 9/23 from 0800-1200.
Stern hasn't completed building the amber shooter rod accessories yet.
Was told that Stern started putting a thinner coat of clear coat on the playfields. They suspect that the clear coat was applied too thick and then not allowed to fully cure. Anyways, that's the answer I got.

Hi,

Stern is making the rod? Do you know what the price will be.

Congrats on the confirmation.

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Hi,
Stern is making the rod? Do you know what the price will be.
Congrats on the confirmation.

There is a officially licensed JP amber shooter rod that some distributors are currently (or were) offering for $80. I bought one when I placed the order for my LE. It was designed by George Gomez, who also designed the GMC (Gomez Motor Company) truck.

Keith Elwin discussed the amber shooter rod accessory in this article:
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-july-29th-2019/

I did a quick search, maybe this retailer still has some to sell?
https://pinballandmore.com/jurassic-park-limited-edition-pinball-machine/

ModFather is selling a version of the amber shooter rod for $99, but it does not appear to include the LED's or the light show integration that Keith Elwin mentioned in the TWIP article.
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter-stern
pic (resized).jpgpic (resized).jpg

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

There is a officially licensed JP amber shooter rod that some distributors are currently (or were) offering for $80. I bought one when I placed the order for my LE. It was designed by George Gomez, who also designed the GMC (Gomez Motor Company) truck.
Keith Elwin discussed the amber shooter rod accessory in this article:
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-july-29th-2019/
I did a quick search, maybe this retailer still has some to sell?
https://pinballandmore.com/jurassic-park-limited-edition-pinball-machine/
ModFather is selling a version of the amber shooter rod for $99, but it does not appear to include the LED's or the light show integration that Keith Elwin mentioned in the TWIP article.
https://modfatherpinball.com/products/jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter-stern
[quoted image]

Here is one way marked up.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/cabinet-parts/shooter-rods/jurassic-park-mosquito-in-amber-shooter-knob-rod-plunger-for-stern-pinball-machine/

Did you also buy your machine from pinballandmore? I dont see a link to buy it.

#506 4 years ago

No, I bought mine from Great American Pinball (GAP). I was told this morning that it would be shipping separately because Stern isn’t done making them. They’ll probably eventually be available off Stern’s accessory page as well, but I don’t know if Stern sells accessories direct or thru distributors.

https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

No, I bought mine from Great American Pinball (GAP). I was told this morning that it would be shipping separately because Stern isn’t done making them. They’ll probably eventually be available off Stern’s accessory page as well, but I don’t know if Stern sells accessories direct or thru distributors.
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories

I will ask when I go on the tour. Sniff around and all the goodies.

#508 4 years ago

Yeah thats the raptor for the pros. I dont think that will work for the LE. In your post you said improved TRex not raptor. So i got confused.

#509 4 years ago

Little Shop of Games was selling them for $80 when the first started selling them. I was able to pre purchase one @ that price, I am assuming the price jump is due to the popularity of the pre sell.

#510 4 years ago

So any ideas on who will be able to stream an LE JP next week? My Premium won’t be here for another 3-4 weeks, but I’d love to see the game okay of the LE since it is mostly similar gameplay to Premium.

#511 4 years ago

So I'm playing the LE right now and will post my play review but short summary is it's fucking awesome. Haha

Pf looks great, much less clear on it no question. They def changed it up. No art by posts.

#512 4 years ago

So any advice on polishing and cleaning with thinner clear coat? More often? Etc.

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I'm playing the LE right now and will post my play review but short summary is it's fucking awesome. Haha
Pf looks great, much less clear on it no question. They def changed it up. No art by posts.

Is the Trex rejecting at on the one your playing. ?

On mine when hes ready to eat the ball. The ball rejects about 35% of the time.

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Is the Trex rejecting at on the one your playing. ?
On mine when hes ready to eat the ball. The ball rejects about 35% of the time.

This had been happening on the proto at Logan. The tech (it might be sk8ball working on it directly too) adjusted things and stopped being an issue.

The last few days the trex hasn't been registering, but I don't think the tech has been in to service.

The game has held up VERY well since it has been here, and it has been played basically nonstop from open to close, so looking good

#515 4 years ago

Nice car by the way.
Why on earth is your xmas tree ready?? haha. kidding.

Thanks! That car is what my friend calls my beater, lol. It has a LPE 383 SuperRam LT1 in it. I just want my Nassau Blue twin turbo Tigershark C5 back already! Wanted to do the 1/2 mile this weekend but looks like I’m out. Still waiting for friends to come over to get the game in and swap out Dr. Who.

#516 4 years ago

011-Confirmed
026-Confirmed
119-Confirmed
I wonder when we will see 250's and up as I heard those are bookmarked for the rest of the world. Let's see if the first 250 are only USA .
250 for USA and 250 for the rest of the entire planet.
Crazy.

My friend locally just picked his up that’s #260.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Thanks! That car is what my friend calls my beater, lol. It has a LPE 383 SuperRam LT1 in it. I just want my Nassau Blue twin turbo Tigershark C5 back already! Wanted to do the 1/2 mile this weekend but looks like I’m out. Still waiting for friends to come over to get the game in and swap out Dr. Who.

Jase, I'm literally free RIGHT NOW let's roll up our sleeves and get that had boy in there. You can have the GC but I'll leave a few WLFs behind in 3rd and 4th. I drive a 2005 Camry not as fast as your trans-am so may take me a little to get over, haha

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

My friend locally just picked his up that’s #260.

I will update growing list. Where should our 1 year reunion be?? I can get us good deals anywhere..lol.

#519 4 years ago

011-Confirmed
026-Confirmed
119-Confirmed
260-Confirmed

I see we went over the 250 so I assume USA numbers are scattered with the rest of the world.

I wonder when we will see 250's and up as I heard those are bookmarked for the rest of the world. Let's see if the first 250 are only USA .
250 for USA and 250 for the rest of the entire planet.
Crazy.

#520 4 years ago

I confirm that. I'll have #200.

#521 4 years ago

I will update growing list. Where should our 1 year reunion be?? I can get us good deals anywhere..lol.

Is this serious zeal?

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I confirm that. I'll have #200.

Awesome News, will update our new little club- haha . We need a name...not SOA or Mayans..lol

Congrats to you.

I am heading out on a 15 day cruise so I told my distro to hold off sending mine....wish I could trust my neighbor...lol

#523 4 years ago

011-Confirmed
026-Confirmed
119-Confirmed
200-Confirmed
260-Confirmed

I see we went over the 250 so I assume USA numbers are scattered with the rest of the world.

Who the hell has number 001

#524 4 years ago

i cant remember my number ill check tonight.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:011-Confirmed
026-Confirmed
119-Confirmed
200-Confirmed
260-Confirmed
Who the hell has number 001

Keith has 001

#526 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

i cant remember my number ill check tonight.

Thanks.

#527 4 years ago

100% or a guess??

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is this serious zeal?

Do you mean "Deal"? If so yes.

We could have a nice gathering in Frisco next year for the pinball show...Texas people would love that..HAHA.

#529 4 years ago

Yeah.... I’m just making a huge guess

#530 4 years ago

Ah crap.

F239B235-2CEF-4322-B98F-CBE58A89CD91 (resized).jpegF239B235-2CEF-4322-B98F-CBE58A89CD91 (resized).jpeg
#531 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Ah crap.[quoted image]

oh man.....sorry!!

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Ah crap.[quoted image]

That is messed up! Turds!!

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yeah.... I’m just making a huge guess

It might have gone to a VIP or business owner who spends millions. Maybe they will check in with us.

#534 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Ah crap.[quoted image]

I had to look at that twice, holy shit that sucks.

#535 4 years ago

I thought it was a joke at first! Like the he was clawing his way out of box... dude I’m sorry

#536 4 years ago

No damage other than the decals on one side of the head so I accepted it. Stern is going to send me a new decal.

#537 4 years ago

The delivery guy brought it in a 53 foot trailer and the game was all the way to the nose. I heard him pull it away from the wall and say “oh come on.” My heart just sank. Glad the damage wasn’t bad enough to send back.

#538 4 years ago

Maybe request shipping money back for your troubles?

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

No damage other than the decals on one side of the head so I accepted it. Stern is going to send me a new decal.

That is great news....Stern stepped up and replaced the side metal on one side for me on my LUCI, no questions asked.

Whats your number??

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

The delivery guy brought it in a 53 foot trailer and the game was all the way to the nose. I heard him pull it away from the wall and say “oh come on.” My heart just sank. Glad the damage wasn’t bad enough to send back.</blockquote

So it was rubbing up against the metal wall?? how bizarre.

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Ah crap.[quoted image]

I don't know why these shipping companies can't be more careful.

#542 4 years ago

It wasn't rubbing. At some point along the way the forks went into the box as something was being lifted up or down and scraped the head. The driver didn't load the truck but whoever did turned the damage to the wall so it wasn't noticed.

Not sure on the number. I was too focused on the damage and I had to get back to work.

I'll post as soon as I know.

#543 4 years ago

#278 picked up today

#544 4 years ago

Picking up #252 today

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Ah crap.[quoted image]

I feel your pain! My Luci had to be returned to the distributor and is still at the factory being repaired. Two months since I ordered her and still waiting. I hope she makes the second trip safely. Not sure I can wait another two months.

#546 4 years ago

I am heading out on a 15 day cruise so I told my distro to hold off sending mine....wish I could trust my neighbor...lol

You can trust me. I will do a 100% fully functional test on it and make sure it is ready for you when you return!

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Ah crap.[quoted image]

I thought T Rex bit a hole in it. Sorry to see that!

#548 4 years ago

So l played an LE for almost two hours today. Shout out to Helicon Brewery in Pittsburgh - absolutely the best there is.

Here are my impressions.

Going in, I already knew I wanted this game but wasn't sure pro or prem/LE. The long short of it is premium/le ALL THE WAY and the PF was perfect - def much less clear on it which seems to be the answer along with no art by posts!

1) Art on the LE is so much better than the pro (in person). I won't revisit my take on the pro considering it's not very positive but good rebound on the LE. I'm not a fan of that JP3 Dino or the car but in the aggregate it works. First thing I do is remove that car btw - already have a good jeep. I also thought the premium art was the best of the three so excited. Sideblades are awesome btw.

2) Right off the bat, you start the game and a glaring difference from the pro is the helicopter. Yes it looks cool but what was surprising to me was the sound it makes which is very loud. It really adds to the overall effect and gets you right into that JP mood.

3) Right after that I was greeted with a HUGE TREX roar that had the toy visibly open it's mouth and it was just awesome. It really got me engaged in the game and instantly took that relatively dull/stagnant corner of the Pro and brought it too life. BAM - toy in your face right in the beginning - loved it. Afterwards it would just follow the ball but in many different directions and it felt organic

4) TREX eating the ball - very cool although a couple things. The shot needs to be basically perfect otherwise it won't work. I also would like stern to close the mouth MUCH quicker as the current delay kind of breaks the effect a little as the REX mouth seems to be on a slight delay. The mech worked everytime when the shot was lined up right. It didn't throw it during any of my games though - hopefully that's still in! I also think the JP DE eating is cooler, but Stern JP throwing is better than the swallow so a draw!

5) Quality wise, the game feels better than the pro. This was in line with my previous experience with LE/prem vs pro - not sure why since Stern hasn't said they differ in build but it felt heavier no question.

6) Sound effects in this game are fantastic. Call outs, especially the main guy with the accent are bad.

7) Raptor Pit - BIG difference on the prem/LE. I knew TREX would be hard to pass on but not this. I was wrong. The gate going up, the effects that play and the way it works makes this shot make so much more sense vs. playing the pro.

8 ) Stern - give the LE guys matching trim on the backbox. Cmon now. As for the powder, I'm not really a huge fan. Could have matched with a diff color.

Overall - I'm def getting a prem and my concerns about pfs has been really helped by this experience.

Stern - job well done.

#549 4 years ago

#161 delivered!! No issues to report.

#550 4 years ago

Playfields are holding up well. no washers below the slingshot posts, no pooling. thinner clear definitely applied for this run, seems to have cured correctly as far as the 2 hours we've played the thing.

the pearl in the dark green armor is really nice in person.

confirm 101, 120, 121, and 122. don't feel bad, 1 came damaged as well, knicked the backbox artwork but really torn up box.

these things are manhandled at terminals, but credit given to stern, excellent packaging job every time.

a couple of pics added as requested...

IMG_E3689 (resized).JPGIMG_E3689 (resized).JPGIMG_3692 (resized).JPGIMG_3692 (resized).JPGIMG_E3702 (resized).JPGIMG_E3702 (resized).JPGIMG_3693 (resized).JPGIMG_3693 (resized).JPGIMG_3696 (resized).JPGIMG_3696 (resized).JPGIMG_3695 (resized).JPGIMG_3695 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/11?hl=vongator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.